Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,119 members, 7,863,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Need Explanation Pls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need Explanation Pls (153 Views)

The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / Near Death Experiences. A Biological Explanation. / The Explanation For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Explanation Pls by Godsonjolly: 2:12am On Aug 09, 2020
14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 

15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 

16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 

17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. 

18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 

19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 

20  But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 

22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 

23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 

24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?

These verse shows Paul was fighting sin. But at the bolded, does it mean when we sin, God won't blame us or what. I need answers from Bible scholars.. Thanks
@Righteousness89
Re: Need Explanation Pls by remsonik(f): 3:18am On Aug 09, 2020
The Bible says in Joshua 1 :8 This book of the law shall not depart from your mind and you shall meditate therein day and night. So you have to study the word of God frequently so you don't become a slave to sin. Sin will always want to tempt you, to make you fall and miss your way in life but you don't have to stop have God as your guide.

To have him as a good guide you need to always keep to the word of God. Don't be lukewarm in your service to him. Always seek his direction and support in any action you want to take in life and he will continually work through for you. The devil's ways are wicked and scary, he will always want you to sin so he can get you but keep on to God, and he shall direct your path

1 Like

Re: Need Explanation Pls by delkuf(m): 3:50am On Aug 09, 2020
When you sin God blame you because he has given you grace to overcome sin. Our problem is not that this things are not there. God knows that we are living in a sinful world. But the problem is after all God has done for us by letting his son to come world and die for our sins and we refuse that grace, that is where God has problem with us. There God will not forgive us if we refuse this grace

1 Like

Re: Need Explanation Pls by chukwuibuipob: 4:23am On Aug 09, 2020
sad The same God give U WISDOM FOR DIRECTION/Holy Spirit for assistance.The foul spirit controlling the mind of man can be giving order.U tell him'Satan! Keep quiet/get lost.As a Born Again Christain,You have the MIND OF CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Need Explanation Pls by Image123(m): 4:46am On Aug 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:
14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 

15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 

16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 

18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 

19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 

20  But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 

23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 

24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?

These verse shows Paul was fighting sin. But at the bolded, does it mean when we sin, God won't blame us or what. I need answers from Bible scholars.. Thanks
@Righteousness89

Check out this post.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330225/salient-points-epistle-romans/4#17580634

1 Like

Re: Need Explanation Pls by malvisguy212: 6:53am On Aug 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

@Righteousness89
paul was describing the relationship between a CHRISTIAN and the LAW , when you want to follow the law, you wont succeed because NOBODY win, EVERYBODY still sin, when you want to follow the law, then you make yourself a slave to sin.

your faith is weak, you need to look onto the One who Is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.

the purpose of the law is to reveal our sin. When we look into a mirror we see ourselves as we really are on the outside. If our hair is messed up, the mirror will reveal that. If there is a pimple on my face, the mirror will show this. the mirror will reflect this problem and show me my need to clean up.

As we grow in the Lord, as we walk in the Spirit, as we obey the Lord, and as we surrender our hearts to Him, HE CHANGES US! Little by little, day by day, we are constantly being changed into His image.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Christians Need The Church / The Ten Satanic Commandment Part 1 / Love: Access To Financial Fortune! – Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.