Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 (392 Views)

Igbos Celebrate New Yam Festival In Ghana (Photos) / Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Attends Imo Yam Festival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 by Akaojoto1979(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
With total adherence to Anambra state laid-down rules on prevention of Corona virus. Ojoto town, the headquarters of Idemili south local government area of Anambra state, held the annual new yam festival ( iri ji) at the palace of His Royal Majesty, Igwe Gerald Obunadike Mbamalu, Ksm, Eze Oranyelu 1, Eze Ojoto 111.

One of the highlights of the occasion was when the reverred monarch thanked God almighty for his mercies amongst his subjects and the opportunity they had in witnessing the new yam festival.

It was not business as usual because of Corona virus pandemic, all the paraphernalia that were known with the festival were not done due to government directives that every function that would attract much crowd would not be condoned.

The president general of the town union, High Chief Donatus Anozie, expressed his happiness on how God has kept every indigene of Ojoto free from the Corona virus pandemic, he also admonsihed all sons and daughters of Ojoto, wherever they are, to be cautious of what they do, to avoid contracting Corona virus, he prayed that next year's new yam festival would be celebrated more than this year's.

The event came to close after friends and well-wishers paid homage to the king.

1 Share

Re: Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 by Emperor4tune(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
I hope no life was secretely sacrifice to any god,this thing u guys celebrate as new yam festival has always place worries in my heart & has never been ordinary
Re: Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 by sambass(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2020
You are high on Kwale weed
Emperor4tune:
I hope no life was secretely sacrifice to any god,this thing u guys celebrate as new yam festival has always place worries in my heart & has never been ordinary
Re: Ojoto New Yam Festival 2020 by sambass(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2020
Ojoto my town

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Dead Man Who Resurrect After 31 Hours In Mortuary (video) / The Actual Tradition Of Imo State Regarding Their Bride Price / South Ladies …….prefer Guys With……

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.