Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. (677 Views)

Oba Of Bini Paying Homage In Nri Kingdom In 1913 / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by bigpriik: 5:35am On Aug 09, 2020
NIgerian history is full of lies if you use your common sense to think it through.the yorubas where told they originated From oduduwa who fell from the sky with snail and a hen if you believe In this lie then you are Not a rational thinker how can a nation that spread as far as togo originate from little ileife most yorubas believe Yorubas are only found in Nigeria.our monarchs just wake up one morning and start telling lies to retain their throne and power and these lie are being told from generation to generation..sometimes I even doubt if there is truly any historic or ancestral afilliation between yorubas and bini because tradition, language and behaviour resembles that of their kind in the East of the Niger..
If you are a adherent follower of Nigerian history you will notice that Benin kingdom claims ownership of ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo western Igbos,idomas,igede, even igala.. grin.now I will be talking about the Igbos in delta and the ones in rivers state , now the question is this..

Why do bini claim all igbos speaking lands outside the southeast? Are they trying to say that Igbos in the hinterland never crossed the river Niger to settle West like other tribes migrate?or they never migrated southwards didn't our igbo ancestors migrate from the current South East? I believe there is a land grabbing agenda somewhere which might later result to ethnic cleansing of these Igbos it happened before (during asaba massacre) it even happened in the in ikot abasi in Akwa ibom because I learnt it was once am an Igbo speaking town.i only pity Igbos outside the southeast who believes this fake bini stories from their elders and monarchs only if they know what their agenda is.
As a person who is interested in history I came to the conclusion with research finding that the reason why Igbos outside the southeast especially in delta state have similar culture with binis is because they were once colonised by the bini, the Benin empire colonised a huge portion of West Africa during their reign starting from onitsha in to East down to the present day Liberia,Wherever they conquered they imposed their tradition and religion on the people they conquer it was the British that stopped their expanse If not they would have gone further than that.
It is impossible for Igbos to migrate from Benin and still have igbo names, even their cities are named Igbo names it is impossible.this is the computer age I believe we are smarter and exposed now we need to make finding..

1 Like

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by IduNaOba: 5:39am On Aug 09, 2020
Our brothers across the Niger eyes Don dey clear small small....

Igbo Amaka till forever

Gwazie ndị yard Ụnụ.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Mraphel: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2020
Onitsha people migrated from Bini
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by overall90: 6:20am On Aug 09, 2020
Is there anything in this country that makes sense.
@op,I think the problem is not the Binis but all these groups who are trying to run away from their shadows by claiming Bini origin.
Imagine the Ikweres left Bini,on their way they passed through Esanland,Urhoboland,ijaw/Engenni land to the present location where they have the Ogonis to the East,the Ijaws to the south.
Having forgotten their Bini language and names and tradition during their journey.they didn't adopt the language and names and traditions of any of the groups they passed on the way or their Eastern and southern neighbors but rather chose to adopt the names,language,tradition and culture of their igbo neighbors to their north for whatever reason only them can explain.

1 Like

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by bigpriik: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2020
Mraphel:
Onitsha people migrated from Bini

Lies lies lies..onicha people are from anioma stop believing all those lies from monarchs and fake historians...

1 Like

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by bigpriik: 6:27am On Aug 09, 2020
overall90:
Is there anything in this country that makes sense.
@op,I think the problem is not the Binis but all these groups who are trying to run away from their shadows by claiming Bini origin.
Imagine the Ikweres left Bini,on their way they passed through Esanland,Urhoboland,ijaw/Engenni land to the present location where they have the Ogonis to the East,the Ijaws to the south.
Having forgotten their Bini language and names and tradition during their journey.they didn't adopt the language and names and traditions of their Eastern and southern neighbors but rather chose to adopt the names,language,tradition and culture of their igbo neighbors to their north.
Confused people indeed, so it's that easy to migrate all the way from Benin crossing thick forest and the great river Niger.. with wild animals with bare foot for months because they were no horses then . grin grin
They didn't even consider the fact they will have to war with the locals for land if truly they migrants all lies Ikwerres are not exposed even their educated ones.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Dedetwo(m): 6:28am On Aug 09, 2020
@OP,

Most of the so-called Nigerians are vapidly idiotic and would believe any crap to satisfy their tribal bias.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by ChisomGloria(f): 6:29am On Aug 09, 2020
No proper record and that's why tribes claim what that doesn't belong to them. Someone from the North once claimed Niger Delta oil.

