Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,759 members, 7,840,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device (4067 Views)

Weirdest Thing You Have Caught Your Friend Doing With Your Phone? / Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name / How To Fix “no Permission To Delete File” On Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Sainthia: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Sainthia:
I've learnt not to save contacts on phone alone but also on Google
I learnt this the hard way sha
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Jacku: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Very great read Op. Thanks for sharing
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Jacku: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
Sainthia:
I learnt this the hard way sha
eya. Sorry. It's always good for one to have backup of contacts though.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Kunja2: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Very nice post. But why are people complaining about rooting there device? They can go ahead an do it if they wish
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by andelawhite: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am guity of most of the underlist "don'ts" Thank you OP for this
Blastedholligan:
In our day to day activities, we end up doing a whole lot of things with our phones we ought not to be doing, which leads to frustrations.

Below is a list of things we shouldn't be doing with our phones:

1. Don’t constantly swipe away recent apps, you end up losing much power to reopen them.

2. Don’t save your contacts to only your phone. Consider saving your contacts on your SIM card or your Google account to serve as a backup

3. Don’t leave your phone unsecured. Leaving your device unlocked would leave your privacy in the hands with anyone that gets in contact with your phone

4. Simply don’t root your device

5. Don’t use task killers or battery boosting apps. Current android versions are able to manage its resources on its own

6. Don’t download apps without researching or from unknown sources. Blindly installing apps may come with its own effects

7. Don't make calls or play games with your phone whiles it's plugged in

8. Don't use unoriginal charges or accessories. These may end up doing more harm than good

9. Don't ignore app permissions. Get to know what permissions you are granting, so these apps don't secretly monitor or use your data for unscrupulous activities

10. Don't ignore system or security updates. These bring you security and improve your device as a whole

11. Consider restarting your phone periodically. Never restarting your device would build up cache and temporary data which is stored on your phone and that leads to full storage and poor performance. Restarting your device at least two times a month is advisable

12. Don't leave apps like Facebook continuously running in the background or open a lot of tabs on Google Chrome. You would end up losing more data, battery, and RAM

13. Don't use your phone in the scorching sun. You would end up overheating your device

14. Don't leave your phone plugged in to continuously charge for hours

15. Don't use more than one antivirus app on your device, they would end up slowing your device, use more RAM and battery

16. Don't put your smartphone in your chest or back pocket, you might end up sitting on it or bend down for it to fall

17. Don't use an earpiece or a headset while charging your phone

18. Don't sleep on your smartphone, especially under your pillow, or putting it nearby your head while asleep

19. Don't use the ports of your phone with wet hands or in a wet environment

20. Don't charge your phone under your pillow or on your bed or on an uneven surface or put your phone on the bare floor

21. Don't exert pressure on your phone

22. Don't repair your phone with a roadside engineer or technician. They might not know what they are doing and end up damaging your device

23. Not clearing the cache and data of your device. Periodically, this should be done

24. Not using a screen protector or a back cover case. These end up giving your phone a layer of protection

25. Putting your phone face down or screen down would not be advised. You might end up damaging your screen

NOTE: If I missed anything, feel free to add up in the comment section.

Source: https://spot.tecno.com/global/post-details/index.html?id=103274

Honsule
Dragnet
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Corroro: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
nice write up, this is very educative, surely that tecnospot forum is quite informative
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Corroro: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
Collinz2:
Nonsense, half of what u wrote is trash. Dont root your phone, why? Dont use more than one anti virus app, what tha Bleep that shit doesnt work.
rooting your phone is not advisable considering you will be having issues carryout out certain updates
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Mohbola(f): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nice one
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Corroro:
rooting your phone is not advisable considering you will be having issues carryout out certain updates
what part of of custom rom updates, unroot and update or systemless root you guys dont understand.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Corroro: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Collinz2:
what part of of custom rom updates, unroot and update or systemless root you guys dont understand.
what part of "certain updates" don't you understand
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Collinz2(m): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Corroro:
what part of "certain updates" don't you understand
U mumu oh. If only you know the power of root access. If it is bad linux wouldnt have it.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by scarycuteface(m): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Well detailed
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by walesho(m): 4:31am On Aug 18, 2020
Collinz2:
U mumu oh. If only you know the power of root access. If it is bad linux wouldnt have it.

How old are you? Can't you communicate with someone or argue without insult?
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by saxby(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
This is quite informative, thanks for this.
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Blastedholligan: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
andelawhite:
I am guity of most of the underlist "don'ts" Thank you OP for this
you're welcome
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lmaoo
I restart my phone multiple times every single day
I just love watching it boot up when I'm bored
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by tafat: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
nice read, this was very educative
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by tafat: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
lol, you like wahala o, just like that?
Darkhyve:
Lmaoo
I restart my phone multiple times every single day
I just love watching it boot up when I'm bored
Re: 25 Things You Shouldn't Be Doing With Your Android Device by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
tafat:
lol, you like wahala o, just like that?

Lmaoo cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use Operamini For Instagram To Save Data / Huawei Vs Xiaomi / Tecno P9!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.