Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? (2064 Views)

2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) / Help Identification! : Ijebu Or Ijaw? / Igbo OR Ibo? What You Should Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
Whenever I try to get the evidence at my disposal to the public, I get banned automatically.
But when people post evidence against the Igbo claim, it is allowed to sail on nairaland.

Anyway, let me see how this one goes. This evidence was put down by Dr. Baikie, the person whose name was adapted in naming English, BEKEE in Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by OfoIgbo: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
OfoIgbo2 handle has been banned for the post I was about to send out using that moniker.

Please, view my signature. Every Ndoki-Igbo, in fact every Igbo should be aware of what you will read, once you access my signature

1 Like

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Admissionclass: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
The truth cannot be hidden forever more to come...

1 Like

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Ojiofor: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
Civil war lost effect on the Igbos is immeasurable.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by OfoIgbo: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ojiofor:
Civil war lost effect on the Igbos is immeasurable.

Thank God that a few of these facts are immortalised in books, otherwise, if you're to depend on wikipedia. You will not even know that Bonny's an Igbo town.
I just thank these explorers.

I also thank the Portuguese explorers of the 1400s for recording that Nri was the cultural and social overlord of Benin. If not for this, Benin will be attempting to claim the whole of Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Ojiofor: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Thank God that a few of these facts are immortalised in books, otherwise, if you're to depend on wikipedia. You will not even know that Bonny's an Igbo town.
I just thank these explorers.

I also thank the Portuguese explorers of the 1400s for recording that Nri was the cultural and social overlord of Benin. If not for this, Benin will be attempting to claim the whole of Igboland.

Both Bonny and Opobo was originally Igbo town but yadiba.Na civil war make Oba of Bini come dey play for our backyard.

5 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by splendour7(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
They Are Not Igbos! They Are Binis!! When Will My Igbo Brothers Stop Making These Minorities Feel So Special?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Admissionclass: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
splendour7:
They Are Not Igbos! They Are Binis!! When Will My Igbo Brothers Stop Making These Minorities Feel So Special?

Oga opobo pool and bonny are Igbos unlike the binikwerre people..

2 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by walemoney007(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Opobo is an Ijaw land!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Bighead9: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
No part of Rivers has Igbo's as indigenes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by splendour7(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Admissionclass:

Oga opobo pool and bonny are Igbos unlike the binikwerre people..
lolz I Dnt No Who The Heck Are The Opobo Or Bonny What Ever! If They Accept Their Igboness Then Good For Them,but If They Say They Are Binis Good For Them Also....I Will Address Them By The Name They Gave Them Selves Period!! You Guys Should Just Stop Making Them Feel Too Special Biko!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by sageb: 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bonny is Ijaw no doubt about that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by sageb: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
@Ofoigbo stop this propaganda. We cannot be deceived by your propaganda. Try your lies with strangers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by RedboneSmith(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ijaw.

Yes, they may speak Igbo. Yes, they may have a significant amount of Igbo blood. But Bonny loyalty is towards the Ijaw nation. Let it go.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
RedboneSmith:
Ijaw.

Yes, they may speak Igbo. Yes, they may have a significant amount of Igbo blood. But Bonny loyalty is towards the Ijaw nation. Let it go.

They don't just speak Igbo. A lot of people in Kalabari speak Igbo, yet we have never claimed them as Igbo.

Dr. Baikie wrote that "BONNY PEOPLE CLAIM AN IGBO DESCENT". What that statement means, is that THEY'RE IGBOS.

If they were not Igbos, that statement would have claimed that they were of IJAW DESCENT or BRASS DESCENT.

1 Like

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by sageb: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

They don't just speak Igbo. A lot of people in Kalabari speak Igbo, yet we have never claimed them as Igbo.

Dr. Baikie wrote that "BONNY PEOPLE CLAIM AN IGBO DESCENT". What that statement means, is that THEY'RE IGBOS.

