Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,113 members, 7,863,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' (5667 Views)

Did Martin Luther Really Regret Starting The Reformation? / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / Martin Luther King Jnr Had All Night Sex Orgy At A Workshop Before Death-fbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 8:25am On Mar 01, 2021
SegFault:

Leave him, in his dire need to make mockery of others he's making a fool of himself.

He does not know how much because he has not bothered reading the book. If he did, he'd find in the introduction that he is advised to concentrate on the message and not the messenger, and why.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 10:49am On Mar 01, 2021
A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

2 Likes

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

No one said "those who are not scientists don't use their senses", aadoiza, perhaps seek to understand before embarking on juvenile insults.

Science (from the Latin word scientia, meaning "knowledge" ) is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions.

We read of Jesus going about healing those with dim senses. It is so you may use those senses to systematically build and organize knowledge, and form testable explanations and predictions.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11418586_notable02223_jpeg8cb89b8379861b4b98340f4c2d88628e

Isn't it amusing how we keep returning to this?

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
LordReed:

What is rational is rational no matter who is saying it.

What if i said it? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
Image123:

Are we to assume you can be irrational?

Even if irrational you says it. If it is rational it is rational.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

Are we to assume you can be irrational?

Even if irrational you says it. If it is rational it is rational.

Ask your disciple. He has costly assumptions.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Image123:

If it makes sense why not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Image123:

Ask your disciple. He has costly assumptions.

buda don't have disciples. One must use one's own mind instead of discipling it to buda.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

buda don't have disciples. One must use one's own mind instead of discipling it to buda.

You know what I'm talking about.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Image123:

You know what I'm talking about.

No I do not. buda does not read minds and only asses assume.

Seriously. You and I have not conversed enough for me to know what you mean.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

No I do not. buda does not read minds and only asses assume.

Seriously. You and I have not conversed enough for me to know what you mean.

Your friend-disciple has responded, no wahala.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:

You see life for outside again, buda. If you hadn't read the humbugery of a book you wouldn't have known what receptivity entails. SMH
HellVictorinho, these are the type of programmed lot to which "unnecessary" statement was referring.

Maybe you should ask budaatum what budaatum is searching for in such books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
LordReed:

Maybe you should read it again because I did answer no.
You answered no only after reformatting the question to suit your view

Don't be so quick to dismiss things because they seem at odds with what you want to hear, that is exactly what you being accused of.
Is it not funny you accuse someone exactly of what you are guilty of. Abi is it not the same thing every contributor on this issue is doing, putting their foot down to what seems odd to them?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
LordReed:

Is this not the receptivity I mentioned? Is environmental sanitation wrong because the person who says it is a hypocrite?
The bottom line is, someone guilty of environmental pollution—not by accident, but by design, has got no moral right or obligation to counsel otherwise. That responsibility should be conferred on those who TRULY believe in environmental sanitation, not a hypocrite.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
SegFault:

There is nothing wrong with that, so because this person that defecates openly tells you about the importance of cleaning your environment you wouldn't do it, even when he tells you it will make your surroundings close to mosquito free.

Is this not one of the main reasons most atheists call christians mumu when their pastors tell them to forgo material things and that their rewards are in heaven while those pastors carry material things for head, buying private jets and making use of all sorts of expensive things.

This is interesting. So if a drug addict tells you to stay away from drugs and opens your mind to unknown effects from these drugs you will still take them?
Why not. If it's so bad why is he still doing it? Except the word "HYPOCRISY " does not exist any longer.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

The bottom line is, someone guilty of environmental pollution—not by accident, but by design, has got no moral right or obligation to counsel otherwise. That responsibility should be conferred on those who TRULY believe in environmental sanitation, not a hypocrite.

So what do we do with the message of environmental sanitation now that a hypocrite has avocated for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:26am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:
You answered no only after reformatting the question to suit your view

I actually steelmanned your example to make it more compelling.

Is it not funny you accuse someone exactly of what you are guilty of. Abi is it not the same thing every contributor on this issue is doing, putting their foot down to what seems odd to them?

Nope. I am trying to show you where we agree and where we have taken it further. We have agreed that the messager is a hypocrite. You have stopped there, we have gone 1 step further to embrace the message despite the messenger's shortcomings because it is rational and worthy of consideration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 8:46am On Mar 02, 2021
LordReed:

I actually steelmanned your example to make it more compelling.

It's not any more compelling than it's sensational.

Nope. I am trying to show you where we agree and where we have taken it further.
If you guys had been this forthcoming I doubt we'd have dragged it this long.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

It's not any more compelling than it's sensational.

You dragged it out because we already acknowledged that the messengers are flawed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

Is this not one of the main reasons most atheists call christians mumu when their pastors tell them to forgo material things and that their rewards are in heaven while those pastors carry material things for head, buying private jets and making use of all sorts of expensive things.

Why not. If it's so bad why is he still doing it? Except the word "HYPOCRISY " does not exist any longer.
gringrin, this your argument doesn't hold water, so you'll do drugs because the person is a hypocrite, good for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

Someone may be guilty of environmental pollution by design. He may not have the moral right or obligation to counsel otherwise. The responsibility maybe should be conferred on those who TRULY believe in environmental sanitation, not a hypocrite. That will not stop intelligent individuals from listening to him and cleaning up their yard unless they are ignorant and want to dwell in filth and die of diseases.

