Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian (1429 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Is It Common For An Igbo Man To Marry A Woman Who Is Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by proverbial: 2:38am On Jun 18, 2007
grin
As for me, I can't pinpoint why, but it just feels like it is.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by vronnie(f): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2007
not that it is so important to marry nigerian,cause im not nigerian ,but that is who has captured my heart and soul thank god we beleive in alot of the same things .And i love the fact that he is willing to just give up (on anything)his strength is like no other . I can go on but i won't
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by vronnie(f): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2007
ooop I mean not give up smiley
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by chiogo(f): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2007
@vronnie. dear, u cld have clicked on d "modify" near ur first post to edit instead of postin' again. just trin' to help grin

@topic
idk why. it just feels right. there's no place like home. grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by vronnie(f): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2007
thanx smiley
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2007
It's not that important to me.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by iice(f): 5:55am On Nov 29, 2007
me neither
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by kilasos(f): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2007
In my opinion I will say it depends on the mindset of the individual.
I came to london when I was 17,and I sort of had a mindset of a Nigerian.
I cant say the same for my younger ones,
I think it is easier for me because my mind is tuned that way,I had a friend from the caribbean,he was ok though but I guess I just wasn`t open minded enough.
That said a Nigerian guy has same opinions as me. grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2007
i've ask myself that same question over and over again but have never found an answer. i guess it just gives you a sence of belonging.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by uchetobi(f): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2007
Cuz d devil u knw its better dan d angel u dont
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
uchetobi:

Cuz d devil u knw its better dan d angel u don't

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by MrTurkey(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
nigerian turkey, american turkey, japanese turkey, they're all turkeys to me grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by almondjoy(f): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2007
Because I understand them very well unlike other cultures and it would be extremely difficult to pull a fast one one on me-- with my ever watchful eyes.  I know[b] ALL [/b] their games!  I grew up there! cool

Culturally--best for the kids! Instead of explaining 2 different cultures--I only have to explain one.  They can learn the American one by themselves--since they live there and they can marry whatever they want--that is their business!!!! kiss

Only speaking for my very self! cool
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2007
i understand most of the cultures very well.
i grew up here.
i love everything naija.
and the list goes on and on******* cool
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by almondjoy(f): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
ifyalways:

i understand most of the cultures very well.
i grew up here.
i love everything naija.
and the list goes on and on******* cool

Yet you are shagging a swiss dude on the side! tongue
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

should i jump into river jordan cos am not been dated by a nigerian? or should i force myself on a nigerian guy just because i love nigeria?abeg jare,things we cant change or have control over,we live and enjoy what nature has thrusted to us. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by almondjoy(f): 5:15am On Nov 30, 2007
ifyalways:

should i jump into river jordan because am not been dated by a nigerian? or should i force myself on a nigerian guy just because i love nigeria?abeg jare,things we can't change or have control over,we live and enjoy what nature has thrusted to us. undecided

Not at all! Not mad at you at all--your potential groom will be very pleased. tongue Please rock on baby! kiss
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2007
almondjoy:

Not at all! Not mad at you at all--your potential groom will be very pleased. tongue Please rock on baby! kiss
grin grin grin grin abeg carry your sharp mouth wey sabi fromulate answer for every question go meet funky,frivolic frankies and not me cool cool or do you have anybody in mind for me?i mean you have a naija guy for me? tongue

@topic i love naija because its not two in the worlds map.if its not naija,it can never be like naija.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by naijaking1: 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2007
People like to marry people from their country simply because of the law of proximity.

Sociologically, 70-80% of people are likely to marry people they share cultural, linguistic, and social mores with, than people they don't.

Remember, when the princess wishes for partner, she was out looking for a prince, not a laborer, or hunter, or even a farmer, she was looking for someone who obeys the law of social proximity.

A lot of people who marry from their town, state, or country are simply obeying the same law.

Nigerians are no exception.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by kellorah: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ topic: is it?
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2007
iice:

me neither
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 03, 2007
@post
love everything naija. . .don't want to forget who i am and where i come from. wink
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Dreloaded(f): 3:19am On Dec 03, 2007
Used to be, the thought is fleeting however as Im beginning to find the men pitiful.
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Jairzinho(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2007
D-reloaded:

Used to be, the thought is fleeting however as I'm beginning to find the men pitiful.

Hmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by presido1: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2007
D-reloaded:

Used to be, the thought is fleeting however as I'm beginning to find the men pitiful.
Pele cry cry cry try and find out if the fault is from you, anyway minus one is some how insignificant grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Blatant: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2007
almondjoy:

i thought she had her child for a German man
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by Dreloaded(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2007
Thanks for proving my point, presido cool
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 12:03am On Dec 04, 2007

For me, it will be important because this is the man that God has lead me to, who happens to be Nigerian. if we have carried through misunderstandings, and worked out our problems, that makes the union even more important than the difference in our cultures. and i would just love my baby all the more,

so, if GOD confirms who i am to marry, then this is the most important reason to marry my Naija man, smiley

love & light,

Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by RichyBlacK(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2007
I don't think I'll forgive myself if my kids miss out on the joys of swallowing utara with ofe ogbono.

It just has to be a Nigerian lady who can cook Nigerian dishes, well!

But strange things happen, I've met a non-Nigerian lady that cooks Nigerian dishes well! grin
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by presido1: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2007
D-reloaded:

Thanks for proving my point, presido cool
Abeg which of ur point did i prove?
Re: Why Is It So Important To You To Marry A Nigerian by wendymanda: 12:01am On Dec 05, 2007
I don't think I'll forgive myself if my kids miss out on the joys of swallowing utara with ofe ogbono.
Yes, my brother. Also it is important for them to speak Igbo.

(1) (Reply)

Incest: Who Will Save These Girls? Written By Banji Aluko / Racial Abuse In The Uk / What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.