Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

2jz Ball Joint Wohala - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2jz Ball Joint Wohala (1450 Views)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem / This Rolls-royce Phantom Has A Twin-charged 2JZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2022
Hi nairaland I happen to drive a 2jz lexus IS 300 ,but since I got the car,af been riding through massive potholes,after six months my passengers ball joint came off,I repaired it,it came off again after 1 week,then I bought tokunbor,after sometime I felt the steering keeps tilting to the left and right,then 3 months ago,I went to lagbowo and bought brand new ball joints. Before today,I had been hearing some squeaky sound from the steering and passenger side. I ignored it and felt it was my tie rod. Took it to alignment shop for repair. It was repaired,then the sound worsened. I drove it like that for 1 week,but my front tyres kept eating out. So today I made up my mind to go to gate with my guy. The person selling tie rod came for inspection and said its my power steering. I argued withbhim that if my power steering has issues,my steering will be hard to turn,he then said its my ball joints,that it's not good. I also argued with him that my ball joints,ibjust bought them brand new,not tokunbor. 2 weeks ago,the total alignment guys at eleyele said its my ball joint. That it's not good. I also argued that I bought brand new ball joint today I drove almost 140kph and my ball joints didn't come out. Not up to 30 mins ago as I was going out on slow movement,I climbed a big stone and gbam,I heard a loud noise,my ball joint passenger side came out the third time . From the brand new ball joint I bought. I have called my mechanic and he said he will be thr tomorrow to fix,so the tokunbor I removed is what I would be putting back. Pls what's the solution to this. Should I order direct from ebay,or I should buy tokunbor again. I'm fed up last week I was laughing at a lexus es 350 09 model when his ball joint driver side came out while at medium speed. Not knowing my own was this evening, damaging my fender. The ball joint ,that looks like a circle ,came off,leaving the rest of the ball joint body to the ground and also my car refused to reverse,or even move our of the way cos I am now blocking entrance to my estate. Is this how lexus behaves. I have seen lexus IS 250,lexus es 350 and even toyota 4runner ball joint come off. Is it cos of pot holes or the brand new ball joint I bought was fake . The tokunbo own I have is still intact,but I'm now worried. Why does my ball join come off. Attached is the pic of my tie rod left and right I repaired a week ago. Now my fender has damaged,damaged my fender paint. I'm fed up
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by mejai(m): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2022
LexusIS:
Hi nairaland I happen to drive a 2jz lexus IS 300 ,but since I got the car,af been riding through massive potholes,after six months my passengers ball joint came off,I repaired it,it came off again after 1 week,then I bought tokunbor,after sometime I felt the steering keeps tilting to the left and right,then 3 months ago,I went to lagbowo and bought brand new ball joints. Before today,I had been hearing some squeaky sound from the steering and passenger side. I ignored it and felt it was my tie rod. Took it to alignment shop for repair. It was repaired,then the sound worsened. I drove it like that for 1 week,but my front tyres kept eating out. So today I made up my mind to go to gate with my guy. The person selling tie rod came for inspection and said its my power steering. I argued withbhim that if my power steering has issues,my steering will be hard to turn,he then said its my ball joints,that it's not good. I also argued with him that my ball joints,ibjust bought them brand new,not tokunbor. 2 weeks ago,the total alignment guys at eleyele said its my ball joint. That it's not good. I also argued that I bought brand new ball joint today I drove almost 140kph and my ball joints didn't come out. Not up to 30 mins ago as I was going out on slow movement,I climbed a big stone and gbam,I heard a loud noise,my ball joint passenger side came out the third time . From the brand new ball joint I bought. I have called my mechanic and he said he will be thr tomorrow to fix,so the tokunbor I removed is what I would be putting back. Pls what's the solution to this. Should I order direct from ebay,or I should buy tokunbor again. I'm fed up last week I was laughing at a lexus es 350 09 model when his ball joint driver side came out while at medium speed. Not knowing my own was this evening, damaging my fender. The ball joint ,that looks like a circle ,came off,leaving the rest of the ball joint body to the ground and also my car refused to reverse,or even move our of the way cos I am now blocking entrance to my estate. Is this how lexus behaves. I have seen lexus IS 250,lexus es 350 and even toyota 4runner ball joint come off. Is it cos of pot holes or the brand new ball joint I bought was fake . The tokunbo own I have is still intact,but I'm now worried. Why does my ball join come off. Attached is the pic of my tie rod left and right I repaired a week ago. Now my fender has damaged,damaged my fender paint. I'm fed up

Why? grin grin
We are more interested in the position of the car with the K-leg. We want to archive it cos a lot of people always murder Honda products.
I don see 3 trailers with front tyre pulling recently.
2days ago, a Tacoma abi na tundra sef. Early last month, Camry muscle (2) and they were badly damaged.

