Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Power Output Drops To 3,313mw - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Output Drops To 3,313mw (4385 Views)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Rhino5dm: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
[center][/center]
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by victorazy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
I heard that it will still drop 15.2mw before May.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
wonderful
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by ideylaff: 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
Power Output Drops To 3,313mw

Hmmmm, tongue Nor be coincidence be this oooo, RIGGING DON DEY START BE DAT, watch your finger prints as dey disappear for Biometrics Database, 9ija 9ija

He go soon drop to Zero, and den Result will be announced, [b]Awon Olosho Gbo Gbo, common pawa den no fit give poor people tongue
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by nvo5(f): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
you guys should stop fighting and face
the fact, will it be a crime IF we have
uninterrupted power supply?? PHCN
is taking us for a ride and IF the Presdent
doesn't take action this will continue.
someone has to be sacked for other to
take caution.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by omo9ja1(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
well what is the big deal GEJ was reading the figure he was given out, But to GEJ allow Niboro to do more of the talking smiley
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nsiman(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
quote from Mobinga today.
She's married to Becomrich, they currently live in Benin Republic
ms kobo na true?
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nsiman:

Is this the 1st time u are hearing that power out put has dropped? Bros wake up, this is dry season, the water level/speed has dropped so power out put must drop too. Amekop?
you are asking like an average nigerian buys newspaper or reads ,abeg no make me laugh
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by blacksta(m): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nsiman:

quote from Mobinga today.
She's married to Becomrich, they currently live in Benin Republic                                                
ms kobo na true?

ol boy  - no derail thread

U never address the matter wey dey ground  - abi oga Jonathan Odechukuw  never brief  you and all your NL padi yet

Just last week  Uncle GEj say 4000 MW dey phcn AND he went as far as saying 9 % economic growth was down to stable electricity

Ol boy since last week  - I never get light.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by cyril10(m): 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
I strongly believe that some people here only speak or type what they do not know about, all they are interested in is just to insult GEJ and nothing more.

What will be will be whether some people here likes it or not, we are never satisfied with anything in this country what a shame.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by jmoore(m): 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
Jonathan never lied about the 4,000 mega watts.

power can drop due to factors like shortage of gas, low water in dams e.t.c therefore this topic is not a suprise.

Even if 4,000 mega watts is steady, it does not meet the majority needs of Nigerians.

we can be comfortable when we can generate around 40,000 mega watts.

Jonathan have four more years when he leaves office we can then see how many mega watts he was able to generate for the country.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2011
jmoore:

power can drop due to factors like shortage of gas, low water in dams e.t.c therefore this topic is not a suprise.

Even if 4,000 mega watts is steady, it does not meet the majority needs of Nigerians.

Jonathan have four more years when he leaves office we can then see how many mega watts he was able to generate for the country.

Hear yourself out; I was saying of this same thing on our thread and Mr. Debosky claimed that Nigeria has about 40 trillion cubic of natural gas in reserve, so please tell me how there's supposed to be a shortage? Low water in dams can be compensated with clean fresh water from external sources I suppose. That isn't an excuse but ineffectiveness and laxity in the system. Please a drop of almost 10% is totally unacceptable at least not due to natural causes.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
jmoore:

Why not answer this particular issue rather than pushing answers that matter not.  WE KNOW that power shortage does happen every now and then but at the frequency it seems to happen with this administration? COME ON!!!  Just in December, people we were told the national average was 2900MW when it had been announced over and over that Nigeria was at 3800MW, and then back down, and then up again, and then back down . . . you get the point. Then last month we were told it had improved from december's level(it fell again in december), and we were at 3800MW, and then a slump happened, and only days ago we were told we may be at 4000MW(no one has verified that to this point), and now it has fallen again?? It is rational to ask what the heck is going on.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by yemmight(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
Later some people will come here to say power has improved in thier neighbourhood.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nsiman(m): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ cyril10 and jmoore, that is it. That is why i am tempted to call them motor park touts that don't even knw how to place a book when reading
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why not answer this particular issue rather than pushing answers that matter not.  WE KNOW that power shortage does happen every now and then but at the frequency it seems to happen with this administration? COME ON!!!  Just in December, people we were told the national average was 2900MW when it had been announced over and over that Nigeria was at 3800MW, and then back down, and then up again, and then back down . . . you get the point. Then last month we were told it had improved from december's level(it fell again in december), and we were at 3800MW, and then a slump happened, and only days ago we were told we may be at 4000MW(no one has verified that to this point), and now it has fallen again?? It is rational to ask what the heck is going on.

