Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ (64107 Views)

How A Free Video I Saw Online During My Nysc Changed My Life / April Clearance Changed To Covid-19 / Nysc Clearance Changed From Present To Covid 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by SlayerForever: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..

No mind the fool and him ilk. As if we're owing them anything. Useless people.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Theevilone(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Majikmoment:
Best thing is for every graduate to serve in his/her state.
By the way...Enugu is one of the most peaceful place in the east. They don’t kill strangers.

Thank you

No state at all in east does that .

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Sniper101(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
OP

Your experience in the East was a beautiful one. No doubt.
it's the East afterall ...not North

Some of us, if we are to be deployed to any Northern part of Nigeria, we'll seek for redeployment ASAP

...the middle belt is probably even more manageable than the core North which happens to be the "most dangerous" places to be in in Nigeria.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nchenches: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ctorch:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-changed-my-perception-of-igbos/

If after graduation from the university a Benue man still had a bad perception of the Igbo, Nigeria has a long way to go before a united country comes off it.

Don’t blame the IPOB people asking for restoration of Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Salvofthesouth(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
plessis:

Your mothers and sisters who are in the southeast selling agbo and other herbs, are treated nicely here. We don't spend a single second yelling at visitors that this is our land.

why do you choose to waste your time on this lots. It's a waste of time. Rich people independent of tribe and religion do businesses and build houses in the East. I think when you feel intimidated you spew hate because you're scared of success because you can never succeed where an Igbo man exists? Quite feeling intimidated, go out there and hustle and stop making excuses for your failures, you owe it to your immediate family and society, it's only a money play and Yoruba are scared?����.. To make this money you need get mind o, Yoruba people una too dey fear and insecure, Igbos no even send una, just come and make money and stay or go, the choice is yours!

4 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by skybeauty(f): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
lucasalves:
ok.... good... I served in Enugu and it was hell. first is the fact that to come by water to shower alone is a miracle, when you do get it you are supplied with a water that will cause all kind of skin infections for you.... my first time in the city after camp, as a sharp street boy I decided not to wear my khaki so as to avoid been exploited by motorist and such because they will definitely know I was a JJC, I dressed normal but as soon as the bike people noticed I was not igbo, you should see how they start billing me 500# for a ride that cost 50#, I stood by the road side like wtf I can see the ShopRite I was heading to why are they charging such outrageous amounts? until I worked into the interstate bus terminal and was lucky to meet a SS brother who directed me and waved down a bike for me... I won't buy bottled water on their streets either as we all discovered in camp they are not produced by any recognized company but by some individuals refilling bottles with water from unknown sources. The trick to know this is that the refilled water will be full to the bottle cap unlike the original produced by EVA. Trust in this country is a rare commodity but around here it's even more rare. I can't stress how much of a difficulty water is here, even their ShopRite restrooms have no water most of the time

Oga u are a pathological and unrepentant liar...

Firstly, d only shoprite in Enugu which u talked about is in d capital city and bike/okada was banned in d said capital city even before ShopRite started operating in Enugu

U are just a hateful being and if u continue like this trust me good things will be far from u

7 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Apawicked: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Someone from Benue that has same boundary with Enugu for thousands of years having perception about Igboland? Stupid graduate

8 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Lovelyn451(f): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hmm...no Benue man born and living in Benue will have this perception abt Igbo's, he must be a Lagos yoruba Benue...see obollo afor nsukka see otukpo benue, they even intermarry, have same character with your people yet u don't know them...hmmm

6 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Mraphel: 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
plessis:

Your mothers and sisters who are in the southeast selling agbo and other herbs, are treated nicely here. We don't spend a single second yelling at visitors that this is our land.
You're a joker
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Firespitter: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
ican2020:
Igbos are good

Imagine saying Englishs are good!

Make una dey reason naa
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nchenches: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

Who your perception epp?

Ha ha ha.

Igbo lacks nothing.

Perception kwa. Who epp perception...?

Gambari has been clubbing some people down.

The populations of groups in the north being clubbed down by Gambari are more than the population of some countries in the UN, but these northern groups would never ask for independent country to save themselves from Gambari.

Crude Oyeeeel.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Queenoffucks(f): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Who your perception epp?

Done vomiting trash? I'm not gone fvck you anyways?

Quenoffvcks

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Betterhandwork(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2020

The Lord will deliver all of you doing tribalism in this forum.

