Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (40195 Views)

A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0 / My Board Games In Vb 6.0 / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2007
Dynast your question maybe a very long program but I will try give you some crew that you would need to write the program. Dont expect anybody to spoon feed you, all u need to do google them out with our support u will make it.

Things requested.

To create a new account by Administrator which he wil be able to edit and even delete

To login with that ID to call mainform

New users should be allowed to create their own account and use it to loggin

Say am interested in UserID and password and class.

Create Three string fields namely UserID,Password and class.

To create new User

If using Access, "Select UserID='" & txtID.text & "'"
Pass that as you SQL statement, them to check whether if it exist

If rs.recordcount>0 then Msgbox("The user name is existing plz choose another name": exit sub

rs.addnew
rs!userID=txt.id
rs!password=password.text
rs!class="User"
rs.update
rs.close

To create System administrator

rs.addnew
rs!userID=txt.id
rs!password=password.text
rs!class="Admin"
rs.update
rs.close

To authenticate User and loggin

Pass this as your SQL statement,

Select * from tablename where UserID='" & txtid.text & "' and Password='" & password.text & "'"

if rs.recordcount>0 then
If trim(rs!class) ="Admin" then
mainform.show
' Enable all the tools that will enable one manage the software.
else
mainform.show
'Disable all the tools that will enable one manage the software.
end if

else
Msgbox "User Id and password not exisitng",vbinformation,"Access denied"
end if

The above procedure will take place in command button's click event.

Plz if the above information is not clear you can contact me with you have in mind I will write the whole program give you then you can use it for what u want to.

But you have to pay for my biz time.

Take care.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by uchokoro(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2007
pls i need to write a VB application to read data from a parallel port and also to write data to one. apart from using dlls how can i do this. is their any option native to VB 6.0? pls i need the info urgently for my project work. i can be contacted on uchokoro@yahoo.com or 08037944535
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by uchokoro(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2007
what i really want to know is if there is any VB 6.0 Custom control for communicating via the parallel port
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by IG: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2007
uchokoro:

what i really want to know is if there is any VB 6.0 Custom control for communicating via the parallel port

I think somebody answered a similar question earlier in this thread. He made refference to microsoft communication control.
You can find it in the project->components
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Dynast(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2007
Still need help to make the following codes written by LuckyCO to run for me any one can assist pls :
I need comments as well

This is a program to animate a splash screen

Option Explicit
Public ControlTblname As String
Private Declare Function CreateEllipticRgn Lib "gdi32" _
(ByVal X1 As Long, ByVal Y1 As Long, ByVal X2 As Long, _
ByVal Y2 As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function SetWindowRgn Lib "User32" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal hRgn As Long, _
ByVal bRedraw As Boolean) As Long

Private Declare Function CreateRectRgn Lib "gdi32" (ByVal X1 As Long, ByVal Y1 As Long, ByVal X2 As Long, ByVal Y2 As Long) As Long

Public Sub Bubble(frm As Form)

Dim iret
Dim a As Integer
Dim b As Integer
Dim C As Integer
Dim D As Integer
Dim e As Integer
Dim f As Integer
Dim w As Integer
Dim X As Integer
Dim Y As Integer
Dim z As Integer
Dim current As Double
Dim pp As Integer
'frm.Move(0, 0) = 0
w = frm.Height: X = frm.Width: Y = frm.Top: z = frm.Left
a = 0: b = 0: C = w: D = X: e = Y: f = z: pp = 0
Do While a < frm.Height / 17 Or b < frm.Width / 17
a = a + 25
b = b + 25
e = e + 70
f = f + 70
If a > frm.Height / 15 Then a = a - 24
If b > frm.Width / 15 Then b = b - 24
Call frm.Move(f, e, D, C)

current = Timer
Do While Timer - current < 0.01
DoEvents

Loop

iret = SetWindowRgn(frm.hwnd, CreateEllipticRgn(0, 0, b, a), True)
If pp = 0 Then frm.Show: pp = 1
Loop
current = Timer
Do While Timer - current < 1
DoEvents
Loop

