Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. (3465 Views)

Is Easter A Pagan Holiday? / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Christmas was illegal in the US until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday. But it has been rebranding and made a Holy day in Christianity.

Jeremiah 10:3-5
For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
And till today true Isrealites still celebrate this pagan feast. And you are wondering where our problems are coming from?

#AwakeOIsrael

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by chatinent: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
You are so right. I hope you don't find anything wrong with birthdays. Do you?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:
You are so right.
I hope you don't find anything wrong with birthdays. Do you?

Birthday too is a pagan custom. Not for Isrealites.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by chatinent: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
donnie:

Birthday too is a pagan custom. Not for Isrealites.
You are so right and learned. Do you think Israel are still the 'God's own people' today?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Nbotee(m): 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
Some of U are jus dafts... Christian's replaced d pagan holiday with a Christian one so what? Is d holiday used to celebrate an pagan deity now?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

You are so right and learned.
Do you think Israel are still the 'God's own people' today?

It depends on who you're referring to as Israel. Because those in the so-called state of Israel are not the people of the book.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Karanka: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
OP,most cultures you see today have roots one way or the other with other cultures.
What you eat,what you wear and even the language you speak all have influences from other cultures.
Why do you now base most of your castigations on Christianity alone?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Mrlucky81(m): 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
This Op is no doubt a Jehovah witness member
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
Karanka:
OP,most cultures you see today have roots one way or the other with other cultures.
What you eat,what you wear and even the language you speak all have influences from other cultures.
Why do you now base most of your castigations on Christianity alone?

Because most of our people on the continent are Christians. Besides, religion has destroyed our people. All of them are from Satan.
We were warned not to adopt the cultures of other nations but we disobeyed and have been under the curses since. There are cultures which come from the laws and statutes given to us by YAH. We abandoned them and followed pagan customs.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mrlucky81:

There they go again, instead of acknowledging their sin and repenting, they try to discredit the OP.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 1:15am On Aug 02, 2020
Nbotee:
Some of U are jus dafts... Christian's replaced d pagan holiday with a Christian one so what? Is d holiday used to celebrate an pagan deity now?

O yes it is... they only decorated the ancient pagan festival with Christian images to deceive the gullible. It's still a pagan holiday. Isn't Christianity itself a pagan religion? Or didn't they see Hebrew customs and Holy Days which YAH commanded to follow? Why the pagan ones?

Q- Who was born on DEC 25th
A. Nimrod the Babylonian Sun-god

Q- Who is the so-called santa clause?
A- Nimrod the Babylonian Sun-god

I will not go into details of the Christmas tree custom, and santa clause and how its all ancient pagan practice... At least not yet.

But I'm sure by now you can clearly see who is daft.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Mrlucky81(m): 8:19am On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:

There they go again, instead of acknowledging their sin and repenting, they try to discredit the OP.

Sin and repenting you say?

So celebrating the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ is a sin?

Your head no balance
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2020
Mrlucky81:

Your head no balance

Who asked you to celebrate his birth? That's a pagan custom. Did he or any of the apostles give you that commandment?
The Holy days YAH gave, you refuse to observe them, but you love pagan feasts and are unwilling to let them go.
It's time to REPENT.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:

Whoa asked you to celebrate his birth. Did he or any of the apostles give you that commandment?
The Holy days YAH gave, you refuse to observe them, but you love pagan feasts and are unwilling to let them go.
It's time to REPENT.
Please call it parties. Pagan parties that can not be found in the scriptures grin

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2020
EliteBiz:

Please call it parties. Pagan parties that can not be found in the scriptures grin

My brother... Today they are off to church for more idolatry.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:

My brother... Today they are off to church for more idolatry.
Its sad. Those who will hear the truth will hear.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by chatinent: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2020
Nbotee:
Much like reconstructing a shrine to a church and with Armadioha kept one side inside the church. Tell me what relevance is Santa Claus with Christianity. Such a big clause! No pun intended.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by chatinent: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2020
Mrlucky81:

Your head no balance
Jesus did not request his birth be celebrated. In fact, he stressed more emphasis on his death. Do you know what it means for us?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Mrlucky81(m): 10:13am On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:

Who asked you to celebrate his birth? That's a pagan custom. Did he or any of the apostles give you that commandment?
It's time to REPENT.

