Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Power Output Drops To 3,313mw - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Output Drops To 3,313mw (4387 Views)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by yinka85: 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
This is the kind of thread that makes Beaffy so small and out of ideas for rebuttal that he only resorts to dishing out insults and making attemps to derail the thread from the issues in question.
You guys should just be patient,sooner or later he will mention Tinubu.

FYI:Beaffy,the topic is ¨Power Output Drops To 3,313mw¨ under the nose of your beloved GEJ, contrary to the figures circulated by him and his propaganda machine.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nsiman(m): 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ yinka85, this thread was initiated by a daft minded fellow that's why sm1 from phcn has xplain smthing here but his head is unable to accomodate it. I vex u? Sorry and kpele
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by blacksta(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nsiman:

@ yinka85, this thread was initiated by a daft minded fellow that's why sm1 from phcn has xplain smthing here but his head is unable to accomodate it. I vex u? Sorry and kpele

Odechuckw

Why insult . Sorry I know say it pain. Sycophant. Lol
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by dinggle: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
This is so insane!!! Our leaders r dummies they have their brains upside down! instead of harnessing the technology of the sun, we keep doing same thing!, I dont understand?? where there is a free technology that would not require gas and cant be disrupted, why we opt for the unsustainable and usual path even when countries in Europe and America with limited sun-light are moving toward clean green energy.
GEJ please make solar panels, deep cycle batteries and inverters duty free!!! this will be the first step in making the it affordable to Nigerians!!!
Fact!!! the Sun produces enough energy in a day to power a city in a year! Imagine if Nigerians can afford Solar panels, excess solar electricity can be channeled back to the power grid from individual homes, then PHCN pays for this channeled electricity. This takes off the pressure on the power grind. I hope Nigerians will also invest rightly!, Govt has failed us!, if u have a biz that require electricity pls start thinking solar!!!
We copy the wrong model from the advance countries e.g Lagos is increasing tax without jobs?? and now Fashola wants a band Tokunbo?? even countries who produce cars dont ban imported cars!!, Fashola shud knw dis is democracy he cant just come-out spilling poo wit out consulting the people. No country wud disrupt their economy or impoverish its people because of global warming. Fashola the best way to combact global warming is by going green! plant more trees encourage local farming to mop up the excess environmental gas. FYI tokunbo trailers and trucks emits more CO2 gas than cars, will u ban them as well?
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by wesley80(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^ Olodo its 'Ban' not 'band'. u wey your head no dey upside down! Wetin person no go hear 4 NL?
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
Lagos (WorldStage Newsonline)-- Power generation may have improved to 4,000 mega watt in Nigeria going by the latest posting in the facebook page of President Goodluck Jonathan.
President Jonathan who traveled from Ethiopia after the African Union meeting, to Turkey during the week wrote on his page that power generation had hit the new level on Tuesday. This was contrary to the earlier remark by officials which gave indication that power generation had improved to 3,800MW.

“We are making progress in the power sector and last Tuesday we hit 4,000MW, the first time in 10 years we've reached that level. But it's still not sufficient,” he wrote.

“While I don't want to set a benchmark, what I can say is that we'll insist on progress monthly. We are not where we need to be, but with the current investment in building the new Super Grid and new power stations we are definitely on the way there.”

Nigeria has been facing acute power shortage for many years, a development that made many industries to close shop.

Story by Ebenezer Ademola (ebeademola@gmail.com)

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1925&active=news

the fecking height of incompetence

small wonder the mans manifesto had no commitments
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by 1025: 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
what we see is jacob's hand but isau's voice. obasanjo talks through GEJ.
the best way for jonathan to prove that he is a man to unite nigeria and nigerians will be by having a name that covers the major ethnic groups in nigeria like - Goodluck olusegun ibrahim azikiwe jonathan.
well, not ready to join issues with anyone here so i just want to ask; DID THE POWER DROP OR NOT?
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by mrofficial(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
Hehehe, this GEJ will never stop to disgrace his supporters and making them look stup[i]i[/i]d.

I'm laughing ooo.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by blacksta(m): 12:16am On Feb 10, 2011
mr.official:

Hehehe, this GEJ will never stop to disgrace his supporters and making them look stup[i]i[/i]d.