Well, if u can get it from eBay.... Best!

3 Likes

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 5:31am On Oct 02, 2022
Mine is a bit worse

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by dadabashua1(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2022
See them all avoiding this thread.... grin cheesy make una come and help a brother with a solution, if na honda products now they all will full here,mods will even take it to the front page...smh,someone needs solutions and help now,they are running away.

1 Like

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2022
After doing research on you tube and all,I was no2 equipped with information that this problem is very much persistent with all lexus and toyota cars,irrespective of the year or body of car,either sedan or suv. I'm awaiting my mechanic,but once he comes b4 8am,I will snap the passengers side for you all to see. I just thank God it did not happen at a place I'm not familiar with.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by Avedonn: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2022
Never knew Toyota ball joint also pull. I thought the ball joint problem is only limited to Honda.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by dicksonadams(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2022
Lolzzzz
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2022
Wrll,I've been able to move it out. My tie rod got bent and the useless ball joint I bought brand new for 19k,it came off,I mean the point like cylinder metal I the middle of the rubber came off. I had to revert back to the tokunbor that was thr b4 and I was able to move. No more squeaky sound while turning steering ,it only remains to change the tie rod complete and buy toks shock absorber. In my life,I will never buy brand new again. It looks like the brand new,they used gum to hold the ball joint or super glue. Will snap when I'm relaxed ,cos my mechanic came by 8 40 am inside heavy rain,we both did it and rain beat me like mad,now I have fever. I have learnt my lesson,never to buy brand new parts,esp ball joints and tie rod. I will buy brand new one from abroad,than nigeria. God really loves me because I fired the lexus to 150kph on smooth straight road for almost 1hr,around 9PM, i let me drive out from my pot hole area ,that was when the passenger tyre came out,hooked my fender and gbam I was stuck. I will never buy brand new something again . Igbos are useless and they sell fake refurbished parts,spray it wil silver,it will look like brand new.The only brand new I can buy is brake pad. Naija na scam. U can imagine,the ball joint body was intact,rubber in tact,clup intact,but the middle came off. Pls if u drive toyota or lexus,pls always change your ball joints every 6 months. U can imagine the tokunbo ball joint I bought in March,was what my mechanic put back,from the useless fake ball brand new ball joint I got two months ago. My own was that rand new ball joint would last me 2years,not knowing na just 2 months. Tmrw I will be going back to panel beater to hit back my fender,and I would be avoiding pot holes on passenger side,cos that's where the weight is on.lexus and toyota fumbled.

2 Likes

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by Conner44: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
What is wrong with your steering wheel? It will soon pull out too? undecided

1 Like

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by Sirnioking(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
So sorry for your experience bro. Unfortunately it is not an Ibo thing but fake Chinese products. Just order the origina OEM part from EBay and have rest of mind.
LexusIS:
Wrll,I've been able to move it out. My tie rod got bent and the useless ball joint I bought brand new for 19k,it came off,I mean the point like cylinder metal I the middle of the rubber came off. I had to revert back to the tokunbor that was thr b4 and I was able to move. No more squeaky sound while turning steering ,it only remains to change the tie rod complete and buy toks shock absorber. In my life,I will never buy brand new again. It looks like the brand new,they used gum to hold the ball joint or super glue. Will snap when I'm relaxed ,cos my mechanic came by 8 40 am inside heavy rain,we both did it and rain beat me like mad,now I have fever. I have learnt my lesson,never to buy brand new parts,esp ball joints and tie rod. I will buy brand new one from abroad,than nigeria. God really loves me because I fired the lexus to 150kph on smooth straight road for almost 1hr,around 9PM, i let me drive out from my pot hole area ,that was when the passenger tyre came out,hooked my fender and gbam I was stuck. I will never buy brand new something again . Igbos are useless and they sell fake refurbished parts,spray it wil silver,it will look like brand new.The only brand new I can buy is brake pad. Naija na scam. U can imagine,the ball joint body was intact,rubber in tact,clup intact,but the middle came off. Pls if u drive toyota or lexus,pls always change your ball joints every 6 months. U can imagine the tokunbo ball joint I bought in March,was what my mechanic put back,from the useless fake ball brand new ball joint I got two months ago. My own was that rand new ball joint would last me 2years,not knowing na just 2 months. Tmrw I will be going back to panel beater to hit back my fender,and I would be avoiding pot holes on passenger side,cos that's where the weight is on.lexus and toyota fumbled.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by mejai(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Hehehehe! Welcome to car maintenance in Nigeria. If everyone talk wetin we dey see....grin
So finally, which one is the cause?
A) Igbo sellers

B) Your YouTube research informing u it is notorious with Toyota/Lexus brand.

