Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device (4043 Views)

Weirdest Thing You Have Caught Your Friend Doing With Your Phone? / Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name / How To Fix “no Permission To Delete File” On Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Blastedholligan: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
In our day to day activities, we end up doing a whole lot of things with our phones we ought not to be doing, which leads to frustrations.

Below is a list of things we shouldn't be doing with our phones:

1. Don’t constantly swipe away recent apps, you end up losing much power to reopen them.

2. Don’t save your contacts to only your phone. Consider saving your contacts on your SIM card or your Google account to serve as a backup

3. Don’t leave your phone unsecured. Leaving your device unlocked would leave your privacy in the hands with anyone that gets in contact with your phone

4. Simply don’t root your device

5. Don’t use task killers or battery boosting apps. Current android versions are able to manage its resources on its own

6. Don’t download apps without researching or from unknown sources. Blindly installing apps may come with its own effects

7. Don't make calls or play games with your phone whiles it's plugged in

8. Don't use unoriginal charges or accessories. These may end up doing more harm than good

9. Don't ignore app permissions. Get to know what permissions you are granting, so these apps don't secretly monitor or use your data for unscrupulous activities

10. Don't ignore system or security updates. These bring you security and improve your device as a whole

11. Consider restarting your phone periodically. Never restarting your device would build up cache and temporary data which is stored on your phone and that leads to full storage and poor performance. Restarting your device at least two times a month is advisable

12. Don't leave apps like Facebook continuously running in the background or open a lot of tabs on Google Chrome. You would end up losing more data, battery, and RAM

13. Don't use your phone in the scorching sun. You would end up overheating your device

14. Don't leave your phone plugged in to continuously charge for hours

15. Don't use more than one antivirus app on your device, they would end up slowing your device, use more RAM and battery

16. Don't put your smartphone in your chest or back pocket, you might end up sitting on it or bend down for it to fall

17. Don't use an earpiece or a headset while charging your phone

18. Don't sleep on your smartphone, especially under your pillow, or putting it nearby your head while asleep

19. Don't use the ports of your phone with wet hands or in a wet environment

20. Don't charge your phone under your pillow or on your bed or on an uneven surface or put your phone on the bare floor

21. Don't exert pressure on your phone

22. Don't repair your phone with a roadside engineer or technician. They might not know what they are doing and end up damaging your device

23. Not clearing the cache and data of your device. Periodically, this should be done

24. Not using a screen protector or a back cover case. These end up giving your phone a layer of protection

25. Putting your phone face down or screen down would not be advised. You might end up damaging your screen

NOTE: If I missed anything, feel free to add up in the comment section.

Source: https://spot.tecno.com/global/post-details/index.html?id=103274

Honsule
Dragnet

17 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Drvade(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Don't read this post without checking on my signature.

lets make money!

2 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Sensitivity: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thumb up
wink
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Sunkanmiwise(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
I call this 'The Manual for Usage of phone'. Detail enough. Thanks, well appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nonsense, half of what u wrote is trash. Dont root your phone, why? Dont use more than one anti virus app, what tha Bleep that shit doesnt work.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Ghallant01(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nice write up.. This really helpful
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by KrazyDave16(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
1. NVMe and UFS tech is there, unless you're referring to eMMC users undecided

2. SIM saving isn't really necessary if you using Google to backup.

4. ??

6. Apps used worldwide spy on us (Facebook and co) so... pointless

7. New innovation called passthrough implemented by Sony, Asus and I think Oppo. They're focused on the high end devices but we'd see them soon enough on mid tiers.

14. Recent charging tech got features to stop your device from charging both on hardware and software side.

22. This is kinda controversial. Sometimes these roadside technicians fix your device far better and way cheaper than authorised centers.

5 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by teddydhamivee: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
True
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by theNOISEmaker: 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
How can you tell me not to root my android phone? Rubbish!
I have been rooting my phone since my first android, now this is my 9th android phone and trust me I have never had any issues. How do people even use unrooted android phones sef? I can't mehn.. I need to play around with my phone bro.. An unrooted phone is like a prison bro..

