Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ (64111 Views)

How A Free Video I Saw Online During My Nysc Changed My Life / April Clearance Changed To Covid-19 / Nysc Clearance Changed From Present To Covid 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Kennyfancy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
People they talk, benue man still they talk

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ategberoson:

but you people are developer? was Aba colonized by alimajiri to be excluded out of your development

Igbo is in sorry case, except Nnewi in Anambra that's business hub, all the rest of East are boring to thrive in business and others

I'm not here to brag but Yoruba is not in you people's level. you brag to be the richest but yet you're still not in the same class with Yoruba in Africa ranking

Igbo respect Yorubas a lot in Igbo land, Yorubas that served or serving there can attest to that grin

We are saying same thing...Your submission is totally alien to an igbo man worldwide..

If yorubas are on same level with Igbos, your father's in ladipo won't be calling on obasanjo, jagaban of yoruba universe to help them fight igbos...or telling buhari that they have supported APC well so he should help them..

Shoe get sizes, actions speaks better that old men ranting on flip tv...

7 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by kolade560: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
Same with me, I served in Anambra East, Igbariam, they are good people.
My greatest helper in life for now is Igbo.
Not good to conclude afar about some tribe as IPOB do here about Yoruba wen some have not even left their villages.
if Yoruba's are bad ,why are ur people prospering in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Chuksmonika(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
NYSC indeed is a good scheme, I enjoyed my service in Edo state, precisely in Sabongidda ora, owan West LGA of Edo state.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by 1972xy: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ctorch:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-changed-my-perception-of-igbos/
My dear . you are lucky to have served in Anambra state where canibalism is no longer tolerated.
Places like Obi Ngwa, isiala ngwa, umuokoro ngwa, Arochukwu, and some part of ohafia like Abriba. My dear run 4/40. Human na pepper soup.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by grandstar(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tranquillity360:
What would we gain if they marry an Igbo girl.

Many old Igbo girls are out there unmarried. They'll be off the market if other tribes approached them for marriage.

Also, many Igbo men marry late. That doesn't mean the women must marry late.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
It's weird to me that a Benue guy who studied in Kaduna, the most violent state in Nigeria outside Borno and Nigeria's capital of sectarian conflict, was afraid to go to the SE, arguably the most peaceful region in the country. What kind of ignorance to do you have to harbour to come to arrive at such a perception?

8 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by grandstar(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
Noneroone:
i beg your pardon.
marry Igbo? to whose favour?

People are privileged to marry from igboland not the other way. Igbo's need no validity from people, their uniqueness is self evident.

No privilege my friend. Many Igbo girls bugged me for marriage. No different from other tribes.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
heendrix:
That's for you dude

But as for me and myself I'll rather pick to serve 2years in Yobe and Gombe over 6month service in any southeastern state

imagine getting to Live/stay in a state that it's occupants are 95% Igbos. that having the 5% here sef we we're tayad already sad

Lol.

My brother I think Igbos are very opinionated, especially online.

And I agree, we do seem to have some of the most opinionated, loud-mouthed and "chest-beating" ones here on Nairaland.

But in real-life we are very welcoming.

The two best teachers I had in my adult life were both Yorubas.

One taught us Physics and the other, English.

They were both "corpers" that refused to go back after their service-year.

Fond memories...

The English teacher, Mr Bayo, after making a new point, would ask the whole class, "Abi bee ko?" ("Do you understand?" - I believe)

And an army of excited students will chorus, "Benii"

Sure I murdered the spellings...

This was in Abia State, btw.

The guy that almost taught me how to play the piano (home lessons) was also Yoruba.

I believed he served and didn't go back as well.

So please don't mind the loud-mouthed "flat-heads" and "children-of-hate" that have given you a bad impression.

Both terms crack me up, btw.

I'm certain you'll get a VIP welcome if you visit.

And on a much lighter note...please don't visit Isiala Ngwa first.

