Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (7964 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital / Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by lovejo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
When banks neglect to recruit on merit, they recruit yahoo boys as banker, secondly key logger is a simple software that can be search on google and download, not even a threat or any hacking tools as claim by the news, it is just password stealer, this shows inefficiency of bank PHB and weak internal control, i can give you my account log in but that does not mean you can transfer or withdraw any money from it.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by sirwebs(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
Bijemi:

Na Wao! This is very Un Nigerian

what is un-Nigerian? Getting caught?

i get 1m for that PhB o? Fear dey catch meo.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by peruso: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
sirwebs:

what is un-Nigerian? Getting caught?

i get 1m for that PhB o? Fear dey catch meo.

who dash monkey banana?
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
they dont even look healthy

go and suffer in prison and tell ur kids what u did
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
lovejo:

When banks neglect to recruit on merit, they recruit yahoo boys as banker, secondly key logger is a simple software that can be search on google and download, not even a threat or any hacking tools as claim by the news, it is just password stealer, this shows inefficiency of bank PHB and weak internal control, i can give you my account log in but that does mean you can transfer or withdraw any money from it.
wondering too

is this about keylogger? so cos u have my acct details, a bank worker can enter my acct?

useless bank
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2011
ds story sounds too cooked up.hw can a key logger get a customers login details from a staffs computer? And hw many customers actually do online transactions over d web?even @ dt, d keylogger would hv to b on d users pc to grab anytn. And how did they arrive @ so round a figure, 75million? Point is this is a classic case of frame up. Keylogger or not those guys cant transfer dt kind of moni n still remain in 9ja. Top shots moved d moni, framed junior staff, and @ d end of d day insurance will rit it off . Only dt dz poor guyz will b finished. They will probably get off if they hv a gud lawyer but dr images wuld b dented.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by 190: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2011
one of the men even hold bible

i bet that guy hasnt been to church since april 2008
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by mekaboy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2011
I HOPE THESE GUY ARE EXECUTED IN FIRING SQUAD PUBLICLY, FOOLS, PEOPLE ARE THERE PRAYING FOR JOBS AND U HAVE ONE AND DECIDE TO STEAL.
GOD PUNISH UNA WELL WELL.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by hbrednic: 12:04am On Feb 11, 2011
ARE THEY HAUSAS
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by switch47(m): 12:18am On Feb 11, 2011
@ Post
The fact that those guys appear as suspects does not make all of them involved, i do not trust this system at all the police have a way of trying to rope in as many as possible. there are probably some innocent ones among the arrested guys
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Probity100: 12:34am On Feb 11, 2011
Thank God they are caught. Their so many of them in the banking industry today. They have all your information and act dubiously on them.

It is advisable not to keep huge amount in banks these days. If you have millions, invest them and leave just something to keep you going in the account. For company account, always do quick checks regularly.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by denzel2009: 2:03am On Feb 11, 2011
Foools. Keylogger is a software not a physical device. They probably have card readers/cloners.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by aloyemeka1: 2:56am On Feb 11, 2011
75/7 =10.7M each assuming the amount they stole is not inflated. Is N10.5M worth their job?
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by aloyemeka1: 2:58am On Feb 11, 2011
foreman:

christians and their love of money!

these guys most likely are members of the redeemed christian church of God RCCG.
What is the difference between your comment and the one made by that ethnic slowpoke aka Hugooh42?. How did you conclude that all of them are Christians?. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by teekay01(m): 4:56am On Feb 11, 2011
When will we (Nigerians) stop destroying our integrity all because of money!
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by igboboy1(m): 5:10am On Feb 11, 2011
190:

LOL, how u take know the month and year? na wa o
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by danielmichael(m): 5:13am On Feb 11, 2011
No no let a peson tell me that this is a joke, hw cud 7 outstanding young men stole 75mil at onli one contrax,thats what we kall phitosianthic pitomaniacism, those 7 outstanding kleptomaniacs re representing 7 outstanding evil spirit send 4rm hellfire to extirpate and pulverize the countrys allaviatd money, i want to say that the factuation pantipulation of chronic ensuanation of this countrys palpithetic welfare is coaxing our young youth to go into fraud bcus the quitoanthetic flexibility that is propinquity to alliance flance is promisquously driven, thats y in 2yrs,the country wil turn into a zone of kleptomanthic operative zone, Thanku
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by precy1718: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2011
korect boys phb robbers union. God help Naija
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by assme: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2011
ONE DAY CARS WILL RUN ON WATER, no blame the guyz, they were already thinking ahead of time b4 they get laid off.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Ultrame(m): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2011
assme:

ONE DAY CARS WILL RUN ON WATER, no blame the guyz, they were already thinking ahead of time b4 they get laid off.

