Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School (23974 Views)

Chinenye Gloria Enukorah Is UNIZIK Nursin Best Graduating Student With 4.74 CGPA / Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Mztarstrechy(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
A 74yr old woman has started school for the first time in Zambia.She was married off at 14.Below is what
Hon Buumba Malambo who shared the news wrote...
'A DREAM COME TRUE!
Congratulations grandmother Maria
Just sharing some good news.Our oldest student on our new project Azimai Apunzile sponsorship project, grandmother Maria has just learned how to write her name at age 74.
When she finally learned how to hold a pencil I shed tears of joy she was married off at 14 years and she has never been in school.her only wish when she started the night school was to learn how to write her name before she dies and her wish has been granted through this project'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/04/74yr-old-lady-starts-school-for-first.html?m=1

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
I'm speechless! shocked shocked

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by misreal(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Buhari should learn from this.... angry

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Paradigm777: 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
misreal:
Seconded!!!

But he should do that from Daura.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by sirusX(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
Paradigm777:

Seconded!!!

But he should do that from Daura.
Thirded!!

and get certificates that Nigerians can testify to

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by duxley: 8:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Successvibes11:
I'm speechless! shocked shocked

You gat mail. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by thundafire: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
Buhari

1 Like

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by freeze001(f): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bubu needs to see this and know it's not a shame to get an honest, verifiable education.

16 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by thesicilian: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
misreal:
Only the ignorant believe that Buhari is not educated.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Itzsamuraeh(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by NwaAmaikpe: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
shocked

I hope she won't accuse her teacher of 'sex-for-grade' when she fails?
Because this woman is incapable of passing even a single subject.

But this is disgraceful.
If my grandmother belittled herself like this I will first slap her before disowning her.
What does she even need the education for?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by slawomir: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
misreal:
must you always talk about your president in such a manner
some of you guys think it is easy to be a leader

most people who criticize leaders can't even breathe if they are saddled or assainged with the position of leader be it the head of their family, group leader, religious leader or even common to head a gathering of five people. you will see them fidgeting.

but they will be quick to lambaste our political leaders

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by uchman48(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
Reminds me of my grandmum, what a nice request, this woman knows the real value of Education. Mama i respect you abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Follygunners: 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
God bless her heart!

1 Like

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by hadjipapiey(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
No be small matter undecided
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by sapeleboi(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by faithfull18(f): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hmmm. Visit my profile...
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by AyoolaIgwe(m): 9:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
thesicilian:
Only the ignorant believe that Buhari is not educated.
why you dull like this na?

10 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by younglleo: 9:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
Like for testimony Share for stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Paperwhite(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
A hearty kiss for you granny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by amblacq: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
I don't even know what to say ���
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Iscoalarcon: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bullshit
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Katier00(f): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
AyoolaIgwe:

why you dull like this na?
with fish brain

5 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by uchman48(m): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
sirusX:

Thirded!!

i support oooooo, but is there a good school in DUARA, i think we should look for a good private school in kastina for him, abi what do you think.

2 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by AyoolaIgwe(m): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
sirusX:

Thirded!!

Fourthed! and make sure he uses after May 2019 to enroll for intensive tutorial classes in preparation for his exams. Our prayers will reach him in Daura.

5 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by BankeSmalls(f): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by pawesome(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
Buhari.....there is ur mate....
Humble yourself n go bk to sch

2 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by ozoono(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
sirusX:

Thirded!!

if its not the same JAMB boss that said snake swallowed money from her house. bubu nor mind dem jor u get companions, most in Senate and house of rep
Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by walearoy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
sirusX:

Thirded!!

Fourthed and let the younger generation have an opportunity in politics

1 Like

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by pawesome(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
AyoolaIgwe:

Fourthed! and make sure he uses after May 2019 to enroll for intensive tutorial classes in preparation for his exams. Our prayers will reach him in Daura.
fifthed.....is Neva late

2 Likes

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Profkomolafe(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I hope she won't accuse her teacher of 'sex-for-grade' when she fails?

But this is disgraceful.
If my grandmother belittled herself like this I will disown her.
What does she even need the education for?
werey Re ooo

1 Like

Re: Zambian 74-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Been To School Starts Primary School by Mohdhk(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
smiley grin No food of lazy woman.... She try

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? / ASUU Strike: Motorists Stranded As Students Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway / School Gives Goat As Prize For First Position In A Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.