Ms. Kobo, whatever is going is Mr. President isn't totally honest with the country about the situation of power in Nigeria. Unless natural causes, I have never heard of fluctuations like this in double digits, it's totally ridiculous. Nigeria just doesn't want to fix her problems though my dear country has the necessary resource. Can you imagine with the help of community small hydro dams, that would boost electricity at least for a start.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by OvieE: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
Couple of weeks ago some m.o.r.o.n.s was so happy to see power improve in their area in a country call Nigeria. Now who is crying. Who ever think that Nigeria will get to five thousand WM one day should stop dreaming. It may happen one but not in your life time.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
can we have a corroboration from other media houses
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by spade: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
I'm really disappointed with Jonathan's numerous goofs of late. From the look of things, he's starting to appear more and more as a man with little to no substance, determination or seriousness.
And the petty, childish posts from his soulless and semi-educated cyberthugs on this thread are quite embarrassing, shameful and sad to say the least.

Now, I might just have to really rethink my choice of candidate, this April, as I deeply despise the insincere folk.

What a pity.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by nvo5(f): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nsiman:

Is this the 1st time u are hearing that power out put has dropped? Bros wake up, this is dry season, the water level/speed has dropped so power out put must drop too. Amekop?

I will take it that you have never seen and don't
know what a dam is! please do some research.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by jmoore(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
we know some news info are just trash. I wonder where this news came from and its authenticity

like I said before till we reach about 40,000 megawatts then vision 2020 is just an illusion.

Why Jonathan made the statement is because it  was the first time in 10 years we reached 4,000 mega watts.

In my area we do have lights right from obasanjo era till date at least 18-12 hours of light a day , I know some areas are not so lucky.

How long has Jonathan been the president? Give the man time!!! Power project is a long term project and I think States should be involved too.

If all 36 states including Abuja can produce 700 mega watts each, that will generate 25,900 mega watts.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by wesley80(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So where is the sense in what u've just said? How many times in the past 30 years has Ngr been able to produce up to 4,000MW? Recall Bola Ige lost his position at the ministry of Power after promising stable power thru attaining 4,000Mw but failed 2 do so at the end of the promised period and no govt. since then has been able to attain that number. So if the entire system is having difficulty coping with the present production level, why should that be impossible 4 u folks 2 believe?
  3,800Mw is probably nothing when compared to what we actually need to put steady light in our homes but by Nigerian standards, its some feat. So pls lets give the man some credit instead of celebrating every little setback and ignoring progress all in the name of some sick opposition.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by ideylaff: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
GEJ don dey play with una minds already, they need the lights off to Rig and Rig and Rig the Biometric results na naw, how u see am wink

Peen Dee Peeen, People Deceiving People naw its People Deceiving Mungussss
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
wesley80:

So where is the sense in what u've just said? How many times in the past 30 years has Ngr been able to produce up to 4,000MW? Recall Bola Ige lost his position at the ministry of Power after promising stable power thru attaining 4,000Mw but failed 2 do so at the end of the promised period and no govt. since then has been able to attain that number. So if the entire system is having difficulty coping with the present production level, why should that be impossible 4 u folks 2 believe?
  3,800Mw is probably nothing when compared to what we actually need to put steady light in our homes but by Nigerian standards, its some feat. So pls lets give the man some credit instead of celebrating every little setback and ignoring progress all in the name of some sick opposition.

