Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. (8983 Views)

Are You Still Searching For A Job ? Well Search No More , See Why / Who Is Still Searching For Job? / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Richardlove(m): 4:47am On Aug 14, 2020
Greetings to all who will read, advise or read and proffer solution(s). I'm a graduate from a state universty in Nigeria. I have equally done the ccompulsory one-years service to father-land 6years ago. It happened that I was not opportuned to get any job in the area of my course specialization ( communication). Throughout this period of time the few jobs I got were in schools or security firms. I accepted to do these jobs not because I had interest in them but because I needed to survive.
Because I didn't like these jobs, coupled with the poor salary, I usually don't stay longer with those organisations. Now, I'm 38 and can't boast of mastering any job. Although, I stayed longer in the education sector and knew few skills in that area but, the poor pay and stress made me loss interest in teaching. Now, age is not on my side and I really need to get a meaningful source of income.
Honestly, I'm at a crossroad right now. I need a job that can put food on my table. Though I'm not married but I have parents who gave their very best to see me through school and siblings. I welcome help, counselling, suggestions, rebuke etc from as many who will open and read through this post. I can learn very fast in case you have a job for me, thanks.

17 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Temitopemo6e6(m): 4:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Hope on God and Have a connection story.

11 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by blackpanthar: 5:11am On Aug 14, 2020
Richardlove:
Greetings to all who will read, advise or read and proffer solution(s). I'm a graduate from a state universty in Nigeria. I have equally done the ccompulsory one-years service to father-land 6years ago. It happened that I was not opportuned to get any job in the area of my course specialization ( communication). Throughout this period of time the few jobs I got were in schools or security firms. I accepted to do these jobs not because I had interest in them but because I needed to survive.
Because I didn't like these jobs, coupled with the poor salary, I usually don't stay longer with those organisations. Now, I'm 38 and can't boast of mastering any job. Although, I stayed longer in the education sector and knew few skills in that area but, the poor pay and stress made me loss interest in teaching. Now, age is not on my side and I really need to get a meaningful source of income.
Honestly, I'm at a crossroad right now. I need a job that can put food on my table. Though I'm not married but I have parents who gave their very best to see me through school and siblings. I welcome help, counselling, suggestions, rebuke etc from as many who will open and read through this post. I can learn very fast in case you have a job for me, thanks.

Ha, kai, see what this country is doing to great industrious citizens.

Anyway , I feel your pain brother BUT I also would love to humbly suggest that you consider going into business.

See, working for someone does not pay o.
Importation business was booming last decade but now things have changed, there are other simple businesses you could do for yourself and at least you would make as little as 300-400k monthly.

GOD NO GO SHAME US

Another thing is pls BE INFORMED... you didn't need to suffer this long if you had proper information.

This year COVID-19 RELIEF FUND was disbursed and am a witness that MANY people cashed out as little as 100-450k and the registration info was posted here on nairaland since MARCH.... but many did not know and some took it to be scam. I know someone who did it with multiple accounts using different people and he cashed out in Millions.... see all am saying is RELEVANT INFORMATION EASES TENSION... you didn't need to suffer this long. You can get relevant information by making good business minded friends on NL whom you can get info from every time you log in, for me I have missimelda01 grin.

As at yesterday, BUHARI announced another opportunity like the earlier one I mentioned... its the 75 billion naira NYIF loan for YOUTHS... pls GOOGLE it and apply.

Also sir pls be very very veryyy prayerful... so that situations like this would not look like a curse.

Then INVEST... there is nothing as wise as investment now o.
I invest in these three areas and I suggest you do the same...

REAL ESTATE
TRANSPORTATION
CRYPTOCURRENCY
AGRICULTURE.

If you get a LOAN, use it to INVEST or START A SURE BUSINESS and payback in due time....

another thing is... pls RELOCATE, go to a better part of Nigeria like Lekki Lagos or Abuja or Calabar and start life afresh.... join a very good church and mingle so you can MARRY a GOOD LADY who will not be depending on you for money BUT will have her own businesses or job(with side hustle).

This is the little I can say in this open forum for now... Lastly pls get a MENTOR(you can not afford to do trial and error like a teenager anymore), you need someone who will point you in the right direction and guide you through the steps... Mentors do not give money o, but they train and equip you not to fail in the direction which they are guiding you.

I wish you all the best.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by timibare(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2020
Omo naija get as e be

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 14, 2020
Richardlove:
PLEASE, Why didn't you Learn a TRADE all these while..?

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Highbeepeeh(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Baba include FASTING and PRAYER in your MENU COS VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE REAL O

THEN YOU GO FOR WHAT BLACKPANTHAR SAID

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Bornfool(m): 7:03am On Aug 14, 2020
Have you try billing and dating?

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Nicepoker(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Gather all you can and go into farming.

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Zimri(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2020
Nicepoker:
Gather all you can and go into farming.

I wanted to suggest that.

A cabstar truck of cassava tubers currently goes between 120k-150k

Fresh maize is currently and seriously scare. You're in money if you are a farmer "this year" it is not always rosy though.

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Zimri(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2020
Bro! It's Zimri on the beat.

You're not alone but this shouldn't come as a consolation. A lot can still be done infact this year.

You can venture into farming, I'll suggest crop farming for now because it holds less risk and you could be smiling next year.

Here is a break down of how you can go about a maize/cassava intercropping

Note: I'm not an internet/online farmer cheesy grin

So the figures I'm giving you here are all first hand

Rent [an acre of land] = N10,000
Cutting/ridging/Clearing = N35,000
Maize seeds. = N 1,500
Cassava Stems. = N15,000
Chemicals. = N 4,200
Transportation. = N10,000

Let's say 80k in investment

Other unforseen circumstances include attack on your maize by fall army worm so you may need chemicals to eradicate them else they'll destroy your plants.

