Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (40220 Views)

A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0 / My Board Games In Vb 6.0 / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2009
"select * from <Ur Table Name > where ID=" & IDNUmber_Supplied_By_The User

Eg
Select * from <Ur Table Name> Where ID=9
Then u now pass it to ur code.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 05, 2009
who can tell me what to design using VB
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by zmovement(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2009
For a microfinance banking application (for instance), how can you secure the MS Access Database Tables(backend) to ensure that they cannot be extracted or viewed by any other than the systems administrator himself/herself, using the already embedded password control on the app?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by StanIyke(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2009
4 example,if i shud generate a numba wit d Rndmize functn n link it 2 dbase{access}, if i wnt d numba generatd b d pass as in d pasword 2 view d dbase files. How do i get 2 code it. Tnx. I aw8 ur rply. God bless
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by lekszile: 10:18am On May 11, 2009
noble rex:

who can tell me what to design using VB

Design a program to can covert a human written text to an electronic format.

zmovement:

For a microfinance banking application (for instance), how can you secure the MS Access Database Tables(backend) to ensure that they cannot be extracted or viewed by any other than the systems administrator himself/herself, using the already embedded password control on the app?
In the first place you should not use MS Access.
Choose either SQL Server or MySQL.

Stan Iyke:

4 example,if i shud generate a numba wit d Rndmize functn n link it 2 dbase{access}, if i wnt d numba generatd b d pass as in d pasword 2 view d dbase files. How do i get 2 code it. Tnx. I aw8 ur rply. God bless

Use RND Keyword
msgbox int(RND*900000)+1
will give u numbers from 1-900000

I hope you know code to put it into database.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by StanIyke(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2009
How do i code it in d dbase. Bsids, how cn i make dis posible in vb 6, design a program that wil cal any phone number inputed in to the textbox provided. Plz which of the components is needed here. I have limited time 2 finish this. Tnx 4 ur undastandin. God bless. SHALOM!
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2009
Please make your questions clear.
Do u need to simulate sms program or to write a sms based program to send sms to the selected numbers?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by dami9ja(m): 3:57am On May 20, 2009
Hello, am trying to create a blinking cross. I used 4 label boxes 2 create the cross. Now, i want d top 2 1st blink followed by d ryt, then the bottom n finally the left. They shud all b invisible when the program is run. The problem am having is making the top lablel blink and stop,followed by the ryt and so on, so that a cross is formed. Will appreciate it if u could help me with the code. Tanx
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2009
If you help me by posting the code then it will enable me easily to complete what u need fastly.
Please do post the code and specify the area you are having problems.

Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by dami9ja(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2009
'I started by making d 4 lbls' bkcolor blink randomly

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
label1.Backcolor = qbcolor(rnd*15)
label2.Backcolor = qbcolor(rnd*10)
label3.Backcolor = qbcolor(rnd*14)
label4.Backcolor = qbcolor(rnd*9)

'i place a progressbar 2 able 2 control d color, don't know if it is right sha,

Pb.Value=Pb.Value + 1
If Pb.Value = 20 Then
label1.Backcolor = vbgreen
End If
If Pb.Value = 30 Then
label2.Backcolor = vbgreen
End If
If Pb.Value = 40 Then
label3.Backcolor = vbgreen
End If
If Pb.Value = 50 Then
label4.Backcolor = vbgreen
End If
End Sub

>>this is the code,when i run it only label1 changes 2 green while the rest labels continue blinking, Plz help me correct/re-write,if necessary, to a better/shorter code. Hope u undastand what am trying to do now.

