Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (7992 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? / Be A Nationwide Distributor of RUZU BITTERS today With A Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
If you say you are protesting that the Government should repair the roads, fix our light, provide pipe borne water and eliminate corruption, I would be at the forefront.
But can someone here tell me how a Government would provide good jobs (not lastma and road sweeper jobs) for everyone?
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
[size=18pt]YES I WILL, Also the cost of governance in this country should also be part of the reason for the protest just like it is happening right now in greece.Abeg let's fix a date and protest to the national assembly/aso rock...btw am very serious and I wish it really happens[/size]
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest: If you say you are protesting that[b] the Government should repair the roads, fix our light, provide pipe borne water and eliminate corruption[/b], I would be at the forefront.
But can someone here tell me how a Government would provide good jobs (not lastma and road sweeper jobs) for everyone?

Those things you listed are intertwined with job creation...

Government is responsile for creating job policies and providing the environment for investments(for job creation)... No matter how you look at it, it's still the responsibility of the government...
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by elari(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
I beta use that time to think of how to get a job or create employment for the unemployed. Yes! I know what u are thinking. But remember many people don't have god-fathers, yet they get jobs through hardwork and determination.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Venchy: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
shymexx:

Lead yourselves in a country where you've got a government, whose responsibility is to create jobs, and use the commonwealth of the country for the citizens, no This mentality is the sole reason why the country is close to abyss - and why the elected officials are so utterly corrupt....

Nigerians are cowards, period - and you proved me right... If you can't fight for your rights, you deserve the corrupt elites ruling you... undecided

Good talk my bros , whenever you are trying to wake people up from their hardcore sleep that's when some will increase their gear.

It's the responsibility of the government of every country to create or engage their citizens any form jobs or grant them a loan to start their own business but they'll rather lend their associate.

Education has gone down the drain and jobs are hard to come by because of the level of quality that's been produce.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by megareal: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
I wouldn't. Joining such protest without knowing the real agenda of the organisers may prove futile. Next you know, they may be invited to Aso rock villa for a close door dialogue session, then a few Ghana-must-go will change hands and the protest will fizzle out. Lack of focus and clear cut goals, greed and self aggrandizement will always remain the bane of collective achievement in this country.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
amor4ce: @poster, first heal thyself. Nigerians who have had the capacity (finance, intellect, drive) but choose not to use such to create jobs should be looked at. They would include the employed and unemployed, the rich and poor, leaders and followers, etc. My take is that we protest against our individual selves first and take responsibility for our actions. This is not to say that there are those who have not been genuinely frustrated in their entrepreneurship endeavours. However, those who do the frustrating are part and parcel of our society.

Why not a protest against those employed cowards who are too scared or lazy to become entrepreneurs and create jobs but prefer the false security of their salaries?
i don't get why you'll protest because individuals decided not to create jobs. Why not protest concerning those that will die tying to get a job instead of starting something little. I jes pray boko harams are around to grace that day! Arrant nonsense. Be sellin recharge cards but nobody will want to because as a graduate, e no befit them!

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest: I passed out from NYSC just this June, I have never written a CV but as at the last time I paid salaries (26th september) there where 7 people on my payroll.
I only started business last february with 6000 naira while waiting to start my nysc. There is no point insulting people who are providing a way out.
As far as expatriates are coming into this country in their thousands everyday, there is money to be made.

Protesting over not being employed is simply looking for who to blame for a problem you can solve yourself.

Anyone who feels I should agree with the thread can insult me but I just had to speak out.

Pls bro wat buisness are u into
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
shymexx:

Those things you listed are intertwined with job creation...

Government is responsile for creating job policies and providing the environment for investments(for job creation)... No matter how you look at it, it's still the responsibility of the government...

Yes its exactly my point, the people are going like everyone should just carry placards and go to Government house to ask for jobs, If I judge right the end of that protest would be the governor/whoever calling the leaders of the protest aside to "settle" them.
But if we identify these root causes and make a concerted plan to force the government to make it a reality, unemployment would be DRASTICALLY reduced,
Becaause of our power issue industries like Dunlop, Textile mills and co where all shut down and relocated, I doing business know how much I spend every single day on generators,

Let's force them to fix light (for industries), fix the roads (for transporters and to ease logistics), eliminate corruption (to provide a level playing ground) and provide potable water (to save us the cost of digging bore holes) and let's see how much more the nation would prosper!

