Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? (3981 Views)

How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business / What ONLINE Or OFFLINE Business Can I Do With N5,000? / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 10:57am On Feb 10, 2011
From my recent findings, starting online Business is cheaper than starting an offline business in Nigeria. How true could this be? Can i start my online business with N5,000 naira?
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
pls do we have business experts here?
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
well yes. with that amount of money, you should go into blogging. N5, 000 can get you a decent host and maybe a free domain if you search harder. My host web4africa will give you both for N6, 000.
Anyway i heard about Fiverr, things you could do for $5. You just need to get a paypal account and make money with it. But i dont know if N5, 000 can be enough to get a paypal account through the back door.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by kinsoko(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
yes you can
there are many online biz you can start with even 2k.just look for sombody tha will put you through.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by kaysmith11: 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
well i would say that your money is quite small but is stil ok cos its capital.wel i will advise you to get a blog,start writing articles in a good niche.and if your articles are good,before you know it you will start getting followers(i got a lot in my first week) which could also be potential customers.you can then place your product or link them to an affiliate that will pay you if they buy his product. Or you can either go into information marketing.
For more info send mail to dynastyimpact03@gmail.com
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ babeearly, Thanks for ur contribution. pls how does the Feverr programe work? do i need a paypal account to get started? pls more light.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2011
Tenx Kinsoko, but can you leave any of the programs here, that one can commence with just N2,000? i think this will help
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by larryhomie(m): 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
For a start, yes. You should write our your plan and hw you want to go about it, believe me it helps. In as much as you are allowed to have big dreams, you should understand that it takes one step at a time. You can't get to US without passing the atlantic ocean. If you think that cyiu can make fast money in no time without working on it, you would notice that after a year you wldnt be able to give account about your life. It could be blogging, selling anything and most big guys today started on the internet without the aim of making money immediately, the first try to own people and once they they achieve that, people even beg them to collect their money. You might need ideas, help and stuff, its all on the web, I cld help though, its nt always about money
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by deola007: 1:05am On Feb 14, 2011
@OP

Yes 5000 will get the job done online but you need to invest more than 5000 - your time.
you may and may not use a website when you start.

In simple steps;

1. find a product people are willing to pay money for: you can use nairaland
where you chat on to find your desired product
2. find the product and package it for your audience; you can find PLR material or cerate one yourself
3. come in contact with your audience. you can get back to Nairaland to promote your product
4. Follow the money: this is what you are looking for init-smiley
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by deola007: 1:09am On Feb 14, 2011
Don't waste your money on Paypal if you are in Nigeria. Nigerians
are not allowed and if you go through the backdoor, your funds may
later be frozen, people will tell you of experiences.

you can always direct people to your Nigerian account,
once you decide to be content with the Nigerian market

Have you spent the 5k? meanwhile, you can also start with wordpress and
till you have te raised enough funds to move to a paid website.

Cheers
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
hmmm, great points. but nobody seems to have given us a product/services that a newbie in the online business world can get started with his N5,000.

Lets keep rolling the ball
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by deola007: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2011
yep, no one will.

That is the capital you will be spending (your intellect). Find a problem people want solved and package
a solution. Nairaland offers that benefit. meanwhile while we are debating on a product.
You won't be surprised someone will arrive soon with a product on making money online with
N5,000

Cheers.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by Chizin(m): 6:27am On Feb 15, 2011
With N5,000 and my proven secrets, you can start Football betting business here in Nigeria and pocket you returns every week. For more info just mail me at: chizin247@gmail.com Mind you this is not one of the junk you've hearing about this. I have tested this multi billion dollar industry since 4 years now. Give it a try, you must laugh this year.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2011
yeah, real solutions/products are rolling in. i hope someone is benefiting somewhere
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by omachi1026(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2011
Yes ooh you can even start up this with only N2, 000 and will attract millions to your bank account. The only thing addition you need genuine Bank account, email account and phone number. If you want the details contact me on oobidike@gmail.com
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by infogenius(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
zogo:

From my recent findings, starting online Business is cheaper than starting an offline business in Nigeria. How true could this be? Can i start my online business with N5,000 naira?

That is true.You can start with N5k

zogo:

pls do we have business experts here?

Yes we do Sir.

babaearly:

well yes. with that amount of money, you should go into blogging. N5, 000 can get you a decent host and maybe a free domain if you search harder. My host web4africa will give you both for N6, 000.

So we will still have to spend more than N5k.

babaearly:

Anyway i heard about Fiverr, things you could do for $5. You just need to get a paypal account and make money with it. But i dont know if N5, 000 can be enough to get a paypal account through the back door.

With paypal, N5k is a not possible.

larryhomie:

For a start, yes. You should write our your plan and hw you want to go about it, believe me it helps. In as much as you are allowed to have big dreams, you should understand that it takes one step at a time. You can't get to US without passing the atlantic ocean. If you think that cyiu can make fast money in no time without working on it, you would notice that after a year you wldnt be able to give account about your life.

Very correct

larryhomie:

It could be blogging, selling anything and most big guys today started on the internet without the aim of making money immediately, the first try to own people and once they they achieve that, people even beg them to collect their money. You might need ideas, help and stuff, its all on the web, I cld help though, its nt always about money

That is just a shot.Win people and the rest is history.Lovely post.

zogo:

hmmm, great points. but nobody seems to have given us a product/services that a newbie in the online business world can get started with his N5,000.

