Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43324 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2009
Countdown to the showdown!!!

Nigeria takes on Egypt at the 2010 Nations Cup.

Arguably the 'nearly-men' of African football, Nigeria have won the Africa Cup of Nations on two occasions, but have been runners up a further four times.

In fact, they have been semifinalists 12 times, and their two victories signify an extremely poor conversion rate from there.

They first appeared in the tournament in 1963, when they bowed out in the first round, before having to wait until 1976 for their next showing, this time reaching the last four.

There followed a prosperous time in the country's football as they claimed the title in 1980 and 1994, finishing runners-up on three more occasions in between.

They chose not to particpate in the 1996 event in South Africa for political reasons, and were subsequently suspended from the 1998 tournament too.

Since then they have finished as runners-up (2000), semifinalists (2002, 2004, 2006) and quarterfinalists (2008), a worrying backward trend for the Super Eagles.

Can the Super Eagles make history? This will be a cracker!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by showbobo(m): 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
Thats definitely going to be a tough one. . . We might be able to pull a draw or win narrowly cos we're no match for Egypt.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ochukoccna: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2009
Yawns, puts off the lights and goes to sleep. cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ochukoccna: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2009
ochukoccna:

Will wake up when 9ja hires a technically astute person as head coach. cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by MrCrackles(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2009
ochukoccna:

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
ochukoccna:

grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by jude33084(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
Why are Nigerians always working so hard and just let a whiteman come and collect the glory. Its not fair you know. angry
I hate to hear people talk about foreign coaches when they don't even know how we qualified and who made it happen. sad

To crown it all we do't even respect our boys.

We should allow Amodu to continue with those boys and I bet you Nigeria will disgrace Egypt. This is because he has been with the boys for some time now. cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by surveyProf(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2009
Well as for Nigeria Vs Egypt match, Nigeria will carry the day, all things be equal.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by jude33084(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
If you look at this match very closely, you will find out that Nigeria is always giving the Faroes problem.

The kind of game we play frustrate tem alot. cheesy

Nigeria will top the group with 7 points cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nguage(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2009
Can we please get a Westerhof/Siasia combo if we plan to win anything?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
Wester-who?

Amodu/Siasia combo should do just fine.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by alex406(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
why cant we just focus on what we have not until we loose it.Why would some suggest westerhof as our coach.I wonder when we will start appreciating our indigenous endowment.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kaydee(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2009
jude33084:

Why are Nigerians always working so hard and just let a whiteman come and collect the glory. Its not fair you know. angry
I hate to hear people talk about foreign coaches when they don't even know how we qualified and who made it happen. sad

We should allow Amodu to continue with those boys and I bet you Nigeria will disgrace Egypt. This is because he has been with the boys for some time now. cool

alex406:

why cant we just focus on what we have not until we loose it.Why would some suggest westerhof as our coach.I wonder when we will start appreciating our indigenous endowment.

Listen to the "Parable of England",they tried to be patriotic like you, The rest is history. Amodu lost his mojo,he was good in his first stint with the team but he's just clueless now.We need someone who can detect good and hungry players,not Amodu's wasted legs,he'll make Maradona look like a technical genius when we meet Argentina but i'm sure he'll be sacked after the nation's cup.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hollandis(f): 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
I will predict when NFF hires a technical adviser
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mamagee3(f): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2009
Nigeria is set to kick their butts off to Egypt. cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by vislabraye(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2009
jude33084:

I hate to hear people talk about foreign coaches when they don't even know how we qualified and who made it happen.
sad

Your argument is baseless. Why are Nigerians so sentimental? They want to manage mediocrity in the name of being patriotic. In case you don't know, it's a foreign coach handling the national team of almighty ENGLAND, the origin of football. You can't even compare the quality of English coaches to what we have in Africa, but they decided to employ a FOREIGN coach. And he's even the highest earning national team coach and the third highest paid coach in the world. What can you say to that?

NFF/ NFA know the right thing to do, but did not do it. It's now they are thinking of hire a National team coach when they should have done it long before now.

Amodu is not a bad coach, he might be the best hand in Nigeria. This goes to show you that we should hire a foreign coach,

I have digressed from the main topic. I believe we can handle Egypt, but it's not going to be any easy task. North African teams have been troubling us ( apart from the Amokachi/ Finidi generation ). We need to find a formula to handle them.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 06, 2009
FBS:

Wester-who?

Amodu/Siasia combo should do just fine.

Yeah, even the best coach of this world do not win matches everyday.

What did the white coach we recruited last did for us at the Nations Cup? scre.wed us:::

An interview with John Fashanu on CNN: He said the NFF should give Amodu the chance to coach our Super Eagles, with time he will improve also he has taken us to the world cup twice and he is one of the best coach we had.

Anti-Amodu should go and sleep
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Well, i voted the no 14 on the poll casted for Nigeria. . . . . wink[/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by emiwanlee(m): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2009
If amodu is still coach Egypt 9 Nigeria 0
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hoodboy(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2009
All of you people screaming for foreign coach, Have u ever thought of the number of foreign coaches at the african Cup of nations, and yet the last two cups was won by an indigenous coach, you guys can all take a chill pill, hard work demands reward, Amodu got us there, He should take us there.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kayality: 11:07am On Dec 06, 2009
emiwanlee:

Good one
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by princekevo(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2009
With Amodu and this same team, i jst voted them draw against Egypt. That is mostly the best Amodu has coached them. I hope they dont disappoint me at last.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by annyplenty(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2009
surveyProf:

Well as for Nigeria Vs Egypt match, Nigeria will carry the day, all things be equal.

but with Nigeria all things are not always equal.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by yousouph(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
At least, let see how Amodu will do at AFCON. @topic- draw aint bad considering our present form and appalling defence
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Debroslink: 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by udennaa: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
Egypt 4 Nigeria0
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by vikiviko(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2009
the Eagles will win
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mrofficial(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2009
The eagles will win if they play well. Big boys football leads to nowhere.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by bandely(m): 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
emiwanlee:

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by MustardInc: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2009
We need a Coach who WATCH Nigerian Players ABROAD week-in week-out

& one that UNDERSTANDS THEIR POSITIONS:

1. Mikel is a WORLD CLASS DM [Give that Number 10 to Rabiu or Someone else]

2. Kalu Uche is not a Midfielder in Almeria [but a POWERFUL Support Striker]

3. Joseph Yobo is a JOKE.

4. Chinedu Obasi hasn't FOUND HIS FORM yet.

5. Taiye Taiwo would be a better 11 than the ERATIC Number 3 he currently is.

5. Utaka & Kanu[with all due respect] are no more FOOTBALLERS.
[size=13pt]

We could be 1st or 4th depending on these things[/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mrofficial(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2009
bandely:

Without amodu, eagles can win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And His Bugatti Chiron Pictured / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win / Pochettino Reacts To Messi’s Handshake Snub After Substition Against Lyon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.