Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon (58429 Views)

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon / See The Big Monitor Lizard I Caught At My Backyard This Evening (pictures) / Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by SoccerUSA(m): 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
DICKstractor:
This is not reaching Frontpage my friend. Bbnaija owns front page
You can say that again
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Dearlord(m): 12:02am On Jul 26, 2020
The reason I love reptiles such as lizard and frogs is because of its medicinal value.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Mindclinic: 12:09am On Jul 26, 2020
Na wa ooooo, hunger can make one to see evil spirits as meat.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:14am On Jul 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
List of things i'll never eat.

1. Snail
2. Snake
3. Lizard (any kind)
4. Apu (igbo food)
5. Dog
6. Crabs
7. Any non conventional meal.

Crabs are nice and tasty. Dog meat, too.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:18am On Jul 26, 2020
OP, you must be a very hungry young lad. Have the edible meats in the markets exhausted themselves or suddenly vanquished for you to settle for this freak of nature?

Anyways, I do hope you ate it for "eating's sake" and not "hunger strike". It's cringe-worthy to think of what " hunger strike" can do. You will be fine.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Franking: 12:19am On Jul 26, 2020
Yuck! These oafs will.eat anything.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by SirMichael1: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Crabs are nice and tasty. Dog meat, too.
Lol. I eat only beef, chicken, goat and fish (selective about this). Any other thing, i wouldn't want to taste. I'll love to try rabbit though cause they look cute while alive, i imagine they'll feel better in the tummy.

The day i saw how a dog was being killed for consumption, how they hanged the dog and chocked life out of it, i knew instantly that i am never going to partake in the practice of eating it. I heard it's good and that pork is too but let's leave it there.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Guestlander: 12:36am On Jul 26, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Yuk!

You can as well assume you are eating agama lizard

Hehehe grin
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:50am On Jul 26, 2020
Dats messed up
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 26, 2020
Sufferhead.

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by judedwriter(m): 1:51am On Jul 26, 2020
extol1:
oh God! if we finish eating every animals in Nigeria, I wonder what we shall tell the unborn generation

That they tasted great grin lol

but seriously, we need to learn how to preserve some rare species of animals in our community.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Goalnaldo(m): 1:53am On Jul 26, 2020
I remember the first time I saw this reptile. We were writing WAEC exam in Onitsha in 2011, suddenly it appeared on the roof, the roof wasn't sealed. Naso we wey be strangers begin fear o. Things got shittier when it came directly above where I was sitting. We scampered for safety. The indigenes were just calm and laughing at us.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by bigcasava1(m): 2:04am On Jul 26, 2020
Lawdis:
If you need more just go to Atani in Ogbaru L.G.A of Anambra state and you will see them boqu boqu in larger size

grin grin
what am I waiting for? After all is my state
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I remember the first time I saw this reptile. We were writing WAEC exam in Onitsha in 2011, suddenly it appeared on the roof, the roof wasn't sealed. Naso we wey be strangers begin fear o. The indigenes were just calm and laughing at us.

How old are you?
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:06am On Jul 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Lol. I eat only beef, chicken, goat and fish (selective about this). Any other thing, i wouldn't want to taste. I'll love to try rabbit though cause they look cute while alive, i imagine they'll feel better in the tummy.

The day i saw how a dog was being killed for consumption, how they hanged the dog and chocked life out of it, i knew instantly that i am never going to partake in the practice of eating it. I heard it's good and that pork is too but let's leave it there.

Accuser of the Brethren.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by BrightAhiah(m): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

That is not food biko. Attached is food...

If you are my guy, you won’t kiss me with that mouth you used to eat a (premature) reptile. Nonsense! angry
If you were ma babe and you prepare those meals yourself and even more unseen meals, I swear that you will NEVER know heartbreak in your remaining lifetime on Earth
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by SoftWerkLife: 4:45am On Jul 26, 2020
Chai this op sef. Monitor lizard!!! Not even alligator. Hey Gawwd!! Abeg no go chpp wall gecko one day o. Which kayn wahala be this.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by zedegit: 5:11am On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

That is not food biko. Attached is food...

If you are my guy, you won’t kiss me with that mouth you used to eat a (premature) reptile. Nonsense! angry

Chai. Poco my crush. I did not follow him and eat o. Na only look I look. Oya muah muah?

kiss
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Enyimbamercedes: 5:20am On Jul 26, 2020
Monitor lizard or wall gecko?
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by 10kgod(m): 5:24am On Jul 26, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients .
We are available now. osogbo people
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Sleekfingers: 5:35am On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Christ. This is disgusting.

It is this kind of yeye chop anyhow that put the world into problem via China. The only difference between you and Chinese people is they eat their rubbish raw while you cook yours. You people have made your stomachs your god.

so the chinese dey eat food raw? When some nigerians go grow up. In this 21st century....do u know that their food is among the best in the world. As a matter of fact , their foods na 100%.........i eat their foods and prepare virtually every weekends.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Sleekfingers: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2020
MorataFC:
Thousands upon thousands of cow is being killed daily in Nigeria, you should ask yourself how come that one never finish.

how cattles go finish? Who dey rear monitor lizard for commercial consumption?
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Sleekfingers: 5:52am On Jul 26, 2020
temptnow:
What is wrong with us in Africa

so na only africa dey eat such abi? Go to south america , asia , u self no go talk like dis......
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Sleekfingers: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2020
starbuck:
Jokes apart, I just puked upon seeing this embarassed embarassed..

God, this is disgusting

eating chickens and turkey is disgusting..........pls u should try frog kebab pls....the taste is outta this world
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Sleekfingers: 6:02am On Jul 26, 2020
AnanseK:

Nothing “monitor”about this. You are just eating a lizard. Nauseating stuff undecided

whats wrong about eating a lizard? So eating chicken and cows is good abi?
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Adewale1603(m): 6:15am On Jul 26, 2020
Remove the monitor, it remain only lizard. Its lizard you are eating
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Chinoval: 6:25am On Jul 26, 2020
mperornero:
"Anwu "
dalu
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by sulaak(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2020
Soon, they will be eating human.
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by zudozz: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2020
people dey chop nonsense for this life..Walahi
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Goalnaldo(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
List of things i'll never eat.

1. Snail
2. Snake
3. Lizard (any kind)
4. Apu (igbo food)
5. Dog
6. Crabs
7. Any non conventional meal.
yesterday I wanted to eat snake meat for the first time with a guy in his aunt's house. We didn't go again because he was very tired after returning from a burial ceremony he went smiley
Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Lawdis(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2020
Chinoval:
You are right.l have been there.,I think it's called 'Ngwerre ahu'

yeah or "nne muru okwa" by the indigenes

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2020
This lizard grows up to 3 feet, next time catch the adult and leave the babies alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspect Paraded With Dead Poultry Meat He Picks From River To Sell In Maiduguri / Millions Of Sardines Washed Up On The Sea Shores In The Philippines (Video) / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.