@Wesley80, 4,000 MW and you want Nigerians to be proud because it was some feat that was achieved, right? Call it sick opposition, call it fierce whatever, the Nigerian people deserve better. I repeat AGAIN, Nigeria has the potential to get up to 10x that "4000MW was a feat to achieve" amount before their vision 2020 get there. Every state can contribute a huge substantial amount and with 36 states including the FCT, it can be achieved. Whoever the man you called lost his position was clearly because he probably did not know what he was doing in office. Nigeria needs competent hands and action minds that can get project done and in a TIMELY MANNER as well.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Bukittes(f): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
I am not surprised that there is a drop in outage, we are in dry seasons and we all know that the water level goes down. Jonathan has done better than most before him. Why cant we just give him credits for some lil achievements. He is not a perfect man and he's struggling to make right things that had been wrong for ages and within months we want miracles from him! haba make we relax now. I am sure the figures he read out initially was given to him by whoever and its possible someone is playing foul with him by given him wrong data. We are in a political arena my friends and anything is just possible meanwhile thats not a reason why he should not have confirmed his information before going on air!
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by wesley80(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
manny4life:

@Wesley80, 4,000 MW and you want Nigerians to be proud because it was some feat that was achieved, right? Call it sick opposition, call it fierce whatever, the Nigerian people deserve better. I repeat AGAIN, Nigeria has the potential to get up to 10x that "4000MW was a feat to achieve" amount before their vision 2020 get there. Every state can contribute a huge substantial amount and with 36 states including the FCT, it can be achieved. Whoever the man you called lost his position was clearly because he probably did not know what he was doing in office. Nigeria needs competent hands and action minds that can get project done and in a TIMELY MANNER as well.

Ngrns do not have to be proud over 3800Mw but the least we should do is acknowledge that progress is being made. OBJ had 8yrs, Yaradua 3 but still Ngr never attained 4,000Mw but now its fluctuating b/w 3,000 and 4,000Mw and we still have nothing but criticisms. The issue isnt Ngr's potential, we all know we arent even close to where we r supposed to be, but we r making progress bit by bit.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Beaf: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
"Power supply dropped, hurrah! Lets kill a cow and dance for joy!!!!"

Fools.

With threads like this, it is easy to conclude that some Nigerians just love sounding daft and are proud to display it by celebrating every little setback the country suffers.
They celebrate thinking they are hurting their "enemies," but keen observers notice that they really only have ill will toward the country and are upset that GEJ has made things better.

What more can one expect of vultures who think Nigerians are their carrion? Dudes, you have been defeated and buried.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by blacksta(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

"Power supply dropped, hurrah! Lets kill a cow and dance for joy!!!!"

Fools.

With threads like this, it is easy to conclude that some Nigerians just love sounding daft and are proud to display it by celebrating every little setback the country suffers.
They celebrate thinking they are hurting their "enemies," but keen observers notice that they really only have ill will toward the country and are upset that GEJ has made things better.

What more can one expect of vultures who think Nigerians are their carrion? Dudes, you have been defeated and buried.

lol

Top Oga don arrive

oya more insults to follow - They say empty barrels make the loudest noise
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Beaf: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
blacksta:

lol

Top Oga don arrive

oya more insults to follow - They say empty barrels make the loudest noise

. . .And no noise could be more thunderously loud than this stupeed thread. Some peeps need to be in IQ research labs where scientists can discover the reasons for their deafening volumes of foolishness.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by seanet02: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mr. Beaf, are you not ashamed of your odechukwu president who has no knowledge about Governance. The same man calling some people rascals can not make any improvement on power supply. Bravo!!
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by blacksta(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

. . .And no noise could be more thunderously loud than this stupeed thread. Some peeps need to be in IQ research labs where scientists can discover the reasons for their deafening volumes of foolishness.

As usual Odechukuw's brother - will dance around issues raised .

fact remains GEJ will thrash Yar adua terrible records " Lack lustre president - if we call Yar adua a snail - what shall we call GEJ"

One day the circle of un prepared presidents being imposed on Nigeria will end.

I pray it is sooner.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by johnjoel(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
YOU see propaganda presido.i think he attended a school of mendiacity.he is a king of mendiacity.he will never win.that is a promise.ask me that after april

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerian Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions / Make 400% Profit Importing From China With ¥¥¥ / Best Exchanger For Paypal, Payoneer, And Giftcards In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.