Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings (633 Views)

Osun Lotto Operator Commits Suicide Over Debts / Lottery Operator Commits Suicide / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by rannyw: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2020
A lottery shop operator, identified simply as Baba Pool, on Thursday committed suicide over his alleged failure to pay some of his customers their winnings.

It was gathered that the deceased hanged himself inside his shop in Kayode Market, Abule Ijesha, in the Sabo area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased, in a suicide note, blamed two people for his death.

He wrote, “For your information, Bourney and Osuma. Two of them kill me. A killer must surely die.”

Our correspondent learnt that the deceased pasted the note at three strategic places in the market before he took his own life.

According to the Iyaloja of the market, Aderemi Thomas, the accused persons played lottery in the deceased’s shop, but after winning, they could not get their money.

She said, “I was called around 8am to come to the market because Baba Pool had committed suicide. I called the owner of the shop to join me in the market, but he said he was far away.

“When I got to the market, I was told what happened and not long after, the police came to interrogate us and we took them to the scene.

“I learnt that Bonny and Osuma came to play lottery in his shop, but he did not submit their tickets to the lottery office. So, when those people realised that they had won, they asked for their money. Instead of explaining to them that he did not submit their tickets, he committed suicide.”

The Babaloja of the market, Najimudeen Ajadi, said he was doing sanitation when someone notified him of the incident.

Our correspondent learnt that the matter was reported at the Sabo Police Station.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, who confirmed the incident, said the two accused persons had been arrested for questioning.

He said, “We received a report about a 70-year-old who committed suicide in the market. The man accused one 85-year-old man and another man. He left a note that those two people were responsible for his death; we want to look at the extent of their culpability. We have commenced investigation on the role they might have played and on why he accused them.”

https://punchng.com/lottery-operator-commits-suicide-over-winnings/

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Factfinder1(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2020
Things are really happening
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by GOFRONT(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2020
Yea!!......Something must kill a man..
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by MikeBetty(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2020
If What I Read Was True, Then The Pool Man Is Owing Them. Why Operating Pool Business When You Know That He Cannot Handle The Outcome? He Did Not Submit Their Paper And Did Not Refund Them Before Result Came Out.
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Juliusmomoh: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2020
Gambler with there wahala sef .....

1 Like

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by hisgrace090: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Gambling is never for gentle people.

Birds of same feather flocks together they say.
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by illicit(m): 10:46am On Jul 24, 2020
What nonsense
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by johnykgoal: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2020
The man don taya for life
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Gambler with there wahala sef .....

Must you appear in all the thread On Nairaland forum
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by onward4life(m): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:

Bruwari fingered in this.....
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Juliusmomoh: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:

It seems u don't knw me
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

It seems u don't knw me

I'm I a Ghost, that will know everyone
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Juliusmomoh: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:

I'm I a Ghost, that will know everyone
I wonder why some pipu will not mind there business here....... U nko must u appear on any thread on NL grin
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Exmilitant(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
I don't see any challenges however insurmountable, any ugly situation, any commission or omission of mine that will warrant me to kill myself.. May his troubled soul find solace wherever the dead goes.
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Gadaluck(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
2020 is just one hell of a yr. Ppl just dey fall up and down, left and right, everywhere. I weep for this yr o!
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by ghettokid1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Cc, Fergie001 Cc, perfecttouchade Coman see o
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by fergie001: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
This life sef.......

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings by Perfecttouchade: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
ghettokid1:
Cc, Fergie001
Cc, perfecttouchade
Coman see o
it's a serious something o...the man don think think so tey he decided to take his Life...things dey happen my brother, make God epp us.
No matter what anyone is facing, they should be ready to share with someone who will encourage them and give them hope not to do things to harm theirselves even when in a difficult situation

(1) (Reply)

Sars Harrasing A Colleague / This Is Moment Hoodlums Burning 2 Policemen In Ibadan, Using Their Meat To Dri / BREAKING: Hoodlums Burst Into Private Warehouse, Loot Electronics, Valuable Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.