'This will make the bubble "pop" and minimize the form.
'Comment out if you want it to remain displayed

'iret = SetWindowRgn(frm.Hwnd, CreateEllipticRgn(0, 0, 0, 0), _
True)
iret = SetWindowRgn(frm.hwnd, CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 1000, 1000), True)

End Sub
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Dynast(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ LuckyCO Thanks very kindly

The above is enough guide

I am just leaning Vb on my own but I know that guides from experienced or better programmers like you I will go places

Merci beaucoup mon ami

I will give you a call
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2007
Thank God
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Dynast(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2007
Still need help on the above program to animate splash screen
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
hmm i haven't programmed in vb or any language for a while now and i can't even remember how to pass variables collected from a form to another.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2007
In form2 where you want to send the variable type this under delaration

Public VarInForm2 As String

Then in form1 type

Private Sub Command1_Click()
' This is a command button
form2.VarInForm2="The value you want to send to form 2"
form2.Show
End Sub

I hope it solves your problem. Let me know if it doesnt
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by neeyee(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2007
thank you so much "LuckyCo" for responding to my questions. I like you and I will let you know as soon as I am through with the program.

Once again, thanks.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2007
Dynast:

Still need help on the above program to animate splash screen

Dynast what type of help do you need where you have every code. You should start thinking about been independent with materials you have. You have the code and u are looking for help again. Anybody can learn programming, it is all about syntax and sequence.

What I suggest you do is to comment each like of code and see what it does. Cut some line of code and paste them in another form and run it and see again. Change style of the form and test till you know what the entire code are all for.

I hope this solves your question. If i didnt let me know.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2007
I hope we have no question on vb6.0?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by uchokoro(m): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
IG
Re: Post your Vb 6.0 Questions Here
« #35 on: July 21, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Quote from: uchokoro on July 20, 2007, 07:36 PM

I think somebody answered a similar question earlier in this thread. He made refference to microsoft communication control.
You can find it in the project->components

IG,
The control the person mentioned was for serial port communication. pls i need to know if it can also be used for a parallel port or if there is another control for the parallel port. from all the in formation i have so far, vb does not have the inherent ability to communicate via parallel port except using dll's.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
Yes VB 6.0 may not have some hardware powers except you have somebody who can desing in in C++, C# or vb.net then you comsume it in VB 6.0.

VB 6.0 is made for rapid development and simplicity not for hardcode programming. If u look for it u dont see that I advise you go for higher language like .net.

I ve not written any such a program, what I do is to comsume the ones already written in C++ or C language.

So prepare to leave Vb 6.0 to vb.net or supposedly C# if it cant solve ur problems.

Take care.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
In case if you have any other questions plz do feel free to ask.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by uchokoro(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2007
pLS,
How can i get ebooks on v b.net?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2007
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by ogbon: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2007
hello
how do i link ms excel with vb6.0, as in if i dont need to create a new excel doc
thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by SmartK1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2007
:oHi guys,

while i really commend the guys that have been responding on topics presented here i'll appreciate if we can be more truthful and exact. My advise to new beginners on VB6 is : Pack your bags and leave VB6 and dont come back, its outdated. Start with .NET please.

But in case you dont want to take the advice above, google most of ur questions and bring only ones that u could not find in google ( grin grin grin).

I did VB6 and I ave offered what I consider as sincere advice. In case u are in doubt, try my app on (http://www.byaxiom.com/staffmanager.htm) I developed it fully with VB6.0

Good luck.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Dynast(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2007
Need help on codes to effect the followings:
--------VB6.0 Codes that will be able to filter records from a database based on more than 5 criteria
--------Codes that will be able to randomise the filtered record that meet the reqiured criteria and bring out a single record as if a toss for possible outcome.
---------Several reshuffling can be made and a single record which will never be repeated at any other tosses will emerge

hoping to getting quick assistance
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by squeezy(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2007
hey,
can u help me out , i created a software in vb 6.0 but need to convert it to .net to be able to put it on the net, but dont know how to go about this, could you pls help out wit solution to my problem, maybe a converter or something, urgent help
thanx a lot
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2007
ogbon:

hello
how do i link ms excel with vb6.0, as in if i don't need to create a new excel doc
thanks

I will copy both creating new one and geting loading the existing excel file into MShflexgrid. I don't have the code now. But if you are in a hurry, type in your MSDN CreateObject and on it press F1, you will see how it goes.