You do celebrate your birthday and other's birthday right?
So if i may ask, you asked you to celebrate yours or other people's own own?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Mrlucky81(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

Jesus did not request his birth be celebrated. In fact, he stressed more emphasis on his death. Do you know what it means for us?

Yes, no argues here
He made so much emphasis on his death which i'm very aware of
Both the coming of Jesus (birth) was the greatest news for every christian faithful
So setting aside a particular day to celebrate Him is now a sin?
Why do we have Posthumous then
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2020
Mrlucky81:

You do celebrate your birthday and other's birthday right?
So if i may ask, you asked you to celebrate yours or other people's own own?

Since I learned the truth, I don't celebrate my birthday or any other person's.
Not only is it a pagan practice, I see it as a kind of idolatry.... a time when folks want the whole world to focus on them.
Coupled with the strife, envy, greed and all manner of wickedness these birthdays evoke. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
CLAIM: A social media post circulating online claims that “Christmas was illegal in the U.S. until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The details of this post are incorrect. Though Christmas was not as widely celebrated in the early 1800s, it was not illegal throughout the country. However, one colony did make it illegal to celebrate Christmas in 1659.

THE FACTS: The post circulating on Facebook carries a photo of what purports to be a “PUBLICK NOTICE” stating that the observation of Christmas has been deemed a sacrilege and detailing practices, including exchanging gifts, dressing in fine clothing and feasting, that have been forbidden. “The claim is bogus,” Stephen Nissenbaum, author of “The Battle for Christmas,” told The Associated Press. However, he noted, there was one caveat: The Massachusetts-Bay Colony ordinance of 1659, which made it illegal to celebrate Christmas in that specific colony.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2739050002

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by chatinent: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mrlucky81:

Yes, no argues here
He made so much emphasis on his death which i'm very aware of
Both the coming of Jesus (birth) was the greatest news for every christian faithful
So setting aside a particular day to celebrate Him is now a sin?
Why do we have Posthumous then
The word 'posthumous' is from the seventeenth century from Latin. It was accorded a meaning to what the beliefs of those who coined the words were.
It may interest you to know Paul, Jesus' apostles and others first century Christians did not celebrate Jesus' birth. In fact, birthday celebrations emanated from Babylon -- the world empire of false religion.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
LordReed:
CLAIM: A social media post circulating online claims that “Christmas was illegal in the U.S. until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The details of this post are incorrect. Though Christmas was not as widely celebrated in the early 1800s, it was not illegal throughout the country. However, one colony did make it illegal to celebrate Christmas in 1659.

THE FACTS: The post circulating on Facebook carries a photo of what purports to be a “PUBLICK NOTICE” stating that the observation of Christmas has been deemed a sacrilege and detailing practices, including exchanging gifts, dressing in fine clothing and feasting, that have been forbidden. “The claim is bogus,” Stephen Nissenbaum, author of “The Battle for Christmas,” told The Associated Press
. However, he noted, there was one caveat: The Massachusetts-Bay Colony ordinance of 1659, which made it illegal to celebrate Christmas in that specific colony.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2739050002

I've seen that before. Christmas is big business and it is greatly supported by the occult. They will fight to protect it with all they've got.

I look at this the same way I look at their desperate attempt to make Vaccines the only way out of this pandemic. Anyone, including doctors who speak of a cure is vilified and they attempt to shut them down.. This is pure witchcraft they have put the whole world under.

Corona virus is said to have been found in pigs. Have you heard about any regulations or restrictions against pig sales or production? Why? The billionaires behind it of course! Pork is also well protected by the occult who desire to pollute this world, keeping it under their influence perpetually.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:
Christmas was illegal in the US until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday. But it has been rebranding and made a Holy day in Christianity.
Jeremiah 10:3-5
For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

MuttleyLaff:
Why you can be told not to necessarily call yourself a Catholic aside that the term doesn't exist in the Bible is because God is denomination-agnostic, there is no denomination in heaven, lol. There is nothing like Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, Protestant, Aladura, MFM, KICC, RCCG, Winners, Deeper Life, Penterascals, Christ Embassy, etcetera in heaven or better still the Kingdom of God, lol

False equivalence. Has pentecost, in light of what happened in the upper room, any specified date, that is chosen for that historic day and eventful moment to be remembered and/or celebrated ni? By the way, who in their right senses, goes around referring himself/herself as Penterascals/pentecostals sef anyway?