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
dvdon:

Pls bro wat buisness are u into

I started with Web Development, before adding Bulk SMS, then started shawarma joints (I've 3 right now) last december.
All the businesses are still active and thriving.
And the people I hired are to let me focus on marketing and managing the business while they do the web design, making of shawarma, customercare, etc.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
yes for sure, Nigeria is a failed state, anything that will make it work is my future
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Police go soooo forget bullet for ur body if you join any protest...Adon talk my own...
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
shymexx:

Lead yourselves in a country where you've got a government, whose responsibility is to create jobs, and use the commonwealth of the country for the citizens, no This mentality is the sole reason why the country is close to abyss - and why the elected officials are so utterly corrupt....

Nigerians are cowards, period - and you proved me right... If you can't fight for your rights, you deserve the corrupt elites ruling you... undecided
Yu agitate for a protest ryt?? We al knw dat in d aftermath of protests, d Country tends to be thrown deep into crisis with vices goin extreme. Take a look at Egypt, Libya, Syria where d ppl protested for a change, d Countries nw are in complete mess and total chaos. Ppl shud tink before dey act and not jus jump into makin decisions which we wuld reject in future. Anyway, wat do yu care, yur in Uk not in Naija
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Truman155(m): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
amor4ce: @poster, first heal thyself. Nigerians who have had the capacity (finance, intellect, drive) but choose not to use such to create jobs should be looked at. They would include the employed and unemployed, the rich and poor, leaders and followers, etc. My take is that we protest against our individual selves first and take responsibility for our actions. This is not to say that there are those who have not been genuinely frustrated in their entrepreneurship endeavours. However, those who do the frustrating are part and parcel of our society.

Why not a protest against those employed cowards who are too scared or lazy to become entrepreneurs and create jobs but prefer the false security of their salaries?
must u coment ?? U are either §tupid or an ¡D¡ot............. Do u think anybody want to be unemployed ? Or do u think if i get loan now i cant open a business ? Governent is to be blamed because they dont encorage sectors that employ maney people such as manufacturing.,........ Just go and study the chinese model of growth then u wil understand me and blame GEJ AND HIS PEOPLE(GOVERNMENT)
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
megareal: I wouldn't. Joining such protest without knowing the real agenda of the organisers may prove futile. Next you know, they may be invited to Aso rock villa for a close door dialogue session, then a few Ghana-must-go will change hands and the protest will fizzle out. Lack of focus and clear cut goals, greed and self aggrandisement will always remain the bane of collective achievement in this country.

Simple! I've experienced this first-hand so many times
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Faheedat: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
How prepared are you?
Are you read to surrender your life for this Country where nothing works
Who are the people behind it?
Our so call leaders are not okay?
Even where is the jobs and even where jobs available, Can average Nigerian survive with N18,000 minimum wage?
Shine your eyes
This Life is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by collins123(m): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
Nigerians are cowards.

Most nairalanders are fakes (about 90 percent) They come here and whine like idiots about GEJ and the bad situation in nigeria. They forget that their future is in their hands. Show me 100 people who will protest PHYSICAlLY against subsidy....all I see is these e wars and e protests. Big gramma and complicated calculuses.

Na dem go know how much senator earns and they will still shout 'chineke mee'

Foolish retarded bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Toktee(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
Bennycom: What a worthless thought! It appears you really don't have anything to offer your generation or possibly you have not discover yourself.  Hence your crave for a nationwide protest against unemployment. Bros, Nigeria environment is friendly enough to make you great. You don't have to beg everybody: Govt, individual, company etc b4 you can achieve greatness. GREATNESS IS IN YOU NOT YOUR COUNTRY. Change your thought to change your life.
Look like your uncle or your sister is a director or a counsellor somewhere,those that benfit from government can never see anything wrong with it,i advice you to go back to bed you just woke up where you been sleeping for centuries,co.ward
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
To what end will the protest be effective?