Thanks

Smart K.:

:oHi guys,

while i really commend the guys that have been responding on topics presented here i'll appreciate if we can be more truthful and exact. My advise to new beginners on VB6 is : Pack your bags and leave VB6 and don't come back, its outdated. Start with .NET please.

But in case you don't want to take the advice above, google most of your questions and bring only ones that u could not find in google ( grin grin grin).

I did VB6 and I ave offered what I consider as sincere advice. In case u are in doubt, try my app on (http://www.byaxiom.com/staffmanager.htm) I developed it fully with VB6.0

Good luck.

Smart you have a very good confession. I really appreciate your advice  because you are telling your sincere truth. But at the same you consider many things. Microsoft considered millions of Vb6.0 users and created vb.net not totally diffrent.
On your posting what I want you to do is, List out all these VB6.0 arkward things and profer solutions to them in VB.net, C#,C++ or Java.

Am using VB6.0,VB.Net,C# and Java(Intermeidate) and I still ve reason for using Vb6.0 why because of its simple and available file structures and again its portability across any computer (Speed and Storage capacity) during development. If am developing  small packages I use vb6.0 but on a complex application and web I use .net.

Consider yourself spending 3.5GB or more of .Net development environment to 450MB or less of Vb6.0. 
So like I said  list those errors and offer solutions to them, the likes of me who likes vb6.0 to a fault will continue to use it even if MS put a saction to it.

Dynast:

Need help on codes to effect the followings:
--------VB6.0 Codes that will be able to filter records from a database based on more than 5 criteria
--------Codes that will be able to randomise the filtered record that meet the reqiured criteria and bring out a single record as if a toss for possible outcome.
---------Several reshuffling can be made and a single record which will never be repeated at any other tosses will emerge

hoping to getting quick assistance

Please tell us briefly what you are  building that required this program, them I wil make suggestions and finally offer solutions. It may that you don't need database to that.
squeezy:

hey,
can u help me out , i created a software in vb 6.0 but need to convert it to .net to be able to put it on the net, but don't know how to go about this, could you please help out wit solution to my problem, maybe a converter or something, urgent help
thanx a lot

To put on the  Net your vb6.0 codes you need to convert it manually and change your concept about vb6.0 programming thing. In this case you use Asp.Net on vb.net coding style. Even the conveter provided by MS to convert vb6.0 to vb.net dosnt work well, so you need to manually convert it. Stop waiting for wizard that will do it for you, start now the ealier the beter. Make search on asp.net books ans start reading them. Use www.4shared.com to look 4 books

thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Dynast(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2007
I nave a database of applicants, I want my software to filter and bring out qualified individuals based on the scores of at least 3 criteria I have specified. After the filtering, I would want to click on a control say command button to randomise those records that meet the criteria and then bring out one person only. If I click againg it should be able to pick another person on the qualified list at randon. It should pick only one person at a time and any body picked once should leave the list so that he will not be picked again or may still remain there but will not be picked more than once
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by lola0041: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2007
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THE USES OF DATA WINDOW IN VB6?
AND ALSO HOW TO CONNECT TO DATA BASE (ACCESS) WITH OUT USING ADO FORMAT
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by lewisebint: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2007
lola 004:

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THE USES OF DATA WINDOW IN VB6?
AND ALSO HOW TO CONNECT TO DATA BASE (ACCESS) WITH OUT USING ADO FORMAT

Data windows is used to create MS Access 97 abd below only. We have beter way of creating and connecting to database instead of data windows. Data window I mean the one under Addin Menu. Instead of using that to create, use MS Access to create if it is a must u want to use Access.

