Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo (33191 Views)

An Igbo Woman Farting In The Presence Of Her Husband Is A Taboo - Young Lady / Ejire Ara Isokun! Where Exactly Is Isokun? / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
That is culture for you. In a village called Iwoye Ketu , Ogun state, they don't rear pigs but eat it. Also umbrella usage is forbidden in the village

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by hairdeals247(f): 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
Some people will not like this sha ... grin grin grin abeg i did not mention anybody oh.

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by MalaikaEH(f): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2020
The story would have made much more sense if they only banned killing/eating of dogs and allowed dogs to live, flourish and even be worshiped in the town, not just the stone.

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Vibrantlyours: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brandonx:
Where's the sense in this whole write up?
Someone should please educate me cos I'm yet to understand the write-up.
Looks like hogwash to me.

Calm down and re read. Most tales as we have them in the bible too will make no sense if you summarily dismiss all without calming down and read. This story as told by the monarch must have been passed from generation to generation orally. The dog helped rescued the daughter of the Alaafin by hunting for the Okete(bush meat) needed to prepare what healed her. when the king returned back to his domain, people were praising the king but not the dog, the dog was being thrown bones instead of proper food, it got angry and voiced like a human and ran out, while the people chased it, it turned to a stone which the people of the town now worship.

*PS Dogs returning from Irag/Afaghanistan wars in the USA And UK now get medals on their return back home, when they die, they are buried with full honours.

2 Likes

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Brandonx(m): 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Vibrantlyours:

Calm down and re read. Most tales as we have them in the bible too will make no sense if you summarily dismiss all without calming down and read. This story as told by the monarch must have been passed from generation to generation orally. The dog helped rescued the daughter of the Alaafin by hunting for the Okete(bush meat) needed to prepare what healed her. when the king returned back to his domain, people were praising the king but not the dog, the dog was being thrown bones instead of proper food, it got angry and voiced like a human and ran out, while the people chased it, it turned to a stone which the people of the town now worship.

*PS Dogs returning from Irag/Afaghanistan wars in the USA And UK now get medals on their return back home, when they die, they are buried with full honours.

So in that regard they should not have dogs as pet I've gone through the write-up and I still don't understand why they claim to worship the dog turned stone but can't have dogs around.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by zudozz: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
This people sef!
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by efemena5050(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kriss216:

An innocent dog helped a certain people, instead of being grateful, they betrayed the innocent dog and conspire to slaughter the dog.
But, God in his infinite mercy, turned the innocent dog to a stone. That's how they started serving the dog.

You're welcome .
lol clown

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by JastSiryin(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kriss216:

An innocent dog helped a certain people, instead of being grateful, they betrayed the innocent dog and conspire to slaughter the dog.
But, God in his infinite mercy, turned the innocent dog to a stone. That's how they started serving the dog.

You're welcome .
That story sounds like it came out of someone's ass while passing gas. And this is what rational humans govern their lives by?People can be stupid sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by jagorinho: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brandonx:

But dogs were meant to eat bones or was the dog expecting a royal apparel because it killed a bush rat?

Dogs do not actually prefer bones to meat, it is just that no one ever gives them meat.
Guinean Proverb.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by rummmy: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
This story is as fake as the oduduwa falling from heaven story.

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by illicit(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
hmmm was it Kingsango or armypolicecult that said Africa civilised the Europeans

LMAO
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Eze007(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Zanku legwork grin
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by SeriouslySense(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
I love dogs, so naturally i came to read the story, and its quite interesting Story, I enjoyed when the Dog talk back to them.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Franking: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
Story for the gods. Just like in the Bible, animals spoke too. grin Says it all.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Franking: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
MalaikaEH:
The story would have made much more sense if they only banned killing/eating of dogs and allowed dogs to live, flourish and even be worshiped in the town, not just the stone.

U can start worshipping dogs, bro
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Franking: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kriss216:

Innocent Dog cry
Evil people!

Same innocent dog is now their master. God be praised.

See them.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Franking: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kriss216:

You're welcome .

Akuko. grin
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Baawaa(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
iamDrRhymes:
That's my town!
Where they are worshiping stone grin
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Ogbeniomo: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
lt is more taboo to abandon almighty creator and be worshiping creature.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Saig: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
is this not the more reason why they should have dogs as pets??

besides it's more taboo to abandon the Almighty God and worship stone or any object
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by AreaFada2: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
Interesting culture.

I much prefer this to a dog wet market. No dog virus spreading from here for sure.
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by AngelicBeing: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kriss216:

Innocent Dog cry
Evil people!

Same innocent dog is now their master. God be praised.

Lol cheesy

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by jayaim: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ignorance is bliss. It does not not happen in Nigeria, is an African tradition
Ask4bigneyo:
Only in Nigeria
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Sebbs(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
You don't mean it
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by jayaim: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
African needs to wake up. We have thrown away almost @ll ur cultural monuments & believe cuz of a white's man foreign religion. The white people came & stole from us Cuz they know the value of what we have. In Germany i watched a Nigerian masquerade danced in a church, see how the white people were very happy dancing & playing with it. If is here u will see hypocrite halaing

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Originalsly: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brandonx:

So in that regard they should not have dogs as pet I've gone through the write-up and I still don't understand why they claim to worship the dog turned stone but can't have dogs around.

I guess because in their belief the bush rat is important in saving lives. No dogs then no killing of bush rats.... lives will be saved. On the stone.... that particular dog I guessed was rescued by the gods that transformed him to a stone .... dog of the gods.
Such stories/legends/folklore dosen't have to make sense to us in these times.... it is part of their culture. Boxing Day 2004 there was a gigantic tsunami that killed over 200K people in Indonesia....but on one island that had "primitive" inhabitants there was no deaths all because of legends/folklore. Before the tsunami.... the sea rapidly kept going out as in low tide for hundreds of meters stranding fish etc. The Western educated tourists and others followed the sea picking fishes and marveling at the rare site while the "primitive" locals and animals headed for higher ground. In their folklore..... the sea and the land are always at war..... pushing each other back and forth ... the reason for high tides and low tides. When the sea was going out farther than normal.... to them it was a great push by the land and they knew the sea would push back even harder causing a great flood... so they headed for higher land. Cultures have their folklore... it's for them to decide what they keep and what they do away with... not for us to condemn or impose ours on them.

3 Likes

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Clothingonline9(m): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
We need to respect our culture and traditions
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by babajero(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
I am not surprised. Ara means madness, so they can say anything and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Mickdiamond(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Even the UK & US army decorate certain dogs with honor and medals for meritorious service. Nothing would have been wrong if they had recognized the dog for saving the King's life and it's people from servitude to the Oyo empire.

Please stop saying "it's just a dog"

2 Likes

Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Aboguede(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
Children story
Re: Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo by Samuelcoolk: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
that is my town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi & His Son, Wife (Photos) / Igbo Language And Nigerian Pidgin / Germany To Return Benin Bronze Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.