I'm laughing ooo.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is what you get when a clown stumbles into the most important position in the country - Real badluck
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Feb 10, 2011
manny4life:

Ms. Kobo, whatever is going is Mr. President isn't totally honest with the country about the situation of power in Nigeria. Unless natural causes, I have never heard of fluctuations like this in double digits, it's totally ridiculous. Nigeria just doesn't want to fix her problems though my dear country has the necessary resource. Can you imagine with the help of community small hydro dams, that would boost electricity at least for a start.

Exactly!!! Over the past hear, it is has been Up 2, down 2 movement EVERY SINGLE MONTH. I remember reading sometime back in May that we were at 3600MW, shortly after that, I read that we were back down to about 2300MW. How?? From July, I believe the pattern became way too erratic for my liking, and got me wondering what in fact was going on.

Only last week, we got claims of ALMOST 4000MW, and a week before then, we were made to celebrate an extra 180MW or so added. Now, we are back down more than 300MW . COME ON!!!
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by BluStreak(m): 6:15am On Feb 10, 2011
Well, to every his opinion. But one thing I want all to understand is that Nigeria is a very complex country to govern. Haven't you guys noticed how GEJ has aged rapidly since he took over the mantle of leadership of this complex state? Ya'll should cut him some slack, this nation is bedeviled with crooks all over and he is not a magician to fish all out same time. He may have genuine intentions but sabotage just because some folks dont like his face or were he comes from will impede his progress. To the power issue, folks need to do a critical analysis. You dont just look at figures that is claimed to have been generated. Even If we generate 10,000MW of electricity and dont have in place a sound distribution network, lots of homes will still be in darkness. Yes I must attest to the fact that there has been a considerable improvement in power in my neighborhood but that cant be said of other peoples' cos of distribution issues. Most times, poor power supply in some areas can be blamed on their sub-stations and not necessarily absence of power on the sub. Due to rapid urbanization, most subs has been overwhelmed with power needs so PHCN resorts to load sharing so as not to overload the system. You guys castigating Joe will not understand till u get there. If you have ever been in a position of leadership in this country no matter how small, you'll know how far.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2011
After so many years, Billions of naira down the loo, people still feel their life is worth nothing but silly excuses they continue to make for the ineptitude of our leaders?? **shakes head**
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by peaceland(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2011
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by dayokanu(m): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2011
Odechukwu indeed
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
BluStreak:

Well, to every his opinion. But one thing I want all to understand is that Nigeria is a very complex country to govern. Haven't you guys noticed how GEJ has aged rapidly since he took over the mantle of leadership of this complex state? Ya'll should cut him some slack, this nation is bedeviled with crooks all over and he is not a magician to fish all out same time. He may have genuine intentions but sabotage just because some folks dont like his face or were he comes from will impede his progress. To the power issue, folks need to do a critical analysis. You dont just look at figures that is claimed to have been generated. Even If we generate 10,000MW of electricity and dont have in place a sound distribution network, lots of homes will still be in darkness. Yes I must attest to the fact that there has been a considerable improvement in power in my neighborhood but that cant be said of other peoples' cos of distribution issues. Most times, poor power supply in some areas can be blamed on their sub-stations and not necessarily absence of power on the sub. Due to rapid urbanization, most subs has been overwhelmed with power needs so PHCN resorts to load sharing so as not to overload the system. You guys castigating Joe will not understand till u get there. If you have ever been in a position of leadership in this country no matter how small, you'll know how far.

Nigeria is NOT a complex country to govern, just that the people who govern us are nothing but incompetent and lack mere directive of foresight. Aging is a common sign of hormonal growth; however rapid early state aging is a sign of stress; when one not only makes terrible choices which at times although not ok but acceptable, but making compromises as well. Who said leadership was easy; when he took that mantle, he knew what he was facing.

Cut him some slack? Please! If the country has crooks, it’s up to him to weed out those crooks and while we understand it’s a process, but in leadership, every leader must measure success. Every leader must be able to take a bold step in the right step and measure success, responsibility and accountability. If told his minster “look your job is on the line; at the end of every year, you must add at least 10% of our current energy consumption to the system”, and his minster has resource which they often do, don’t you think he would try to save his job and meet up that goal and u might be surprise that he might surpass it.