The sort of nonsense that must stop this 2019 o is rantings and ravings such as like this one. Why havent you wondered, why isnt any other date like, Nov 25th, Oct 25th, Sept 25th, Jan 25th or even sef any other day of month X not picked or selected for celebration. Why particularly is the day December 25th chosen for selection as Jesus' birthdate, lol?

If you accept and agree to the use of the Bible to validate or invalidate any religious practice, based upon "biblical theology" then why havent you considered that, the deliberate omission of the exact date of our Lord and Savior, Son of God, Jesus Christ's birth day, must have by divine providence, been done on purpose, hmm? What afterall is "biblical theology"? Isnt it the study of God from the Bible, hmm? If so, then tell where from your studying God in the bible, it says, to pick and/or select a date, to celebrate the birth and/or death of our Lord and Savior, Son of God, Jesus Christ, lol, hmmm?

The birth and/or death of our Lord and Savior, Son of God, Jesus Christ is a thing to be acknowledged, valued, appreciated, celebrated and be thankful of, not just only on Christmas day, but it should be a daily, everyday affair. Everyday is a day to rejoice.

It is true, not many know the background, that the first 300 years of what we know as Christianity, there wasnt any Christmas (i.e. no Christ's mass.) It just never existed, it wasn't so. It actually was Roman Emperor, Constantine who commandeered the pagan festival of Saturnalia to be converted and used to celebrate the birth of Christ, hence the December 25th that we have that pretends to be Jesus’ birthday, lol. Why didnt Fada Oluoma, look up on the internet first, what went on during the December 17-25 week long pagan feast, lol, holiday celebration of Saturnalia, lol and compare with Christmas festive period activites today, lol?

MuttleyLaff:
jamesid\29, you want precise facts, right? OK then, let's go straightaway there, lol. First and foremost, jamesid\29, you err, when you typed, that there was no official festivity associated with them. jamesid\29, c'mon now, what about all these Christmas paraphernalia? Are they too, like Christmas tree, the decorations, the burning fire yule log etcetera, devoid of pagan influence too, lol?

While its true, others, previously before Constantine, have been romancing with the idea of picking a day for the celebration of Jesus' birth, it actually was Roman Emperor, Constantine who commandeered the pagan festival of Saturnalia to be converted and used to celebrate the birth of Christ, hence the December 25th that we have that pretends to be Jesus’ birthday, lol. It is a fact, that, before the year 336 AD, there is no record of December 25th being observed as the birth of Jesus, in Rome. The church in Rome began formally celebrating Christmas on December 25 in 336, during the reign of the emperor Constantine.

Constantine, having made Christianity, effectively the state religion of the empire, chose this date December 25th, as part of a political move to weaken the established popular pagan celebrations and Roman festival, the December 17-25 week long pagan feast, called the Saturnalia, that's characterised with people feasting and exchanging gifts with each other. Incidentally, also December 25th, is the birthday of the Indo-European deity Mithra, a god of light and loyalty and at that time, was increasingly achieving cult status with the Roman soldiers.

Starting on December 17 and lasting seven days, Saturn, the Roman god of agriculture, is being honored, lol, then starting on December 25 and lasting through January 1, commemorates the birth of Mithras, the Persian god of light, lol, but Constantine merged these two traditions from these festivals with the Nativity story in the Bible and the rest is history on how Christmas was born, lol.

I am saying this, in the real sense of the word, it was Constantine who commissioned, the building of the Church of the Nativity on a spot in Bethlehem assumed to be the exact birthplace of Christ. Check out the below excerpt, on who then, first made Christmas official and declared December 25th a civic holiday, lol.

