Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:our Great Provider - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:our Great Provider (2168 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:our Great Provider by Joagbaje(m): 8:28am On Feb 10, 2011
Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus .

Everything in the world belongs to God. He has in His custody as inexhaustible and inestimable wealth! It’s however inspiring to understand what the Holy Spirit communicates to us through the Apostle Paul. In our opening scripture, Paul wasn’t making a promise to the Church on God’s behalf. Rather, he had come to know God’s ways of doing things – that He supplies not just some but ALL our needs!

The scripture tells us that all things belong to God. Psalms 24:1 says “The earth is the LORD’S and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Also in Psalms 50:10-11, God tells us: “For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.” Furthermore, He says “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts” (Haggai 2:cool. So what in the world could be too big for Him to give you? In Jeremiah 32:27, He said “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?”

No wonder David said, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). The Apostle Paul, coming to the same realization declared:
“Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21).
Ever before you arrived on the scene, God already made everything you would ever need available to you; He provided them for you richly to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17)!

All your needs have automatically been entered into his supply system! So He’s saying to you today, “Hello child, all things are ready! And I’ve made them available to you; they’re all yours!”

Realize today, and begin to fellowship with the truth that God has made available to you wealth too valuable and excellent to be measured! He has made you a partaker of His inestimable and incorruptible inheritance: “Giving thanks into the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light” (Colossians 1:12)

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the provisions you’ve made available to me in Christ Jesus. Today, I declare that I’m abundantly supplied and all my needs are met according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Everything I require for life and godliness have been made available to me and I’m conscious of this reality today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Psalms 24
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. 
2For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods. 
3Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? 
4He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 
5He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. 
6This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah. 
7Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 
8Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. 
9Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 
10Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Luke 12:22-23
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:our Great Provider by newmi(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Joagbaje
Thanks for this article l find it most interesting reason being that am a product of God's supernatural providing grace and every time l contemplate on this ability and concern of my Father to sufficiently supply my needs, l am ever more humbled and for many years, there are a couple of scriptures amongst others that has consistently inspire me viz:

Psalms 84:11
"For the LORD GOD is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly"

What a thought!

Philippians 4:6
"Be careful for nothing: but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God"
Why?
Because
Psalms 23:1-2
"The LORD is my shepherd; l shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still water"
Isn't it amazing that God gladly takes the responsibility of "making me lie down in green pastures" and "leading me beside the still waters" not troubled waters

that reminds me of Proverbs 12:28
"In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death"

Then Lastly but not the least

Psalms 37:23 (NLT)
"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. HE DELIGHTS IN EVERY DETAIL OF THEIR LIVES"
Every detail! Wow! these are my foundations of solid assurances why l know no matter what l'll always turn out on the vantage side. Am excited about this topic
Thank
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:our Great Provider by mabell: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Newmi
when i read your posts i became more aware of the glory of God, scriptures started rising in me i couldn't help but share

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3 (ASV)

My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalms 121:2-8 (KJV)

wow! this is exciting, God is wonderful
He has provided my safety, my peace
i cannot stumble, why? because he teaches me and shows me the way
God is a great God

Wherefore let no one glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours
1 Cor 3:21-22 (ASV
)

I lack no good thing because the God that i serve has made sure i possess everthing
This is huge
i could go on for ever

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Gospel Music Sales Are Down. / Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? / 6 Reason Not To Be An Atheist (but A Believer [christian]).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.