Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away (65042 Views)

Ghanaian Pastor Caught Sleeping With Married Woman On Church Altar (Photos) / Apostle Daniel Agharandukun Ololo Prays With Red Candles On Church Altar / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by kingxsamz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
zeusdgrt:

ONLY A FOOL THAT SAY IN HIS HEART THAT THERE IS NO GOD.

You're a FOOL in some other person's religion for not believing in their god, don't you think? wink

1 Like

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by akan102: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
decatalyst:

God is great.

The gospel of Christ will take over the whole earth sooner than later. Amen
Amen

1 Like

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by DigitB: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
Enoch07:
e get why

E get why my brother. THERE IS POWER IN THE EUCHARIST
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by kingxsamz(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Parisian:
So because people died other facts about the unfortunate event should be swept under the rug?

"So because people died" ? undecided
Really?
Would you have said this nonsense if your mother, Father or siblings died in that explosion?
Religion really makes one's brain dull. Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by akan102: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:
The Lebanon government should just resign.. I mean the total overhaul of the cabinet..

Corruption in Nigeria na child play to the one in Lebanon.

There is no miracle behind Bible and Quaran hardly burn during fire cos there cover are hard to burn.... Those who created it was clever right from the onset...
I don't understand please explain further
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by helinues: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
akan102:

I don't understand please explain further

Which part? Corruption in Lebanon or Fire with Bible/Quran?
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Shancca: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:

A Nation that was prosperous before but now struggling economy, Covid and not the fire disaster....

They may be having it better than Nigeria but their situation is getting deteriorated....

Like 6 Mps have resigned...

Resignation in a political system shows a high level of transparency which is uncommon in African politics. My brother; you cannot compare Lebanon to shithole Nigeria. Lebanon is far better and will bounce back because world powers have interest in their economy.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by RTSC: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Coldfeets:

Let's say you're driving a car and you got involved in an accident.

You got killed but miraculously, nothing happened to the car you were driving.

Then someone comes out and start praising one God for saving the car while allowing the driver to perish.

Nwanne wetin you go call that person?
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.

Isaiah 43:4

God has no problem allowing thousands of lives to perish just to save one child of his in danger.
And he owes no one an apology.
It's called the law of divine substitution.

He has done it many times, he is still doing it.

The safest place to be is under the wings of the almighty.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by helinues: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
Shancca:

Resignation in a political system shows a high level of transparency which is uncommon in African politics. My brother; you cannot compare Lebanon to shithole Nigeria. Lebanon is far better and will bounce back because world powers have interest in their economy.

Bro are you following up with the latest or you are talking about their past glory?

Protests started months ago even before this disaster.

People don't trust the government to the extent they prefer to collect aids from foreign countries directly...

I mean 80% of Lebanese saying they don't have a single trust in the government...

They are on street self as we are talking...
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Bible untouched again!!
My Father in Heaven keeps doing Everything Possible for Man to know that HE is the Way the Truth and the Life..

The picture below below Happened in a different nation..

Building burnt down but Bible Untouched..

All over Nations! All over the World,

JESUS IS KING!
JESUS is Coming back again!
Be Ready!!!!
so the people that died are sinners? you people just talk to make me hate Christianity the more, people died and you're here celebrating an unburnt Bible....so you've never heard of fire resistant materials? or you're just knowingly stupid

3 Likes

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by zeusdgrt(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're a FOOL in some other person's religion for not believing in their god, don't you think? wink
Even in ancient times the Greeks has many gods but they built an alter for the unknown God who they believe has authority and Paul went there telling them that the unknown God he has come to tell them about.Oga every religion recognises a supreme God which is Christ do a deep research and stop disgracing urself showing us that u are not enlightened. grin grin
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by zeusdgrt(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
Coldfeets:

Let's say you're driving a car and you got involved in an accident.

You got killed but miraculously, nothing happened to the car you were driving.

Then someone comes out and start praising one God for saving the car while allowing the driver to perish.

Nwanne wetin you go call that person?
Wrong analysis or sample check,let me be simple with the message cz I know you don't understand,the message simply telling the people to turn back to God that in him there's protection for all.Thats exactly what happened in the church at Lebanon.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by leofab(f): 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
zeusdgrt:

ONLY A FOOL THAT SAY IN HIS HEART THAT THERE IS NO GOD.
only a fool will insult a fellow just to please an invisible being.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Daylof: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Shancca: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:

Bro are you following up with the latest or you are talking about their past glory?

Protests started months ago even before this disaster.

People don't trust the government to the extent they prefer to collect aids from foreign countries directly...

I mean 80% of Lebanese saying they don't have a single trust in the government...

They are on street self as we are talking...

You take glory in a non polarised system like Lebanon. Whilst you are aware that Nigeria has been polarised due to ethnocentrism; consequently preventing a cohesive voice nation, both of us should be aware that this is the edge Lebanon has over Nigeria. Like Lebanese, we don’t even trust the Nigerian govt to receive foreign aids but how do we channel our rebuttals when we struggle with national cohesion and unity? I still maintain my stand; Lebanon is a haven compare to Nigeria.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by zeusdgrt(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
leofab:
only a fool will insult a fellow just to please an invisible being.
As written and inscripted in the holy Bible grin
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Coldfeets: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
RTSC:

Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.

Isaiah 43:4

God has no problem allowing thousands of lives to perish just to save one child of his in danger.
And he owes no one an apology.
It's called the law of divine substitution.

He has done it many times, he is still doing it.

The safest place to be is under the wings of the almighty.

