Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 (4018 Views)

How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation / Beware Of False Teachers Parading Themselves Here On This Forum / The Love Of Money Is A Characteristic Of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 Verse 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by aletheia(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2011
mabell:

Yeah ,  Your Walls of religious spirit has crumbled grin. How is school , hope you have pocket money? Read your books o and be a good boy.
^^Is this an attempt at sounding patronizing, woman? What has pocket money got to do with the discourse at hand? Must your thoughts always decline to "money matters"?

Paul in his clear warning:
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:9-10)

When you read the commandclem thread; you will see this scenario playing out in the life of your fellow acolyte fyneguy. You will do well to take heed to yourself and ponder on these words:

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. (Revelation 3:17-18)

Soon. . .very soon, the corruption in your Chris' Embassy will so publicly exposed that even your countervailing cognitive dissonance will crumble in the face of the unassailable light.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2011
aletheia:

^^Is this an attempt at sounding patronizing, woman? What has pocket money got to do with the discourse at hand? Must your thoughts always decline to "money matters"?

Paul in his clear warning:
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:9-10)

When you read the commandclem thread; you will see this scenario playing out in the life of your fellow acolyte fyneguy. You will do well to take heed to yourself and ponder on these words:

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and unclothed: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. (Revelation 3:17-18)

Soon. . .very soon, the corruption in your Chris' Embassy will so publicly exposed that even your countervailing cognitive dissonance will crumble in the face of the unassailable light.

I fear that as she is currently an illiterate, she'll miss the import of your words,  Words "bigger" than amazingly cause them to applaud at CE PLC. "countervailing cognitive dissonance" will cause her a migraine. Idiotic, vacuous people who refuse to read truth themselves. And this particular person takes the cake.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2011
Bold words truly tell the tale. wink
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by petres007(m): 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2011
nuclearboy:

Bold words truly tell the tale. wink

Got it cool
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mabell: 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2011
@Aletheia and all poverty preachers,
There is a difference between a man that is labouring after riches and the man that God made rich .
GET THAT STRAIGHT!. we don't labour to be rich,we only embrace our inheritance and serve God with it.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
Covetousness In The Latter Days

"And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." (Luke 12:15)

The sin of covetousness perhaps has been the most besetting sin of the human race since Eve, and God finally wrote it into the Decalog itself: "Thou shalt not covet" (Exodus 20:17).  The apostle Paul even made the sweeping statement: "The love of money is the root of all evil" (I Timothy 6:10).  "For . . . no . . . covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God" (Ephesians 5:5).

In view of such warnings, the Christian should indeed greatly beware of covetousness.  Nevertheless, one of the distressing characteristics predicted for the "last days" is a great increase of covetousness, even among professing Christians.  "In the last days . . . men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous. . . . Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof" (II Timothy 3:1-2,5).

It is sad to see so many modern "Christian" movements promoting what might be called a "prosperity cult," teaching that "gain is godliness." Stressing "positive mental attitude," "self-help," "creative visualization," and various other supposed spiritual psychotherapies, these modern false teachers and their affluent lifestyles have deluded multitudes of coveting Christians into thinking they have some sort of divine right to material prosperity.

The Greek word for "covetous," describing men of the last days (II Timothy 3:2) is the same as that for "love of money" (I Timothy 6:10), an undue attention to material things.  It is also used (in negative form) in Hebrews 13:5, and this is the true Christian standard.  "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mabell: 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2011
^^^^
hypocrisy on rampage
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by Joagbaje(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2011
Isaiah 1:19 (amp)
19 If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich!

Isaiah 1:19
19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;

2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.  
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by newmi(m): 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2011
so is riches from God or the devil?
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mabell: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ask them o. Some people just misuse scriptures to back up their religiosity . God is not author of confusion. There is a difference between "Money" and "the love of money" there is a difference between "riches" and "trusting in riches" why would God demand for gold to build the terbernacle if he is against them having it. There is a diffenrence between the man who is blessed according tithe Word and the one labouring and chasing after uncertain riches. Who ever can't differentiate between all these will enter into error.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by newmi(m): 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2011
Jesus had said the gentiles seek after riches but for us.  it will come as jara.  no be so?

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by Joagbaje(m): 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2011
Those who advocate that Christian should suffer poverty and lack on earth "for" Jesus should be ready for a shock of their lives if they should get to heaven. cheesy. He will ask them for all they ought to have done financially to build his kingdom. People they should have helped , bibles they should have distributed, individuals they ought to have empowered financially to stand,gospel equipment they should have bought etc etc.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by aletheia(m): 2:28am On Feb 20, 2011
mabell:

@Aletheia and all poverty preachers,

^^You poor follower of Mammon. Spare me your self-righteous and condescending platitudes. If resolving to preach nothing else but "Jesus Christ, and him crucified" is poverty preaching; then so be it. Afterall, this world and all its glory is passing away.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:15-17).

