Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This (2679 Views)

Satan Is Locked During Ramadan..a Reason For Atheist To Repent. / Question For Atheist. / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by sharrp: 2:41am On Aug 08, 2020
I often see a lot of Christian or Muslim thread being spammed by atheist about the non existent of God. So how do you explain this .

My friend invited me to a church , now I have never complained anything to this my friend and my friend isn't even a bonafide member of this church . As a matter of fact we only attend this church on Tuesday and I am yet to attend a Sunday service there .

During my first day in the church , the pastor pointed me out , I can out and he described my issues for me almost as specific as I would know it. He called other first timers and described stuffs lik the kind of business you do , your name , the location he is seeing you in which 90% of the time turns out to be where the said person lives. Atheist how do you explain this , how does a man people haven't met before randomly knows vital private information about them .

1 Like

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:
My friend invited me to a church , now I have never complained anything to this my friend and my friend isn't even a bonafide member of this church . As a matter of fact we only attend this church on Tuesday and I am yet to attend a Sunday service there .

During my first day in the church , the pastor pointed me out , I can out and he described my issues for me almost as specific as I would know it. He called other first timers and described stuffs lik the kind of business you do , your name , the location he is seeing you in which 90% of the time turns out to be where the said person lives. Atheist how do you explain this , how does a man people haven't met before randomly knows vital private information about them .
If you say their is no God revealing this to that pastor , how the hell is he doing it ?
I know of magicians and psychics here who can do that trick too. That does not mean your MOG there belongs to God since the Spirit of God does not dole out mind-reading abilities as part of the born again package. So take this thread down before they come mock you for not seeing the difference as a so-called Christian.

6 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by sharrp: 2:52am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I know of magicians and psychics here who can do that trick too. That does not mean your MOG there belongs to God since the Spirit of God does not dole out mind-reading abilities as part of the born again package. So take this thread down before they come mock you for not seeing the difference as a so-called Christian.

This is not mind reading . It's like you being a staff of NTA and the first day you came to my church and I stated that you work for NTA .
I believe it's among the fruits of the spirit
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 08, 2020
There is God and yes He reveals things to Genuine men of God through His Spirit.

Leave those atheist who can't even figure out or explain how they came into existence.

Believe.in God and start serving him. He's a loving God.

Jesus cares.

6 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:

This is not mind reading . It's like you being a staff of NTA and the first day you came to my church and I stated that you work for NTA .

Its not a fruit of the Holy spirit but a ministry gift.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:
Whatever it is, I call it mind-reading of some sort and yes, those tricks are common with magicians and psychics.

Fruit of the Spirit? You have never read the Bible for yourself, have you? There are gifts of the Spirit and NONE of them is what you described there. Your MOG is not of Jesus Christ... He is likely a magician of sorts masquerading and deceiving you all in the name of God.

3 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 2:57am On Aug 08, 2020
Brachaa:
Its not a fruit of the Holy spirit but a ministry gift.
What ministry gift? Please be sure to provide BIble evidence for the said gift. Also make sure you are not posting Simon Bar Jonah, the magician for evidence abeg!

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by sharrp: 3:02am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Whatever it is, I call it mind-reading of some sort and yes, those tricks are common with magicians and psychics.

Fruit of the Spirit? You have never read the Bible for yourself, have you? There are gifts of the Spirit and NONE of them is what you described there. Your MOG is not of Jesus Christ... He is likely a magician of sorts masquerading and deceiving you all in the name of God.
Maybe I used the wrong word . But in 1st Cor 12:10 it was talked about . This thread is basically for atheist who claim their is no God . Since they tend to bank on science , this is something science can't phantom
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What ministry gift? Please be sure to provide BIble evidence for the said gift. Also make sure you are not posting Simon Bar Jonah, the magician for evidence abeg!

You dont know about the five fold ministry?

Ephesians 4:11

To some he gave the ministry.of teaching, pastors, prophets, evangelist, apostle.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:
Maybe I used the wrong word . But in 1st Cor 12:10 it was talked about . This thread is basically for atheist who claim their is no God
So what if they claim there is no God? There is no reason for people who pretend to have one to make a mockery of Him , Jesus Christ, by disobeying Him in the presence of those He did not send us His followers to...
"quote"
Matthew 7 vs 6(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. “Don’t give something that is holy to dogs. They will only turn and hurt you. And don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will only step on them.
[/quote]
That is what Jesus Christ told His followers. What this means is by creating this thread to taunt these 'athiests' you are in direct disobedience to Jesus Christ, the word of God, and worse, to bring to your fight a story about a magician masquerading as an MOG, who likely conned him in the name of God. You think yourself any better than those you are after here?
sharrp:
Since they tend to bank on science , this is something science can't phantom
It is a 'free' world. they have a right to believe as they choose. What I find hard to fathom is how many so-called Christians (Jesus Christ's followers are to be open-minded-become like children) cannot seem to comprehend the meaning of that.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:
Maybe I used the wrong word . But in 1st Cor 12:10 it was talked about . This thread is basically for atheist who claim their is no God
So what if they claim there is no God? There is no reason for people who pretend to have one to make a mockery of Him, Jesus Christ, by disobeying Him in the presence of those He did not send us His followers to...