We have a popular joke that when one visits, they mutter under their breath, "Meat welcome..." grin

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by jagorinho: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

We are saying same thing...Your submission is totally alien to an igbo man worldwide..

If yorubas are on same level with Igbos, your father's in ladipo won't be calling on obasanjo, jagaban of yoruba universe to help them fight igbos...or telling buhari that they have supported APC well so he should help them..

Shoe get sizes, actions speaks better that old men ranting on flip tv...

when a man keep reminding himself at every available opportunity how great he is, he might not be great in the first place. I am sure if the corper said he escaped being eaten alive by the savages in Ngwa ,you won't come online beating your dry hairy chest.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Noneroone(m): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
grandstar:

No privilege my friend. Many Igbo girls bugged me for marriage. No different from other tribes.
ouch! I thought you were Igbo. In that case it's up to you to feel funky.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by oluwaahmed: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
This one don chop Abacha from one fine, sexy fair igbo girl. I pray say him go back. Once u vo igbo, u can't go back. #askdavido
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by deavicky(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..
I don't know why there is always one pain or the other in u people's mind. They speak good, it's a problem they speak bad it also a problem. What do u people want?.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by kolade560: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Problem is oil soup ppl.
They hardly travel but always churn out their imaginations as truth.
Whenever I hear them echo these fallacies I just smile cos I know oil soup ppl hardly reach nearby Benin

same with u people. I tell people I cannot swallow d historical fallacies I meet hook and line about any tribe.once I meet u and u reasonable we are good to go.
if u claim u are educated and still think within the confinement of tribalism, then your education is useless.
forget about argument on nairaland, the truth is everywhere u go u meet bad and good people.
My greatest benefactor in life is Igbo, my best friend is Igbo, the person I trust most is Igbo.
so what's d battering about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by omooba969(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
Majikmoment:
Best thing is for every graduate to serve in his/her state.
By the way...Enugu is one of the most peaceful place in the east. They don’t kill strangers.

Thank you

Is there any SE state where the indigenes kill strangers? undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by jagorinho: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
deavicky:
I don't know why there is always one pain or the other in u people's mind. They speak good, it's a problem they speak bad it also a problem. What do u people want?.
They are frustrated set of people, we are in for a long thing with them, they can't get Biafra, they can't get Presidency, they are still hurt about civil war, they have enough reasons to be frustrated but they are picking on the wrong enemy.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
Obi1kenobi:
It's weird to me that a Benue guy who studied in Kaduna, the most violent state in Nigeria outside Borno and Nigeria's capital of sectarian conflict, was afraid to go to the SE, arguably the most peaceful region in the country. What kind of ignorance to do you have to harbour to come to arrive at such a perception?

It's not ignorance, in the real sense...

Imagine being from Yoruba-land and the only experience you've had of Igbos is here on Nairaland.

Couple of months ago, some guy started a thread with pictures of buildings in his village.

Before you knew it, some other stupid fellow dragged Yorubas into it, that they have brown roofs.

Who asked him?

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Theevilone(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
Welcome bro , seeing they say is believing.

I always wonder if it is same anambra or igbos I know that people call all those names.
My yoruba friend in lag here Olajumoke also had this mind set, igbos this igbos but after her service she now has different opinion , she now understand that igbos are lovely.

In awka there a lot of Hausas and yorubas who love the state so much that they even do the imoka festival with the indigenes.

