Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? (208 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Major001(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
This write-up is not for atheists, unbelievers or narrow-minded believers. It is for open-minded believers who are willing to learn and share knowledge.

If you are an atheist or unbeliever, the first thing you need to do is to acknowledge God, repent of your sins, and accept His Son, Jesus Christ, as your Saviour and Lord.

Time is short. Death is sure. Eternity awaits us all.

This write-up is not a monopoly of knowledge on the subject matter

To answer the question raised in topic we’ll consider the following topics, first, as it is related to the main topic...which comes last in this write-up.

THE SPIRITS CHRIST PREACHED TO IN PRISON (HELL)

I PETER 3:19 is a rather interesting part of Scripture. It reads, “By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.” This Scripture, no doubt, refers to Christ. Specifically it refers to an event that took place after Christ’s death on the cross. Please understand that the word ‘prison’ here is actually translated as ‘hell.’ Also read EPHESIANS 4:8-9.

So, Christ went to hell, after His death, and preached to some spirits. For many years I wondered at the relevance of this Scripture. I had no idea what it means; and I’ve never had anyone really explain it to me – until recently when the Holy Spirit did.

You see, the word ‘hell’ remains a source of doctrinal controversy. Interestingly, in the Scriptures, hell is translated to mean different things. In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word Sheol means hell. Now the King James Version translates Sheol as Grave (31 times), Hell (31 times), and Pit (3 times).
The hell mentioned in GENESIS 37:35, JOB 14:13; 3:11-19, ECCLESIATES 9:10 and PSALM 31:17, refers to the grave, where a man’s physical body is buried.

However, the hell mentioned in JOB 33:18, 28 and LUKE 16:23, refers to the pit, where the soul of an unbeliever goes to, on being separated from the body. This is the hell Christ went and preached in.

Hell is a place of temporary and light discomfort. But, the lake of fire burning with brimstone is a place of eternal and horrid torment. Yes, there is hell, and then there is the lake of fire burning with brimstone – REVELATION 19:20; 20:10, 15. The devil, his demons, the antichrist, his false prophet (the person who will head the new world order religion), death and hell (actually the demons in charge of both) and sadly, many unbelieving people, will be cast into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Another significant thing I want to talk about is that there is a marked difference between Heaven (God’s Kingdom) and Paradise. Before His crucifixion Christ had constantly used the word, Heaven – MATTHEW 4:17; 5: 20; 6:20; 7:21; 10:7, MARK 13:32, LUKE 10:21, JOHN 6:51. But in LUKE 23:43, while He was on the cross, He expressly assured the repentant criminal that “…verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” There’s no mistake about it. The word Paradise, used here, is not an interpretation error. Paradise is simply a temporary state of perfect happiness. So, there is a distinctive difference between Heaven and Paradise.

Presently, there is no unbeliever in the lake of fire burning with brimstone. And there is no believer in Heaven. Every dead unbeliever is currently in hell. And every dead believer is presently in paradise. A good illustration of this is seen in the story of Lazarus and the rich man in LUKE 16:22. It mentions the fact that after Lazarus’ death, he was carried by some angels into Abraham’s bosom…and not into Heaven. Abraham is not in Heaven; he, like other believers, is in a temporary state of perfect happiness in paradise. On the other hand the rich man opened his eyes in hell.
So, Jesus preached to the spirits in hell. Who are these spirits? They are the spirits of all unbelievers who died from the time of Adam, till before Christ began His earthly ministry. These people died without really knowing who Christ is. Of course, all the believers, already in paradise before Jesus commenced His earthly ministry, now know who Jesus is because they have seen Him in the spirit realm.

Now, we know that Christ died for the whole world. But the only way to actually validate this was to reveal Himself to every unsaved soul in hell. But we are told that He preached to them. In other words, He presented them with another opportunity for repentance. But, they are already spirits…and Scripture tells us that it is appointed unto men to die, and once after death, comes judgment – HEBREWS 9:27. And, like I stated earlier, God is not the author of confusion – I CORINTHIANS 14:33. So, for this group of people to make use of this amazing opportunity, they will have to do so in the flesh; in other words, they will be resurrected and returned to earth. Is this possible? REVELATION 20:5 says it is.