2 Likes

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nadaken: 6:55am On Aug 09, 2020
Loud it
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2020
bigpriik:

Lies lies lies..onicha people are from anioma stop believing all those lies from monarchs and fake historians...

Your own history is now warped

saying onicha is from anioma means onicha started existing around 1975....

small boys and history..
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2020
as for edo state ie the edos and binis, they are yorubas...and simply coz there is no way their history won't conflict with yorubas...

their stool is a yoruba stool......no matter how they argue it till tomorrow looking at it through the wooly circle, one will not but agree that Edos and Yorubas are nothing but big time brothers linked by blood.

The only thing is that psychology of that psychology and learning of those arguing in here are so limited that you have to agree that majority are all children.

Why won't sound historian like us get tired when arguing with people who doesn't know the difference between ethnic group and Nigeria political creation for political purposes...

You will see someone arguing about Niger Delta and an ethnic group and you begin to wonder if the persons ethnicity is Niger delta....that was created around 1999 or so.....which shows you are arguing with a juvenile...

The history edo lies with yorubas and that is it. physically, culturally.....name it...they tally

anyone telling u about igodomigodo a moonlight story that is not existing needs psychiatric attention.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by lacasera14(m): 6:59am On Aug 09, 2020
So my ban has been lifted? Interesting
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by bigpriik: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Your own history is now warped

saying onicha is from anioma means onicha started existing around 1975....

small boys and history..

I mean they migrated from the present day aniochia people in the past..
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2020
bigpriik:

I mean they migrated from the present day aniochia people in the past..

What you are reading is facial history. Research deep and be sure of your claims so that you can withstand criticism..
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by bigpriik: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

What you are reading is facial history. Research deep and be sure of your claims so that you can withstand criticism..
lets say you are right here but my question is this, are you historians trying to say that our Igbos forefathers never crossed the River Niger to settle westerward? Is Igbo migration limited to just the southeast? Are our Igbo ancestors aquaphobic or afraid of migration? Until you answer this questions the bini history is warped also..
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2020
bigpriik:

lets say you are right here but my question is this, are you historians trying to say that our Igbos forefathers never crossed the River Niger to settle westerward? Is Igbo migration limited to just the southeast? Are our Igbo ancestors aquaphobic or afraid of migration? Until you answer this questions the bini history is warped also..

I have stylishly answered that question with my second submission on this post.

read.My problem is that most of you guys on nairaland don't read or research but are Quick to open thread without full knowledge.
simply emotions over critical judgement.

try read pls
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Mraphel: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2020
bigpriik:

Anioma Animal
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by ayoola27: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2020
In this era of technology ...where u can get books to read abt history... Some people still think Edo is Yoruba but they can't provide sources that verify their claims...

Obviously the guy is so pain... u'll see him running around spreading lies abt Benin

Pathetic

1 Like

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Kirigidi(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
bigpriik:
NIgerian history is full of lies if you use your common sense to think it through.the yorubas where told they originated From oduduwa who fell from the sky with snail and a hen if you believe In this lie then you are Not a rational thinker how can a nation that spread as far as togo originate from little ileife most yorubas believe Yorubas are only found in Nigeria.our monarchs just wake up one morning and start telling lies to retain their throne and power and these lie are being told from generation to generation..sometimes I even doubt if there is truly any historic or ancestral afilliation between yorubas and bini because tradition, language and behaviour resembles that of their kind in the East of the Niger..
If you are a adherent follower of Nigerian history you will notice that Benin kingdom claims ownership of ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo western Igbos,idomas,igede, even igala.. grin.now I will be talking about the Igbos in delta and the ones in rivers state , now the question is this..

