Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

- Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (2436 Views)

Fraudsters: STOP Asking Your Kins Abroad To Help You Aid Your Selfish Interests! / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by sweetmelanin(f): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
From recent rules of mandatory masks to talks of compulsory covid-19 vaccinations, there appears to be an increase in control and restrictions being placed on us all in the western world... and it's fair to say things appear to be headed towards a totally dystopian state as more and more of freedoms and rights seems to be stripped away under the guise of this virus.

For example, the UK have already ordered 90 million doses of the 'oxford' vaccine (of which we have no proof of it's long term safety). Bear in mind that the population of UK is approx. 65 million ... doesn't this show intent to have every single individual vaccinated?

Nigerians abroad aren't you worried? Will you consider returning home at this point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LbHn3byI8

Re: by etrange: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nationwide vaccination program is not a new thing. If Africans don't want to be vaccinated, they can opt out but let people who need it proceed. We never come up with any solution but we're always the first to criticize others' strategies.

11 Likes

Re: by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:
From recent rules of mandatory masks to talks of compulsory covid-19 vaccinations, there appears to be an increase in control and restrictions being placed on us all in the western world... and it's fair to say things appear to be headed towards a totally dystopian state as more and more of freedoms and rights seems to be stripped away under the guise of this virus.

For example, the UK have already ordered 90 million doses of the 'oxford' vaccine (of which we have no proof of it's long term safety). Bear in mind that the population of UK is approx. 65 million ... doesn't this show intent to have every single individual vaccinated?

Nigerians abroad aren't you worried? Will you consider returning home at this point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LbHn3byI8

No i'm not worried or planning to return home just because i'm asked to wear mask to protect myself and others around me.

2 Likes

Re: by sweetmelanin(f): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

No i'm not worried or planning to return home just because i'm asked to wear mask to protect myself and others around me.

And if they make the vaccination compulsory?
Re: by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:

I will take one

1 Like

Re: by thesicilian: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Choice is an important part of our wellbeing as free individuals. When you take that ability to choose away from someone who is competent enough to make his own decisions, what you have left is an authoritarian society.

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

I will take one
Is it helpful or harmful? Answer with explanation please.
Re: by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wolgrace:

Is it helpful or harmful? Answer with explanation please.

How do i know? The vaccination is not even out but conspiracy theorist are out with their alarm

You believe that the govt is set out to wipe out 60M people?

2 Likes

Re: by sweetmelanin(f): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
thesicilian:
Choice is an important part of our wellbeing as free individuals. When you take that ability to choose away from someone who is competent enough to make his own decisions, what you have left is an authoritarian society.

That's the bone of contention here. What's life without freedom sad

Would you say living in Africa is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: by sweetmelanin(f): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

How do i know? The vaccination is not even out but conspiracy theorist are out with their alarm

Huh? undecided

As a mod I'm quite surprised at your line of thinking... who said anything about the government wiping out 60 million people? What as conspiracy theorist got to do with this?

I'm talking about people's civil liberties, freedom of choice and the threat of living under a totalitarian state where individuals cannot choose what or what not to have injected into their own bodies!

2 Likes

Re: by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Huh? undecided

As a mod I'm quite surprised at your line of thinking... who said anything about the government wiping out 60 million people? What as conspiracy theorist got to do with this?

I'm talking about people's civil liberties, freedom of choice and the threat of living under a totalitarian state where individuals cannot choose what or what not to have injected into their own bodies!

This conspiracy theory regarding wearing of mask is everywhere and this is heading the same direction.

How does asking you to wear a mask to protect yourself and people around you means taking away your civil liberty? Your civil liberty as against contacting coronavirus and possibly dying ? What liberty do you have 6fit down?

Govt has to make it mandatory because your irresponsible behavior will cost innocent lives and affect other people.

If those who died of coronavius are given a choice of mask or death what do you think they will go for?

11 Likes

Re: by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:

That's the bone of contention here. What's life without freedom sad

Would you say living in Africa is the way forward?

Have you seen how they treat people who refused to follow the regulation?

2 Likes

Re: by sweetmelanin(f): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

This conspiracy theory regarding wearing of mask is everywhere and this is heading the same direction.

How does asking you to wear a mask to protect yourself and people around you means taking away your civil liberty? Your civil liberty as against contacting coronavirus and possibly dying ? What liberty do you have 6fit down?

Govt has to make it mandatory because your irresponsible behavior will cost innocent lives and affect other people.

If those who died of coronavius are given a choice of mask or death what do you think they will go for?

First of all coronavirus is not a death sentence. Those who have lost their lives had severe underlying issues, are elderly or immunocompromised.

Secondly, if you are wearing a mask and you truly believe it gives you ultimate "protection", how does the next man's refusal to wear one affect you in anyway? Afterall you've got your mask on!

3 Likes

Re: by Bevista: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

According to official figures on the WHO website, road accident kills over 60k per year in Nigeria. Last time I checked, total number of deaths from Covid-19 is less than 1k.

If it's about public health and saving lives, should the government not be more concerned about road accidents? Also, as some of those accidents are a result of irresponsible behaviors (like over speeding), should the government not enforce a 15km/hr speed limit on all highways, so that irresponsible drivers like you (who like to do over 100km/hr) will not cost the lives of other innocent road users? Go figure!

9 Likes

Re: by justwise(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:

First of all coronavirus is not a death sentence. Those who have lost their lives had severe underlying issues, are elderly or immunocompromised.