Thanks sir.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2009
I will look at it and get back to you
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2009
Hi mr Lucky i am new to this forum, i have been going through some of the post in the vb6 section of this forum, and i have seen how you have been responding to almost all the question in the section, i pray God rewards you abundantly.
My question is concerning Encrpytion/decryptiom of a program. You see am Building a program using vb6 and mysql as the backend. The program is on Staffdatabase/StaffSalary, so i call it StaffEstablishment(i.e. my database). the program is almost at it concluding part, but what is holding me and i dont have an idea on how to go about it, is how to secure and saveguard the program. By this i mean i want to write a CODE that will generate some keys in form of numbers and alphabets that most be provided when installing the program in order for the program to run as a full version otherwise it will only be use as a Demo with some restriction in accessing and using some forms and data, and also with time constrain, in which when using it as a Demo you will have a very limited time to use it, like say one month after which if you do not provide the keys the software will block you from even loggin in. Pls help me i dont know how to start this code i would have show you the sample. But for the user name and password i have already created some users and thier password. thanks in advance. shocked
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:16am On May 24, 2009
There are two ways; You can handle it just the way Microsoft Handles their Office 2003 or below;
The key series will be hard coded into the software which will be given by you as soon as the tool is purchased.
Which means you can use the same sofware in more than million places without buying it again.

In any case the if key<>'738373837BGchd' then demo else 'Original Version'
You can use system date to track the demo expiry with checks against cheating(Changing the system date).

The one I prefer is to generate the key from the system and ask the user to use that code and activate it from Internet or send it to you while you send them back their activation code. In this case you build number of users that can use the tool.

Which mean you cannot install the software to another system without obtaining permission from you.

Hope you can now write the code?
In this case you will save information abt the system that has activated the software from a particular registered user from a particular domain.
Tracking will be easy.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by dami9ja(m): 7:30am On May 24, 2009
@luckc0, I anticipate ur response to my question sir!
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by chawai: 11:00am On May 25, 2009
luckyCO:

There are two ways; You can handle it just the way Microsoft Handles their Office 2003 or below;
The key series will be hard coded into the software which will be given by you as soon as the tool is purchased.
Which means you can use the same sofware in more than million places without buying it again.

You can use system date to track the demo expiry with checks against cheating(Changing the system date).

The one I prefer is to generate the key from the system and ask the user to use that code and activate it from Internet or send it to you while you send them back their activation code. In this case you build number of users that can use the tool.

Which mean you cannot install the software to another system without obtaining permission from you.

In this case you will save information abt the system that has activated the software from a particular registered user from a particular domain.
Tracking will be easy.

Hi Mr Lucky thank you very much for your respond to my question, as you have suggested i want to use the system and generate the keys so the user will contact me and get the code. But the problem i dont know how to write the CODE that will generate keys. So pls will you? kindly help me with the CODE that will generate the keys and how i can link it with program. As i have said am using vb6 and mysql as backend with seagate Crystal report as my reporting tools.     thank you very much in advance. shocked
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2009
luckyCO:

Tracking will be easy.

Hi Mr Lucky thank you very much for your respond to my question, as you have suggested i want to use the system and generate the keys so the user will contact me and get the code. But the problem i dont know how to write the CODE that will generate keys. So pls will you? kindly help me with the CODE that will generate the keys and how i can link it with program. As i have said am using vb6 and mysql as backend with seagate Crystal report as my reporting tools. Am sorry to have posted shocked this twice the first one i made mistake of using my friend's ID cause he log in on my system.  Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 6:08pm On May 25, 2009
If you want I will give you Idea on how you are to write the code, but if you insist that I write it for u them I hv to charge you amount for the time it is going to take me to build it, Since I dont hv the one to share now except re-writing another package to give u.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2009
luckyCO:

If you want I will give you Idea on how you are to write the code, but if you insist that I write it for u them I hv to charge you amount for the time it is going to take me to build it, Since I dont hv the one to share now except re-writing another package to give u.

Hi Mr. Lucy the guru, thanks for your reply, I will be very greatful if you can find time and write the code for me I am ready to pay for your time cause I have consulted alot of forum and have googled the phrase "Encryption/Decryption" and have downloaded many codes  concerning "Encryption/Decryption" But yet i dont know how to begin writing the code and how to link it with my program. So  can you? pls send me your phone Number and e-mail address so that i can call you in order to arrange on how much you are going to charge me and how i am going to pay you the charges. My e-mail address is sbmada@gmail.com or sbmada@yahoo.com and my phone Number is 08051244585, am staying in Shiroro Dam in Niger state. shocked  Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 7:12pm On May 30, 2009
I hv sent you an email and my contacts too. I would hv loved to help you out without charges but I wouldnt be helping myself since it required more technical details.
If you are still interested give a shout or reply my mail after 2days of payment you have your code and ways to use it.
By 4 now.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2009
Hi am using seagate crystal report as my report designer. I want a situation where by if i call for print all the printers on the network should be display so that i can be able to select the printer i want and sent for printing while the program is running. So pls how do i do this? is it from the properties of crystal report that i will do the setting during the designing of the report? or do i have to write some code from the vb6 side?. pls help me, and if it involve coding can you pls help me with some sample?. The backend is Mysql.  Thanks in anticipation of your respond. shocked
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 9:55am On Jun 03, 2009
madas:

