Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products (20256 Views)

#JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products / Lagos Seals Big Boss Supermarket Over Sale Of Expired Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by bozz007(m): 5:52am On Aug 14, 2020
second time laziz oil will be the news for dodgy products. They should lock them up
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by 2cribz: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2020
I have eaten enuf expired food since i was born.God knows why we are black and stuck in nigeria.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by tsspsolutions: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2020
Yesterday was the first time I opened their website because I'm having a serious issue with some horrible Indians who don't want to give me a replacement battery after almost 3 weeks the battery has been certified dead by their technician.

After much pressure, they gave me a useless and old battery packaged as new, knowing the kind of horrible creatures that are, when acknowledging, I stated I'll still subject the battery to a personal test. The 'new' didn't even last up to the original battery I took for replacement.

I've given them up to the end of today to do the right thing or I'll approach this agency.
The moment I picked my phone this morning and opened nairaland, this is the first new I saw and it's a good omen.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by RichDad1(m): 6:44am On Aug 14, 2020
ursullalinda:
Why will someone repackage an expired product?.......that is wickedness........nobody wants to loose even at the detriment of other people's health.......[b]don't be surprised that this agency claiming to be working might have asked for settlement and was turned [/b]down......everybody is fighting for their pocket not for the masses.......May God help us.
For you to say this , you definitely don’t have any clue who Mr Babatunde Irueka, the CEO of FCCPC is.
Lots of misinformed people on this cyberspace. undecided undecided
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Heyzee5: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2020
Chai!......the wickedness in the heart of people in this country is second to none!! shocked sad
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Rossonero: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2020
post=92795913:
Serves them right.

No more shady practices on our nation.

A new and better Nigeria is all we want.
And i guess it is managed by the indians
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Lagos1991: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Yankee101:
That's why eating too much imported packaged food is leading to a rise in cancer cases in nigeria

Plus other unhealthy local practices like sniper in beans, using tyre to roast kpomo, using gutter water on vegetables, digging boreholes near toilets and soak away etc

The future is natural, homegrown and organic. In short eat the way village people eat, straight from farm, in a balanced diet, that's the healthiest

What does digging toilets near soak away do ?
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Dangrace01: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2020
Lagos1991:

In basic chemistry ababio do not site borehole near soak away
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by nedekid: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2020
In as much as selling expired stuff is condemable, and my son has once been poisoned by expired "lunchion meat" one has to look at the role of government in this.
Businesses take loans from the bank and imports products that have expiry dates. The goods get to the ports and there is conjestion. The ship is stuck for 1-2 months. When it baths finally, it takes for ever to clear the goods. Then you consider the covid 19 lock down of the ports and the attendant backlog of after reopening. Definitely the markets will be flooded with expired or close to expired goods! Now when these importers consider that there is no support for businesses from government (as done by other countries), the loss might be too much for them to bare. Ie defaulting bank loans, amcon comming after them etc. The pressure will be there to sell the expired product by all means.
See, Lagos says no bar should be opened, I have over 200 crates of drinks since lock down months ago in my bar. I am a good citizen and do not want to flout directives on lockdown, so I watch as all my stock gets expired without any government financial intervention to support my business. Other cannot afford the loss and will try to sell the expired drinks.
Note that I insist it is condamable to sell expired stuff and no excuss is accepted.

3 Likes

Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by zikter(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2020
emmabest2000:
Audio seal

When money ex-change hands now they will reopen the store and rewrite the date grin

God is our only hope �
At least give them kudos for taking the right actions. If not for anything, you now know the company and its product through this singular act. You can be careful while dealing with their products
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Openbusiness: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2020
Where are the pictures of the expired products na Mtchwwwwwww
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by themanderon: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2020
Whenever you see these Federal agencies working you know someone did not Roger well. I can't forget my experience with some of them.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by hush15: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/fccpcnigeria/status/1293978487406174213?s=19

Why not drop the items on low prices and sell it for consumption or donate it to charities that will consume immediately rather than watch it expire in your stores. Food is unnecessarily expensive. When people can't afford it, that's when you see it expired on shelves.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by ccollins(m): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2020
Hotfreezer:

