Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) (4054 Views)

Nations Championship: Nigeria 3 Vs Niger 1 (live) 84' / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by heyma: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2007
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Dapo4u(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2007
I was unable to watch the match all the same kudos to the guys for doing us proud.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by lordimpaq(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2007
that was the wackiest match i've ever watched, we didn't play any pattern,

but that was a well taken goal from aiyegbeni,
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by heyma: 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2007
lordimpaq:

that was the wackiest match i've ever watched, we didn't play any pattern,

but that was a well taken goal from aiyegbeni,

Trust our   Super EGOS     sorry  Super EAGLES. Thank grace they won. I miss USA 94 Team
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by champredd(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2007
In my view, I will say they escape by the skin of their teeth. Niger nearly became Uganda II. They equalised and if luck had not been at the eagle's side, I can guarantee it would have been a draw.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by 9ja4eva: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2007
What was the line up of the match somebody?

Did dey die without Mikel now?Chai we better start learning
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by candylips(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2007
i dont know what d mikel plays sef. he is the most overrated nigerian player ever. he plays rubbish
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by walcott(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2007
thank you, the Mickel guy is messed up and he forms as if he is one important figure. grin
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by georgies(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2007
I dont agree that he plays rubbish
His attitude is horrible
Playing for club is not more important than country as country appreance counts more
Big boys like Kanu and Yobo honour every duty not to talk of ,
Yobo played all 90mins of every premier league game and still came to camp injured.
I think Mikel deserved the discipline and even more.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by topeorekoy(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2007
nigeria shld just start punishing any player that doesnt honour national call by not calling them again and dont come to their rescue when they have problems with their club
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dblock(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2007
Mikel is an idiot, because to attain a Work Permit he has to play at least 75% of Nigerian Matches.

It was an alright match, but it was a Physical Match, as opposed to The Technical Matches that The Super Eagles used to play. The Eagles have lost a lot of their flare, and they now rely mainly on Possession, to score. In the match there was a lack of the Okocha Factor, or The Yobo Factor. The players didn't connect, but perhaps it is to do with the fact that The New Team is still being formed. The Midfield lacks the essence that Okocha created in his day.

The match could have went either way and I think that The Super Eagles were lucky. I'm happy with the Victory nonetheless and I think Berti Vogts did his Homework. Hopefully this match will act as a Benchmark for a New Beginning. wink
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Adjuster: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2007
Thank God, we escaped with 3-points but the team failed to play like real Nigeria team.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by BabaO2: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2007
Not super eagles yet. No player is still playing better than Okocha in the midfield, no player is still playing better than Yekini in the attack. No player is still playing better than okechuchukwu in the central defence.

The only player that has been making the difference for Nigeria for now is Kanu despite his age. Without Kanu, we would have woefully lost in both Uganda and Niger matches.

Please pray for Mikel, it is one of those youthful exuberances. We should remember that despite the fact that this boy was not medically fit to play Nigeria/Ghana friendly he disregarded Chelsea to honour the match.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2007
I hope they've learnt their lessons, Cos, It wouldn't have been funny if the reverse was the case. Niger 3: Nigeria 1 shocked

But thank God we won.

Kudos to Super Eagles!!!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Soundmind(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2007
They did not actually play like the old eagles captained by Okocha but i have comend them for the victory. One man i bow for is Kalu Nwankwo, He have shown much committment in the national team. His passes is also very good.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Boller: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2007
I don't know why you pple blaming palyers and forgot about our German based National Coach. How can a Nigeria National coach says he has no reason stay in nigeria where we have clubs like Enyinba, Gombe United Wikki and rest of them. I bet you Enyimba boys can beat Niger 10-0 only if Vogts is aware of that. Less did any of you know that Vogts was not around to watch Nigeria clubs super 4 championship. A beg i don't believe about these arrogant foreign coachs. Let have back Baba Onigbinde for God's sake that is the man I think we need as our National coach in this country. Abo oro,
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dblock(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2007
Eguavon's team was considerably stronger. The team had an attitude problem, but the team could have made to the Quarter Finals of The World Cup any day
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by obasanjo2(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2007
Y do we have to struggle to beat NIGER REPUBLIC? Please let no one tell me there are no minnows again o!  angry  These Eagles play better for their clubs and they come here to play rubbish. Mikel is always super in Chelsea  colours but because we gave him an automatic shirt in the senior team, he takes us for granted. While we were fumbling in Namboole, he was playing 5-a-side in Jos! We need to instill discipline in that team like Westerhof did - he once told the legendary Jay Jay that he was playing 'school boy football'. He made Okocha sit out matches while throwing the more purposeful Thompson Oliha into  the fold. Result? Okocha gave himself 'brain' and became disciplined and also stopped playing to the gallery.