If they were not Igbos, that statement would have claimed that they were of IJAW DESCENT or BRASS DESCENT.
since you want to display your ignorance here, i have questions for you. What is kalaibiama? What is the language of Bonny people? What are the hierachy of titles? What class does the King belong? What is chief in Bonny? What is house in Bonny? Name one taboo that is outlawed in Bonny? Let me stop here, answer these questions before you post anything about Bonny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
sageb:
since you want to display your ignorance here, i have questions for you. What is kalaibiama? What is the language of Bonny people? What are the hierachy of titles? What class does the King belong? What is chief in Bonny? What is house in Bonny? Name one taboo that is outlawed in Bonny? Let me stop here, answer these questions before you post anything about Bonny.

What is a Prince Chukwuma doing in Bonny?

Why did King Pepple give Dr. Baikie a list of Igbo words, in explaining the Ubani (Igbo) language to the white man

You think we don't know you guys have been making attempts to confuse the Ndokis, and force them into believing they were originally Ijaws

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by iObEy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ojiofor:

Both Bonny and Opobo was originally Igbo town but yadiba.Na civil war make Oba of Bini come dey play for our backyard.
God forgive you
Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Ojiofor: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
iObEy:

God forgive you

Read history first or know your history if you are from those places.
Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Allen102: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:
Whenever I try to get the evidence at my disposal to the public, I get banned automatically.
But when people post evidence against the Igbo claim, it is allowed to sail on nairaland.

Anyway, let me see how this one goes. This evidence was put down by Dr. Baikie, the person whose name was adapted in naming English, BEKEE in Igbo.

They are not ijaws, but Yoruba, hausa, Fulani and tvi people clown
You Igbos desperation to drag others into your doom will be the end of you. You are here dragging bonny people who have nothing in common with you they don't Practice your culture or bear Igbo names some how somewhere you are still dragging them continued.

That same Bonny people you are dragging will be the first to drowned you in that Bonny sea.

BTW they speak Igbo( not all of them) because igbo then, is the only way to communicate with slaves ( which Igbo people are)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allen102:

They are not ijaws, but Yoruba, hausa, Fulani and tvi people clown
You Igbos desperation to drag others into your doom will be the end of you. You are here dragging bonny people who have nothing in common with you they don't Practice your culture or bear Igbo names some how somewhere you are still dragging them continued.

That sane Bonny people you are dragging will be the first to drowned you in that Bonny sea.

BTW they speak Igbo( not all of them) became igbo then, is the only way to communicate with slaves ( which Igbo people are)

You haven't countered Dr. Baikie's account. He wrote this down from the proverbial horse's mouth. Bonny people clearly told him they're of Igbo descent.

Are you trying to say Ndoki-Igbos are not the original settlers in Bonny (Ubani)?

I am aware that you Ijaws have been making plans to twist history and claim that Ndoki-Igbos are Ijaws. Here is a link to prove that

https://www.nairaland.com/5150843/ndoki-clan-reunion-ijaw-root
Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Allen102: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

You haven't countered Dr. Baikie's account. He wrote this down from the proverbial horse's mouth. Bonny people clearly told him they're of Igbo descent.

Are you trying to say Ndoki-Igbos are not the original settlers in Bonny (Ubani)?

I am aware that you Ijaws have been making plans to twist history and claim that Ndoki-Igbos are Ijaws. Here is a link to prove that

https://www.nairaland.com/5150843/ndoki-clan-reunion-ijaw-root

Which Bonny people told who that they are igbos? shocked shocked

I don't need to counter anything because, you have no idea what you are talking about. grin grin

Bonny people are 110% ijaws with 2% of Igbo blood ( slaves)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Graysons: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

Yes they are igbos! That's why they bear ijaws names like:

shocked shocked

Ayiba

Priye

Boma

Tamuno

and so on

That's why they have Amayanabo as their King. shocked shocked shocked

Na mumu they worry you Igbos I swear.

Stay da fvck away from Ijaw people.

Spit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allen102:

Which Bonny people told who that they are igbos? shocked shocked

I don't need to counter anything because, you have no idea what you are talking about. grin grin

Bonny people are 110% ijaws with 2% of Igbo blood ( slaves)

First of all, the royal family remains Igbo till today.

