Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State (29561 Views)

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Bahamas95(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
When you see oyibo zoo you go jealous the animals if care is not taken.

But the ones for one mumu country for West Africa na disaster......They should eat the animals or release them into the wild jor, stop punishing them.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by AMvanquish: 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Rachaelgold:
It is a federal college under the supervision of forestry research institute of Nigeria (FRIN) and the ministry of environment oversees FRIN.

Thanks for that.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by hexenbiest: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is really wonder.

Meanwhile! I just stumbled on these tips to make your network work for your business by Aramide Abe and decided to share.

1. Focus on what you can give
2. Knowledge & research

These tips apply both online & offline networking. SMEs should take it to heart. FCMBtop5in5 Click link below to watch the video https://on.fcmb.com/Top5-7
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Dpsychologist:

4. Antelope
The antelope is very shy
I never knew xynerise is shy... undecided

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Dpsychologist:
The Nile crocodile
Ancient beast...
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
Honestly, no zoo should exist in Nigeria.

I am yet to see any decent zoo.

The one at OAU is one of the worst.

Hyenas are social animals, but in OAU, you have a hyena all alone by itself in its enclosure. That animal (if it is still there) will be depressed, no doubt about that.

If you can't keep animals, release them into the wild. They will do a better job of taking care of themselves than any Nigerian zoo can.
This is so sad. The poor thing will die of depression cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by xynerise: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

grin grin

Let me catch you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
xynerise:

grin grin

Let me catch you
tongue cheesy
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Wigetsolar: 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Andrew13:
Na wa
See as animal scarce for zoo,Nigerians don chop everything.
See as museum de disorganize
grin
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Sufisunni: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Dpsychologist:
My Trip to Federal College Of Wildlife Management

Recently i went to a trip to Federal College Of Wildlife Management in New-Bussa, Borgu LGA, Niger State. The aim of the trip was to carryout research on the flora(plants) and fauna(animals) in that area.

The journey from Kaduna to there was close to 8hours, mehn it was exhausting. The road we followed was kinda bad. I lodge at a hotel that day and the next day i resumed for research.

I was given a tour by a Wildlife guard throughout the area, it is not that big. It was then i learned that the Federal College of Wildlife Management, New-Bussa was established in 1978 to train technical and sub-technical staff in the area of Wildlife conservation and management. It has its first intake of students on the 17th March, 1980.

The trainees (Wildlife Guards and Scouts) usually undergo a six month course in Wildlife Conservation and Management. The College gives admission for National and Higher National Diploma.

I was able to snap pictures in the zoo and wildlife museum but i was not allowed to snap the museum of Nigerian National history.
That's quite nice of you.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by sylve11: 8:05am On Aug 07, 2020
@ op, nice one. But animals scarce there o. sadcool
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
This is so sad. The poor thing will die of depression cry
Honestly, very sad.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by sylve11: 8:10am On Aug 07, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
Honestly, no zoo should exist in Nigeria.

I am yet to see any decent zoo.

The one at OAU is one of the worst.

Hyenas are social animals, but in OAU, you have a hyena all alone by itself in its enclosure. That animal (if it is still there) will be depressed, no doubt about that.

If you can't keep animals, release them into the wild. They will do a better job of taking care of themselves than any Nigerian zoo can.

This country is just somehow. sad cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2020
sylve11:

This country is just somehow. sad cool
Honestly.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
Ishi grin
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Iceyjayz: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2020
ValCon888:
This place should be called Federal College of Wildlife Mismanagement.
cheesy
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Babawostarboy(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2020
very interesting
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Aramide1986: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2020
MY SCHOOL MY PRIDE
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Ishi grin
Yelz? tongue
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:52am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
Yelz? tongue
I was greeting you cheesy
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Ishilove: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I was greeting you cheesy
Thank you for the greeting. You are blessed cheesy
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
Thank you for the greeting. You are blessed cheesy
Amen. Stay blessed.
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Dpsychologist: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2020
Aramide1986:
MY SCHOOL MY PRIDE
Wow, you school there
Re: My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State by Goldencheese(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2020
OP, thanks for sharing your travel experience with your bae to Cross River and Akwa Ibom States with us.

More blessings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Rams Into Vehicles Along Abuja Highway, Many People Feared Dead / Nigerians React To Lekki Toll Gate Fee Increment On Twitter / Passengers In Tears After Escaping An Air Mishap, Today, In PH, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.