Please, read REVELATION 20:1-15 with divine inspiration. The millennial reign will take place after the great tribulation. The devil and his demons will be bound for a thousand years. Christ and all believers (who have died from the beginning of the world till the end of the great tribulation) will reign on earth.

After the thousand-year reign, two things will happen. One: the group of unbelievers I mentioned earlier will be sent back to earth to prove their loyalty to Christ. Two: the devil and his demons will be released from their bottomless prison to prove these particular unbelievers. Sadly, many of them will fall for the devil’s deception, again – REVELATION 20: 8-10.

CHRIST’S SECOND COMING

This is an event that every true Christian believer, in every nation of the world, is earnestly and patiently waiting for. The Scriptures contain several references to support the actualization of this long-awaited manifestation. Christ is coming again. This is an unquestionable fact. Regardless of what anyone might think or say, He is coming again – even sooner than we think. Over the years, we have had – and still have – scoffers and mockers whose central aim is to deceive people – even Spirit-filled Christians – into believing that Christ’s Second Advent is nothing more than a lie, a grand deception. Apostle Peter warned against such people in II PETER 3:3-5.

One of the core points of arguments – by these people – can be found in MATTHEW 24:34, which says, “Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away till all these things be fulfilled.” Also read MARK 13:30.

Now, in MATTHEW 24 and MARK 13, Jesus told His disciples about His second coming. He took time to really explain the situations, circumstances, and signs that would precede His second coming. However, in verses 34 and 30 of MATTHEW 24 and MARK 13, it appeared that the prophecy of the second coming was to be fulfilled within the generation of the apostles back then. As a result of this, a lot of people (past and present) have wrongly assumed that since the prophecy wasn’t fulfilled back then, it never would. In essence, Christ lied.

Sadly, so many books have been written to discredit Christ; His person; His ministry and everything He stands for. It is most unfortunate that people have allowed themselves to be used as instruments and tools of disorder and devastation. It is a pity that these people are serving a master that has led, and continues to lead, many to a place of perpetual torment.

Let me make this very clear: Christ did not lie, has never lied, and will never lie! When He said, “This generation,” He was only making reference to the (future) generation in which His second coming would take place. The signs of His second coming are being fulfilled from generation to generation; but the second coming proper will take place during a ‘particular’ generation. And I can tell you this, with deep conviction: we are already in this particular generation – because every prophecy concerning the second coming of Christ has been fulfilled – with the exception of just one: the revelation of Satan’s son, his prince, otherwise known as the antichrist – II THESSALONIANS 2:1-4. And from what I was told I believe he is already in the world. And what’s more; his revelation will set into immediate motion the second coming of Christ – II THESSALONIANS 2:3.

WILL THE CHURCH EXPERIENCE THE GREAT TRIBULATION?

The debate whether true believers will experience the great tribulation or not rages on. Essentially, there are two schools of thought in this regard. On one end of the spectrum are those who believe that true believers will experience the great tribulation before the second coming of Christ. This group of people does not believe in the concept of the rapture. For them, Christ will return for His people at the end of the great tribulation.

Conversely there are those who believe the rapture will take place before the great tribulation commences. In fact, some of those in this group are of the opinion that true Christians will not witness the revelation of the antichrist – the son of Satan – who will initiate the great tribulation.

Remarkably both sides of the divide are holding on resolutely to their convictions with appropriate scriptural references to support their claims.
For years I have pondered this same thing: will the Church be subjected to the intense sufferings that will characterize the great tribulation? I mean…for centuries Christians have been persecuted in many dreadful ways. God’s people have been experiencing all kinds of tribulations – even to the extent of paying the ultimate sacrifice: death. Read ROMANS 8:3-38.