Secondly, if you are wearing a mask and you truly believe it gives you ultimate "protection", how does the next man's refusal to wear one affect you in anyway? Afterall you've got your mask on!

That is not true, both elderly and healthy young people have died of coronavirus.

If only few people wear a mask then majority will spread it which makes no sense when the goal is to reduce the infection rate.

It takes only one irresponsible carrier to spread it to hundreds of people

1 Like

Re: by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bevista:
According to official figures on the WHO website, road accident kills over 60k per year in Nigeria. Last time I checked, total number of deaths from Covid-19 is less than 1k.

If it's about public health and saving lives, should the government not be more concerned about road accidents? Also, as some of those accidents are a result of irresponsible behaviors (like over speeding), should the government not enforce a 15km/hr speed limit on all highways, so that irresponsible drivers like you (who like to do over 100km/hr) will not cost the lives of other innocent road users? Go figure!

This is just a ridiculous example. Is road accident contiguous?
Re: by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

Please stop arguing with these guys, I believe you know where this arguement will lead to. Chips, population control.

1 Like

Re: by Bevista: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

In spite of your "highly contagious" C-19 virus, I've just shown you that I'm 100 times more likely to die from road accident than die from the stupid media hysteria virus. If I must wear a face mask to protect you and others, then you must drive at 10km/hr speed limit to protect me and others. Or don't you care about the lives of others anymore?

3 Likes

Re: by Influential101: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
Is it in Nigeria you'll have freedom ? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bevista:
In spite of your "highly contagious" C-19 virus, I've just shown you that I'm 100 times more likely to die from road accident than die from the stupid media hysteria virus. If I must wear a face mask to protect you and others, then you must drive at 10km/hr speed limit to protect me and others. Or don't you care about the lives of others anymore?

Just wasted a minute of my life i will never get back again.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
Activist001:

Please stop arguing with these guys, I believe you know where this arguement will lead to. Chips, population control.

Its obvious
Re: by Bevista: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

Just wasted a minute of my life i will never get back again.

Good luck.
I thought so. Instead of regurgitating the drivel propagated to you by mainstream media, maybe you can actually do some thinking of your own.

4 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

Even more! They can wipe 100M people within a month with phase upon phase plan.. With direct assessment and information, I can tell you that.

We know what's up..
Re: by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wolgrace:

Even more! They can wipe 100M people within a month with phase upon phase plan.. With direct assessment and information, I can tell you that.

We know what's up..

Yes and stop this embarrassing/shameful conspiracy theories.
Re: by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:
[/b]
Yes and stop this embarrassing/shameful conspiracy theories.
Young man, calm down. Save the time.
Re: by Minsk24: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
etrange:
Nationwide vaccination program is not a new thing. If Africans don't want to be vaccinated, they can opt out but let people who need it proceed. We never come up with any solution but we're always the first to criticize others' strategies.

Very good contribution.....
Re: by Minsk24: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bevista:

I really wonder how people like you reason... Its appalling, we are in the midst of a pandemic, a highly contagious disease that we haven't fully figured out and you are comparing it with road accident, shame on you...

4 Likes

Re: by Minsk24: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wolgrace:

We know what's up..

Abeg Close your mouth and face reality, stop killing yourself with conspiracy theories ... See your mouth like you know whats up... What do you know?... Mtcheeew

4 Likes

Re: by Minsk24: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bevista:

Chai, see human being reasoning

Re: by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
Minsk24:

Abeg Close your mouth and face reality, stop killing yourself with conspiracy theories ... See your mouth like you know whats up... What do you know?... Mtcheeew

Hey! Why the rage? Help yourself please..
Re: by Kenn55: 12:41am On Jul 23, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Nobody is going to make vaccination compulsory at least not in western societies. You can see how it is even hard to make mask compulsory in the west not to talk of compulsory vaccination. Not everyone take flu shots every year that kills thousands of people yearly and it was not made mandatory. The only places where vaccinations can be made compulsory are places like China, North Korea, middle east where leaders have absolute powers. People will go to court if they make vaccinations compulsory in the west.

In fact, there are more chances of vaccines made mandatory in Nigeria than in the west. If Buhari really wants to make vaccination compulsory today, who will stop him? The courts? he can decide not to obey court order citing national security and there is nothing you can do about it. If you protest, police will use you as a target practice.

When the vaccine comes out, it would have passed through all trial stages and confirmed to be okay for people. The stages of these trials are not secret, you can read about them. This is how all the vaccines today were created. The polio, tb etc vaccines children take today were created as a result of a pandemic decades ago

When it comes out, those who do not have problem taking flu vaccines every year will still take it and they are the majority. Once majority take it, it won't be a problem anymore as hospitals will not be overwhelmed which is the most important thing in a pandemic. The target will be for majority to take it as it happens during flu shots. Conspiracy theorists are just killing themselves for nothing, nobody send them sef but they don't even know grin

The conspiracy theorist who don't take it will go to the hospital normally when they fall ill like they would go if they have flu and also survive or die.

To me, i don't understand conspiracy theorists. If you or your children have taken any form of vaccine before, then i don't understand the big deal about vaccines. But if they have any other way of making the society return to normal, they are free to do it yet they won't provide any solution but are always looking at who wants to kill them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocating From UK To Canada / Ukraine Joining The Eu! / Pls Is Naija Visa Free To Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.