You raised an important point here about distribution; in fact you are right even if we produce 10,000MW without proper distribution network, many people will be left in darkness. That is the major problem; govt want to do everything, it has its hands in everything. Why don’t they give distribution rights to companies and let them focus in what they do best; production. Unless you’re really organized, you cannot produce, distribute and them retail it at same time, it’s gonna be challenging. Companies produce electricity (that's all they do), producing companies distribute/transmit it to distribution companies power stations, then distribution stations in turn act as retailers or sell to smaller retailer companies (if in rural areas) who then sell to final consumers.

I cannot say this any louder; I’m sure the Govt. has received several options from companies who are willing to produce energy or distribute it, but PHCN can only focus on one not both let alone three at same time.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by afokstoomuci(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
It is clear that the seniors staffs those not like the idea.so they are making it impossible.They should be drop since power has dropped.they are so corrupt.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by plegend(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2011
What better way to show love,invite ppl for events & advertise your business this season via SMS/texts for a PROMO price of N1.60k/sms(from 1000units and above)

legendbulksmsDOTcom
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by yeswecan(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Government is the problem everywhere - be it America, UK, Ghana or Nigeria. government should stay off and let private order prevail.

Why would Nigeria government get involved in electricity in the first place?  it can issue license and benefit from tax - private companies will do it  better and cheaper, government cannot manage anything not only in Nigeria. It takes private sectors to build good economies. If no one is interested invite foreign investors.  Nigerians are just crying for nothing - tell me what government has handled well in the past. Is it telecommunication? We only dreamt of phone until GSM came along and the government line (MTEL) is still not working.

This is mental disorder to me - we are all shouting for nothing. Electricity, water and even education should be privatized. Government can assist by providing student loan - just look at government owned universities in Nigeria and look at the private owned. . . More government is the problem not the solution.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^ I am sorry but I don't understand what you are suggesting at all. We all know of the grand illusions people claim of Privatization but FACT is we do not have a privatized system yet and our government is the reason for this.

That Government is the problem elsewhere is no reason why people should suddenly just shut up ---- if you do that, your dream of privatization will never be realized for one, because Government will likely see that as endorsement of the bad job it is doing.

This thread is not about whether we want less government or more government. You may want to create yet another thread to continue arguing that one.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by ausdy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
EWWWW EWWWW cry cryGOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN
PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU.THE PEOPLE YOU ARE LEADING ARE BEGGING YOU
PLEASE SAVE US FROM THIS POWER NIGHT DREAM MAKE THIS THING A REALITY
GEJ I WANT TO BELIEVE YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY (NIGERIA)
PLEASE I BEGG YOU IF ONLY YOU CAN LET YOUR ADMINISTRATION MAKE NIGERIANS BE PROUD OF POWER
GOD WILL SUSTAIN YOUR LIFE AND GIVE YOU MORE WISDOM.GEJ YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE A GREAT LEADER BUT A HERO,
HOW CAN YOU GARANTEE US POWER WHILE ATIKU AND BANKOLE AND FRIENDS ARE INTO PLANT BUSINESS
PLEASE MY DEAR LEADER CAN YOU TAKE A GIANT STAPE TO BAN IMPORTATION OF PLANT IN NIGERIA??
I WISH YOU READ THE REASONABLE COMMENTS HERE AND MAKE SOME POSITIVE CHANGE

GOD BLESS YOU,GOD BLESS NIGERIA
WE WILL GET THERE ,
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by 10cirenoh: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2011
ausdy:

EWWWW EWWWW cry cryGOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN
PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU.THE PEOPLE YOU ARE LEADING ARE BEGGING YOU
PLEASE SAVE US FROM THIS POWER NIGHT DREAM MAKE THIS THING A REALITY
GEJ I WANT TO BELIEVE YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY (NIGERIA)
PLEASE I BEGG YOU IF ONLY YOU CAN LET YOUR ADMINISTRATION MAKE NIGERIANS BE PROUD OF POWER
GOD WILL SUSTAIN YOUR LIFE AND GIVE YOU MORE WISDOM.GEJ YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE A GREAT LEADER BUT A HERO,
HOW CAN YOU GARANTEE US POWER WHILE ATIKU AND BANKOLE AND FRIENDS ARE INTO PLANT BUSINESS
PLEASE MY DEAR LEADER CAN YOU TAKE A GIANT STAPE TO BAN IMPORTATION OF PLANT IN NIGERIA??
I WISH YOU READ THE REASONABLE COMMENTS HERE AND MAKE SOME POSITIVE CHANGE

GOD BLESS YOU,GOD BLESS NIGERIA
WE WILL GET THERE ,

Pls go and post this on "Jonathan brought facebook to Nigeria facebook page", that's where you're going to make any sense.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by yeswecan(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^^ I am sorry but I don't understand what you are suggesting at all. We all know of the grand illusions people claim of Privatization but FACT is we do not have a privatized system yet and our government is the reason for this.