Don't just sit at home for nothing,try and learn a skills today.you can start with Satellite dish installation, the training is an online version which you can learn at the comfort of your home.the training will open your eye to the abundant of Satellite tv you can watch without paying a dime.this training is strictly for professionals, people that want to become expert in Satellite dish/tv installation,the practical aspect as already been covered in our training videos.register today and begin your training immediately.
you can visit this nairaland thread below to read more about the training program

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by einsteino(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
I'm deltan, I had my first degree in UNN and served in Ibadan. When I chose to school in UNN, many folks kicked against it. I heard so much nonsense about Igbos that 5 years of schooling in UNN made me realize was either false or over-exaggerated. When I got posted to Ibadan, several people discouraged me saying yorubas are this and that. So, I wasn't keen on staying but thankfully I stayed. During my service year, I realized how lovely the people and place is. I went on to visit Ibadan at least twice after service. Today, majority of my friends are either Igbo or Yoruba and I try to identify with both cultures and languages.

What I have learnt is that people take their few sad experiences and make it the story of an entire tribe or place. This causes unnecessary paranoia and mistrust, especially to those who are yet to leave their bubble. Today, I live in the diaspora and have met people from all corners of the earth. In my experience, the more you explore the world, the more you realise that people are more the same than different. There isn't really much difference between people, there are only just a couple peculiarities and distinction. We pretty much have the same fears and are all trying to survive. It is sad that people on Nairaland promote tribalism and hate.

5 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Ojiofor: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
RichBoy247:

Still better than better than my papa house

He don confess already,your testimony is not needed.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Heineken(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
I'm yoruba and I grew up with igbo people in Lagos. Even during my nysc my two best guys then chukwuma and ifeanyi na correct guys.. Igbo be better people and they no get problem at all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Enemyofpeace: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
Vickyrotex is Igbo from arochukwu local government of Anambra state. She is fokn stingy!

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by AustineJohn908(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
CandyCandy:
OK. We are all good people/tribe in Nigeria exception of some bad eggs which comes in individual form, not a whole tribe or people.

Please,

Greetings to you all, please I'm doing this at this point because I'm already dying as I can't handle it again strongly believing some help come my way. I'm a widow with 4 children and with aged mother under my care. First, I'm not claiming to be a teacher because teachers seem to be most vulnerable at the moment when I am not. I'm actually a teacher in a private school (I have every proof you may want). If I am lying or doing this to scam, judgment will be upon me. Like I said, I am doing this because it has gone beyond my control at this point. The family is solely taken care of by salaries earned from the teaching practice and that happened last in the month of February. Right now, we are in a very pitiable situation with nothing to call our next meal again. Please help us with any little amount you can. Not like you are owing us anything but please have mercy on us. Consider my situation please. Let's not die of starvation please. I believe God will see us through these challenges. Thank you very much.

30 539 775 83 - First Bank
Keep your faith Ma, you will get help here. if I do have I will also send something
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by lucasalves: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
skybeauty:

Oga u are a pathological and unrepentant liar...

Firstly, d only shoprite in Enugu which u talked about is in d capital city and bike/okada was banned in d said capital city even before ShopRite started operating in Enugu

U are just a hateful being and if u continue like this trust me good things will be far from u

my brother thx for the apt correction I was referring to the tricycle... sorry if there was any mix up, I tend to refer to "maruwa" as bikes sometimes. just like I catch myself in the middle of sentences saying ATM machine. but pls try to prove any other part of my comment false... and pls just know I made a comment based on my experience in the city ... if you curse me trust me you and your family go carry am. I don't know about your home training but I was taught to engage people in civil discussion without being disrespectful or abusive towards them (but I guess we can't all have the same values).. other than that I wish you peace... pls I will be waiting for you to deny the water problem in the region and how even you as a resident of the city dare not buy water from hawkers. I don't see how my experience translates into being hateful?? I brought the issue of the tricycle up because it's a funny one as there were people on board and they just watched the drivers trying to exploit me without stepping in and calling it out as something that is inappropriate

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by God1stson(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ctorch:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-changed-my-perception-of-igbos/
I keep hammering on it. Most young people and some old ones in this forum have a narrow world view. That's one thing I thank UNN for, they taught me Humanites in GS studies to have a larger world view on issues. Such studies makes u a liberal thinker and an objective analyst. The Igbo set up is an ergariterian one, once there is justice, equity and a level playing ground, no true Igbo man/woman will feel threatened and neither will he threaten another.

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by kolade560: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Marry Igbo girl is your gain not ours.

I don't even support all this Intermarrying.

Marry from your tribe because i can never marry from yours.

You think like someone DAT went to school but learnt nothing.
How does tribe affect marriage?
how does tribe dictate evil man or woman?
haven't u seen ppl marrying different tribe and doing well and intratribe marriage collapsing?
have I even sed I wanna marry Igbo or Yoruba?
be guided, this is y I label some of u as IPOB cos of d way u think

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by lucasalves: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Heineken:
I'm yoruba and I grew up with igbo people in Lagos. Even during my nysc my two best guys then chukwuma and ifeanyi na correct guys.. Igbo be better people and they no get problem at all...

you can't generalise... there are good and bad Yorubas same as there are good and bad igbos but the response from some people who claim to be Igbo to a post where a young man expressed his positive opinion of a tribe he is not familiar with is just disappointing.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Tranquillity360: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
kolade560:

You think like someone DAT went to school but learnt nothing.
How does tribe affect marriage?
how does tribe dictate evil man or woman?
haven't u seen ppl marrying different tribe and doing well and intratribe marriage collapsing?
have I even sed I wanna marry Igbo or Yoruba?
be guided, this is y I label some of u as IPOB cos of d way u think
First Ipob reasons better than a typical one niger arean.