Lets keep rolling the ball

Stay tuned as I have ideas that works.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by infogenius(m): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2011
deola007:

@OP

Yes 5000 will get the job done online but you need to invest more than 5000 - your time.
you may and may not use a website when you start.

In simple steps;

1. find a product people are willing to pay money for: you can use nairaland
where you chat on to find your desired product
2. find the product and package it for your audience; you can find PLR material or cerate one yourself
3. come in contact with your audience. you can get back to Nairaland to promote your product
4. Follow the money: this is what you are looking for init-smiley

This is close and you can still spend less than N5k.

deola007:

yep, no one will.

That is the capital you will be spending (your intellect). Find a problem people want solved and package
a solution.

Number one.Find a need in the market place.

deola007:

Nairaland offers that benefit. meanwhile while we are debating on a product.
You won't be surprised someone will arrive soon with a product on making money online with
N5,000

Cheers.

If I am not mistaken,this is Zogo's idea and we shall help him.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2011
infogenius:

So we will still have to spend more than N5k.

With paypal, N5k is a not possible.

Though i dont endorse the backdoor paypal thing, but if you are a risk taker you can do it, if your business is legit. for example Fiverr.com.

And then who says N5, 000 is not enough to get a backdoor paypal account? You just need $10. Just found this out.
$10 is around the range of N1, 500 right and this is needed to get  Virtual credit card to verify your account.

I already prepared a post on this and i'll be publishing it soon, maybe.

And secondly, if you need a very decent host (5gb Diskspace, 51GB bandwidth!), what is N1, 000 to N5k? I recommend web4africa if you want a great host to start blogging. That bandwidth can withstand high influx of traffic and its monthly.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2011
@ Infogenus tenx for tuning in. @ Babearly, do i need a paid host to do blogging? what about pre-hosted blogs, like google's blogger?
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by deola007: 9:28am On Feb 16, 2011
if you can do a research of businesses you can start with 5k, write about it, what you will need and
you can package it into an ebook and sell you may and may not even need a website or blog to sell it.
having it will only enhance your chances of selling.

You can use blogger,wordpress but you have to be careful of their rules and regulations. On Paypal
again i will say there are lots of ways Nigerians are getting around to register but
Paypal/blogger/wordpress are making a lot of money from people violating their terms and services.

I have people have made Thousands of dollars only for Payppal to remind them of their terms when you
want to withdraw. Pls Google online for more info about this issue.
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by clicknbank: 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hello Nigerians,
Yea, you can start online business with N5000. A site has just been launched to guide you on businesses online that you can with as small as N5000, like blogging, domain biz.

You can get your hands on business guide that help you start with N5000 @

http://cheapinfo.in/?cat=15
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by infogenius(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
babaearly:

Though i dont endorse the backdoor paypal thing, but if you are a risk taker you can do it, if your business is legit. for example Fiverr.com.

Ok for us instead of paypal wahala 1kjobsonline.com can get us started

babaearly:

And then who says N5, 000 is not enough to get a backdoor paypal account? You just need $10. Just found this out.$10 is around the range of N1, 500 right and this is needed to get  Virtual credit card to verify your account.

One might run into a lot of problems as deola007 has stated.

babaearly:

I already prepared a post on this and i'll be publishing it soon, maybe.

We dey wait.

babaearly:

And secondly, if you need a very decent host (5gb Diskspace, 51GB bandwidth!), what is N1, 000 to N5k? I recommend web4africa if you want a great host to start blogging. That bandwidth can withstand high influx of traffic and its monthly.

I just checked the site out.Have you used them before? It will be solid for blogging and building a sustainable business online.Thanks for the info

zogo:

@ Infogenus tenx for tuning in. @ Babearly, do i need a paid host to do blogging? what about pre-hosted blogs, like google's blogger?

To be candid, a paid host is clearly better.It is yours.A friend of mine have had his blogger blogs deleted by google. You have more control of your business using a paid host.You also get the best of Word press blogs using a paid host.Please get a paid host.

deola007:

if you can do a research of businesses you can start with 5k, write about it, what you will need and
you can package it into an ebook and sell you may and may not even need a website or blog to sell it.
having it will only enhance your chances of selling.

You can use blogger,wordpress but you have to be careful of their rules and regulations. On Paypal
again i will say there are lots of ways Nigerians are getting around to register but
Paypal/blogger/wordpress are making a lot of money from people violating their terms and services.

I have people have made Thousands of dollars only for Payppal to remind them of their terms when you
want to withdraw. Pls Google online for more info about this issue.

You are connected my brother!
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by skillmyman(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2011
Depending on the business plan, 5,000.00 can initate an online business but will not sustain it.

to start a business, you need to learn the basics and those basics have been created into 26 videos and tutorials on http://www.makingcoolmoneyonline.com
Re: Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? by zogo(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2011
yeah, real solutions are rolling in.

As a newbie, i think you really need to learn the ropes, then follow mentors and thier footprints. And learn to START! Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Business Can You Do With 100,000 Or 150,000 Naira / Fidelity Bank High Yield Savings Account Is A Scam / Imported (new Zealand ) Stone Coated Roofing Sheets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.