Many Christians have laid (and continue to lay) down their lives for Jesus. They have been crucified, burnt alive, hanged by the neck, torn to pieces by lions, beaten and stoned to death, thrown down from very high points, poisoned, tied to vehicles and dragged along sharp and rocky paths, buried alive, beheaded, etc. So, I asked myself, “Will experiencing the same horrible things – I believe some of us are already familiar with or even inured to – during the great tribulation be any different?”

But then, let’s bear in mind that there is a huge, remarkable difference between ‘tribulations’ and the ‘great tribulation.’ In MATTHEW 24:21 Jesus Himself described the great tribulation as, “…such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” In other words, whatever we might have gone through, or are presently going through, as Christians…it is nothing compared to the scale of horror that the antichrist will unleash upon the world during the period of the great tribulation.

So, my answer to the question, will true Christians experience the great tribulation is… no?! And I will tell you why.

It all begins and ends with the divine number 3.

I JOHN 5:7-8 says, “There three things that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these agree in one.”

There are three batches/categories of true believers or saints when it comes to God’s program for the end of our world.

THE FIRST BATCH: The first batch of believers will not experience the great tribulation. They will be caught up, in rapture, just before the antichrist commences the great tribulation. For many years this group of saints has been experiencing their own kinds of tribulations. MATTHEW 24:4-35 talks about the events that began from the time of the apostles and will continue to the great tribulation and the second coming of Christ – when all eyes shall see Him (vs. 30). However verses 36-51 focuses on the rapture – which is the first part of Jesus’ second coming. Also read MARK 13: 32 and LUKE 21:34.

Only true believers, who will make up the first batch, shall see Him at this time. I CORINTHIANS 15:52 and I THESSALONIANS 4:16-18 attest to the reality of the rapture before the great tribulation. Verse 18 says, “Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”

Furthermore LUKE 21:36 assures us that true believers shall escape the great tribulation…because God has not appointed us to wrath – His (on unbelievers…for receiving the mark of the beast) and the antichrist’s (on the tribulation saints…for choosing Jesus) – I THESSALONIANS 5:9.
So, the great tribulation is reserved strictly for the tribulation saints.

THE SECOND BATCH: This batch comprises the tribulation saints. It will be horrifying for this group of people because the Holy Spirit will no longer be on earth at the time of the great tribulation. He will be taken out of the way…meaning His presence will no more be felt – I THESSALONIANS 2:7.
Although the Jews will be the primary target of the antichrist, during the great tribulation, the tribulation saints will not be spared of his evil machinations. In fact, DANIEL 8:24 and REVELATION 13:7 tell us that the antichrist will wage war with the tribulation saints…and even overcome them. But God, in His infinite mercies, will shorten the days (31/2 years) of the great tribulation because of His elect (the tribulation saints and the 144,000 Jews who will be sealed on their foreheads – REVELATION 7:4-8.

I believe God will do this either by making time run pretty fast – that is, the earth will be revolving swiftly round the Sun…or by literally reducing the 31/2 years.

He did it with David, after the king sinned in numbering Israel in I CHRONICLES 21: 1-30. In verse 13 David chose to fall into the hands of the Lord for three days…“for very great are His mercies.” God stopped the angel of judgment He had sent…before the three days were even over. Honestly, I believe judgment took place only a few hours out of the entire three days. That’s how merciful and just our Heavenly Father truly is.
So, the days of the great tribulation will be shortened because of the loving mercies of God.

THE THIRD BATCH: The last batch of saints will be made up of the spirits Christ preached to in hell – like I explained earlier. These people will have the unique opportunity to prove their love for Christ. They will come on the scene after the millennial reign. Read EZEKIEL 37:1-14, MATTHEW 11:23-24; 12:42.

Our God is not willing that anyone should perish. He wants as many people as possible to obtain salvation. That is why He has put in place every means possible to bring as much people as are available into His Kingdom.

But, once again, it all hinges on freewill.

This write-up is an excerpt from the book LUCIFER UNSCRIPTED: The Unspoken Truth About His Expulsion From Heaven.