3 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Vyzz: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
U got them all bruh
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by saheedniyi22(m): 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
theNOISEmaker:
How can you tell me not to root my android phone? Rubbish!
I have been rooting my phone since my first android, now this is my 9th android phone and trust me I have never had any issues. How do people even use unrooted android phones sef? I can't mehn.. I need to play around with my phone bro.. An unrooted phone is like a prison bro..
What does it mean to root a phone??
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Asianjollof007: 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
saheedniyi22:
What does it mean to root a phone??
I really want to know too
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:14am On Aug 13, 2020
And lastly know that sexual life is important,check our siggy
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Don’t use android phones cool
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by femi4: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Don't root your phones. Rooted phones void your warranty

If you fail to unroot before flashing your phone, you ll brick your phone

The pain is more than the gain.....Don't root your phone

3 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2020
femi4:
Don't root your phones. Rooted phones devoid warranty

If you fail to unroot before flashing your phone, you ll brick your phone

The pain is more than the gain.....Don't root your phone
illiteray is disease. Stop saying what you dont know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by femi4: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2020
Collinz2:
illiteray is disease. Stop saying what you dont know.
I have been there and out. You are the illiterate here

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2020
femi4:
I have been there and out. You are the illiterate here
Illiteracy is really a disease.

I have been there also and never getting out.

1. Yes, it void warranty.

2. Abnormal behavior, don't be silly. Unrooted phone are worst.

3. Rooted phones receives ota update but will brick when installed that's why developers develop systemless root to install update on rooted phone. (Make your research)

5. This appears to be the most stupid thing I've heard today. I guess you have not use some infinix phone.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by femi4: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2020
Collinz2:

3. Rooted phones receives ota update but will brick when installed that's why developers develop systemless root to install update on rooted phone. (Make your research)

5. This appears to be the most stupid thing I've heard today. I guess you have not use some infinix phone.
No story again. You can continue to argue with yourself

3 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by lereinter(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2020
This is a superb educative compilation

No 13 issues has affected my android many times making it go blank for hours

Good to have a small phone handy
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by modextus(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2020
Everything you said here.. I've got a problem with the first point.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Legalcriminal: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Don’t put too much of security on your phone, some people lock every app on phone that’s crazy..
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Nawaooo

Just kii me

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Archangels2(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2020
It's appalling when someone painstakingly writes an article and people come to criticize it rudely. If you don't agree with some of the facts stated here why don't you civilly state your point countering the OP you don't have to come off as rude and insulting.

Nice write up OP

9 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by sunshineV(f): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2020
if u use a transsion mobile forget about number 10
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2020
femi4:
No story again. You can continue to argue with yourself
Like i said, illiteracy is a disease.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by HoluGraze: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2020
Nice one Op
You did a great job by putting everything here
some ass licking bloggers will put us in suspense.

Tufiaaaaaa. to all the la cliq crew

2 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by abumeinben(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Rule no. 1 of smart phones use:
Don't-use-a-Smart-phone:
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by WhisperedNoise: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Archangels2:
It's appalling when someone painstakingly writes an article and people come to criticize it rudely. If you don't agree with some of the facts stated here why don't you civilly state your point countering the OP you don't have to come off as rude and insulting.

Nice write up OP
Don't mind them jare. Children with freebasics. No sense of courtesy or decorum.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by GreaterFuture1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Collinz2:

Can you help me root my ASUS Zenfone V. I want to upgrade OS and improve battery life
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Sainthia: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Don’t put too much of security on your phone, some people lock every app on phone that’s crazy..
as in ehn, I really don't know what exactly they're hiding

1 Like

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Sainthia: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
I've learnt not to save contacts on phone alone but also on Google

(1) (2) (Reply)

China, Why???? Tech Gurus, Help!!! / My Tecno L5 Review! Like Power Bank. / Beam Messenger Allows You To See What A Person Types Before It Is Sent To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.