Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC (23985 Views)

Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor / Buhari suspends Babalakin as UNILAG Pro-Chancellor, sacks Acting VC / UNILAG: I Have Resumed As Acting VC — Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by oshozondii: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2020
The Governing Council of the University of Lagos on Thursday appointed Prof. Theophilus Omololu Soyombo as the Acting Vice Chancellor of the institution.

A statement by the Registrar/ Secretary to .the Council, Oladejo Azeez, said the Council made the appointment at a meeting held in the early hours of Thursday in Abuja.

The statement urged the public to disregard the claim by Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe that he remains the substantive Vice Chancellor of UNILAG.

Recall that the Council, headed by Dr Wale Babalakin, SAN, had on Wednesday removed Ogundipe as the VC of the school.

The development was the culmination of the faceoff between Babalakin and Ogundipe which led to the school’s chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, declaring Babalakin an unwanted visitor to the university.

The development prevented the Council from sitting on campus and had to shift its sitting to Abuja.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/breaking-soyombo-appointed-unilags-acting-vc/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by soleexx(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
I believe he will try his best!

Pls beg buhari to support Lebanon with some funds..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Slawormir: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The governing council of every university get the right to remove the vice chancellor

But i wonder why university of Benin governing council come dey tolerate Faraday even when them know say him dey mumu for office...
He clear now say this life nor really balance
Imagine Faraday of Uniben survive but this unilag VC has been shown the heave ho

emkz:

Professor Faraday's tenure expired earlier this year. Professor (Mrs) Salami is UniBen VC.
Am aware son....I dey talk about when he was the VC..that guy useless..them supposed remove am shaperly that time

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by 8686(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Wawu
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by konkonbilo(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
sad
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by WandaMaximoff: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
While the sacked one is still insisting he's still VC.

Why are we shameless when it comes to power hoarding?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by gambia(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Its none of my business.
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by money121(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Ok
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Lankybaby(f): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Nawa o
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by SAMBARRY: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Smh
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by shizzy7(f): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
That fast.
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by NettyNelly(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Even the power tussle in University alone can be so barbaric. Unilag will be internally on fire right now.

Improve your brand, get the best branding. Check my portfolio (link in my signature)

4 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by aybabz101: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2020
These thugs are just disguised academics. They are not different from street urchins and crooks.

The fact that these removal and installation meetings took place in Abuja speaks volume. I don't know about Unilag but from all indication and facts, the dismissed VC was just a victim. Maybe he has decamped from APC coz that is how this government roll now......

A big shame on the governing council of Unilag.

Come to think of it, how many people this government don sack after the damming revelation of the corrupt atrocities that took place in NDDC?...

5 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Lol. Former VC what’s your take on this?
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Racoon(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Meanwhile, the disposed VC was grandstanding yesterday as if he was not aware of the reason for his removal.Guess the ICPC, EFCC have commence investigation?

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Sharp Sharp.

UNILAG : The University of First Choice.

Argue with your alma mater tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Dayoebe(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
No wasting of time!
Only if national assembly can make this kind of decision.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by TreasureTayo(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
okay
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Digitalstarlite: 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
Y Nairaland and dere useless mods dey decieve us since yesterday
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by TreasureTayo(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The governing council of every university get the right to remove the vice chancellor
my real nigaaaarrrr
you didn't reply whatsapp
I am a real nigaarrr
What is going on?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Sambjnewspaper(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
No time.
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
We dey watch
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
Nice one unilag...

If I will do masters oo, unilag straight

TreasureTayo:

my real nigaaaarrrr
you didn't reply whatsapp
I am a real nigaarrr
What is going on?

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

But i wonder why university of Benin governing council come dey tolerate Faraday even when them know say him dey mumu for office

See two nigaarrr

I am the nigarraw

2 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Royalfurnitures: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
I don't see his appointment ending the crises generated by the sack of the former VC soon

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by Seersam(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
But the other dude is insisting that he is still the VC, nawa for educational system in this country
Re: University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC by omoadeleye(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
soleexx:
I believe he will try his best!

Pls beg buhari to support Lebanon with some funds..
I can't laugh...
But the man says he's still the VC?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools / ASUU Strike: Motorists Stranded As Students Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.