Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. (1136 Views)

Drinking Garri: Who Else Will Never Stop Enjoying This Food? / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / Five Reasons You Must Stop Drinking Garri Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2020
Someone said Nigerians are always reacting, lol. Well, why won't we react, how can someone come and disrespect a fast-food like garri openly? She posted different types of garri combinations and then said drinking garri may never be our portion. See the garri combinations first of all, the ones she posted and the ones that people also posted in response.

Garri with milk, garri with sugar and groundnut, garri with chicken, garri with fish, garri with kilishi, garri is a lover of many things, yet you say may garri never be our portion. One lady replied that this type of garri is her portion and I can definitely relate with that. There was one that even had flower in it and I was really shocked myself, garri as gone far o.

One person said the garri went to Havard for having flour in it, many spoke up for garri and called out her disrespectful actions towards the life saving meal. Oh yes, garri is life saving please, you don't need to cook it to enjoy it, all you need to do is simply get your water, ice and whatever you want to take with it and bam!

Many believe that taking garri means poverty but that is actually false, someone even reminded her that former president Obasanjo has been seen taking garri and he definitely isn't a poor man.

Which garri combinations do you like the most?

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2020
More...

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2020
People Reactions:

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2020
More..

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2020
And...

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Brandonx(m): 9:11am On Aug 04, 2020
It depends. I don't drink Garri not because it's bad but the day I tried it, I had a severe stomach upset.
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by DaddyRochie1642: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2020
I take my garri without Sugar but with lots of groundnuts grin grin
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by kestolove95(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2020
Garri na garri no matter how you try to package am..but wait, who tell una say na only poor people dey drink garri?
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
I take my garri without Sugar but with lots of groundnuts grin grin
grin grin grin grin Baddest....
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by illicit(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2020
I will take Garri to Canada sef
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2020
illicit:
I will take Garri to Canada sef
grin grin grin grin. Not bad

1 Like

Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lol, I'm an Ijebu girl and I love garri a lot, I'd prefer it with just groundnut, fish, grilled/cooked/fried chicken or smoked fish but not with cold water, also, I do not like my garri with milk. grin
Re: She Said "May Drinking Garri Never Be Our Portion", See How People Reacted. by Great100000: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Lol, I'm an Ijebu girl and I love garri a lot, I'd prefer it with just groundnut, fish, grilled/cooked/fried chicken or smoked fish but not with cold water, also, I do not like my garri with milk. grin
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Hot Rice$ Beans And Stew / Honey Bunches Of Oats Cereal / Bad Food Combination You Actually Enjoyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.