"While there is one record of Christmas being celebrated in Antioch (Turkey) on December 25 in the middle of the second century, there is no record of its being observed on that date in Rome until the year 336 AD. In 350 AD Pope Julius I declared December 25 the official date and in 529 AD Emperor Justinian declared Christmas a civic holiday. Further legislation by the Council of Tours in 567 AD officially made Advent a period of fasting and preparation; the time from Christmas to Epiphany (the twelve days of Christmas) was also declared part of the festive season"
Excerpt from: https://www.lnstar.com/mall/main-areas/xmas-not-first-choice.htm

jamesid\29, in your comments, you said, they are your own personal opinion, that "it's unclear as to when Christ was born as the Bible doesn't give us much information and it's also true that the early church didn't record celebrating the birth of Christ".

OK, let's go there on this comment too, lol. Lets separate facts from opinions but I'll start first, by reproducing here a quote of mine pasted here, taken from one of my posts on another thread

jamesid\29, I think, "the elephant in the room" is what you called what's just being touched in the above quote, lol.

Opinions change, but facts don't, they never do jamesid\29, because they're based on reality. jamesid\29, lol, listen, if I should it break down, and by that, I mean embark to speak or write in detail about how Jesus was born in September/October, how one gets to know what month Jesus was conceived etcetera for you, ol'boy, your personal opinion(s), in the face of the presented facts, and there are a sizeable amount of these facts, will expressly change ooo and you'll pronto withdraw them, lol, yet, I am, all for, let sleeping dogs lie and not rocking the table, not discuss the matter any further, lol.

MuttleyLaff:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10782207_fbimg1576246213998_jpeg2a43726ef99279e383560a01f1c086a3
Make I no fumble, let me siddon here with miguard dey watch from gatehouse vantage point & bin salute welcome brilliant people as dem dey waka waka pass go upandan the street, lol

Shepherds looking after their sheep in the field (i.e. Luke 2:16-17)

There is no exact number of the visiting wise men available, as this info weren't given in the Bible, so the answer is unknown number of wise men visited Jesus, and three out their unknown numbers gave Him gifts.

He received three gifts, namely Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

Jesus was somewhere/anywhere up to two years old. Even, King Herod too, isnt sure, which is why he commanded babies from age zero up to 2 years old to be slaughtered

Ahahahah. Interestingly and fyi, the wise men from the East, were in fact, magicians (i.e. magi) lol. Remember Daniel was promoted to be boss of a bunch of them Magi by King Nebuchadnezzar, lol

Here's another fyi, that many arent aware of and that is concerning Job, did you know that, Job, was by the Bible, said to be that man, the greatest of all the sons of the East, lol?.

You're not alone. December 25th is just like every other day to me, for me and everyone in our household. You'll soon have an idea why, if you continue reading on and read on to the end, lol

Slim\Brawnie, you say, no one knows the exact date of Jesus' birth, but with evidences from scripture we are able to pin it down to sometime and somewhere in the month of September, lol. He, as a matter of fact, was born in the month of September, Slim\Brawnie, lol.

The shepherds who had gone to visit him in the manger, would have done so in the month of September/October, lol.

[img]https://s5/images/DancingOnOct31Hallowen.gif[/img]

ee\dimo, Slim\Brawnie and Young\Lionken, what do you each think Nimrod means in Hebrew. Nimrod, fyi ee\dimo, Slim\Brawnie and Young\Lionken, is an archetype of Satan, lol and as a matter of fact, December 25th is his birthday, and so by extension and even proxy, Satan's birthday actually it is too December 25th, lol. I am sensing you saying, but God created Satan long before our calendar days ever got going, lol. Yeah, that is true and you'll be right but remember Nimrod, that Nimrod is an archetype of Satan, hmm? lol.

The bad and unsavoury taste in the mouth doesnt stop there, Satan even covets the Sabbath day, by going after it, hence we have Saturday (i.e. Saturn's day, lol)

Every day is a day to celebrate the birth/death of our Lord and Savior, the Son of God Jesus Christ. It is not only on Christmas day. Christmas day was originally a Pagan festival. Constraint of time and space would not allow me to open up here the can of worms of Christmas day celebration proper and to spill out its ugly contents.