Kudos to dedicated players like Kanu, Osaze, Utaka, Enyeama, Yobo etc and welcome Danny Shittu and Robocop. I just pray we don't get to meet Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroun, Egypt or Tunisia anytime soon because we'll be skinned! The wingless Eagles need a serious overhauling!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by viee(f): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2007
at least we won if nutin else undecided
i wish we Vogts can get his acts together and build a team we can all be proud of sad
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dinozzo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2007
don't think the result we got in Niamey had anything to do with Vogts we could've gotten it with Eguavoen even maybe a better result. We beat Algeria at their home ground 5-2 in the last game of the 2006 world cup qualifiers.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by seriousguy: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2007
i'm not carried away by this margin of 3 goals to 1. the standard of play is far below expectation. i can't imagine that our football has gone so low that an average nigerian is now afraid of being beaten by 'small' nations simply b/cos of bad attitude of players like Mikel.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by deb(m): 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2007
Lets give Vogt a chance to build his own team.

And I think we should stop expecting the super eagles to
play like one that has Jay Jay Okocha.

Okocha is gone. We should start thinking of having a unique
pattern that fits the present crop of players left.

However, I must say that the match against Niger wasn't the best
we expect from eagles despite the scoreline
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by elrufai2(m): 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2007
Let have back Baba Onigbinde for God's sake that is the man I think we need as our National coach in this country. Abo oro

@ Boller
I'm amazed at people like you. I cringe and practically shiver whenever I have to read stuff people like you post on this site! What do mean by having Onigbinde back as Eagles coach? An old man without any ideas Even the players criticised him.  Do you want to bury Nigerian football? For God's sake Onigbinde is a failure as far as coaching is concerned. The man is technically bankrupt! We havent quite recovered since he last handled that team. He's the worst coach in the history of the Super Eagles.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Esss(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2007
Nigerians and their big egos,

Una win, wetin again una want??

I was too busy to watch the match, but a win is a win, even if na penalty

Lets stop thinking that our Nigerian squad are a team of Gods, Dont ever under-estimate any team, (for god sakes TOGO went to the world cup and senegal and cameroun and south africa e.t.c didnt).

Football no carry any country name ontop o
Big up Nigeria, we go reach there
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by ohikhena(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2007
When i sit down and remember the eagles of senegal 92,tunisia 94 & U.S.A.94, i weep.Gone are the days when honest men were at the helms of affair at the football house.men like Sani Toro ,men like air commodore emeka emerua & Anthony Ikhazobo of blessed memory.That was when we where a force to reckon with in football.When the simple mention of our name sent fear down the spine of our opponents.That was when we had ateam that was working like a well oiled engine.Today's eagle is a far cry from the eagles of 94.matches are won today as result of individual skills instead of teamwork.our problem has remained those at the helms of affair at the glass house.the 3-1 victory at niamey is a welcome development at least the jinx of not scoring more than 2 in our most recent matches has been broken.what i will ask all nairalander and all lovers of our super eagles to do is to continue presssurizing the authority until positive changes are implemented.
LETS SAY NO TO CORRUPT N.F.A OFFICIALS
LETS SAY NO TO A COACH WHO HAS REFUSED TO DEVELOP YOUNG TALENTS IN    OUR COUNTRY.
LETS SAY NO TO PEOPLE LIKE MIKEL  B'COS IF THE LIKES OF KANU CAN HONOUR THE NATIONAL CALL THEN WE CAN'T C Y HE SHOULD BE IN JOS PLAYING FIVE A SIDE
FINALLY LET ME THANK OUR EAGLES FOR BEING PATROTIC.OUR EAGLES WILL RULE AGAIN.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
100% NIGERIA
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by deb(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2007
I'm amazed at people like you. I cringe and practically shiver whenever I have to read stuff people like you post on this site! What do mean by having Onigbinde back as Eagles coach? An old man without any ideas Even the players criticised him.  Do you want to bury Nigerian football? For God's sake Onigbinde is a failure as far as coaching is concerned. The man is technically bankrupt! We havent quite recovered since he last handled that team. He's the worst coach in the history of the Super Eagles.

