Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes (54491 Views)

Betting: How I Betted On Opposite Side Of Same Event And Lost Both / How I Turned N50,000 To 5.7 Million In 8 Months / Safe Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sLentlover7778(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
AJE...

grin grin grin

ReorxTohGan:
u fit still turn that ur remaining 8k to 1mil..mafo grin

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Daddy46: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.
you have mind and it's foolish mind, senseless one, people are suffering you are fooling around who does that 880k I pray God forgives when people are dying of hunger,some are looking for opportunities to start a business with little cash you wasted it all haaaaaaaaaa receive sense ooooooooooooo foolish fool
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by mankand(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
My brother, stay away from betting. I know what it cost me and will never go back to it.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Thank you, Ola.
is esport a Nigerian site
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by crazycrypto710: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
MAD O! you loose that kind money and you still get mind to come on NL, abeg park well.

1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by donatus101(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
O.p you get mind o you can kill you should be detained is DSS custody for this singue act cause you are a threat to the society for you to get mind place such an amount for a 12min game my guy. When it is not over 0.5 stipulation in a 90min game. You for reach out to pros like us grin

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Ojady(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

This is a Classic example of the saying "If it looks too good to be true/real, it probably is". A reminder to NEVER EVER jump into any river with clothes off, head first, both feet and entire body.

Nonetheless, the story sounds incredulous, no offence intended. I mean, if I used up a client's 800Gs meant for something productive for the client and more business/money for me, I would not be-at least not within 48hrs, posting it for people to learn right away. I would be all over trying to cover up. However, I want to believe you have recouped the capital, otherwise Sir, the Nigerian Police Force, Covid19 or not, are still hungry o!

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
mankand:
My brother, stay away from betting. I know what it cost me and will never go back to it.
how much did you lose grin
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Tumbulum: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
2 years ago, i went from 100k to 30m and lost all trying to make it to 50m. i have regretted that till today
take it easy with the lies if you bet and accumulate 2million am sure you will reserve 1.5m

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GalPissetzky: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
Tumbulum:
take it easy with the lies if you bet and accumulate 2million am sure you will reserve 1.5m
take your poverty out of my mention

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Greatzeus:
[s][/s]
Fake story,few days ago a guy claimed he lost millions,he even uploaded the screenshot,only to find out he copied the picture somewhere.
This one claimed he bet for the first time in his life and he used N800k and lost all. Yes nairaland if filled with mo rons but not all. I won't be surprised if you don't know where your next meal will come from. Empty vessels and their loud noises all over nairaland,spits.
the story no pure, even slowpoke can't stake 800k been a first timer.

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by onyxo76(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

why would you for e sports for Christ sake, if you had just picked 3 games to end at over 0.5 goals FT to get like. 1.2 odds that would have made you a cool 176k.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by ojobek: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
Though I wouldn't blame you,life is all about risk, you would had tried 1xbet with plenty of options.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Tumbulum: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
take your poverty out of my mention
lol. Oga am one million percent sure that you have never counted 100k before.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GalPissetzky: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Tumbulum:
lol. Oga am one million percent sure that you have never counted 100k before.
yeah like your papa , i like how the moey wey u hear nearly give you high bp cheesy cheesy cheesy u go soon die like your poor papa
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by UniqueDennis(m): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

I do bet myself and i've lost alot and also gained quite reasonably, but in all my experience, i've come to know that there is NO such thing as 'sure bets' in sports betting or trading.. And i always tell people this cos i have seen many ganes with odds of like 1.04 to win against 40odds fail.. Even fixed games fail not to talk of normal games or computer generated games like esports or virtual games.. You can only just hope your winnings plus the odds are reaonable enough to cover ur losses for you to make a profit everything is outright gambling.. The focal point in sports betting is consistency and even this is sometimes hard to achieve as some days would be totally against you no matter how safe u punt.. But if you can always try have a consistent weekly winning streak of like W L L W L W L with odds of between 1.5 to 2.0 daily then its very possible to be profitable in sports betting with specific formulas.. Discipline in following set rules especially avoiding greed is the biggest challenge/factor to succeding or failing in sports bet. But what the hell were u thinking waggering 800k straight off on a single game.. Mehn that was way overboard and desperate.. By the way, how does this esports work, are they real players/people playing each other remotely on the internet or it's a computer simulated play?? Really sorry for your loss though.. Loosing that sort of money would have really depressed me..