Do you think that a protest will make Nigerian leaders change their ways? Protest my azz. What Nigeria needs is a revolution.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Toktee(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
Faheedat: How prepared are you?
Are you read to surrender your life for this Country where nothing works
Who are the people behind it?
Our so call leaders are not okay?
Even where is the jobs and even where jobs available, Can average Nigerian survive with N18,000 minimum wage?
Shine your eyes
This Life is beautiful
Coward,are you from the west?
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest:

I started with Web Development, before adding Bulk SMS wholesaling, then started shawarma joints (I've 3 right now) last december.
All the businesses are still active and thriving.
And the people I hired are to let me focus on marketing and managing the business while they do the web design, making of shawarma, customercare, etc.

U started all these with 6k ?
Who do u really think u are deceiving ?
Setting up a Shawarma joint alone (the lowest standard )cost no less than 150k.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Rooneyboy:

750k I meant
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Toktee(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
pDude: To what end will the protest be effective?

Do you think that a protest will make Nigerian leaders change their ways? Protest my azz. What Nigeria needs is a revolution.
GBAM!
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
Truman155: must u coment ?? U are either §tupid or an ¡D¡ot............. Do u think anybody want to be unemployed ? Or do u think if i get loan now i cant open a business ? Governent is to be blamed because they dont encorage sectors that employ maney people such as manufacturing.,........ Just go and study the chinese model of growth then u wil understand me and blame GEJ AND HIS PEOPLE(GOVERNMENT)

Don't mind the d.o.n.k.e.y ,the way he's running the thing called a mouth is just so annoying.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
shymexx: To be honest, Nigerians are cowardly people, hence why the elites are so corrupt... Because they have no one to answer to... If the unemployment rate in the UK were as high as that of Nigeria, and there's no job seekers allowance - best believe the UK would be burning right now.... The same goes for all Western countries...

However, Nigerians are so used to failure, that most Nigerians have become failures... It's your right and if your government can't provide jobs, there's no point having a government... It's better to have anarchy than a useless, and utterly corrupt government...
When you discuss issues do kindly put context into issues. IF IF IF iF IF IF it gets boring undecided

@OP
Sorry but no can do.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Darius2000: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
shymexx: To be honest, Nigerians are cowardly people, hence why the elites are so corrupt... Because they have no one to answer to... If the unemployment rate in the UK were as high as that of Nigeria, and there's no job seekers allowance - best believe the UK would be burning right now.... The same goes for all Western countries...

However, Nigerians are so used to failure, that most Nigerians have become failures... It's your right and if your government can't provide jobs, there's no point having a government... It's better to have anarchy than a useless, and utterly corrupt government...
Fellow Nigerian, thanks for that apt statement. For the singular fact that we want to get good governance on a platter of gold, means we dont deserve gold or good governance. Nigerians are probably the most self-preserving and timid people you ever will find on earth, and that explains the reason we're so unnecessarily religious. It will amount to folly for anyone to expect God to judge our 1 percent corrupt rulers, and absolve the 99 percent docile masses, who did absolutely nothing when their commonwealth was being pillaged and looted by their rulers. No government will be responsible if it knew it will never be questioned for its irresponsibility. There are many ills we can address with a few days of nonviolent protest, but alas! thes are nigerians who expect a celestial body to come down and address their myriads of problems. I am waiting when there will be nationwide protests against corruption. We will never get good governance without some sorts of sacrifice and discomfort.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by misreal(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
ENZO SCIFO:

I appreciate your advocacy fr entrepeneuship, however I strongly suspect that you belong to the follow, follow bandwagon group ( in otherwords you don't know what you're talking about)
See the bold ed part of your statement ; now lets assume we do as you have suggested and all those lazy and scared (using Ur words) do what you prescribed and decided to become entrepreneurs the so called job they will create who will take up those jobs since working for an organisation does not make sense to you, and what will happen to the economy if about 75% of the present wokforce quit and decide to start their own business.
Think bro , think b4 you miss it completely
it will be de best tin dat will eva happen to naija
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Can you read? Don't you see a progression there? 1 first, added next, etc? I started with 6000 as I said before, reinvested into other businesses and all of them are still running profitably, if I may ask, what would I gain from deceiving you?
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Godmann(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest: If you say you are protesting that the Government should repair the roads, fix our light, provide pipe borne water and eliminate corruption, I would be at the forefront.

[b][size=14pt]I take it upon myself to tell you how the government have killed all our jobs.

I grew up at Enugu and by that time, there was Coal Corporation, railway, NigerCem, Turners, Niger gas and Niger Steel among others; employing my dad and his mates. There were lots of other companies then, the Banks and the normal every day government jobs inclusive. What do we have today? Nothing. All those companies died as a result of corruption.