I completely disagree with you sir. Dont forget that man is recognised by FIFA
If every Nigerian coach can instil the kind of spirit he injected in that barely 2 months old
super eagles that he took to Korea/Japan our football would not be dragging the way it is now.

Nigerians did not even give the man a chance. I can tell you that with Onigbinde kind of coach
Enyimba will believe they can beat Brazil and they will eventually do it. Forget the Korea/Japan
results. Onigbinde is about the best Nigerian coach ever!

Nigerian footballers are extremely talented. They only need a motivator and somebody who can instill
discipline in them. All things being equal, we have players who can win the World Cup but bad
administration wont allow us cause we keep sacking coaches unnecessarily and when we need to sack
we wont until the die has been cast - that is the case of Christian Chukwu who had all the chance.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2007
This post is sort of off some of the discussions above.

Why do you think Nigerian footballers ignore the call of the country when they invite them for duty. I have not been to figure it out.

Can someone please tell me?
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by seriousguy: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2007
Ogbonge. its simply 'GREED and ARROGANCE' that makes these players not want to respond to nationl call. its very obvious that Nigeria (NFA) will not pay the type of match bonus these guys earn at club levels. it should be a thing of pride for them to put on our national colors (Kanu Nwankwo/Joseph Yobo are shinning examples). i'm entirely upset with Mikel Obi who suddenly thinks he's bigger than Nigeria. this guys respects Jose Mourinho (Chelsea Coach) than the entire Nigeria.

But watch wats gonna happen. He needs to play certain no. of matches for his country to be eligible to feature in Premiership, then he's going to start begging 4 forgiveness and so many Nigerians will start to crucify Voghts/NFA. We need to descend heavily on erring players in order to serve as deterrent to others.

Remember Clemence Westerhof instilled DISCIPLINE and achieved results, pls join me in this crusade and our EAGLES will be truly 'SUPER'
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by amaikama(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2007
Abeg make i hear word boo!! una don malage beat Niger una de happy. wey una dey wey Ghana dey trash una yansh? had it been na dem beat craze 4 una head now, ppl no go see how dem take walop una but wen una want cover una shame, una take Niger do practise say na match.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm i hear una

cheers
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ amaikama

Don't mind them all. Shameless players and fans grin
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by elrufai2(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ Deb

i believe the best way to access a coach is by the results he achieved. Japan/Korea was a disaster and that smirks of incompetence. The man in his infinite wisdom decided to prosecute a tournament as big and important as the world cup with rookies and some over- aged players! Nigeria could have done better in that tournament. How can you say Onigbinde is the best Nigerian coach? what are his results both ay home and abroad? lets look at his cv? he was only able to coach the u/17 team of unknown quantities such as Trinidad and Tobago! is that anything to write home about? has he handled any local clubs in the last 15 years of our football?

what would you say about the likes of Samson Siasia and Stephen Keshi doing Nigeria proud all over? pls lets learn to be objective and factual in the way we analyse issues. Adegboye Onigbinde is the worst Nigerian coach ever! Enuff said!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by jejelolatu(f): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2007
WACK. the match was totally wack. but we got the three points and that is the KOKO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Athlete, Blessing Okagbare Is 2010 World's Fastest Woman / ₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C / Sure Prediction For Today's EPL Matches As Release By Prophet Kekakuz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.