Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,584 members, 7,843,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? (41468 Views)

In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2020
Ndipe:
Not stupid but the truth. My brother told me that during his NYSC orientation, they were passing out condoms (he called it raincoat) for free, so if that is the case, why cant pads be distributed for free as well? This is gender discrimination. Menstrual cycle is unavoidable (unless you are pregnant) while sex is a choice (for the most part rape excluded). America has taken note of this and these necessities are available in public schools for free. Others should follow suit.

Seems like you gave anybody money to buy sanitary pads and distribute.

Aren't there females in this country who can form an ngo for such purposes? Continue waiting for people that'll do it for you.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Tedpgrass: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ishilove:

Are you a gynae or do you just happen to know a lot about women's vaginas? tongue cheesy

My special interest!!!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ishilove:

Why did they give you one alone so many?

They came for HIV/AIDS sensitization and the pack was packaged already with 144 pieces inside, 12 per roll. It looked more like all these abroad type of condoms. It was for family health kind of stuff; do aids test and get the pack as a "thank you". A wonderful click bait so niggas who wanted to smash went to do the test and got that cheesy Females got extra though ie the female condoms.

On that note, I have free condoms to give out just in case grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
Tedpgrass:

My special interest!!!
I see. So you have a special interest in vaginas? grin
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

They came for HIV/AIDS sensitization and the pack was packaged already with 144 pieces inside, 12 per roll. It looked more like all these abroad type of condoms. It was for family health kind of stuff; do aids test and get the pack as a "thank you". A wonderful click bait so niggas who wanted to smash went to do the test and got that cheesy Females got extra though ie the female condoms.

On that note, I have free condoms to give out just in case grin grin
My sister I have no need for condoms cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Niccoloimhotep: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2020
johnchins:

Nice ride... It's just a reminder that I need to Hustle more
lol
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by DisLifeSha: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2020
Sex is a choice but condoms has never been free

OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by TheCork(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nmezor:
Will try it . I usually take ibruofen tablet once it starts...Then another dose of it at night usually only on the first day.It has really happened though and the remaining days just the heavy flow palava

Ok but why do u post sexxy picture that makes person priiil?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nmezor(f): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheCork:

Ok but why do u post sexxy picture that makes person priiil?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Ligero100: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
OgiPrincess:

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

If the condoms aren't cheap then most girls will be in a lot of hell by now
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Emeka71(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
ibkayee:
Tampons >>> grin
Hi Ibikaye.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Monada: 7:23am On Mar 23, 2021
CassieV:
I went from using pads to using tampons to using cups..
I stopped using sanitary pads because it felt sticky and itchy sometimes no matter how many times I change them. I decided to try tampons, it was quite comfortable but I realised it usually makes the Vagina dry, which also causes itchiness for me.
I finally tried the menstrual cups and I absolutely love it. It takes some getting used to but once you've gotten the hang of it, you'll love it.

Menstrual cups has indeed been an amazing discovery for me this year. I use the promisecup menstrual cups when I stumbled on promisecup.com and it's been amazing, they deliver anywhere in Nigeria also. So no more looking for the nearest store, this one is always with me �

This helped: https://promisecup.com/blog/menstrual-cups-tampons-or-pads-all-you-need-to-know/

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by AlphaTaikun: 7:15am On Oct 06, 2022
OgiPrincess:
I'm trying to make a case for the less privileged, obviously.

If 600-1000 Naira isn't a substantial amount for you to spend every month, I can understand. But you become unrelatable when you try and make me look poor because I am already admitting to being poor that's why I have a topic like this up here anyways...

I don't why anyone would assume I spend more money on makeup and data... This girls can barely even feed. Make-up and gadgets are afar off.

I had no intentions to spark up a gender divide with the comparison to condoms (both genders benefit from condoms). I think the need for one to be politically correct all the time is too much a burden for me. The comparison is honest and the basis are founded on health.

Condoms are for the prevention of STIs, STDs and as well as pregnancy.

Pads help with prevention of many women related health issues and also aid the process of a healthy pregnancy.

I greatly appreciate those who made meaningful contributions
Bump.

An insightful topic.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by AlphaTaikun: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2022
Monada:

Menstrual cups has indeed been an amazing discovery for me this year. I use the promisecup menstrual cups when I stumbled on promisecup.com and it's been amazing, they deliver anywhere in Nigeria also. So no more looking for the nearest store, this one is always with me.

This helped: https://promisecup.com/blog/menstrual-cups-tampons-or-pads-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Veryfied: 11:34am On Oct 06, 2022
OgiPrincess:

Have you ever heard of or used tampons and how much are they?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by MickyJNR5: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
GET A MENSTRUAL CUP TODAY AND NEVER HAVE TO BUY A SANITARY PAD AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

What if I told you that you can spend just N10,000 only, taking good care of your “monthly visitor” for the next 10 years, and save over N100,000?

Hi, my name is Michael Davies. I’m a graduate of Medical Physiology from LUTH, a Bank of Industry seed funding beneficiary (See proof here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkyUmCtpUTEuX6yuRIoz8rC2nUcBoJ_k/view?usp=drivesdk), and I’m also a Tony Elumelu Foundation grant beneficiary (See evidence here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zzxSt7aoB9vB1woT8WgyOMBHlAy65iEX/view?usp=drivesdk)

BENEFITS OF USING A MENSTRUAL CUP
- [ ] Never have to worry anymore about where to safely dispose your used pads
- [ ] You can use it for every “monthly visitor” visit for the next 10 years without getting infections or any other disadvantage
- [ ] You can comfortably do ANYTHING with it, including swimming and yoga! (Can you swim with your pads on)
- [ ] After 4-6 hours of using a sanitary pad, you have to dispose it and use a new one, but a menstrual cup can take you for up to 12 hours, then you just empty it and reuse immediately!
- [ ] You can easily pee with a cup, compared to you having to remove your pads each time you want to pee
- [ ] You wouldn’t need to feel you’re sitting on a pad full of blood
- [ ] It reduces your exposure to harmful chemicals
- [ ] Say complete goodbye to that embarrassing garlic or fish-like smell
- [ ] No more blood stains or coloured bedspreads

BONUSES
- [ ] The first 2 people to make payment will get an extra cup FREE!
- [ ] FREE delivery to anywhere in Lagos only!

If you buy from us and it doesn’t deliver as promised, we will refund your money and leave you with the cup as compensation

NB: We only have just 13 cups available as it’s very limited

The standard price for a Menstrual Cup in Lagos is about N11,000 currently, but we will give you for just N10,000 + FREE delivery to anywhere in Lagos only!

To get yours, make payment of N10,000 only (Per cup) to the account details below;
Bank Name: Access Bank
Account Name: Davies Amarachi M.
Account Number: 0043749142

Send proof of payment to me via WhatsApp: 07065576695
After confirmation, your cup will be at your doorstep within 24 hours!

PS: Don’t forget that there are only 13 cups left, and the first 2 buyers get an extra cup FREE (That’s a complete goodbye to pads for the next 20 years!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits Naturally / Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH / Man Attempts Jumping Down From A Mast In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.