But you of course you miss the point and seem to think those listening to the message are the hypocrites and what else you've called us here.

And even though you've now been shown the error of your reasoning, not "thank you for educating me you very wise and intelligent people", but a weak deflection of responsibility for your inability to reason right!

aadoiza:

You will learn, aadozia. You will learn even if you cover your eyes so you can claim you were not taught. Because that is why we read such books. So those like you who can not read can be taught.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
LordReed:

You dragged it out because we already acknowledged that the messengers are flawed.
Show me where you acknowledged this.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2021
SegFault:

gringrin, this your argument doesn't hold water, so you'll do drugs because the person is a hypocrite, good for you
You're saying this because you already know the implications of drug abuse. What if you didn't know.

The problem you lot have got is your thinking is one-dimensional. Lemme give a more practical example to clear up your confusion. If you often visit the travel section of this forum, you'd have stumbled upon some threads and and many more posts by foreign-based nigerians that advised the "abroad or nothing" gang to stay back because over there is not as easy as they think. And the most line of responses to this innocuous advice we get from this desperate gang is: "why are you still abroad", "Nigerians don't want to see their brothers rise", "you are enemy of progress", "so you japa from the shit-hole and you want us to remain", "bad belle dey worry you" etc.
In your own opinion, why do most of them respond in such hostile fashion?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:

Someone may be guilty of environmental pollution by design. He may not have the moral right or obligation to counsel otherwise. The responsibility maybe should be conferred on those who TRULY believe in environmental sanitation, not a hypocrite. That will not stop intelligent individuals from listening to him and cleaning up their yard unless they are ignorant and want to dwell in filth and die of diseases.

But you of course you miss the point and seem to think those listening to the message are the hypocrites and what else you've called us here.

And even though you've now been shown the error of your reasoning, not "thank you for educating me you very wise and intelligent people", but a weak deflection of responsibility for your inability to reason right!

You will learn, aadozia. You will learn even if you cover your eyes so you can claim you were not taught. Because that is why we read such books. So those like you who can not read can be taught.

You glossed over the 'pastor and mumu followers' example I gave only to flex your weak muscles over the weak one. What an archetype of a pathetic bully you are.
Yeye dey smell cheesy cheesy
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2021
I did not gloss over you though.

aadoiza:

You glossed over the 'pastor and mumu followers' example I gave only to flex your weak muscles over the weak one. What an archetype of a pathetic bully you are.
Yeye dey smell cheesy cheesy
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by DCatt: 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
Monkey drop my mentions! OLAADEGBU is still living in your head months after he hasn't posted anything.
Martian:

Like I said, you don’t know what you’re talking about. All you’re doing is repeating Fox News propaganda about looting and rioting that they conflate with the legit and rational protestS.You don’t live here, so this is a waste of my time.

Just know that your “looting and rioting” accusations come from the same place as “the election was stolen”. Congratulations, you’re now kin with Dcatt and Olaadegbu.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

You're saying this because you already know the implications of drug abuse. What if you didn't know.

The problem you lot have got is your thinking is one-dimensional. Lemme give a more practical example to clear up your confusion. If you often visit the travel section of this forum, you'd have stumbled upon some threads and and many more posts by foreign-based nigerians that advised the "abroad or nothing" gang to stay back because over there is not as easy as they think. And the most line of responses to this innocuous advice we get from this desperate gang is: "why are you still abroad", "Nigerians don't want to see their brothers rise", "you are enemy of progress", "so you japa from the shit-hole and you want us to remain", "bad belle dey worry you" etc.
In your own opinion, why do most of them respond in such hostile fashion?
Ehen, this is what I have been saying based on your ability to think you will obviously listen to this addicted person knowing fully well that he is not lying. Now finally for the last question, most of them are irrational and don't want to listen, left work me I'll listen because those people have the experience and I can simply do some research to substantiate their claims, of course it might seem like hypocrisy but when someone who has the experience advises you it is best you listen, then do your research and think about your next challenge as in this case, go abroad and face those challenges or stay back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

Show me where you acknowledged this.

LordReed:

Are there any thinkers that have no flaws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

Actually, it should be: is there a man with no flaw?
Inherent racism is no flaw as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 9:38am On Mar 03, 2021
SegFault:

Ehen, this is what I have been saying based on your ability to think you will obviously listen to this addicted person knowing fully well that he is not lying. Now finally for the last question, most of them are irrational and don't want to listen, left work me I'll listen because those people have the experience and I can simply do some research to substantiate their claims, of course it might seem like hypocrisy but when someone who has the experience advises you it is best you listen, [b] then do your research[b] and think about your next challenge as in this case, go abroad and face those challenges or stay back.
Those emboldened lines just about do it for me.
If you as much as sense hypocrisy and dishonesty in the messenger, you seek your counsel elsewhere.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:
I did not gloss over you though.

Whatever
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Actually, it should be: is there a man with no flaw?
Inherent racism is no flaw as far as I'm concerned.

What does inherent racism mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" / We Are Ready To Accept Christianity If / Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.