Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Rihanna's Umbrella - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rihanna's Umbrella (9297 Views)

Secret Cult Messages In Rihanna's Umbrella #1-15 / Rihanna's 'umbrella' Song Was Written By A Nigerian? / Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Seun(m): 4:58am On Jul 20, 2007
Is your body not a talent?
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by spoilt(f): 5:01am On Jul 20, 2007
Seun:

Is your body not a talent?

good one! grin
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by MP007(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2007
dont give a dam abt yall option , but that song was just wack, "good gurl turn bad", title of an album for a lil gurl like rihanna? plzzzz
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by africanboy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2007
off-topic: now i am convinced there is something eating posts on this forum.

on-topic: can't comment, haven't watched the video or heard the song
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by DisGuy: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2007
africanboy:

off-topic: now i am convinced there is something eating posts on this forum.

on-topic: can't comment, haven't watched the video or heard the song

where have you been dude, even people in ogun state have seen the video cheesy

some sexy fishnet she's wearing wink
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Gamine(f): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2007
My oh My
whut happened to this thread shaaa shocked shocked

Sexy fishnet indeed

she looked so ugly there
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Icon(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2007
Has anyone heard the Naija version?
It has stuff like "Ebute meta, meta, meta, eh eh eh , " etc.

Heard it on radio some time ago. Olisa usually plays both Rihanna's version and the Naija version. It's quite tight but funny. Abeg, anyone who has it should share it with me.
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Islander(f): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2007
Ugliness + Illiteracy = Jealousy, que las ti ma, cry cry cry cry
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2007
Islander:

Ugliness + Illiteracy = Jealousy, que las ti ma, cry cry cry cry
lmfaoooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

U are a real mess but still love u kiss kiss kiss
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by SweetT1: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2007
Rihanna is not all that beautiful, Yellow @$$. I'll take Kelly Rowlands anyday. Go kelly, black is beautiful !
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by vivann(f): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2007
Rihanna is ok.I guess.

But I HATE that song.

Ella ella eh eh.It jus sickens me.Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Islander(f): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2007
correct me if I am wrong,

Is the thread about "umbrella"( the song) or "rihanna" (the artiste)?? Seems like some people are hyperventilating for no valid reasons,
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2007
Islander:

correct me if I am wrong,

Is the thread about "umbrella"( the song) or "rihanna" (the artiste)?? Seems like some people are hyperventilating for no valid reasons
Well i noticed the same thing oh angry angry angry
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Caradona(f): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2007
@ Posters

Lord have mercy, I thought she was singing Cum into me shocked and I'm like what the hell.
I'm glad I didn't sing it out loud shocked
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by bluenubian(f): 1:30am On Jul 23, 2007
Caradona:

@ Posters

Lord have mercy, I thought she was singing Cum into me shocked and I'm like what the hell.
I'm glad I didn't sing it out loud shocked

grin lol. . . u know u did

1 Like

Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by wifeypenth(f): 1:40am On Jul 23, 2007
Well the umbrella song is a song that i love irrespective of what anyone says. I dnt lyk rihanna but i love d song

when the sun shines we'l shyn 2geda
told u i'd be here 4eva
said i'l always b ur frend
bla bla bla
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by dakmanzero(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2007
lol.

First, she *clarely* says 'come into me'. Go check the lyrics. Sorry, pure-whites, the world isnt squeaky clean cheesy

Secondly, one of the things I love most about the song is its dual interpretation.

(a) Umbrella: the umbrella of her protection- signifies continued friendship and protection due to her new status as miss moneybags
(b) Umbrella: To put ot bluntly, her skirt. Her very very short skirt.

Before you pounce on me with vindication and righteous anger, i implore u to go read the lyrics, first time with (a) interpretation, and then with (b). You just may be surprised! cheesy

lol. As jay z says 'No clouds in ma storrrrrrm!!!!!'

Rh: 'Its raining! Come into me!' grin
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Everbright(f): 7:21am On Jul 23, 2007
Music does not ask who composed what
Once it's rhythymic,it is the pleasure of the soul
Whether Rihanna composed that music or she was given it to sing,she did a great job
As far as I am concerned,that's the best track of the year.
Rihanna is it. Up Rihanna Up Umbrella LOL tongue
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by dakmanzero(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2007
Everbright:

Up Umbrella LOL tongue

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Up Umbrella!!!!