The true followers of Jesus have always been poor by the standards of this world: Our inheritance and our kingdom is not of this world.
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(Matthew 25:35-36)

mabell:

There is a difference between a man that is labouring after riches and the man that God made rich .

Is this how you justify your covetousness? Does God make every believer rich in the things of the world?

"And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." (Luke 12:15)

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24)

Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? (James 2:5-6)

mabell:

GET THAT STRAIGHT!. we don't labour to be rich,we only embrace our inheritance and serve God with it.

And obviously your understanding of that inheritance is very shallow. Does the Bible anywhere teach you that having more dollars/naira, better cars, bigger houses etc is your inheritance in Christ? The Devil has sold a shiny bauble to you and you have exchanged gold for dross.

. . ."but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit."
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by newmi(m): 7:17am On Feb 20, 2011
Aletheia
Let me help you draw the line. I asked a simple question, is God against prosperity ? And also, Is covetousness thesame as prosperity? if you can answer these questions covetousness,your problem is half solved.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 7:22am On Feb 20, 2011
Examples, examples, EXAMPLES. Where are the examples?

These shallow minded perverters of the Gospel ask us to follow a false example set by Abram (note the name) to pay tithes. Of course they neglect to mention he never paid a tithe from his own personal business/monies and that what he GAVE it on, he did not even consider to belong to himself.

Yet here they refuse to put the same rule to practice with the now true example set by Christ, His Apostle and EVERY single instance of Christian we see in the New Testament. Why can't they show us the "material prosperity" claims of the apostles and where/how it ever worked in their lives?

What was the "inheritance embraced and used to serve God" by Paul? or Peter? Rather than comparing spiritual to spiritual, you mix physical with spiritual, cotton with silk.

No wonder God forbade His people from mixing clothes (covering) - he knew people would hide under a devilish mishmash. Of course that is another "perverted" matter.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mabell: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2011
@Newmi
newmi:

Aletheia
Let me help you draw the line. I asked a simple question, is God against prosperity ? And also, Is covetousness thesame as prosperity? if you can answer these questions covetousness,your problem is half solved.

Good question.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by aletheia(m): 10:50am On Feb 20, 2011
^^Obviously you both failed to see where God condemns your definition of prosperity in 1 John 2:15-17, Luke 12:15, Luke 6:24 posted above.

Both of you should answer this question:

aletheia:

Does the Bible anywhere teach you that having more dollars/naira, better cars, bigger houses etc is your inheritance in Christ?
Did Jesus, the Apostles or anyone teach that?

I am only interested in answers from the Bible not man-made answers like:
newmi:

. . .is God against prosperity?

In fact, let me ask you this: How does God define prosperity in the Bible? Let me give you a hint.

Blessed is. . .

It is obvious that you belong to the party of those who believe that "gain is godliness" (1 Tim 6:5) who have been made merchandise of by your pastor Chris as you gullibly support his financial empire. You know the truth of what I say but because of covetousness you have been taken captive.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. (2 Peter 2:3)

This is a description of Chris' Embassy
And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. (Ezekiel 33:31)
For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. (Jeremiah 6:13)
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. (Jeremiah 23:16-17)

Understand this then: Judgment is coming upon Chris' Embassy and all other daughter churches of Babylon. It draws near and shall be swiftly fulfilled. It is unfortunate that you have refused to listen.

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken. Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it. (Jeremiah 6:16-19)
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by petres007(m): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2011
aletheia:

Understand this then: Judgment is coming upon Chris' Embassy and all other daughter churches of Babylon. It draws near and shall be swiftly fulfilled. It is unfortunate that you have refused to listen.

Amen! So good to know that God will not put up with the misrepresentation of his word forever.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^ Those words come from a member of Christ's body and are the judgment Paul spoke of us having. It will be executed
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by petres007(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ Those words come from a member of Christ's body and are the judgment Paul spoke of us having. It will be executed, in due time.

wink
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by newmi(m): 4:02am On Feb 21, 2011
You know every time l think the about people like my nuclearbonboi, Kunleoshob, enigma, and rest on their comrades l feel a deep Sense of concern because these men are oblivious of what they seem to be up against, think this message that pastor Chris preaches is not something we just simply accepted don't think that we as stupid and nuts as you think we should be, some of us have been born again and Christians even before some of your fathers ever thought of going to church and we have proved this message in our personal lives and like the apostle John wrote "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and hands have handled, of the Word of life" (John 1:1)

These are truths that we have proved and we still prove on a daily basis so stop expending your time wrongly get wise read your bible.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 4:23am On Feb 21, 2011
newmi:

You know every time l think the about people like my nuclearbonboi, Kunleoshob, enigma, and rest on their comrades l feel a deep Sense of concern because these men are oblivious of what they seem to be up against, think this message that pastor Chris preaches is not something we just simply accepted don't think that we as silly and nuts as you think we should be, some of us have been born again and Christians even before some of your fathers ever thought of going to church and we have proved this message in our personal lives and like the apostle John wrote "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and hands have handled, of the Word of life" (John 1:1)

These are truths that we have proved and we still prove on a daily basis so stop expending your time wrongly get wise read your bible.

