Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Should I Buy This EOD? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy This EOD? (4876 Views)

Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed / Would You Buy This “tokunbo” Toy Car For N75, 000? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Niyi6(m): 7:44am On Aug 17, 2020
speedfreak:

Great deal i must say...just want to correct a few things that seem mythical
1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!
Kindly add this number to your Honda group 09022403880. Thanks
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Niyi6(m): 7:45am On Aug 17, 2020
speedfreak:

Great deal i must say...just want to correct a few things that seem mythical
1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!
Kindly add this number to your Honda group 08022403880. Thanks
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:03am On Aug 05, 2023
temmym4:

This is so true.

Someone close to me owned it for some years, he changed transmission 3 times in 4 years, each costing about 180k.

There is a constant issue with the V6 engine and the AC too. He fixed it severally, works for weeks then something goes wrong again. Mind you, it's not cheap fixing EOD AC

I decided to drive it down myself to my own AC repairer. He opened the hood and told me, why waste money on fixing a V6 EOD AC, it is prone to always failing and i ll be back to him soon, it starts with clutch getting burnt. He said he can fix it if i want him to but he is telling me the truth due to the fact that we are close.

He has a 2004 accord now (DC) I4 engine. He fixed the AC more than a year now, still cold.

Then i dont know what they did the the leg pull, a mechanic said he was going to weld some stuff and the leg will never pull. Funny thing is, it's been almost 3 years now, car has never pulled leg. Maybe if i ever own an Honda with leg pull syndrome, i llask him what the mechanic actually did. lol

Hmm
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Timagex(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
ClitRaider:
The car look good and it's a cheap deal.
AC needs refills is a blatant lie.
You'll need to change valve or condenser or other things to fix it.
If the transmission is not okay, do not buy it
Lastly, it's a v6 engine, hope you've got cash for fuel?
Cos Buhari dey vex did days, we may buy PM's for N200 next months and nobody dares complain.

I'm a proud Honda DC owner.

we may buy PM's for N200 next months and nobody dares complain.

August 2023. We are buying fuel at 580per litre. Is God not wonderful?😁

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ClitRaider: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Timagex:

we may buy PM's for N200 next months and nobody dares complain.
August 2023. We are buying fuel at 580per litre. Is God not wonderful?😁
Now, it's sold N650 in Kogi.
God is wonderful!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JDM Toyota Century / Between Peugeot 406 Ew10 And Ew12... / Where In Lagos Can I Get A Fairly Used (tokunbo) Power Bike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.