That Government is the problem elsewhere is no reason why people should suddenly just shut up ---- if you do that, your dream of privatization will never be realized for one, because Government will likely see that as endorsement of the bad job it is doing.

This thread is not about whether we want less government or more government. You may want to create yet another thread to continue arguing that one.

The tread is about drop of power output which is part of a bigger problem. Electricity i would say is the biggest problem in Nigeria today and i am suggesting that government get a hell out of electricity business and allow private individuals set up power companies. How can you detach the two? i went further to draw example on how government cannot manage anything be it education, telecommunication or what have you.

The cry for electricity has been a long one - governments commitment to electricity has also been a long standing one from OBJ, Ya'adua and now Goodluck. I am quite certain private companies can do better with what's already depleted for this course. My call is for people to see that government has not done anything right in the past to be trusted with this, people's cry should he focused not on government provision of electricity but for privatization. And remember the number of megawatts is not necessarily the issue here, maintenance and management is the real issue. In both metrics govt is zero.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Feb 15, 2011
yeswecan:

The tread is about drop of power output which is part of a bigger problem. Electricity i would say is the biggest problem in Nigeria today and i am suggesting that government get a hell out of electricity business and allow private individuals set up power companies. How can you detach the two? i went further to draw example on how government cannot manage anything be it education, telecommunication or what have you.

The cry for electricity has been a long one - governments commitment to electricity has also been a long standing one from OBJ, Ya'adua and now Goodluck. I am quite certain private companies can do better with what's already depleted for this course. My call is for people to see that government has not done anything right in the past to be trusted with this, people's cry should he focused not on government provision of electricity but for privatization. And remember the number of megawatts is not necessarily the issue here, maintenance and management is the real issue. In both metrics govt is zero.

But the government claims it is working on privatizing the sector. What we are disputing is the claim that it has however improved generation to 4000MW.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But the government claims it is working on privatizing the sector. What we are disputing is the claim that it has however improved generation to 4000MW.

Perhaps privatization process in Nigeria works a little bit different than other countries; but two administrations have unsuccessfully been able to deliver this “power generation” that Nigerian consumers demand. It’s high time the govt. gets out of the business of electricity; they have proven times without number that they are inefficient, let the efficient companies handle it. Let them focus on regulation of the industry rather than production. Private companies would be more than glad to accept the opportunity to build production and transmission facilities and still pay its dues to the govt. it’s a win-win situation for every one.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
manny4life:

Perhaps privatization process in Nigeria works a little bit different than other countries; but two administrations have unsuccessfully been able to deliver this “power generation” that Nigerian consumers demand. It’s high time the govt. gets out of the business of electricity; they have proven times without number that they are inefficient, let the efficient companies handle it. Let them focus on regulation of the industry rather than production. Private companies would be more than glad to accept the opportunity to build production and transmission facilities and still pay its dues to the govt. it’s a win-win situation for every one.

It was my understanding that Government was doing just that . . . getting out of the business of generation completely . . until I read today that it plans to fund more power plant projects. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by manny4life(m): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It was my understanding that Government was doing just that . . . getting out of the business of generation completely . . until I read today that it plans to fund more power plant projects. undecided undecided undecided

Unless if Nigerians have a strike and or a protest, our so-called leaders would keep doing what they do best; fail at everything. If the govt wants to build plants, then by all means, but they should give license to private power operators as well to meet demand else we right back where we started from; all promises and failure to deliver.
Re: Power Output Drops To 3,313mw by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Feb 18, 2011
manny4life:

Unless if Nigerians have a strike and or a protest, our so-called leaders would keep doing what they do best; fail at everything. If the govt wants to build plants, then by all means, but they should give license to private power operators as well to meet demand else we right back where we started from; all promises and failure to deliver.

I kind of am taking a wait to see on the privatization promise. I am not 100% what the Government is planning behind doors but I do hope Jonathan at least delivers on that promise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Make 400% Profit Importing From China With ¥¥¥ / How Nigerian Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions / Best Exchanger For Paypal, Payoneer, And Giftcards In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.