LOL. Too bad its their stomachs that is now running on water. Its progress. At least, something is running on water.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by tainot2002(m): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2011
daniel michael:

No no let a peson tell me that this is a joke, hw cud 7 outstanding young men stole 75mil at onli one contrax,thats what we kall phitosianthic pitomaniacism, those 7 outstanding kleptomaniacs re representing 7 outstanding evil spirit send 4rm hellfire to extirpate and pulverize the countrys allaviatd money, i want to say that the factuation pantipulation of chronic ensuanation of this countrys palpithetic welfare is coaxing our young youth to go into fraud bcus the quitoanthetic flexibility that is propinquity to alliance flance is promisquously driven, thats y in 2yrs,the country wil turn into a zone of kleptomanthic operative zone, Thanku

English!spare us with the little ones we can comprehend now
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by JaaizTech: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2011
Ultrame:

LOL. Too bad its their stomachs that is now running on water. Its progress. At least, something is running on water.
LOL. Bros no kill me with laughter I beg.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by conquerorb: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2011
@denzen2009, you would have still made your point without classifying/grouping earlier contributors as 'fools' ,you kw.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 11, 2011
the first time am seeing a list of over five alledged criminals without an ibo name included shocked shocked shocked. something is not straight with this gist.

impossibility still does'nt exist in the Bank BHB dictionery ,
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by sirp2007: 10:25am On Feb 11, 2011
assme:

IMPOSSIBILITY IS NOTHING, IMPOSSIBLE IS NT IN THEIR DICTIONARY
190:

NO, THAT BIBLE MAY HV BEEN GIVEN 2 HIM BY PRISON VISITATION TEAM.HE DOES NT SEEMS 2 KNW WHT HE IS HOLDING.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by TIMMIE002(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2011
Add this to your valentine gift collection, vinyl skins for your laptop and blackberry. Very nice and affordable. Call Rotimi on 08185181380. Door to door delivery available

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=525987.msg7689039#msg7689039

Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by dkings101(m): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2011
georgeiyke009:

ds story sounds too cooked up.hw can a key logger get a customers login details from a staffs computer? And hw many customers actually do online transactions over d web?even @ dt, d keylogger would hv to b on d users pc to grab anytn. And how did they arrive @ so round a figure, 75million? Point is this is a classic case of frame up. Keylogger or not those guys cant transfer dt kind of moni n still remain in 9ja. Top shots moved d moni, framed junior staff, and @ d end of d day insurance will rit it off . Only dt dz poor guyz will b finished. They will probably get off if they hv a gud lawyer but dr images wuld b dented.

The fact that one of the suspect was an ex-banker with the bank, he would know hw to operate the banking software they use to check customer's acct and more so the maintenance and software guys can give it to him, they can login into the database and make the withdrawal and transfer from their home. This is work from home business hehehe.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by toscogee: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2011
please the government should leave them the government should just collect the money and use them effectively as in use them well in the Nigerian industries and other important things. let take for instance the little girl who went to FBI security code when they find out who was doing this they just had to take the girl to the state sha i will just advice the government they should think well before doing anything at all to those GURUS coolooooooooooooo
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by dkings101(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2011
tosco.gee:

please the government should leave them the government should just collect the money and use them effectively as in use them well in the Nigerian industries and other important things. let take for instance the little girl who went to FBI security code when they find out who was doing this they just had to take the girl to the state sha i will just advice the government they should think well before doing anything at all to those GURUS coolooooooooooooo

There is no genius in what they did. The software they use is free and can be downloaded on google.com. Moreso, it's common in cybercafes where fellow Y-guys use it to steal their fellow Guys password and log into their acct to change the password and carry on with the work.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by cecegorz(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
Come on guys,
What is the PHB IT Enterprise Security guys doing?
Financial Institutions these days block out all external device access to systems except on a need- to- use basis.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Dandas: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Yoruabas are always known for that.Stealing with biro.Na them dey paint Nigeria black.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Mobinga: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
dkings101:

There is no genius in what they did. The software they use is free and can be downloaded on google.com. Moreso, it's common in cybercafes where fellow Y-guys use it to steal their fellow Guys password and log into their acct to change the password and carry on with the work.
There's also a hardware, traditional method.

The dudes must be seriously dull, 7 of them? I can carry out that thing single handedly and wouldn't get caught.

Check your PC's you might just have ardamax chilling somewhere in your hard disk.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Re-Negotiate A Bad Bank Loan / What Are The Best Payment Gateways For Dropshipping? / Top 10 Problems Of Large Scale Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.