Matthew 7 vs 6(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. “Don’t give something that is holy to dogs. They will only turn and hurt you. And don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will only step on them.
That is what Jesus Christ told His followers. What this means is by creating this thread to taunt these 'athiests' you are in direct disobedience to Jesus Christ, the word of God, and worse, to bring to your fight a story about a magician masquerading as an MOG, who likely conned him in the name of God. You think yourself any better than those you are after here?
sharrp:
Since they tend to bank on science, this is something science can't phantom
It is a 'free' world. they have a right to believe as they choose. What I find hard to fathom is how many so-called Christians (Jesus Christ's followers are to be open-minded-become like children) cannot seem to comprehend the meaning of that.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Every gift comes from God... whatever title you want to give it... if it in direct contradiction to the word of God, it is meaningless.
In this case, there is no such thing as gift of mind-reading/mentalism from the Spirit of God. And like I mentioned before, all prophets are false prophets/MOGs under the New Covenant.

Add that together, and you have that the O.P. has likely been deceived by a magician masquerading as an MOG.

The Holy spirit reveals things to men of God.

So you believe in magic? Hmm...
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Aug 08, 2020
Brachaa:
The Holy spirit reveals things to men of God.
Read your bible to know what He will do, so that when you see anything different, you know it is not of Him.
Brachaa:
So you believe in magic? Hmm...
Magic? I don't believe in magic but I do know that magic is real. Again, it is in the Bible how God uses all that to accomplish His Will in the lives of us all. Yes, even your babalawo... when they throw their divination bones, God allows them to see what He wants them to see when and where He wants, all towards His ultimate Will.
Does that then mean that it is ok to go see a babalawo since you know that God is the one in control of all the powers? NO, why? Because we know from His word what God commands of us... anything contrary is not according to His command of us.

The story of Balaam comes to mind.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Read your bible to know what He will do, so that when you see anything different, you know it is not of Him.
Magic? I don't believe in magic but I do know that magic is real. Again, it is in the Bible how God uses all that to accomplish His Will in the lives of us all. Yes, even your babalawo... when they throw their divination bones, God allows them to see what He wants them to see when and where He wants, all towards His ultimate Will.
Does that then mean that it is ok to go see a babalawo since you know that God is the one in control of all the powers? NO, why? Because we know from His word what God commands of us... anything contrary is not according to His command of us.

The story of Balaam comes to mind.

Stop being like this. I don tell you o. undecided
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Aug 08, 2020
Brachaa:
Stop being like this. I don tell you o. undecided
Like how? Speaking the truth of God every chance I get?

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Like how? Speaking the truth of God every chance I get?

Ok. Sorry. Don't be angry.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by 1Sharon(f): 4:29am On Aug 08, 2020
OP look up cold reading and hot reading.

2 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by 0temSapien: 4:44am On Aug 08, 2020
Many information we filled into new comer slips sometimes give us out to the pastors. Sometimes, the information might even still be in our hands and they zoomed the camera on our slips while we were writing it. From the control room, they see our information clearly and pass it on to the pastor through his headphone. Then Kabush! the pastor mentions our names, home address, etc and THAT IS A MIRACLE!!!

I watched a documentary where a man went to the church just to find out stuffs like this. He filled in wrong name, wrong address and wrong reasons why he came to the church. On that spot the pastor called him out and told him all the wrong information on his slip. KABUSH!!! The mystery became unravelled grin

Op, next time you go to that church, fill in wrong information in the prayer request slip. That will be the information the pastor will gabbage out for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by illicit(m): 6:02am On Aug 08, 2020
Babalawos can do the same thing sir

Do u mean u never see juju at work b4?

well I have seen it.

I don't have a religion anymore, religion is another divide and rule tactics from old. it encourages violence.

But I believe in supernatural powers, u don't need a religion for that.