How to connect using Ado.

Dim db as new ADOD.Connection
Dim rs as new ADOD.Recordset

db.connectionstring=""
set rs=db.execute("Select * from tblname"wink

' then do ur manipulation
Dynast:

I nave a database of applicants, I want my software to filter and bring out qualified individuals based on the scores of at least 3 criteria I have specified. After the filtering, I would want to click on a control say command button to randomise those records that meet the criteria and then bring out one person only. If I click againg it should be able to pick another person on the qualified list at randon. It should pick only one person at a time and any body picked once should leave the list so that he will not be picked again or may still remain there but will not be picked more than once

Make connecttion to database which I know you know how to make do.
you SQL statement would be "Select fname from tblname where fname=''"

Create two arrays of equall size

Store all the values in one array

say
k=0
Do while not rs.eof
a(k)=rs.field(0).value
k=k+1
rs.movenext
loop
rs.close

Private Sub Comman1_Click
dim L as integer
L=int(rnd*K)
msgbox a(L)

'Remove value in A(L) and put in B(L) such dat you dont see it again

End sub

I hope this algorithm will help you out.
If it dosnt.
I will write the reall program for you. But it is going to be good u do it urself.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by SmartK1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2007
luckyCO
Sorry, I have been away 4 long,

Consider yourself spending 3.5GB or more of .Net development environment to 450MB or less of Vb6.0.
That argument would have been too good some years back. Consider these:
i. i just bought 120G HD (laptop) for N14,000 last week, so, how much is 3.5GB
ii. .NET framework (all that is needed to run .NET app) does not require up 3.5GB (just 200MB is enough).
iii. Its good for some of us who invested on VB long time ago to continue. But if you are just starting up, how relevant will it be in the next 3 years (when you are supposed to start enjoying the dividend of knowledge)
iv. How many employers now look for VB6.0 programmer/ developer.
v. ,

Yours trully,
Smart K.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2007
Am talking about development environment not deployment stage. What u said no doubt is true. I use vb.net,c# as well but just cant leave vb6.0. They have come up with service park6. They may soon make it have functionality like gupta and dynamically a full OPP that is what left.

But the language is ok. Facing out vb is over statment. Do u know we have open source vb? All these about language are personal feelings and interest. Automation and competition has made every language trying to look alike.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by wimpyA: 10:05am On Sep 28, 2007
hi my name is frankcould you pls do me a favor i write program in v.b6.0 but i am having problems in the data base section.i know how to connecta data base to vb6.0 using adodb.but i would be really greatfull if you can send me or help me out with the codes using adodb and ms acess to delete records,add records and laso edit the records i would be really great full thnaks.just incase my number is +2348076226978 and also my email is oforeh2000@yahoo.com

also pls can i get the e.book for the tutorials of vb.net thans a lot i appreaciate
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by wimpyA: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2007
pls can you post me a place i can easily get vb.net tutorials here or pls show me sites i can get that pls thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2007
wimpy_A:

hi my name is frankcould you please do me a favor i write program in v.b6.0 but i am having problems in the data base section.i know how to connecta data base to vb6.0 using adodb.but i would be really greatfull if you can send me or help me out with the codes using adodb and ms acess to delete records,add records and laso edit the records i would be really great full thnaks.just incase my number is +2348076226978 and also my email is oforeh2000@yahoo.com

also please can i get the e.book for the tutorials of vb.net thans a lot i appreaciate
Using AdoDB after setting connection string do the following;

For Inserting Record;

rs.Addnew
rs.Fields!Name="Frank"
rs.Fields!age=23
rs.update
rs.close

To Update
rs.update "Name","frankline"
rs.update "age",23
rs.close

To Delete
rs.delete

Believing that all connections and query are made and u are using rs as ur recordset.

Take care

Use www.4shared.com or www.freebooks.com and others to look for vb.net .
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
wimpy_A I hope that solves your problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Java Programming For Dummies / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport / Facebook Is Suing Me For This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.