Why do bini claim all igbos speaking lands outside the southeast? Are they trying to say that Igbos in the hinterland never crossed the river Niger to settle West like other tribes migrate?or they never migrated southwards didn't our igbo ancestors migrate from the current South East? I believe there is a land grabbing agenda somewhere which might later result to ethnic cleansing of these Igbos it happened before (during asaba massacre) it even happened in the in ikot abasi in Akwa ibom because I learnt it was once am an Igbo speaking town.i only pity Igbos outside the southeast who believes this fake bini stories from their elders and monarchs only if they know what their agenda is.
As a person who is interested in history I came to the conclusion with research finding that the reason why Igbos outside the southeast especially in delta state have similar culture with binis is because they were once colonised by the bini, the Benin empire colonised a huge portion of West Africa during their reign starting from onitsha in to East down to the present day Liberia,Wherever they conquered they imposed their tradition and religion on the people they conquer it was the British that stopped their expanse If not they would have gone further than that.
It is impossible for Igbos to migrate from Benin and still have igbo names, even their cities are named Igbo names it is impossible.this is the computer age I believe we are smarter and exposed now we need to make finding..

I think the truth is that the whole territory from Umunede to Asaba were originally settled by Igbos, but their kingship/leadership/ the ruling houses came from ancient Benin Empire. And because in those days king own everything in his domain (the people,the land) wherever the king claim he originated from is therefore where the people originated from. Final! The king's subjects dare not counter his words. That is possibly the case with these Western Igbos because their kingship (Dein of Agbor, Asagba of Asagba, etc) were ordained by or came from ancient Benin.

2 Likes

Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kirigidi:
I think the truth is that the whole territory from Umunede to Asaba were originally settled by Igbos, but their kingship/leadership/ the ruling houses came from ancient Benin Empire. And because in those days king own everything in his domain (the people,the land) wherever the king claim he originated from is therefore where the people originated from. Final! The king's subjects dare not counter his words. That is possibly the case with these Western Igbos because their kingship (Dein of Agbor, Asagba of Asagba, etc) were ordained by or came from ancient Benin.

Asagba of Asaba is not ordained by an bini.

bini story is totally fictitious and non existing. they should try and come up with something worth proving...

bini is simply as of old a violent kingdom looking for whom to subdue and bestow their kinship upon before they were brutally stopped.

what you call dein of agbor is just aa recent term, he late father title is obi of agbor until this young man who feels he knows more than his father and fathers before his own father changed it to dein that even him doesn't know the meaning.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Kirigidi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Asagba of Asaba is not ordained by an bini.

bini story is totally fictitious and non existing. they should try and come up with something worth proving...

bini is simply as of old a violent kingdom looking for whom to subdue and bestow their kinship upon before they were brutally stopped.

what you call dein of agbor is just aa recent term, he late father title is obi of agbor until this young man who feels he knows more than his father and fathers before his own father changed it to dein that even him doesn't know the meaning.
Are you an indigene of Asagba? If yes what is the name of your ancestral quarter in the town? If you are not an indigene of Asaba, then you need to understand that you as a stranger can not know the origin or narrate the history of the town better than the indigenes/owners of the land.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kirigidi:
Are you an indigene of Asagba? If yes what is the name of your ancestral quarter in the town? If you are not an indigene of Asaba, then you need to understand that you as a stranger can not know the origin or narrate the history of the town better than the indigenes/owners of the land.

I think the best u can do is read and research critically about the history of ahaba and nowhere willl you see bini mentioned.

it is not insulting that bini that is not upto 2.1 million will give risee tto nearly all ethnic group on earth with no link on culture, language, name....nothing....

common sense is not common.

The only people with their history tightly infact closely related to edos are yorubas both in name and anything and that's why you see conflicts when both writes their history.

coming over here with bini tales that no correlation can be seen is the highest deceit and fiction of all time.
Re: They Are No Igbo Speaking People Of Bini Origin. by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
All of us that are serious about all this past migration can contribute money to run a DNA test.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Drink This Palm Wine? / Countries Where Women Pay The Dowry Of Men Before Marriage / Up Nepa !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.