I don't believe this world will end the way the xtians and Muslims say it. I don't believe we need a Messiah and I don't believe in the creation stories.

But there are forces in this world just like how the magnet works.

2 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by delkuf(m): 8:10am On Aug 08, 2020
Brachaa:
There is God and yes He reveals things to Genuine men of God through His Spirit.

Leave those atheist who can't even figure out or explain how they came into existence.

Believe.in God and start serving him. He's a loving God.

Jesus cares.
@brachaa, look at what you wrote and look at what your brother kobojunkie wrote. Will a normal Christian write such things. That guy have issue
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by delkuf(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:

Maybe I used the wrong word . But in 1st Cor 12:10 it was talked about . This thread is basically for atheist who claim their is no God . Since they tend to bank on science , this is something science can't phantom
Kobojunkie is an atheist so he have the right to comment
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
@brachaa, look at what you wrote and look at what your brother kobojunkie wrote. Will a normal Christian write such things. That guy have issue

Lol... He's a normal Christian o just that his views most times doesn't go with other people's. My own is provided he acknowledges Christ, he's good to go.

You may not understand him but I do cos I know where hes coming from.

I believe we all should try to see things from others view point, weigh it to know if its anything to go by or its of biblical standard then we can either disregard or keep it.

Let's try and accommodate one another, bro cheesy.

Good morning. smiley
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Kobojunkie is an atheist so he have the right to comment

Hm... Not nice.

How you outrightly judge him like that? I reject that for him.

Does an atheist acknowledge there is God and Jesus? He's not o.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by delkuf(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2020
Brachaa:

Hm... Not nice.

How you outrightly judge him like that? I reject that for him.

Does an atheist acknowledge there is God and Jesus? He's not o.
Even the devil acknowledge God and Jesus
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by GreatGod2020(m): 8:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Looking for a nice and comfortable hotel to pass a night or rest, click on the link below for your reservation across the country
https://nitestay.com/cna-GreatGod.

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Professorcplus(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2020
Some people still prefer to live their life in fantasy and delusion. You only get deceived if you want to be deceived. Nothing is unexplainable you don't just know how? So which ever divided part you found your self, good luke.
Word and opposite
Magic | Miracle
Priest | Pop
Shrine | Synagogue
god. | God
Incantations | Speaking in tongues
Bone without flesh | fleshy bone (logo)
Animal sacrifice | human sacrifice

The only difference is packaging same ideas...

4 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2020
..."During my first day in the church , the pastor pointed me out , I can out and he described my issues for me almost as specific as I would know it. He called other first timers and described stuffs lik the kind of business you do , your name , the location he is seeing you in which 90% of the time turns out to be where the said person lives."...

...and someone invited you just as some others most likely invited the other "first timers" too.

Medical Lab graduate indeed. undecided

5 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Blabbermouth: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You know who?
Call them out please!!!!
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Blabbermouth: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:
I often see a lot of Christian or Muslim thread being spammed by atheist about the non existent of God. So how do you explain this .

Some call it the power of God, Others call it the gift of the spirit and many may refer to it as the ministry gift. Also, it might also be wrought by a wrong spirit. Whatever name you call it, it is real! If you don't mind, can I get the pastor's number
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by kingxsamz(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
sharrp:

Now before you call me dumb , here is a little about me to tell you I'm not a naive religious bigot

- medical laboratory graduate ( I know some medical stuffs
- computer programmer (JavaScript/nodejs, python and familiar with golang)
- ethical hacker ( I do bug bounties )
- I know quite a hand full about the universe and astronomy
- avid reader who spends time on quora, hn, Reddit and Google stuffs

Now I did not list all that to brag or anything but just so I don't get brushed off as a brain washed slowpoke or anything .

If you say their is no God revealing this to that pastor , how the hell is he doing it ?

Nawa o... How people choose to be mugus in these times really surprises me.
These same pastors that couldn't predict coronavirus?

4 Likes

Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Even the devil acknowledge God and Jesus

No ...hes not.

Please let's accommodate one another in The fold and not castigate.

I love you all with the love of God ooo. grin we are all one.
Re: For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=J111333 post=92585502]..."During my first day in the church , the pastor pointed me out , I can out and he described my issues for me almost as specific as I would know it. He called other first timers and described stuffs lik the kind of business you do , your name , the location he is seeing you in which 90% of the time turns out to be where the said person lives."...

...and someone invited you just as some others most likely invited the other "first timers" too.

Medical Lab graduate indeed. undecided

Which one be your own now? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Jesus Coming Back Again? / Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? / Pastor Chris: Prosperity By The Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.