Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Don't Quit Your Business Because Of Covid-19 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Don't Quit Your Business Because Of Covid-19 (125 Views)

Get My Fiverr Training And Quit Your Job Guaranteed / How To Quit Your Job Properly And Focus On Your Business / These Simple Tips Will Help You To Quit Your Day Job In The Long Run. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Quit Your Business Because Of Covid-19 by KingsNdimele: 3:59am On Aug 13, 2020
Many businesses have folded up in the last few months. I mean, big and small businesses. Covid-19 is real but more real is the impact of this global pandemic on several businesses. We never planned that it will last this long, and we still cannot predict when normalcy will be fully restored. This may seem like a justification for giving up on your business, but it's really not. There is still one strategy that you may not have considered. Let me show you.

In Obafemi Awolowo University, rather than becoming a dropout due to poor academic performance, you have an alternative of changing your course of study. We call it "crossover." This strategy has been a saving grace for many students, especially for the medical and pharmacy students.

Dear, I know that you have tried your best in saving your business from failing but I need to remind you that in business, unexpected weather change calls for change in direction and strategy. Why should you quit your business, when you can crossover?

Don't give up. Change lane! Real entrepreneurs don't back out, they rather change lane when there is a 'hold up'. If you are traveling the entrepreneurial journey, understand that there is no harm in changing your products and services, especially when market conditions change unexpectedly. Gokada moved from bike-hailing service to logistics and delivery when the Lagos state policy hit them suddenly. Nokia was initially into paper production. Colgate used to sell starch, soap and candles but now they sell oral hygiene products.

Do you know that even Dangote stopped producing noodles? He sold the production lines to his competitors - Dufil Prima Ltd (producers of Indomie noodles). Dangote intends to focus on flour milling and pasta production where it has a competitive advantage. Dufil controls a large proportion of the noodles market with its popular Indomie brand, and the move will increase its market share.

My dear, those who change lane have a higher chance of success than those who quit. Before you quit your business, go to the ant, consider its ways and be inspired. If you put your finger in an ant’s path, it just walks around it and ‘soldiers' on to where it is heading. It won’t let your finger hinder its walk. Put another obstacle in its way and it still ‘soldiers’ on to its destination. Whether it takes a route around or over that obstacle, it just keeps changing lane and crossing over. Dear, nobody celebrates an abandoned project. The world only celebrates finishers.

Join me THIS SUNDAY in SATURN MASTERCLASS. Let's discuss how to build a profitable and sustainable business. Participation is � free. Click here to register /saturnmasterclass

© Kingsley Ndimele
#buildinglivesandbusinesses

(1) (Reply)

3 Benefits Of Virtual Real Estate, The New Normal / Office.com/setup / Trade With Bx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.