Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! (3669 Views)

AWCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Senegal - 2 - 0 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Seun(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2006
Nigeria's Obafemi Martins scored two goals in the 79th and 88th minute to secure a 2-1 victory over Senegal and the top spot in group D. Senegal missed numerous chances and should have won, but still went through on goal difference despite only picking up three points in three games.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4659830.stm
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Scorpio(f): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2006
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! we won
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by dejiolowe: 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2006
Ope factorial!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by luridguy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2006
grin we always start bad these super eagles will not give someone heartattack

any way am just happy martins was able to score and papilo keeps on doing a good job i think these guys can go all the way
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by badman(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2006
those guys tried ooooh!!! the match was full of tension obafemi is back
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by c0dec(m): 8:54pm On Jan 31, 2006
up eagles! grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by IAH(f): 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2006
luridguy:

any way am just happy martins was able to score and papilo keeps on doing a good job i think these guys can go all the way

Yes, we can go all the way and lift the cup! The only people to be afraid of are the Indomitable Lions but I tell you, they will turn to Indomi[b]chair[/b] when we meet them in the semi-finals in Jesus name. Amen!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Icon(m): 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2006
luridguy:

Na so o. Thank God.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2006
hey u guys what do you think of our defence? i think Chidi Ordia is doing a good job at the right back but don't you think we need the experience of babayaro or udeze on that left back postiton and then no player on outside left?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by layi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2006
Papilo anytime

But wait o...i gasto to go see doctor tomorow...my voice don seize.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2006
i mean they did well but against a side that did not waste their chances we'd have been 3 goals down. watch that first shot by diomansy camara in the 6th minute, he just turned taiwo to a spectator.
i like the shots but we need a solid man in that defence. The central defender, enaikhaire is also very bad!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by IAH(f): 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2006
layi:

Papilo anytime

But wait o...i gasto to go see doctor tomorow...my voice don seize.

From screaming? Awww, Sorry dear. kiss
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by jayvinnie(m): 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
that was very good to the last mins, l thought that senegal  would win nigeria because Senegal scored a goal
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by luridguy(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2006
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by luridguy(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2006
i think taiwo should just reduce the way he goes forward so he does not get in to trobule when trying to get back to his position i like this team they should not change it except okocha is fit to play
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by FOD(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2006
Taiwo was made to look too ordinary today, he just allowed Kamara to shine... I hope he steps up his game in our subsequent match(es).
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by goodguy(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2006
Taiye Taiwo needs to STOP playing freekicks for us.

Ayila and Makinwa are too aggressive.

Martins always gets the wrong cross from our midfielders. Funny enough, he's the first and only striker who has scored for Nigeria so far.

Odiah is an Okocha wannabe, though he's a defender.

Papilo is a great super-sub for life! That guy is ten much!!

The match was a great one! Though the eagles didn't impress me, their goals sure did! grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by bagoma(f): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2006
i really thank God we carried the day. i feel sorry for Ghana.  oh what a group ours turned out to be.

senegal beat zimbabwe, then
ghana beats senegal and
zimbabwe beat ghana.

but NIGERIA beats them all.
way to go super eagles!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by bagoma(f): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2006
i feel really sorry for ghana, dont know what happened to them, they fell apart when it mattered most.
i wish they had progressed alongside nigeria, i like them better than the senegalese. they are like our brothers.
well too bad!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Chxta(m): 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2006
Let's celebrate!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Ozone(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2006
Hey. What ever happened to Pius Ikedia
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by pie1ect(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2006
@Bagoma
Honestly, I expected Ghana to lose today, by an even bigger margin.
Those guys are the biggest chokers in football, it seems. My pal lost over 150 bucks today because he placed a bet on Ghana thrashing Zimbabwe (against my advice, I might add).
God help Africa at the world cup.

Respect for the character we showed today. I really liked the way we made Senegal look so ordinary in the final few minutes. But for over 70mins, I admit my heart was closer to my mouth than my chest. Well, I'm
looking forward to a thriller when we meet the most over-rated African football team -->Tunisia.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2006
Pius Ikedia? do i think someone is stoll rooting for that guy to return to the eagles? what a shame!
Taiye Taiwo's thunderous shots have made us to overlook the fact that he is not yet mature enough to handle that left back position. pls let us have udeze or babayaro back b4 we finally fumble our way out of this cup. odia was superb in his position so far.
great forward line except we need to finally stick with one team and let them gel together instead of this constant reshuffling of players since 2002!

Enyeama is surely without doubt nigeria's best player at the moment. Aghawonder? What ever happened to that fellow?

Martins, Nwankwo kanu, Obi Mikel have been wonderful so far. they should carry on.

Tunisia, the most over rated team in this tourney? i beg to disagree, no star but a closely knit team that have been together since 2003-2004 which is why they play like a perfectly oiled machine. just like we used to have the eagles of 1994, u can almost predict the entire tunisian line up for saturday. watch out for santos and that guy that plays no. 7 for them! those are the heart of their team.

May God help my motherland
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2006
the most over rated player of this tournament? in my oppinion that award should go to the duo of

1. Didier Drogba
2. Mohammed Mido
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by queen2(f): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2006
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2006
queen2:

see this

http://www.eurosport.com/football/mc_vid23259.shtml

nope sorry, not the match.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by queen2(f): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2006
embarassed oh ok grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2006
queen2:

embarassed oh ok grin

didn't u get to watch the match? it was live on http://can2006.telesud.com/

though u have to pay some coins to get the matches... grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2006
ah, bye bye ivory coast. they will surely be roasted by cameroun.

if our defence is what we are taking to face tunisia we are in big trouble!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by bagoma(f): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2006
@ pie1ect, didn't expect Ghana to lose this way, not with the way they came out against Nigeria and certainly not with the way they've been talking, the coach, their journalists, fans et al..
o ma se oooo!

do you think Tunisia is over rated? over rated by who?
well i believe its good for super eagles to meet them because there is some element of fear and respect on our part for them, thats good because we always have this annoying knack of underrating our opponents. at least here we wont under-rate the Tunisians.
mind you we'll be thirsting for revenge.
egueavon skills will be put to test yet again, it will be an interesting match no doubt.
but a must watch is ivory coast vs cameroon.

strongly believe we'll emerge conquerors at the end of the day.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Ozone(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2006
@ davidylan. How well did that site work? I already posted a link to it on my site www.olaide.com, but I wanted to hear your opinion on it.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs. Senegal: 2 - 1! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 31, 2006
Ozone:

@ davidylan. How well did that site work? I already posted a link to it on my site www.olaide.com, but I wanted to hear your opinion on it.

Beautiful is the word. i watch all the games live (the times indicated are US Eastern time though), i get to re watch the matches i miss and i can get all the highlights.
Just get a account by paying the required fee (u can do that with any credit or debit card), i payed $30 for all the 32 games.
picture quality is great, just like watching on tv and the commentaries are run by CFI.

i am yet to be disappointed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Finally Sign For Manchester United / Sports Betting Whatsapp Group / B/w Mohammed Salah And Hazard Who Is The Best Currently. Please Be Sincere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.