Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period (1903 Views)

Tax Removal: Agents Project 15% Rise In Car Import / 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Seven Most Common And Most Expensive Mistakes By Drivers In Car Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by Dangrace01: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Who else has noticed the unbelievable increase in car sales this Corona era I was thinking the car sales would reduce drastically but it's the opposite.

I asked some car dealers the cause of this many said it's courtesy of Yahoo boys. What's your take on this

Cc: lala
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dangrace01:
Who else has noticed the unbelievable increase in car sales this Corona era I was thinking the car sales would reduce drastically but it's the opposite.

I asked some car dealers the cause of this many said it's courtesy of Yahoo boys. What's your take on this

Cc: lala

Those dealers are drunk and don't understand the present economy.............

What use is a vehicle, if the owner cannot maintain it & is hungry..............

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by uboma(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Those dealers are drunk and don't understand the present economy.............

What use is a vehicle, if the owner cannot maintain it & is hungry..............

You are right.

There are lots of distressed sales going on since the covid-19 pandemic started. Cars and properties are being sold off at giveaway prices.
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by promotervickky(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
These are the answers

I asked some car dealers the cause of this many said it's courtesy of Yahoo boys. What's your take on this? (yahoo boys cashed out during this coronavirus from clients they told lies about being trapped in a country or fallen sick of the virus grin)

There are lots of distressed sales going on since the covid-19 pandemic started. Cars and properties are being sold off at giveaway prices to offset bills.

People are buying cars because they want to keep themselves safe from the Virus.

Add anything am missing out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by TPound(m): 4:53am On Aug 14, 2020
promotervickky:
These are the answers

I asked some car dealers the cause of this many said it's courtesy of Yahoo boys. What's your take on this? (yahoo boys cashed out during this coronavirus from clients they told lies about being trapped in a country or fallen sick of the virus grin)

There are lots of distressed sales going on since the covid-19 pandemic started. Cars and properties are being sold off at giveaway prices to offset bills.

People are buying cars because they want to keep themselves safe from the Virus.

Add anything am missing out.

You missed out the most important part. Dollar rise...

You see, those who wants to upgrade their cars will have to sell higher so as to be able to balance up with the one they want to add to get a new one.
Same with car dealers who will want to import new cars after depleting their old stock. If they sell at old price,with what dollar is screaming now,they will add their own savings just to import another stock.
Hence the rise in car prices

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by TPound(m): 4:58am On Aug 14, 2020
In a nutshell

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by Dangrace01: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Nice
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by baconline(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
U are right,I sold more cars this period than the whole of last year

1 Like

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by AshipaEk0: 3:05am On Aug 15, 2020
BCD and their very funny sales promotion tactics.
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by legionISproteus: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2020
TPound:
In a nutshell

Nah, the best time to buy a car is when you have the money. No need for panic buying

A car is a depreciating asset, the price would always come down.

5 Likes

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by TPound(m): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2020
legionISproteus:

Nah, the best time to buy a car is when you have the money. No need for panic buying

A car is a depreciating asset, the price would always come down.

You think??

Nigeria is the only country I know where cars appreciate like lands...it is sold according to the fluctuation of the economy.

I know of someone who bought a car in 2016 @700k and sold it @1.1m last month... I'm talking about a big daddy.

4 Likes

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by legionISproteus: 8:08am On Aug 16, 2020
TPound:

You think??

Nigeria is the only country I know where cars appreciate like lands...it is sold according to the fluctuation of the economy.

I know of someone who bought a car in 2016 @700k and sold it @1.1m last month... I'm talking about a big daddy.
The buyer of that car no get sense

6 Likes

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by TPound(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2020
legionISproteus:

How? Did the seller tell the buyer the amount he bought it then?

He simply bought a commodity that is with a price known for it now, no one will say because the car is old,he won't buy it...
In as much as the car is clean he will buy it
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by asamwababy: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2020
legionISproteus:

Do you go about asking sellers how much they bought their cars to enable you determine how much you want to pay?

1 Like

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
TPound:

How? Did the seller tell the buyer the amount he bought it then?

He simply bought a commodity that is with a price known for it now, no one will say because the car is old,he won't buy it...
In as much as the car is clean he will buy it

In a way he's right. Why will you pay 1.1m for a Nigerian used vehicle when you can add 300-400k and buy a solid Toks in a much better condition.

If I ever have to buy a Nigerian used vehicle, the price difference from a toks unit must be very significant.

1 Like

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by TPound(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
rationalmind:

In a way he's right. Why will you pay 1.1m for a Nigerian used vehicle when you can add 300-400k and buy a solid Toks in a much better condition.

If I ever have to buy have to buy a Nigerian used vehicle, the price difference from a toks unit must be very significant.

The price margin between a Toks car and a Naija used car used to be wide,but the desperation of some buyers also play a significant role,coupled with the fact that certain brand of cars will always be on high demand,if you're looking for such brand, my broda,you're sitting on a long thing...
A big daddy Toks is around 1.5-1.6m so if you think you can get a Naija used big daddy for 600k or less, think again.

800k sef na war...
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by 9icetoo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
rationalmind:

If I ever have to buy have to buy a Nigerian used vehicle, the price difference from a toks unit must be very significant.
You see that 300-400k eh, it is beyond the reach of some people. That 1.1m may even be all the person has home and abroad.
Sometimes the search is frustrating and the buyer buys whatever is around and within reason.
Mind you, some Nigerian used cars are better than toks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by legionISproteus: 3:18am On Aug 18, 2020
asamwababy:

Do you go about asking sellers how much they bought their cars to enable you determine how much you want to pay?
No, but I won't spend that much for and old Nigerian used car.
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by Darkerberry: 1:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
The answer is equal to Benefits.
If u know..
Re: The Increase In Car Sales This Corona Virus Period by dfos2k(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please read this before you buy your next car. Just 1k. Call 08099192536. (07037532769 WhatsApp)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Feedback On Ford Windstar 2001-2003 / I want to buy a sport car, any tips / Please What Is The Cost Of Peugeot 406 Engine EW 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.