Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla (1299 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / Overheating Lexus Es330 2005model / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by nani212(m): 2:12am On Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone. I bought a 2005 Toyota Corolla toks, 3 years ago. It has been serving me properly with minimal faults which I fix very quickly. Recently my car started overheating. I called my mechanic and we noticed the radiator has leaks. The leaks were sealed and I drove the car for about a week and noticed it started overheating again. If I park and pour water in the radiator, it stops overheating but as soon as I park the car for a while and start driving, I notice it starts overheating again. When I check the radiator and the reservoir, I notice there is no water inside despite pouring a lot of water previously. Could this be the radiator leaking again externally or could it be that the water is leaking into the engine. The car moves very well and does not lose power. Please help.
Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:55am On Aug 11, 2020
nani212:
Hello everyone. I bought a 2005 Toyota Corolla toks, 3 years ago. It has been serving me properly with minimal faults which I fix very quickly. Recently my car started overheating. I called my mechanic and we noticed the radiator has leaks. The leaks were sealed and I drove the car for about a week and noticed it started overheating again. If I park and pour water in the radiator, it stops overheating but as soon as I park the car for a while and start driving, I notice it starts overheating again. When I check the radiator and the reservoir, I notice there is no water inside despite pouring a lot of water previously. Could this be the radiator leaking again externally or could it be that the water is leaking into the engine. The car moves very well and does not lose power. Please help.
Cc GAZZUZZ

always replace radiators

7 Likes

Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by ksmart027(m): 6:32am On Aug 11, 2020
nani212:
Cc GAZZUZZ
check your radiator cap, a bad radiator cap will make you loose water in your radiator.

NB: you are meant to have coalant in your radiator not water.

1 Like

Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2020
nani212:
Cc GAZZUZZ

Replace the radiator.
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by MyMouth(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
ksmart027:

check your radiator cap, a bad radiator cap will make you loose water in your radiator.

NB: you are meant to have coalant in your radiator not water.
Pls I have been using water for a while now, can I switch back to coolant?
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by ksmart027(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
MyMouth:

Pls I have been using water for a while now, can I switch back to coolant?
Yes, check the recommended coalant for your car, drain the water and replace with coalant. Remember to bleed the system when you are done.
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by MyMouth(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2020
ksmart027:

Yes, check the recommended coalant for your car, drain the water and replace with coalant. Remember to bleed the system when you are done.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by ksmart027(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2020
MyMouth:
Ok. Thanks
uwc
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by cyborg123(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
ksmart027:

How is this bleeding done please?

I had a leakage issue with my corolla too. I replaced my radiator but I noticed that every morning when I check the water level, the water spills out. Online research shows this is due to air trapped in cooling system.

I don't have any over heating though.
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by ksmart027(m): 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
cyborg123:

How is this bleeding done please?

I had a leakage issue with my corolla too. I replaced my radiator but I noticed that every morning when I check the water level, the water spills out. Online research shows this is due to air trapped in cooling system.

I don't have any over heating though.
I dont know of corolla but all you need to do is start the car and allow it to idle, remove the radiator cap, when the engine start to get hot, you will see bubbles coming out of the radiator, keep topping the coalant till the radiator fan comes up twice, top with coalant and close the radiator cap.

NB: some cars have screw for bleeding, so you can check yours online if it have screw or not.
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by cyborg123(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
ksmart027:

I dont know of corolla but all you need to do is start the car and allow it to idle, remove the radiator cap, when the engine start to get hot, you will see bubbles coming out of the radiator, keep topping the coalant till the radiator fan comes up twice, top with coalant and close the radiator cap.

NB: some cars have screw for bleeding, so you can check yours online if it have screw or not.

Thanks. I tried this method but I apparently stopped too soon. The bubbles kept coming & didn't stop... so I gave up after a while. I will redo it.
Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by ksmart027(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
cyborg123:

Thanks. I tried this method but I apparently stopped too soon. The bubbles kept coming & didn't stop... so I gave up after a while. I will redo it.
Haha dont give up oo, leave the car idling till the fan comes up twice.

1 Like

Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by nani212(m): 7:10am On Aug 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

always replace radiators
. I changed the radiator and everything is fine now. Thanks a lot everyone

1 Like

Re: Overheating 2005 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2020
nani212:
. I changed the radiator and everything is fine now. Thanks a lot everyone

Glory be to God. Its good to speak up on the final solution to d problem arising. Thank you for your appreciation to everyone of us here.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sienna 2005 For Sale / Auto Show Tafawa Balewa Square! Who's Going / Advice Needed On Maintaining Volvo S40 T4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.