Hi am using seagate crystal report as my report designer. I want a situation where by if i call for print all the printers on the network should be display so that i can be able to select the printer i want and sent for printing while the program is running. So pls how do i do this? is it from the properties of crystal report that i will do the setting during the designing of the report? or do i have to write some code from the vb6 side?. pls help me, and if it involve coding can you pls help me with some sample?. The backend is Mysql. Thanks in anticipation of your respond. shocked

We have printer collection for you to use.

You the code below and see what happens

dim I as integer
For I = 0 To Printers.Count - 1
' Set what you want the printer to print for you, which might be to print your crystal report
Set_Printer Printers(I).deviceName
next I

Public Function Set_Printer(W_Printer As String)
Dim Prt As Printer
For Each Prt In Printers
If Prt.deviceName = W_Printer Then
Set Printer = Prt
End If
Next
End Function

This might not be the best way to achieve what you want, but am sending the entire code such dat it may be of help to you on other things you wana do.

Let me know if it helps you.
Happy New month.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi Thank you very much for that useful post, the code is working but is not displaying the printers on the print page, but rather only one printer is being displayed. So pls i have sent the sample of my program to your email so that you can check and see how and where i placed the code(frmReport), and when you run the program you will see how the printer is being display. Thanks a million. shocked
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2009
You should try modify the code to give you what you want.
If you are using rpt.show it might not work but if you use rpt.print (I mean a method that will allow u print directly it will work since the code sets every print default and trigger print command.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by netghost: 1:49am On Jun 05, 2009
i need advanced ebooks on vb6 can u help me with them
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2009
Hi Thanks for the respond, but what i want is to display the report first, then when i hit the print button the printers will come out (depending on the number of printers on the network connected to the system) as a drop down window so that i will scroll and choose the printer i desire and sent for print. shocked
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
Window is able to handle that for you if all the printers you need are installed.
So install and share the printers then you can have access from them in your program.
I thought you want your users not to have access to windows but do everything printing thru your program.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by C2H5OH(f): 12:21am On Jun 13, 2009
Yay to now installing VB6 on my computer after so long.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

Yay to now installing VB6 on my computer after so long.

Please make your question clear such that I will answer it.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2009
zmovement:

Hi Lucky CO,

I have a problem getting the values from my textboxes in my GUI to a plain sheet of paper in a certain order.
How exactly do you print out values from various textboxes (same form) such that they are aligned in a certain way on a sheet of plain paper?
The textboxes are many and are as much as 100.

Please publish solutions for tabular format and non-tabular (scattered) formats…
(Also note that this process can be used to create accounting software for SMEs)
Also add the Print Module/Class to incorporate duplicates

I know I will have to still do a a lot of trial and error on my part to get the proper positioning for pre-processed paper

Thanks,

Your questions are quite ambigous, but I can try to answer them.
If you have so many textboxes and you want to arrange them and print it in a certain order.

Then you need you write a code that will read the text boxes and copy their content and put all their values in one textbox, then from there you print the textbox.

U can use the code below to read all the textbox and out the values in one then print the textbox.
Creat a textbox call it txtstore

dim txt as textbox
dim xValue as string

For each txt in me
if typeof txt is textbox then
xValue =xValue & txt.text
end if

next
txtstore.text=xValue

Printer.print txtstore.text

If you assist me in making your questions clearer then I will give you exactly what u need, thank
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by madas(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
Where is today's post? i can only see the post of 15-06-09 as the latest post. but not today as shown on the forum main page.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2009
It seems to be technical problem. It does happen to me.
What I do to solve it to try replying the post and behold I will see everything.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Java Programming For Dummies / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport / Facebook Is Suing Me For This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.