Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. (1339 Views)

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. / Panla Fish - What Is The English Name / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by iparipa: 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Please who knows the English name of the fruit that Yorubas call yeeye.
It grows in bunches and is orange in colour when ripe.
It grows in the bush and is not sold in the market like our common fruits.
I actually want to look up the nutritional and health benefits on the internet but I don't know the name to search with.
Please assist if you know the English name.
If you also already know the health benefits, share with us, I would highly appreciate that.
Thanks in advance.
Re: English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by anthonyuncle(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2020
a fruit that is not sold in da market?
Re: English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by iparipa: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
anthonyuncle:
a fruit that is not sold in da market?

Yes. Because it is not one of our conventional fruits.
It grows in the bush and is in bunches, just like the grape, only that it is orange in colour.
I got to know that it is edible from Yoruba colleagues.
I have equally eaten it with them several times.
It tastes somehow sour and I am convinced it has health benefits judging from it's colour and taste .
It is just that they don't know the English name for me to Google it.
Nature has provided us with many goodies only that we are ignorant of most of these free solutions which are just under our nose.
Re: English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by anthonyuncle(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
iparipa:

Yes. Because it is not one of our conventional fruits.
It grows in the bush and is in bunches, just like the grape, only that it is orange in colour.
I got to know that it is edible from Yoruba colleagues.
I have equally eaten it with them several times.
It tastes somehow sour and I am convinced it has health benefits judging from it's colour and taste .
It is just that they don't know the English name for me to Google it.
Nature has provided us with many goodies only that we are ignorant of most of these free solutions which are just under our nose.

go to those ur friends and ask them
Re: English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by EyeofanEagle(m): 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
iparipa:
Please who knows the English name of the fruit that Yorubas call yeeye.
It grows in bunches and is orange in colour when ripe.
It grows in the bush and is not sold in the market like our common fruits.
I actually want to look up the nutritional and health benefits on the internet but I don't know the name to search with.
Please assist if you know the English name.
If you also already know the health benefits, share with us, I would highly appreciate that.
Thanks in advance.
The name is Spondias mombin also known as yellow mombin or hog plum.In Nigeria, the fruit is called Iyeye or Yeye in the Yoruba language,ngulungwu in Igbo and isada in Hausa.All according to Wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: English Name Of Yeeye Fruit. by iparipa: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
EyeofanEagle:
The name is Spondias mombin also known as yellow mombin or hog plum.In Nigeria, the fruit is called Iyeye or Yeye in the Yoruba language,ngulungwu in Igbo and isada in Hausa.All according to Wikipedia

Thank you so much Bros/ Sis.
That exactly the picture.
Now I will go ahead and Google the health benefits.
I am so grateful. Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Top FMCG Companies In Nigeria; A Complete List / Rice Price In Nigeria / Which Swallow Is Your Favorite? #swallowwars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.