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Chai 880k just enter fire like that Kai the thing pain me o
he should have give u that money
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:

You placed that amount of money on simulated reality league (SRL).
Perhaps u mistook those clubs for real premier league club.
Perhaps the matches were manipulated because your potential winning was too much.

SRL is controlled

Sorry sha
bro tell me that picture u upload is photoshop sha
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Tumbulum: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
yeah like your papa , i like how the moey wey u hear nearly give you high bp cheesy cheesy cheesy u go soon die like your poor papa
have you eaten today? See you and 30million. You may probably not make that money your entire life before you die.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Zedoo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
DamolaDamola:
Sorry bro. I've been there, I'm not totally free from them, but I've learnt my lesson and I hope you do too. My own nah cooperative money wey I collect for business. I got greedy too and they chop everything to the last kobo. Nah this July I just complete the payment. Just believe that when there's life, there's hope.

grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by victorjoe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
I have never been there and I will never be there. I de mad ni?!!!

The only bet I do is100 naira to win 25 billion naira. Always watching out to cash out of even 500 naira. Even at that, it only happens when someone dashes me 1k to put on my platform.

Simply put, i rarely bet
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by akanbiaa(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

As in. Dem chop me wella. Wonder what spirit led me to stake such a huge sum seriously.
Say the truth, if you had won would you have posted your winnings on Nairaland? What effort have you now made to pay back the money you used?
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by akanbiaa(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
onyxo76:
why would you for e sports for Christ sake, if you had just picked 3 games to end at over 0.5 goals FT to get like. 1.2 odds that would have made you a cool 176k.
There was someone that once staked over 0.5 on a single game Barcelona and another team and the game ended goalless, and the money was not his, he is still battling to settle the debts with most of his properties seized and frequent police harassment being locked in cell and court cases.

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GboyegaD(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
vickydevoka:

If u have a land or ur parents have a land go sell it. Don't tell them u played gambling with it o. Jst tell them u were attacked, inflict bruises on your body to make it look real. Never u let ur client know about it, bcus that will be de downfall of ur career.

Do you think he cares about the reputation of his business? If he does, he would never have allowed his greed push him this far. This one is a long lost one who isn't willing to be redeemed.

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by emmafineboy(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?
focus on live bet u ll recover ur money in one month all

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by onyxo76(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
akanbiaa:
There was someone that once staked over 0.5 on a single game Barcelona and another team and the game ended goalless, and the money was not his, he is still battling to settle the debts with most of his properties seized and frequent police harassment being locked in cell and court cases.
as a rule i hardly ever stake on those popular teams they mess up when the expectations are highest.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by rapala(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bros na you duck up.. The game you played na baby game not real game.you play with computer. Next time be playing real game like Alsena vs Chelsea FA cup final you will chop your money wella
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
WarriFirstSon:

There's a way to cripple them. It's hidden. cheesy

Lolz kwantinue. You'll soon wail to nairaland...'this life no balance' gang will be waiting to comfort you.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by philsbaba: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
u fit still turn that ur remaining 8k to 1mil..mafo grin
this guy na bastard
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by VicM6: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
I felt for OP, such is life... one needs to be wise in life..... Well, 07018 89 2717....hit me up
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by VicM6: 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
if life no sure person like this, man no go learn.... if to say i tell op say mk i show you correct biz, him go call me scammer now life don play him trick.... some one chatted me up and was asking of correct score and after explaining tings to him he blocked me up thinking i will force my self on him... this is whr it ends....... continue
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Olochee: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nothing wey betting never make person see...I get plenty stories too like O.P

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30 / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.