Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? (3466 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
"In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners" - Jonathon Miller.
I've found this to be true.
I don't know if anyone can give reasons why it is so.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by AtheistD(m): 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
kwangi: "In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners" - Jonathon Miller.

Because of the damage religion does by these practitioners.

As long as religion brings forth good things it will have a role in society. If it brings forth the evil we witness on a daily basis then I would prefer to address these issues.

Think of religion today being a placebo pill filled with a poisonous substance. It might solve one or two isues but it creates a whole new set of problems that are much more dangerous.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Antivirus92(m): 4:36am On Dec 05, 2012
They have no other option than to be crying foul! People with the highest rate of suicide in the western world are atheists. They get frustrated easily.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Antivirus92(m): 4:39am On Dec 05, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Because of the damage religion does by these practitioners.

As long as religion brings forth good things it will have a role in society. If it brings forth the evil we witness on a daily basis then I would prefer to address these issues.

Think of religion today being a placebo pill filled with a poisonous substance. It might solve one or two isues but it creates a whole new set of problems that are much more dangerous.
imagine the world with religion and crime is still very high, then imagine what it would have been like without religion
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by saintvc(m): 7:46am On Dec 05, 2012
They are three degrees of fools. A big fool is one who doesnt know and doesnt know that he doesnt know and doesnt want to know.

A bigger fool is one who displays his foolishnes publicly

a biggest fool persist in his foolly and convince others to acept their foolishnes

unfortunately, atheist posses three of the them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2012
saintvc: They are three degrees of fools. A big fool is one who doesnt know and doesnt know that he doesnt know and doesnt want to know.

a biggest fool persist in his foolly and convince others to acept their foolishnes

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2012
saintvc: They are three degrees of fools. A big fool is one who doesnt know and doesnt know that he doesnt know and doesnt want to know.

Hmmm.. Sounds more like Oyedepo and his winner mugus..
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 05, 2012
kwangi: "In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners" - Jonathon Miller.
Seriously? Lol...

In the same vein, those who aren't homosexual take homosexuality more serious than the practitioner, no?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by AtheistD(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Xtians seem to take Islam more seriously than the practitioners....no?? cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2012
Non-tithers seem to take tithing more serious than the practitioners, no?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Bella3(f): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2012

laugh wan scatter my head!
10000 likes!grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by advocate666: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2012

And this is the christian intelligence?
Pathetic how hollow statements trip these people.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by manmustwac(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Antivirus92: They have no other option than to be crying foul! People with the highest rate of suicide in the western world are atheists. They get frustrated easily.
Because we don't have any (imaginary) diety to look up to when passing through tough times we kill ourselves due to frustration?Source please
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by UyiIredia(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2012
Some atheists are hell bent on seeing religion kicked out of this world but I doubt that will ever happen.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Some atheists are hell bent on seeing religion kicked out of this world but I doubt that will ever happen.
Some religionists are heaven bent on seeing atheism kicked out of this world, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
manmustwac: Because we don't have any (imaginary) diety to look up to when passing through tough times we kill ourselves due to frustration?Source please

Soon, it will be only atheists commit suicide and murder.. Lolz.. These ppl no go kee person..
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2012

I am wondering who the bigger fool is. The one that buys the private jets or the ones whose tithes were used to purchace the private jets.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by UyiIredia(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Some religionists are heaven bent on seeing atheism kicked out of this world, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Okay. You"ve made your point now go to sleep.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. You"ve made your point now go to sleep.
Dats all?
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by AtheistD(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Some atheists are hell bent on seeing religion kicked out of this world but I doubt that will ever happen.

You are 100% right that religion will always be a part of humanity. That does not guarantee that the Abrahamic faiths will be around in 100 years time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Hmmm.. Sounds more like Oyedepo and his winner mugus..
Lol. But you know religion is the opium of the masses.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 06, 2012
advocate666:

And this is the christian intelligence?
Pathetic how hollow statements trip these people.
Calm down! What's with the paranoia?
I'm not even a christian. Why the hurry to deride christians? There are hundreds of religions you could have attacked.
And you fall on the opposite side of this story since you are a satanist! Or is satanism the same thing as atheism to you?
I hope you are not that confused my brother?
I was curious about the issue hence this topic.
BTW, explain christian intelligence?
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 06, 2012
Why are always quick to think christianity whenever religion is mentioned?
Even the satanist guy got it all confused!
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 06, 2012
kwangi: Why are always quick to think christianity whenever religion is mentioned?
Even the satanist guy got it all confused!

Wrong. The Satanist guy jumped the gun.

Unfortuantely, Satanist doesnt always equate to atheists
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wrong. The Satanist guy jumped the gun.

Unfortuantely, Satanist doesnt always equate to atheists
Ok. Satanism never equates Atheism.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2012
kwangi: Ok. Satanism never equates Atheism.

There are satanists that are atheists. They dont believe in Satan as a being.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

There are satanists that are atheists. They dont believe in Satan as a being.
I perfectly understand satanism. But that does not change anything.
You can't be religious and be an atheist at the same time bro.
What's your definition of religion? And god?
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2012
kwangi: I perfectly understand satanism. But that does not change anything.
You can't be religious and be an atheist at the same time bro.
What's your definition of religion? And god?

There are atheist Buddhists.

Religion is not tied to god.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Atheist Buddhists? Didn't know that.
How do they explain themselves?
Religion is not tied to (a) god(s)?
I foresaw all these, that's why I asked what your definition of religion and god is.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
kwangi: Atheist Buddhists? Didn't know that.
How do they explain themselves?
Religion is not tied to (a) god(s)?
I foresaw all these, that's why I asked what your definition of religion and god is.

Use the dictionary. Religion is a word
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

Use the dictionary. Religion is a word
Lol. Dude you're funny.
But, it's okay. I think I've made my point.
Re: Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
kwangi: Lol. Dude you're funny.
But, it's okay. I think I've made my point.

What was your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Yoruba Names You Never Guessed Were Arabic Names / Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? / Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.