Fulanis even gave Orji Uzor Kalu titled, yet he remains Igbo

The thing is that Ijaws for over a century have been planning on taking over Ndoki land of Ubani, with little cultural encroachments here and there.
The other day I was watching a new Ijaw cultural display now going on in Bonny which only started last year, so that in a 100 years time, Ijaws will start claiming that that cultural display has been there for a thousand years.

You even went as far as trying to confuse some Ndoki people that they're originally Ijaw. https://www.nairaland.com/5150843/ndoki-clan-reunion-ijaw-root
When Ndoki people come up with their claims, don't be scared. Let Ndoki people hear that you wanna claim their territory.

By the way, is NWAOTAM an Ijaw word grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Allen102: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

First of all, their royal family remains Igbo till today.

Fulanis even gave Orji Uzor Kalu titled, yet he remains Igbo

The thing is that Ijaws for over a century have been planning on taking over Ndoki land of Ubani, with little cultural encroachments here and there.
The other day I was watching a new Ijaw cultural display now going on in Bonny which only started past year, so that in a 100 years time, Ijaws will start claiming that that cultural display has been there for a thousand years.

You even went as far as trying to confuse some Ndoki people that they're originally Ijaw. https://www.nairaland.com/5150843/ndoki-clan-reunion-ijaw-root
When Ndoki people come up with their claims, don't be scared. Let Ndoki people hear that you wanna claim their territory.

By the way, is NWAOTAM an Ijaw word grin grin

You lying son of the devil which royal family are igbos? grin grin

From your write up, you don't even know what you are talking about self grin grin

In case you forget, let me remind you. Bonny people fought against Biafra they are the ones who aid Nigerian army to slaughter igbos during the war, they help by drowning you clown in Bonny sea and they will not think twice to do it again.
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Graysons: 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allen102:

From your write up, you don't even know what you are talking about self grin grin

In case you forget, let me remind you. Bonny people fought against Biafra they are the ones who aid Nigerian army to slaughter igbos during the war, they help by drowning you clown in Bonny sea and they will not think twice to do it again.
grin grin grin grin

Preach it brother preach it!

That clown Ofolgbo2 don't know Bonny people don't like Igbo's that much, they are trying their best to avoid igbos.

If they are not bearing ijaw names they rather op for English names like brown, green, blue Jack and co because they don't want anything to do with igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allen102:

From your white up, you don't even know what you are talking about self grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Unfortunately for you, the British explorers have already put down in writing, the real owners of Bonny. You can go and hang yourself. When we come for our possession, you just have to crawl back into your hole.

Ukpabi Asika was against his fellow Igbos in the Biafran war, so also was Gen. Ike Nwachukwu and a host of others. That doesn't make them, less of Igbos.

Whatever intimidation you Ijaws have used on Bonny people will be lifted at the appointed time. I know you guys are making frantic efforts for the Bonny people to learn Ijaw, as they don't speak it. They speak Igbo, which is their mother tongue.

Your attempts at cultural re-engineering of the Ndokis won't work also.
Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

Try to read other writers, too. Baikie is not the only person who wrote something about Bonny history.

The short version of Bonny history is that there are Igbo (Ngwa/Ndoki and then servile Igbo) and Ijaw elements in Bonny. The people tilt towards Ijawness and that is how they identify. Their identity within modern Nigerian ethnopolitics today is Ijaw, not Igbo. This is simple to understand. Every other thing na mental over-exercise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

What is a Prince Chukwuma doing in Bonny?

Why did King Pepple give Dr. Baikie a list of Igbo words, in explaining the Ubani (Igbo) language to the white man

You think we don't know you guys have been making attempts to confuse the Ndokis, and force them into believing they were originally Ijaws

There was never a Prince Chukwuma in Bonny. Try to read beyond the frontispiece. That Prince Chukwuma was from Aboh, son of Obi Ossai.

Not that there were not figures in Bonny who had Igbo names (like Madu or Maduka, who was an Igbo ex-slave), but there was no Prince Chukwuma in Bonny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Up 2 Da Waa / IGBO What Does This Name Mean / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.