C) Not buying new parts but to welcome tokunbo (the day that one go do u something)

D) Bad roads

E) Laughing at ur neighbor's predicament

2 Likes

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by critic007(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
Dear Op. Also confirm if your front lower arm bushings are intact. If not... have your bushings or complete lower arm replaced. Then look for a good alignment shop around you to align your wheels. I once had similar issuebwith yours after returning from a trip driving through bad roads.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yes and it costs me a total of 80k in all. I did not want to go to any m3chanic because they will scam me. What I changed at gate include. Lower arm bushing passenger side,upper ball joint,arm ,tie rods and sockets,passenger shock absorber ,passenger tyre hub Boris. Infact if not that I went with 2 of my friends and we pleaded and pleaded,the bill them slam us almost 150k. Before we saw original tokunbor tie rods and sockets,almost 5 times. Those people at gates they are thieves. They will bring repaired and condemned something and want to sell as tokunbo. The tie rod and sockets were removed from an accidented lexus IS 250 06 model. Infact lexusgs 350 gs 300 share some parts with my 2jz,even rx 330 shock absorber and my own are the same. I thank you all for the advice. Imagine I now took to my mechanic,he will want to cheat me to a whooping sum of let's say 160k.
critic007:
Dear Op. Also confirm if your front lower arm bushings are intact. If not... have your bushings or complete lower arm replaced. Then look for a good alignment shop around you to align your wheels. I once had similar issuebwith yours after returning from a trip driving through bad roads.

1 Like

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by Peterlove11: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2022
LexusIS:

Nawa oo.....thought it's only Honda that pulls. Maintaining cars in Nigeria is like Maintaining a woman. Whether you like it or not, you must collect. Our roads are terrible and it's largely the major contributing factor

2 Likes

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 06, 2022
Sirnioking:
So sorry for your experience bro. Unfortunately it is not an Ibo thing but fake Chinese products. Just order the origina OEM part from EBay and have rest of mind.
No be Igbo spare parts dealers dey import fake products into Nigeria?I wonder what the custom and regulators are doing about all this fake products Igbo men import into the country.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2022
I bought another tokunbor ball joint yesterday 12k for pair. The usel3ss fake ball joint on my driver side already weak and u can even roll it. U can imagine a brand new ball joint o. I feel so cheated.but God knows best. I have repaired all that concerns leg ,which I never did before now. So no more tyre is chopping hand not straight,this,that
Naija roads will frustrate one. My next car must be an suv.
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by 735i(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2022
LexusIS:
You are an unfortunate fellow. I can tell that easily from your posts.
You have blamed everyone but yourself.
Chances are that you bought a car with undercarriage damage and you're now suffering for it.
You laughed when it happened to someone else and you come here expecting us to feel sorry for you.
If you like, don't look for genuine OEM parts and buy.
Continue blaming people.
Okpo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Shut up,whichbunder carriage u stupid ingrate did u not read where i said i stay in a pot hole infested area. Pls get lost. Bitter thief.
735i:

You are an unfortunate fellow. I can tell that easily from your posts.
You have blamed everyone but yourself.
Chances are that you bought a car with undercarriage damage and you're now suffering for it.
You laughed when it happened to someone else and you come here expecting us to feel sorry for you.
If you like, don't look for genuine OEM parts and buy.
Continue blaming people.
Okpo

Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by 735i(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
LexusIS:
Shut up,whichbunder carriage u stupid ingrate did u not read where i said i stay in a pot hole infested area. Pls get lost. Bitter thief.

Okay. Frustration will kill you. Like I said l, you are an unfortunate fellow . Omo ale
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by LexusIS: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2022
Take your rants elsewhere,condemned jealous idiot. Bad belle. See this wretched idiot ,do you know me before. Did I ever contact you for help. Pls Get lost from my thread
Dumb slowpoke.
735i:

Okay. Frustration will kill you. Like I said l, you are an unfortunate fellow . Omo ale
Re: 2jz Ball Joint Wohala by ehmmy11(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
Long story short Nigeria doesn't have good roads

(1) (Reply)

Best Car Chase Movie. / Service Engine Soon / Advise Me On Opel Sintra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.