Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke (1438 Views)

My Ford Transit Diesel T350 Needs Help / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold / Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
I just travelled from Kano to Kaduna with my ford focus st170 for sallah break. This morning I discovered that my car is emitting a white smoke from the exhaust like crazy! When we check the engine oil we discovered that there's no single engine oil left in d engine. Kaduna mechanics said I have to replace the piston rings. Engineers in the house pls advice me, is it wise to change the engine piston rings or rather go for a new engine?
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by uboma(m): 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
Did you carry out the necessary checks on your car before embarking on the road trip from Kano to Kaduna state? What was the level of the engine oil on the dip stick? When was the last time you had the oil drained out and refilled?

Your engine can be rebuilt if you have competent hands in Kaduna state. If not, you should replace the engine.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
uboma:
Did you carry out the necessary checks on your car before embarking on the road trip from Kano to Kaduna state? What was the level of the engine oil on the dip stick? When was the last time you had the oil drained out and refilled?

Your engine can be rebuilt if you have competent hands in Kaduna state. If not, you should replace the engine.
I didn't check d engine oil before the journey. The last time I changed the engine oil is last 3 months sir. Am looking at option of getting d engine of an accidented car cos Kaduna mechanic are charging me 35k for the rebuilding and accidented cars engine may not be up to 50k so changing the engine is a more better option sir. And if am to go for a tokunboh engine they said is 90k here in Kaduna. Advice me bro.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by ricki: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
oga the gasket or seals done waka be that....... same thing happened to me on same car. bought another engine quick. but in your case you could rebuild the engine. Does the engine overheat at all??

Let me know if you need help as to get another engine. I mean it.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by uboma(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
I didn't check d engine oil before the journey. The last time I changed the engine oil is last 3 months sir. Am looking at option of getting d engine of an accidented car cos Kaduna mechanic are charging me 35k for the rebuilding and accidented cars engine may not be up to 50k so changing the engine is a more better option sir. And if am to go for a tokunboh engine they said is 90k here in Kaduna. Advice me bro.

Try not to be negligent next time.

Have a book where you record the dates you carry out engine oil change and other maintenance work. These record could help you prepare for the next round of maintenance required on your car.

As it stands now, everything depends on you. If you have competent technical hands in Kaduna, they can rebuild the engine but if not, replacing it will be the next best option.

1 Like

Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2020
ricki:
oga the gasket or seals done waka be that....... same thing happened to me on same car. bought another engine quick. but in your case you could rebuild the engine. Does the engine overheat at all??

Let me know if you need help as to get another engine. I mean it.
how much did u buy d new engine?
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2020
uboma:

Try not to be negligent next time.

Have a book where you record the dates you carry out engine oil change and other maintenance work. These record could help you prepare for the next round of maintenance required on your car.

As it stands now, everything depends on you. If you have competent technical hands in Kaduna, they can rebuild the engine but if not, replacing it will be the next best option.

thanks boss
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by uboma(m): 11:35am On Aug 03, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
thanks boss

You are welcome, Sir.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by sultaan(m): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
I am sure warning light came on in the car you just decided it was normal.

What type of oil have you been using that gets burned off in 3 months?

Just refill the engine with the right type of oil and see what happens
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
sultaan:
I am sure warning light came on in the car you just decided it was normal.

What type of oil have you been using that gets burned off in 3 months?

Just refill the engine with the right type of oil and see what happens
the warning light has been on o bro, I just ignored it. I use mobil, I've refilled it but the smoke coming out now is like a refinery chimney.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by ricki: 12:10am On Aug 04, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
how much did u buy d new engine?

N12500 without shipping cost.... grin
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 5:44am On Aug 04, 2020
ricki:

N12500 without shipping cost.... grin
wait! Twelve thousand five hundred naira grin? What of with shipping n everything sir? His did u do it?
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by 9icetoo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mobil xhp has killed yet another engine.
Op, no need beating around the bush where you are. I assume that engine is quite cheap. Get a tokunbo and be done with it.
If you want to rebuild, then make sure you don't skimp on parts and quality.
How are they sure your crankshaft isn't bad or the main bearings aren't shot.

An engine rebuild of this nature requires a complete tear down. Your engine was starved of oil. It's not going to be cheap if you are to rebuild properly.
It's not just about changing rings.

It is ultimately your decision.

Use the right oil next time. Stay away from xhp.

2 Likes

Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
9icetoo:
Op, no need beating around the bush where you are. I assume that engine is quite cheap. Get a tokunbo and be done with it.

An engine rebuild of this nature requires a complete tear down. Your engine was starved of oil. It's not going to be cheap if you are to rebuild properly.

what is d best engine oil to use for ford focus st170
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by Dtruthspeaker: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
9icetoo:

Is Mobil XHP bad or just bad for the car?
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by 9icetoo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Is Mobil XHP bad or just bad for the car?
Bad for the engine in that car. It's just a matter of time before it kills the engine.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
9icetoo:

Bad for the engine in that car. It's just a matter of time before it kills the engine.

Okay! Thank you!
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by 9icetoo(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
what is d best engine oil to use for ford focus st170
A quick Google check revealed 5w-30 oil. I will assume this is SN grade.
This is pretty common.
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by ricki: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
wait! Twelve thousand five hundred naira grin? What of with shipping n everything sir? His did u do it?

so many around here so i got one send it to naija. you have 2 choices go to ladipo or send your vin.

1 Like

Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
ricki:

so many around here so i got one send it to naija. you have 2 choices go to ladipo or send your vin.
wait! A complete engine for 12500 is wat I don't understand bro! Where can I get such?
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by ricki: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
wait! A complete engine for 12500 is wat I don't understand bro! Where can I get such?

Breakyard bro
Re: My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:31am On Aug 08, 2020
New engine is just installed n unfortunately I have to change gear box release bearing again.

(1) (Reply)

2jz Ball Joint Wohala / A Bike For 6.5 Million Naira. Whao! / Need Help On The Following Error Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.