Indecent exposure!!!!

Holy Ghost Fire!!!!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by spoilt(f): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2007
sorry. you cant seperate a song from its singer. shocked
once a musician makes a video (which they arent obliged to do) they put themselves out there for criticism.
she's young and impressionable. at this point they are usually 'packaged' and put on the market in a way their managers think will appeal to the general public especially the young. they really dont have their own style yet. we've seen this before. the brittanys and co. sex sells. arse cheeks on display translates into higher record sales. its affectionately called bubble gum pop. it doesnt last. a young starlet should focus on belting out the vocals and keeping her clothes on. rihanna is beautiful and sounds good. i wonder why her clothes are coming off.
i guess she'll do whatever to keep her contract. i really cant reconcile this 'new' rihanna to the young likeable kid who was imported from barbados. entertainment claims another innocent. cry
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by dakmanzero(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2007
Madonna's clothes kept coming off, and now she's one of the top dogs in the business

Jewel remained nice and chaste and pure, and she's now irrelevant

conclusion: success and taking off your clothes on screen have no relationship whatesoever.

It just means that the path to success will be different, if not necessarily easier or more difficult. Missy would have a hard time of it if she stripped naked on screen (Ugh!!!!!) and janet jackson wouldnt have 1/3 as many fans if she kept her boobies to herself.

If rihanna can keep up the 'long legged beauty' schtick, she has a shot. If she fails to keep on the right side of 'cheap slut' she may regret it, but honestly, its HER talent, she should use it accordingly. I mean, just look at Beyonce. Hardly the best voice in destiny's child, but NONE can compare to her as far as looks are concerned, and she has done worse than rihanna
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Seun(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2007
Madonna's clothes kept coming off, and now she's one of the top dogs in the business
Exactly. Fantasia Barrino is a great vocalist in my opinion, but her most popular music video is a raunchy one!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2007
look to halle berry
until she flashed her 500,000 dollar bosoms in swordfish, she was a soso actress.
after that her career took off.

plus, she got an oskar for fking a white boy

as far as i'm concerned, all the umbrella video does is highlight rihanna's undersized mammary glands.

heh,heh, look at all of us talking about the song (jayz would say, mission accomplished) but what's left to show for the next video? maybe she will get a boob job
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by centuar: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2007
Hnmm na una know-as the lyrics imply- 'Good Girl Gone Bad'- Even Brandy was critiised when she released Aphrodisiac. Admit it the song is tight-on radio, wherever it makes sense. and the video is also cool.You can't remain a child forever!. maybe she'll b a cartoon characterin her next video?
Hell someone even said she's copying Nelly Furtado!
I lov d video o
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by McDreamy: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2007
The song - tight, the video - cool, the chick - HOTT! (but thinner?!)
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by tenik: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
the rhythm is good ,
the video is catchy,
the lyrics doesnt make sense,
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Gamine(f): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
i was at CoolCafe Snack Bar when i heard the Ebutemetta Version

i was laffin for over 5mins

it was hilarious sha!!!!

Kai

Hate to admit

the song has got me!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2007
as far as i'm concerned, all the umbrella video does is highlight rihanna's undersized mammary glands.
It also sounds pretty good. You can dance to it, shake to it (try not to think about its nonexistent meaning)
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Albato(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2007
10 weeks as no 1 on the British singles chart. Its a great achievement for her. Kudos.
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
How come no one's talking about the remix with Chris Brown? IT'S OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by tomiade1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2007
Jay killed the track

i cant remember the last song i heard from jay that didnt bang!!

Greatest MC alive!

its the roc!
Re: Rihanna's Umbrella by MsSunshine(f): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2007
"Umbrella" is my 8 year old daughters favorite song at the moment, I think it´s a cute song about true friendship and Rihanna is OK but not a spectacular artist. She´s just like any other r´n´b artist who I´ve seen and heard so many times before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Play/download: Sean Paul - Other Side Of Love (((smash Hit))) / What Is 042? / Download Gospel Music: Mercy Chinwo - Igwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.