Available at Ceeworks Books: Follow the link below. It is secured by Paystack.

https://ceeworksbooks.com.ng/books.html?store-page=Lucifer-Unscripted-p217039912
Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Goldp5988(f): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
Expect every thing the bible say to come to pass.
Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by petra1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
The second coming is Armageddon
7 years after the rapture
Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Blabbermouth: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
Major001, I did enjoy your excerpt, thank you.
Concerning the different schools of thought on eschatology by different believers, we can evidently say that there are just two major views.
1. Those that are led by the Word and do know of a truth that the tribulation will happen before any rapture... Also, no believer alive will be spared
2. Those that love the prosperity gospel, don't want to go through harsh suffering and have watched too much of end time movies that are not based on the scripture.
PS: No single scripture, no, not one! proves that anybody will be taken away before the Man of Sin is revealed. If you have any, you can tender them please.
The issue is - Many people mistake the "Great tribulation" for the "wrath". Hahahahahahaha, they are 2 different concepts!
Great tribulation is anchored by the Antichrist
The Wrath is anchored by God himself; in fact, the wrath is commonly called " the wrath of God".
So is the Antichrist the same with God? No, God forbid.
Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 30, 2020
Blabbermouth:
Major001, I did enjoy your excerpt, thank you.
Concerning the different schools of thought on eschatology by different believers, we can evidently say that there are just two major views.
1. Those that are led by the Word and do know of a truth that the tribulation will happen before any rapture... Also, no believer alive will be spared
2. Those that love the prosperity gospel, don't want to go through harsh suffering and have watched too much of end time movies that are not based on the scripture.
PS: No single scripture, no, not one! proves that anybody will be taken away before the Man of Sin is revealed. If you have any, you can tender them please.
The issue is - Many people mistake the "Great tribulation" for the "wrath". Hahahahahahaha, they are 2 different concepts!
Great tribulation is anchored by the Antichrist
The Wrath is anchored by God himself; in fact, the wrath is commonly called " the wrath of God".
So is the Antichrist the same with God? No, God forbid.

God bless you sir for this. I was about saying that people confuse God's wrath with the great tribulation. Before I became a Christian I used to hear all those mythical stories about the great tribulation. After I became a Christian and I started studying the Bible I found there was no single scripture that supports a pretribulation rapture. Matthew 24 is so clear on this, but people just like dancing around facts to confirm to the narrative they've been fed with.

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Major001(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2020
There are three schools of thought when it comes to the rapture and great tribulation.

* Pre-Great Tribulation (rapture before the great tribulation)

* Mid-Great Tribulation (rapture during the great tribulation)

* Post-Great Tribulation (rapture after the great tribulation)

I belong to the first school of thought because, like I said in the write-up, God has not appointed His children to wrath (neither His...nor that of the antichrist).
Either way...the three schools of thought believe in the rapture. So, whether it's before, during or after...the key thing is for us to be ready...and not miss it for anything.
Re: Will The Church Truly Experience The Great Tribulation? by Blabbermouth: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2020
Major001:
There are three schools of thought when it comes to the rapture and great tribulation.

* Pre-Great Tribulation (rapture before the great tribulation)

* Mid-Great Tribulation (rapture during the great tribulation)

* Post-Great Tribulation (rapture after the great tribulation)

I belong to the first school of thought because, like I said in the write-up, God has not appointed His children to wrath (neither His...nor that of the antichrist).
Either way...the three schools of thought believe in the rapture. So, whether it's before, during or after...the key thing is for us to be ready...and not miss it for anything.

If this conversation was in the 1920s, I wouldn't even bother trying to tell people that the "wrath" is different from the "tribulation".... You see, the hour is too near and people need to know the truth. Why? Mass Ignorance will be one of the reasons why people will fall away easily.
The "Wrath of God" is not the same as the "Great Tribulation" - #So says the scripture.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Ghanaian Lady Flogged For Sleeping With A Sudanese Man In Saudi Arabia / Every Generation Is Becoming More Perverted / Testimony Of God's Intervention In My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.