Just like the pharisees knew Christ's father and were Joseph's teacher. Which ids why at 60, you worship a younger man because he gives you money andd employs your father as gate-man
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by petres007(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2011
newmi:

we have proved this message in our personal lives

If it works, it must be God! cool

newmi:

[/color] and like the apostle John wrote "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and hands have handled, of the Word of life" (John 1:1)

Just look at him quote John out of context grin
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by nuclearboy(m): 7:41am On Feb 21, 2011
^^

His female version showed her Bible scholarship too on the rhapsody of reality thread misquoting the lesser is blessed by the giver and link that to Abraham and Melchizedek. Talk about an oxymoron! Well, someone pointed out she was basically saying Abraham was the greater since he "gave". Of course, she took no correction just as gringory above will not .

Sad, to see the extent of knowledge of the Word among these pretenders to Christianity
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by petres007(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^

His female version showed her Bible scholarship too on the rhapsody of reality thread misquoting [b]the lesser is blessed by the giver and link that to Abraham and Melchizedek. Talk about an oxymoron! Well, someone pointed out she was basically saying Abraham was the greater since he "gave". [/b]Of course, she took no correction just as gringory above will not .

shocked shocked shocked

Why is it so hard to admit one made a simple mistake? 

I forgot; "gods" don't make mistakes  grin grin grin

Seriously, this lines up with their trademark prideful and boastful attitude about their giving. Its one of the things I kept wondering about back then. I thought we were supposed to keep to Jesus' teachings on this; that we were not to let the right hand know what the left was doing, but these guys couldn't stop boasting about their giving and even disclose details about it!  shocked Whatever happened to your heavenly father seeing your deeds in secret and blessing you openly??

It's no surprise they'd now say the lesser is blessed by the giver.  undecided
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by uchdazzle: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
Wen i used to bein skool, blw had the finest chicks and guys, they always used gals to bring d wats up guys to their fellowship. one needs to c d way the gals dress to evangelize, i only use to hear two things during deir evangelism, 'hello, and 'so will u come'. i never fell for their stuff but my friends who did were always raising funds for 'partnership esp' and d amount mehn! dey were always raising money, ok wen we were to graduate nko, other fellowships gave reasonable pledges to graduands so they can be associated with them, but blw mehn!!! D way blw was asking for money from students made me say God if i have to slit my throat to give to u, wil u accept the lil i really have, should i give to u Lord den beg to feed, i feel that the charge of giving to God dat most churches do now is too much, dey might have good intentions but it is too much all dis money they collect n dey cant build a comminity relief center in all states, motherless babies home or disabled children home, u feed them once televise it, wat about the rest days in a year. me i jus go to church to hear d word give wat d bible wants of me n use dose vows etc n touch lives Gods grace. let us not give to ventures dat have hope dat witout ones help dey shall still thrive rada lets give to the hopeless
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2011

Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mail4gift2(m): 3:44am On Oct 25, 2011
Ever since i read the whole of New Testament and start remembering a lot of False teaching done by this pastors, i lost interest in going to Church, all i do is read my bible over and over and over again twice a day and always fast once or twice a month (depending on what i am asking God for).

So many false teachers and i hate to be the one to expose them, imagine walking straight to one of the false pastors church and tell his congregation that this man is not preaching the real word of God and he is a false prophet, you might either end up in the Hospital with your two legs up (one for sokoto the other for yokoto grin grin) or you might be stoned to death with the bible.

Is it wise to expose a pastor who tried to rape your girlfriend in front of everybody on Sunday in Church? or to just call one or two HommieG's and beat him to stupor, which is okay to do? or should i let go?

Everybody go answer question when that day reach.
Re: The Love of Money is a Characteristic of Most False Teachers - 2 Peter 2 verse 3 by mail4gift2(m): 4:08am On Oct 25, 2011
This false prophets/teachers own don too much, abeg, any body way know any of this false prophets one on one, help me tell them to get ready for me, am coming home soon to expose them, e don do for them, which kind thing be this, see as them dey turn bible upside down, na only tithe and offering them dey preach this days.

na becos of them so many hate they go on for naija, imagine pastor go dey tell you to pray to God to kill your enemies, shuuuuu, na watin Jesus Christ come this world come do? even when them dey tell Jesus Christ to come down from the cross if him be the real son of God, e no just listen to them, at the end, watin him talk, him say "FATHER, FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING" na so oyibo people talk am, while my people dey talk am like this "Baba God, no kill them, leave them, them no no watin them dey do" and true true them no no.

Instead of pastors to dey preach about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and forgiveness, na about money money money and kill your enemy, pray to God to kill your enemy them dey preach about, them jst dey mk the death and resurrection be like say na wast of time, if na me be Jesus Christ i for dey regret why i die for this fools, see as them turn my Saviour teaching upside down.

Whoever know them one on one, tell them, tell them, i dey come, make them ready for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Missing Second Commandment: / Follow Better Church, Follow ECKANKAR / Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.