Who is responsible for fighting corruption? I hope you will not say it is all of us. The fact is that we are all corrupt because our government have refused to prosecute and punish the corrupt. The blame for corruption should be placed squarely at the doors of our politicians. All men try to cut corners. (I talk with real life experience from Europe). The only difference is that when we know we will be punished if caught, we sit up. Nigerians are corrupt because our government protects the corrupt.

Secondly, the same corruption and irresponsibilities ensure that companies do not survive past their leaders in Nigeria. Name how many countries that survived past its owner in Nigeria. Even brothers cannot run a common company inherited from their parent together because everybody wants to cheat in a country where laws are in-existence. When Companies and businesses cannot exits, jobs will not be available. Mark you we are like this because our laws are not being enforced, and not because we are blacks as teh lazy would prefer to accept.

Thirdly, are we not aware that over 70% of the money in this country passes through our government? How does the government disburse this fund? Who funded the discovery of the major inventions in our world? The internet, computers, etc. Was it not US and European government? Which Investor has our government supported by funding? Nobody. our government only disburses its money to criminals and the money ends up in European and American banks. The serious, sincere and honest business are starved of fund. The intelligent guys are allowed to perish while we empower criminals. Tell me who among our leaders of today us not a Criminal? get it we are being ruled by Criminals. From IBB to Atiku, the assumed gentle Abdusalam, to Tinubu.

I am speaking as one who has tried to computerise a government parastatal in this country. At some stage, the head of the IT section converted our proposal to his personal company and wanted over 50% of the proceed without caring how the work will be executed. My partner even when he wanted to double cross me, does not know much about our proposal. At the end, I worked away and the business died. From this, you can imagine how our businesses and initiative are being killed by our government. My dream is to set up a software firm in this country. How far has I gone, very little.

Think about how many of our population are active economically. I mean how many can save enough income to purchase the goods and services we offer to them as business men. very little. because our money is in very few hands (politicians), the size of our economy is minimal.

It can be easy to say become an entrepreneur, but we forget that you must deal with the society in your business. You need infrastructure from the government. You need banking from an institution built by government. You need to be able to recover your credits using laws made and enforced by the government. Ask the people in the field of business and see how our we cannot grant credit to people because our laws and its enforcement agencies could not ensure that debtors pay.

Are you aware of the volume of business and the resultant jobs we lack because our we lack credit culture owing the aforesaid inactive of our government? Economist will tell you that credit create money. This money would have created more business and more jobs.

Fourthly, why don't we have reasonable partnership businesses in our land? because our laws cannot protect investors. I have tried it and can talk from experience. The way you cannot recover your debts in this country is the way your partners can easily dupe you without recourse to law. You find out we cannot therefore join our little resources to be able to build big businesses. We loose the benefit of Volume. Take note that most businesses in teh world are driven by people coming together to pool resources for a common course. our government and the way they run our land has denied us this chance.

By the time you add up the businesses we have lost as a result of the above from our government, you will come to full realization that we lack jobs because our government officials are CRIMINALS.

If you dare add the ones we lost because they failed to put into practice, a well articulated local content policy, a job creation driven export and import policy; you will have to option but to pick up guns and kill every person that is behind these woes of ours.

How I wish Time will allow me document more of these.

In the END, Even when I have personally worked for over 10 companies since leaving University by 1999, I wish I can join the unemployed to enter the Streets and kill these criminals. We should wake up and make this country ungovernable to criminals called leaders[/size][/b]
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by superdude007(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
I am in for d protest! Please let' discuss further on how to execute it. But, it must be a peaceful demonstration for change. Hummn ds tmy of Independence is the best period. Forget those cowed folks, for they are satisfy with hw things are going since dy hv means of livelihood n godfather..
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Godmann(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
YES. I will and I am Ready Because the is the only way we can change our country for good
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by abeldav(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
Dear reader, are you tired of working hard and earning very little in returns? How would you feel if your profit equals your investment or capital? So why struggle to make that little profit when you can easily double your capital in a jiffy!!! Find out more on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1058081/hot-product-usa-just-arrived

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Genuine? / Zenith Vs Access Bank / Vacancy @ Fina Trust Microfinance Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.