If you get brain,you would have read the comment i quoted,then you will see the reason i replied him that way.

I can never marry from your tribe.is my decision

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Kennyswag: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Whatever .. i won't go there for even a million dollars grin grin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by NafeesaAA(f): 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hedonisco:
There's really no 'real' tribal hostility in the South and between the constituent parts of the South. Walahi. Forget the fake tribalism on Nairaland or twitter. Asides the equal opportunity criminality that comes with time and chance, and can happen to anyone anywhere, there's nothing fundamentally dangerous for any Igbo person in Ekiti or any Yoruba person in Enugu.. Or any mix in between Asaba, Benin, Calabar, Ibadan, Awka and Port Harcourt.

The only real threat of an ethnic coloration there has ever been and will continue to be is in the core abokki North. Whether your name is Emeka, Tunde, Efosa, or Akpan, if dem born you well, go and serve or settle in Maiduguri or Kano or Katsina.. And come back to tell us about your experience.

I have always canvassed for the Republic of Southern Nigeria, shorn of the abokki savages and parasites. That's the only practicable way forward. Unless you're ready to divide Nigeria into 200 countries.

A typical Nnamdiot Cownu discipline.
Shege Dan Banzar Iyammiri

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Shormiey(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nigerianization:
Why hide your face when we can see it from your kpali
That's dumb move from him......
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Arrahman39: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
I served at Imo state and I enjoyed my stay with Imbise people... all thanks to imbeserian ...
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
flyingpig:
you think say na by good English? grin Come under me let me teach you how to make a good troll. It's not easy having 124mentions between my last post at night and when i logged in at dawn. cool

I bet I've given you your all-time high peak of five mentions per day. grin
bro I just finished reading your library and I must realm say;I feel sorry for you........but are you sure you have interest for pharmacy?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by flyingpig: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
bro I just finished reading your library and I must realm say;I feel sorry for you........but are you sure you have interest for pharmacy?
why do you ask?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BigDick70inch(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
lucasalves:

my brother thx for the apt correction I was referring to the tricycle... sorry if there was any mix up, I tend to refer to "maruwa" as bikes sometimes. just like I catch myself in the middle of sentences saying ATM machine. but pls try to prove any other part of my comment false... and pls just know I made a comment based on my experience in the city ... if you curse me trust me you and your family go carry am. I don't know about your home training but I was taught to engage people in civil discussion without being disrespectful or abusive towards them (but I guess we can't all have the same values).. other than that I wish you peace... pls I will be waiting for you to deny the water problem in the region and how even you as a resident of the city dare not buy water from hawkers. I don't see how my experience translates into being hateful?? I brought the issue of the tricycle up because it's a funny one as there were people on board and they just watched the drivers trying to exploit me without stepping in and calling it out as something that is inappropriate

I dey even envy u wey served for enugu city sef...
I got posted to one local village in awgu with primitive people all around..
They even discriminate themselves let alone strangers

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by LadySarah: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
1972xy:
My dear . you are lucky to have served in Anambra state where canibalism is no longer tolerated.
Places like Obi Ngwa, isiala ngwa, umuokoro ngwa, Arochukwu, and some part of ohafia like Abriba. My dear run 4/40. Human na pepper soup.

Mechie onu!
I'm sure it's your ghost talking cos you couldn't have come out alive from there.

You should be ashamed of your education!

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by abdulkayus(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sniper101:
OP

Your experience in the East was a beautiful one. No doubt.
it's the East afterall ...not North

Some of us, if we are to be deployed to any Northern part of Nigeria, we'll seek for redeployment ASAP

...the middle belt is probably even more manageable than the core North which happens to be the "most dangerous" places to be in in Nigeria.

The same perception OP has about the SE is the same u have wit the north. It is called danger of a single story. I know many of ur folks who came to do their NYSC here in the north and refuse to go back. They really enjoy their staying and are even having family here. FYI, there are many states here in the north that are far more peaceful than many states in South East. U may be surprise if I tell u this, but my first time of hearing gun shot was in Anambra state but that shouldn't make me write the state off as a violent state.
Borno was very very peaceful before the advent of this BH issue, and no religion crises despite that it is a state with multiple religions. Lot of Igbos are still there and can attest to the peace of the state devoid of this BH which I hope it will soon be over with time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC: Meet ABU, The Shortest NYSC Corp Member Ever / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.