An unknown nonentity claiming to snub a FG Commission. Wetin Obiano no go see for beer parlour. grin

There is NAFDAC and SON handling issues of quality and standards. If they have failed and this new Commission is trying to protect consumers, I think it is a laudable move.
respect him as he is a citizen of Nigeria, he is a human and wants a better quality products and standard of living. Are the masses not entitled to demand accountability and transparency from their government.who brings the government into power? Is it not the people of Nigeria. If he feels aggrieved, it does not make him a non entity but one who wants the government to improve certain standard practices to ensure quality of life. You do not look down on your people as savages or nothing. I blame the military for putting such condescending mentality into the mind of the average Nigerian that they are worth nothing compared to their government

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by bukatyne(f): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2020
Thank God for the Intel.

That's why I try to avoid all these funny brands and always check the expiry date and packages of products.

People would eat, be sick, recover/lose their lives and all the people involved in this would go to bed well at night.

God will continually be protecting us, Amen.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by oglalasioux(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2020
If this happened in Nigeria then the company didn't settle the agency officials.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by queenfav(f): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2020
bukatyne:
Thank God for the Intel.

That's why I try to avoid all these funny brands and always check the expiry date and packages of products.

People would eat, be sick, recover/lose their lives and all the people involved in this would go to bed well at night.

God will continually be protecting us, Amen.
Avoiding unknown brands is the best.I got their La Mayo Mayonnaise from Next in PH.Let's just say it was so bad tasting,like they added engine oil or sth.Now i am even wondering maybe it's expired.I had to throw it away.Since then,i stick to other trusted brands.

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Hotfreezer: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2020
ccollins:
respect him as he is a citizen of Nigeria, he is a human and wants a better quality products and standard of living. Are the masses not entitled to demand accountability and transparency from their government.who brings the government into power? Is it not the people of Nigeria. If he feels aggrieved, it does not make him a non entity but one who wants the government to improve certain standard practices to ensure quality of life. You do not look down on your people as savages or nothing. I blame the military for putting such condescending mentality into the mind of the average Nigerian that they are worth nothing compared to their government

There are several aspects of QC in that sector. SON and NAFDAC are also involved. It is foolishness to ascribe the failures of SON and NAFDAC to FCCPC.

You should learn to read, assimilate and understand before jumping to type offpoint. How does this thing you typed correlate with the matter at hand?
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Hotfreezer: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2020
ursullalinda:
Why will someone repackage an expired product?.......that is wickedness........nobody wants to loose even at the detriment of other people's health.......don't be surprised that this agency claiming to be working might have asked for settlement and was turned down......everybody is fighting for their pocket not for the masses.......May God help us.

Why don't you ask more questions before advertising your ignorance. You are condemning those fighting for you but you now want God to come down and help you?
You should wait for God to put food inside your mouth too.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2020
queenfav:
Avoiding unknown brands is the best.I got their La Mayo Mayonnaise from Next in PH.Let's just say it was so bad tasting,like they added engine oil or sth.Now i am even wondering maybe it's expired.I had to throw it away.Since then,i stick to other trusted brands.

Trusted brands often have a name to protect; they have passed the 'hustling' phase.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by queenfav(f): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2020
bukatyne:

Trusted brands often have a name to protect; they have passed the 'hustling' phase.
i swear
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by matasinc(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Business gone wrong. The person Wey drop the hint was not paid well by the company.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Comedian2019: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chibuzor! I don tell u to settle those bonboklat.
Now you go settle double.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Yankee101: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Digging boreholes near toilets/ soak away will draw water borne diseases like cholera, typhoid etc into your drinking water

Lagos1991:

Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Amorprincesa24: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
All these wicked Lebanese. Very terrible people.
Re: FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products by Amorprincesa24: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
They are Lebanese. Even Indians too are spoiling this nation Nigeria just because our economy is too porous and corrupt.
Rossonero:
And i guess it is managed by the indians

(1) (2) (Reply)

NCDC Confirms 21 Monkeypox Cases, One Death In Nigeria / 10 Things You Do That Damage Your Hair / Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.