In my school then federal science and technical college Awka we have a lot of other tribes in my school and u will find out that the igbo student seem to love those other tribes more than self, special treatment from senior students to the kitchen department, from kitchen to classrooms and to the school admin , they have there mosque in the school and cos of them school dismisses by 1pm to enable them pray in the mosque .
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by heendrix(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
Virginkpekus:

If you like serve in Bornu for 5 years, of what value are you to Igbos? Who know you? Who you epp?

atleast person sabi weytin fit happen for Borno no be one yeast wey I go go now person go con kee me on top say I dress well abi rob n kidnap me at the same time

as if tha wee nur be enough i'll still get to see a whole number of yam legged girls with beards n hair everywia. yucks
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by ogbuefi677(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
kolade560:

same with u people. I tell people I cannot swallow d historical fallacies I meet hook and line about any tribe.once I meet u and u reasonable we are good to go.
if u claim u are educated and still think within the confinement of tribalism, then your education is useless.
forget about argument on nairaland, the truth is everywhere u go u meet bad and good people.
My greatest benefactor in life is Igbo, my best friend is Igbo, the person I trust most is Igbo.
so what's d battering about.
Tell your brothers here to behave themselves.
Igbos and Yorubas do not need to struggle over anything, both have a lot going for each other.
But observe something from today,call out Buhari for any of his many glaring incompetence,99% of the time, it is a yoruba man that'll answer you and with insults too.
THAT IS THE ROOT OF THE IGBO VS YORUBA ANIMOSITY HERE.
Have a nice day ahead,you sound like a gentlemen,off nairaland, I'm a gentleman too grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
GOFRONT:
Kopa....Kopa...How many times I call you??

Just talk say you don chop Nkechi or Chidera and the sweetness of her puna has changed your perception of igbos....

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by CandyCandy(f): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
obstead200:
get a relative to dash u 5k. Start roasting corn on Ur street. Within a week, u will make about 15k.

Thank you for the advice. Actually thought of that.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by spiralwedge(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
heendrix:
That's for you dude

But as for me and myself I'll rather pick to serve 2years in Yobe and Gombe over 6month service in any southeastern state

imagine getting to Live/stay in a state that it's occupants are 95% Igbos. that having the 5% here sef we we're tayad already sad

grin grin grin grin

This cracked me up real crazy
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Chuksmonika(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
1972xy:
My dear . you are lucky to have served in Anambra state where canibalism is no longer tolerated.
Places like Obi Ngwa, isiala ngwa, umuokoro ngwa, Arochukwu, and some part of ohafia like Abriba. My dear run 4/40. Human na pepper soup.
chai, see as my man just dey cast my own Abia state, it's well Sha.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by omooba969(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
tutormichael20:
Igbos are nice and lovely people.please help me,am starving.am a private school teacher.my family is starving... 021887 65 62 gtb

I'm sure the Igboz are seeing your post.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by dr4dre: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
It work for you there doesn't mean it will work for another.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by omooba969(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
duchessvikki0:
Igbos are naturally nice people, so are other tribes. Bad people are in every tribe but we shouldn't allow the evil doings of one person to make us generally a despise tribe.

When you meet a nice igbo, you have met an angel.

You can take this to the bank. smiley

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Tranquillity360: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
kolade560:
Same with me, I served in Anambra East, Igbariam, they are good people.
My greatest helper in life for now is Igbo.
Not good to conclude afar about some tribe as IPOB do here about Yoruba wen some have not even left their villages.
if Yoruba's are bad ,why are ur people prospering in Lagos?
Marry Igbo girl is your gain not ours.

I don't even support all this Intermarrying.

Marry from your tribe because i can never marry from yours.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nchenches: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
Every ugly perception of the Igbo people by rest of Nigeria is rooted on crude oil in the Niger Delta; because of the false belief that Biafra is about Igbo shall go away from Nigeria taking away crude oil proceeds with oil producing areas in Biafra.

Some Nigerians don’t understand that crude oil is not all there is for a country to survive.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Apawicked: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
Shove that your stupid perception up your ass. Someone from Benue having perceptions about Ndi Igbo? no insult weh person no go see because of one Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by LadySarah: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
snoopylinus:
Since I left Lagos for owerri!!to go back Lagos dey fear me

May I know why?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by AregbeFufu: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
deavicky:
We want you people to shut up and keep your opinions to yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC: Meet ABU, The Shortest NYSC Corp Member Ever / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.