If the God you serve really has no problem with allowing thousands to perish just to save one soul, then I must tell you that the safest place for me to is ONE MILLION MILES away from such a devlish and nepotistic God.

1 Like

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by afroxyz: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
God can save altar and Bible and yet man that he created in his image and likeness and sent his beloved son to die for could not be saved?

2 Likes

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by afroxyz: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
Shancca:

You take glory in a non polarised system like Lebanon. Whilst you are aware that Nigeria has been polarised due to ethnocentrism; consequently preventing a cohesive voice nation, both of us should be aware that this is the edge Lebanon has over Nigeria. Like Lebanese, we don’t even trust the Nigerian govt to receive foreign aids but how do we channel our rebuttals when we struggle with national cohesion and unity? I still maintain my stand; Lebanon is a haven compare to Nigeria.

Who told you that Lebanon does not have different ethnic groups?
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Investnow2017: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Coldfeets:

Exactly.

You have a point there!!!

Sometimes these mindless Followers make God look like a very terrible and wicked and senseless and horrible personality.
False religion has turned some to harbouring very poor impression about the true God. They misrepresent the Person of God and that is sad, too bad. Some mindless comments coming from some here who claim to know God hurt deeply. It is humans that use alter to worship, if the same god will allow humans to die violently like that and preserve the alter, who will worship at the alter? People are better be careful. Fanatism hurts. A priest ran for his dear life in a video in one of the churches affected in Beirut. I have the video but can't post it, though safe he was likely injured. I have also read comments where some ignorants think that God was punishing the Lebanese because they were muslims or Christians! That opinion is sickening, sickening indeed. The true God does not have hand in the unfortunate tragedy that befell that nation. The idea that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform should not be misapplied. He will always do what is right.
You are in a bus, and there was an accident, you happen to survive while some died - would you conclude that God killed the dead and preserved you? Some persons used to reason this way but Jesus Christ corrected them, Read Luke 13:1-5.
What happened was clearly an accident, and every sane person will feel for the bereaved and the massive number of homeless families generated as a result of the tragedy. May they be consoled.
For the dead, God has promised in his word to bring back the dead in future, into a better and righteous new world, John 5:28,29.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by biomedics(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
It is deep.

thesicilian:
Lots of people died. Many houses and properties destroyed. But it's the untouched alter that's the centre of attention.

1 Like

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by calculator123(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Bible untouched again!!
My Father in Heaven keeps doing Everything Possible for Man to know that HE is the Way the Truth and the Life..

The picture below below Happened in a different nation..

Building burnt down but Bible Untouched..

All over Nations! All over the World,

JESUS IS KING!
JESUS is Coming back again!
Be Ready!!!!

If you know how objects burns, you wouldn't post that picture.

The Bible is compact and doesn't allow oxygen which supports burning to flow freely.

That's why it wasn't burnt.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Texman21:
I am surprised righteousness missed this one.
check again
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by LordOfTheGame: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:
The Lebanon government should just resign.. I mean the total overhaul of the cabinet..

Corruption in Nigeria na child play to the one in Lebanon.

There is no miracle behind Bible and Quaran hardly burn during fire cos there cover are hard to burn.... Those who created it was clever right from the onset...

Your own MUMUness is at apex point.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by karkel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
To God be the glory. The middle East really need to return to their Christian heritage.

Enough of this violence already.
hallujah

1 Like

Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
I won't be surprise if these children of Esua burn it down in Anger just so christains will share some loss... Islam Ajoka

Jesus liveth Forever
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by RTSC: 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Coldfeets:

If the God you serve really has no problem with allowing thousands to perish just to save one soul, then I must tell you that the safest place for me to is ONE MILLION MILES away from such a devlish and nepotistic God.
Ok
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Laid2001: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Was there no church near the epicentre?
Nearer than 1km from the blast.?
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:
[s][/s]

Why do you run away from arrow or yaba left?

A Nigga Once Said: K
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Coldfeets: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
Investnow2017:

False religion has turned some to harbouring very poor impression about the true God. They misrepresent the Person of God and that is sad, too bad. Some mindless comments coming from some here who claim to know God hurt deeply. It is humans that use alter to worship, if the same god will allow humans to die violently like that and preserve the alter, who will worship at the alter? People are better be careful. Fanatism hurts. A priest ran for his dear life in a video in one of the churches affected in Beirut. I have the video but can't post it, though safe he was likely injured. I have also read comments where some ignorants think that God was punishing the Lebanese because they were muslims or Christians! That opinion is sickening, sickening indeed. The true God does not have hand in the unfortunate tragedy that befell that nation. The idea that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform should not be misapplied. He will always do what is right.
You are in a bus, and there was an accident, you happen to survive while some died - would you conclude that God killed the dead and preserved you? Some persons used to reason this way but Jesus Christ corrected them, Read Luke 13:1-5.
What happened was clearly an accident, and every sane person will feel for the bereaved and the massive number of homeless families generated as a result of the tragedy. May they be consoled.
For the dead, God has promised in his word to bring back the dead in future, into a better and righteous new world, John 5:28,29.

I totally agree with you.

It's a shame what religious fanaticism has done to some of our people and the way it has badly affected how they reason at times.
Re: Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away by Olarewaju89: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
Urhobokwaleboy:

A Nigga Once Said: K

Na you sabi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chijioke Who 'Heals' Women By Sucking Breast Opens Church In Kenya(audio) / Pastor David Elijah With Bundles Of Money After His Malaysia Trip (Photos) / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.