Let's go back a step or two, to see how much of a liar Satan is and to take a look at one of Satan's diversionary tactics. We are going to delve on to October 31st, lol. Yeah, spill the beans on Halloween, baby, lol. Satan will want to give you a false sense of security, by distracting any suspicious attention away from December 25 and diverting the attention on to October 31st, make you believe that October 31st is Satan's birthday and that December 25th is Jesus', lol.

ee\dimo, Slim\Brawnie and Young\Lionken, yeah, everyday is Satan's day on this earth, until rapture, just like Olugbenga1234 has rightly above put it, but every day is a day, the Lord has made too and so we should rejoice and be glad in every single day, everyday, and not just one day whether its October 31st, December 25th or whatever day it is set aside for "celebration." The steadfast love of God never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, every day, great is His faithfulness, so why cant we celebrate everyday, instead of settling for just one day, a day like just particularly only December 25th, lol, erhn? Have you ever wondered why the powers that be selected December 25th and not November 25th, October 25th, September 25th, January 25th etcetera, hmmm, lol?

"5In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.
6Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God.
10So why do you condemn another believer? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
"
- Romans 14:5-6 & 10

Yep, ee\dimo, Slim\Brawnie and Young\Lionken, we are cognisance of Romans 14:5-6 & 10 above, which is why no one is being judged or condemned for celebrating Jesus on December 25th, neither is anyone being judge or condemned for not joing in celebrating Jesus on December 25th, but just are merely giving a perspective view on some behind the scene and not usually discussed camouflaged real facts of December 25th, lol. Just gave a snapshot bird's-eye view, as in meaning, just the bones without the meat on, lol.

Happy festive period y'all, lol
cc: Finally\Dead, Daejo\young, especially sister Bodydialect\57 lol
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
donnie:
I've seen that before. Christmas is big business and it is greatly supported by the occult. They will fight to protect it with all they've got.

I look at this the same way I look at their desperate attempt to make Vaccines the only way out of this pandemic. Anyone, including doctors who speak of a cure is vilified and they attempt to shut them down.. This is pure witchcraft they have put the whole world under.

Corona virus is said to have been found in pigs. Heard about any regulations or restrictions against pig sales or production. Why? The billionaires behind it of course! Pork is also well protected by the occult who desire to pollute this world, keeping it under there influence perpetually.

happney65:
This guy is an idiot..Ghana that gave a shoot at sight to Herdsmen bearing Arms..
Ohhh i need to start rearing Pigs now in the very centre of Oja Oba..No story..

donnie:
Way to go bro... I'm already there. Pork is a much healthier protein source than beef.
Hypocrite & duplicitous! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 12:52am On Aug 03, 2020
Mrlucky81:

He's an Israelite/Hebrew, although the JW are correct about not celebrating vain holidays created by man. The Passover is the only holiday to be celebrated by the Hebrews.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:03am On Aug 03, 2020
Mrlucky81:
There are countless believers who dont celebrate Christmas, Easter, birthdays or whatnot

khia:
He's an Israelite/Hebrew ...
He is a black skinned African, masquerading as an Israelite/Hebrew

khia:
although the JW are correct about not celebrating vain holidays created by man.
Any form of heathenism, is not good for a believer's health.

khia:
The Passover is the only holiday to be celebrated by the Hebrews.
Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 1:12am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
There are countless believers who dont celebrate Christmas, Easter, birthdays or whatnot

Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated?

Exodus, chapter 12 verse 18.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 1:14am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Hypocrite & duplicitous! angry angry angry

Look at them... witches digging up whatever it is they can find. Then I was still in the idolatrous religion called Christianity. REPENT.

I closed a thriving pork business and turned a catfish farm into a tilapia farm as soon as I came into the truth.

SHAME!!! Look for something else. grin
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:17am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
Exodus, chapter 12 verse 18.
I will re-ask the question. Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel Death Taught Me A Lesson About Islam / Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? / Top 10 Yoruba Names You Never Guessed Were Arabic Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.