Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? (217 Views)

Why Did God Allow Some People To Still Suffer Despite Being Devoted / Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away / See What This Priest Did To This Couple After Wedding Anniversary. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? by Adekunlebright(m): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
THE WITCH THAT ATTENDED MY WEDDING

By Oluwatosin on July 1, 20191 Comment / 224 views

A SHORT STORY BY AYODELE ADEOYE

It was a well attended wedding because my wife to be then was so popular due to the nature of her job. She was a broadcaster with a leading television house in Nigeria. The crowd in our wedding was so overwhelming that we hardly could take record of those in attendance and those who didn’t make it.

The wedding ended well and everyone left us to be alone while our guests who came from afar lodged in our family house; my father as a retired General from Nigerian Army built a big mansion for the family. Our honeymoon was void of distraction as we both spent two weeks at the hotel all alone. Our joy knew no bound as a new couple. We took time to enjoy ourselves before returning home.

The bliss and the joy our marriage brought to us got soured when my wife slotted in our wedding video CD to watch. Of course that was the first time we were going to watch it. She gave a rapt attention to every scene and laughed at every funny moment of our wedding. I wasn’t giving it attention like she did because I was equally fixing some minor electrical faults in the house.

Dear, dear, dear come and see, my wife screamed. I threw away the screw driver in my hand and rushed to see what she was calling me to see. She pointed at the TV screen with her left hand and using her right hand to rewind the video clip. Just look at this, she pointed closely again to the screen. I looked and everything looked like nollywood movie to me. I couldn’t believe what I saw with my eyes.

While my wife was taking her processional dance to the altar along with her daddy holding her hand, the camera man seemed to have noticed the suspicious movement of a certain woman. He focused his camera on her as she walked stylishly to drop a charm on my wife’s long wedding gown. He captured it, zoomed and showed her face so clearly. I couldn’t hold myself anymore. What did we do to her? Who sent her? Who is she? I asked more than a dozen questions in confusion.

Thank God for a sensitive camera man. To us he was not just a camera man but an angel sent by God. We contacted him immediately if he knows the woman. No, he said. I only did what I did when I noticed she was restless. I knew you guys will watch the video clip and see everything. God bless Ayuba the camera man.

Getting to know who the woman was was a big problem. We began to invite friends and relations to watch the video if anyone could recognize her. That took us one month to find someone who knows one of her daughter. All this time my wife lived in fear because we never knew what the charm was meant to do.

We called on our pastor, church brethren and some prayer warriors to intercede on our behalf. The revelation changed the atmosphere in our home. The two weeks honeymoon was cut short with the knowledge of the witch who attended our wedding.

We eventually met with the daughter of the strange woman. She is married to a pastor and we had said we will not discuss the object of our visit until her mother is in the meeting. She put a call through, mama you need to be in my house now, it is urgent, come now. We waited like 36 minutes when the woman we saw on our wedding video putting charm on my wife’s wedding gown came in. I lost my tempered immediately I saw her. I went straight for her neck, choked her with my two hands, you’re a witch, you’re a witch! I yelled at her. It took the efforts of her son-in-law and two other people who followed us to be able to rescue her from my hands.

Her daughter took her phone and called the police immediately. While they were still begging me to calm down and take it easy two police officers came in. Sir, you’re under arrest for attempted murder. Before we could say hey I was bundled and whisked away by the police officers. I spent three days behind the bar before I was released on bail. That got me more angry, seeing myself being locked up because of the witch who attended our wedding. Before I was released the police had warned me to stay away from the woman and anything that concerns her or I risk another arrest.

I sent my uncle to go and show the daughter of the witch the video clip. He went without introducing himself. He dropped the video CD and his contact with her. Kindly call me when you must have watch this video. Three days later my uncle called me that the daughter of the witch wants to have a meeting with us and some elders from both families. My uncle, his wife, my wife and I were in the meeting from our side. The witch was in attendance, along with her daughter, the husband and some two other persons I don’t know. The video was slotted in the video player, fast forwarded to the action sense. It was paused while everyone began to look at each others faces. Without much ado, the daughter of the witch went on her knees, we are sorry, she begged with tears. There was no way anyone could deny anything because the video was glaring.

After much begging and pleas my uncle rose up to make his speech. Well, since you wanted us to forgive this evil act, this will only happen under one condition – “That nothing must happen to my nephew and his wife”. Before he could finish his statement, the witch accepted and promised never will she allow anything happen to us. The deal was sealed and we left.

Four months after our wedding my wife kept seeing her period. Without wasting time, my uncle went to meet the daughter of the witch, “my nephew’s wife has not conceive after her wedding”. When the witch was told she said the bride will conceive the following month. Exactly like she predicted, my wife missed her period.

Having the second baby was an issue, my wife couldn’t conceive three years after our first baby. My uncle repeated the thing he did before we had our first baby. The witch said my wife will conceive in three months and it was so.

For the past ten years, anytime we have any challenge my uncle will always go back to remind the witch of the deal. And as soon as she gives her word, that’s all, the problem will disappear. At a time we no longer go through my uncle, anytime we have problem, we will call her and she has been removing the problems.

As a Christian I am no longer comfortable with the deal. It is now looking like the witch is in control of our lives. We hardly pray to God for anything anymore. Even when I wanted to my wife would have called the witch before I finish my prayers. I’m beginning to think that our lives and destinies now lie in the hand of the witch. Several times she tells us problem ahead of time and what she has done to avert it and in all the cases we had proved her right because sometimes those things may still happen but will see ourselves coming out of them.

The problem now is that I’m about to lose my marriage because my wife refused to stop patronising the witch. She said my stubbornness will kill me but she can’t allow anything happen to our children. The witch is very old now and might answer the call home some day. Everyone, including my parents, her parents and our pastors had intervened but my wife turned deaf ears to all of them.

I want to leave and move on. I want to make heaven and I know this is capable of denying us heaven. She has given me just two options;

1. To choose the marriage by continuing to keep the deal with the witch.

Or

2. To stop the deal with the witch and end the marriage.

My fellow Christians, having read my story what will you advice me to do?
Re: What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? by sleekysleek: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
Oh boy. See correct Nollywood movie.

Patience Ozokwor as the witch
Stella Damascus as the witch's daughter
Kenneth Okonkwo as the groom
Pete Edochie as the uncle that is always going to remind the witch of the deal

Make una help me with the other cast abeg

On a more serious note, since you said the woman will soon die, just be a bit more patient since you have been patient all along. When she dies, at least, your wife won't be able to keep patronizing her. If you are concerned about being denied heaven, then distance yourself from the activity like you have already done and take your mind off it.
Re: What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? by gsegun43: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Mental slavery
Re: What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? by 0temSapien: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
This script will sell well in a Nollywood movie o cool The point where I spotted the lies worthy of a big nose meme is where the writer held the witch by her neck. That part is surely what a nollywood character would do so that the twists and turns of the movie could go haywire, introducing the 'prison experience'. This is a nice script op. Keep it up.
Re: What Should This Couple Do Despite Being A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
Advice you to do? I advise you to stop playing pretend Christian, blaming everything in your life on others and focus on God for your help and your souls sake. Which kin yeye 'Christian' story is this?

NO be David who follow God, talk say "No weapon formed against me will prosper"? So why in the world are you instead so focused on making sure the weapon prospers in every day you can? Seriously, stop playing 'Christian'. Either become a follower of Jesus Christ or forget completely

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Releases September Prophecy / Lesson 1: RCCG Sunday School Student Manual [6th September, 2020] / Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, The 27th Of September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.