You will have to plant the maize seeds and the cassava stems yourself
You have to constantly monitor it as well.

Harvest:
As I have said earlier, there is a boom in cassava farming lately this year.

A cabstar truck full of cassava tubers currently goes between 120-150k you can get 2 to 3 truck of cassava tubers on an acre. So if you'd planted cassava last year you'd be making a profit of more than 250k.

Note that on an average cassava market a cabstar truck goes for around 80k. But even at this it is still cool.

I didn't talk about the maize cheesy
You have 3000 heaps on an acre of farmland if you plant 3 seeds per heap that's a total of 9000 stands you may or may not need fertilizer depending on how fertile your soil is.

Now, 9000 stands to be realistic with you. You can't get 9000 stands. So will not grow well, attacks from came rats etc so let's say the damages done takes 2500 stands away. You have 7500 maize cobs. On a regular maize market, 10 cobs goes for N100. That means you can make around 60-70k on maize.

Sales 60k+160k let's say you sell two trucks=220k

220k-80k=140k profit. You can make this a side hustle. It's even cooler cool if you have more than an acre.

Now, here is another good news. cheesy

CBN don ban importation of maize so by next year maize will be gold dust. Don't let me even get started with what the demands is going to look like next year. The signs are even here already dry maize is already expensive in the market.
This is August maize can still be planted it takes just three months to grow to maturity.

Bro! I haven't said farming is easy but if you're calculative it's worth it you can DM me for more clarifications. I can't possibly give you all here.
I hope this helps.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by cooleo(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2020
Please pick a trade of interest and learn.
Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Nicepoker(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2020
Zimri:

I wanted to suggest that.

A cabstar truck of cassava tubers currently goes between 120k-150k

Fresh maize is currently and seriously scare. You're in money if you are a farmer "this year" it is not always rosy though.
By next year dry maize will be very expensive. And that's my target.

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Gaspardd(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2020
Don't put your mind into getting a job. What you've been seeing is what you re gonna still get. Learn a fucking skill. 3 mths I was at home cuz of lockdown. To survive I had to learn bricklaying skills. That helped me a lot. Now that I am working, I am learning TIG welding and later would learn SMAW. Build skills upon skills. That's d way bro

10 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2020
Richardlove:

Like seriously you studied communication in school and yet no job?
Please enrol in any of these brand communication /advertising school, get trained and land yourself a very high paying job.
In fact call me if you can...

Safariboy call me asap

4 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Vyzz: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2020
Zimri:
Bro! It's Zimri on the beat.

You're not alone but this shouldn't come as a consolation. A lot can still be done infact this year.

You can venture into farming, I'll suggest crop farming for now and you could be smiling next year.

Note: I'm not an internet/online farmer cheesy grin

We understand...

You are more into animals grin

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by chocboi78(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2020
I feel touched by ya'll giving meaningful advice. u guys re d real mvps

7 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by AVECDEO: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2020
I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous.

Must you work for people?

Why can't people work for you too?

You're a graduate with post school skills turn your skills to fortune by starting a business,no Mather how small.

Go to parks,garrages,markets malls and observe things...you'll get thinking.

If you can't start a spanking business start copying a lucrative and simple businesses(e full everywhere)

The only problem I see that you have is "shame and timidity"...if you can remove same you'll discover yourself.

Start a business and work your ass out...shame no dey feed person....just start something everything na grace.

5 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Salt06(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2020
blackpanthar:

Anyway , I feel your pain brother BUT I also would love to humbly suggest that you consider going into business.

Importation business was booming last decade but now things have changed, there are other simple businesses you could do for yourself and at least you would make as little as 300-400k monthly.

GOD NO GO SHAME US

Another thing is pls BE INFORMED... you didn't need to suffer this long if you had proper information.

This year COVID-19 RELIEF FUND was disbursed and am a witness that MANY people cashed out as little as 100-450k and the registration info was posted here on nairaland since MARCH.... but many did not know and some took it to be scam. I know someone who did it with multiple accounts using different people and he cashed out in Millions.... see all am saying is RELEVANT INFORMATION EASES TENSION... you didn't need to suffer this long. You can get relevant information by making good business minded friends on NL whom you can get info from every time you log in, for me I have missimelda01 grin.

As at yesterday, BUHARI announced another opportunity like the earlier one I mentioned... its the 75 billion naira NYIF loan for YOUTHS... pls GOOGLE it and apply.

Also sir pls be very very veryyy prayerful... so that situations like this would not look like a curse.

REAL ESTATE
TRANSPORTATION
CRYPTOCURRENCY
AGRICULTURE.

If you get a LOAN, use it to INVEST or START A SURE BUSINESS and payback in due time....

another thing is... pls RELOCATE, go to a better part of Nigeria like Lekki Lagos or Abuja or Calabar and start life afresh.... join a very good church and mingle so you can MARRY a GOOD LADY who will not be depending on you for money BUT will have her own businesses or job(with side hustle).

This is the little I can say in this open forum for now... Lastly pls get a MENTOR(you can not afford to do trial and error like a teenager anymore), you need someone who will point you in the right direction and guide you through the steps... Mentors do not give money o, but they train and equip you not to fail in the direction which they are guiding you.

I wish you all the best.

So inspiring, OP Pls follow this advise

5 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by dipson4u08(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2020
job9ja247:
Visit job9ja.com to get employed today!

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

na wa oooooooooo

go and learn a skill, learn barbing or shoe making....

learn plumber or mechanic .....

education for naija na scam....

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by kingPhidel(m): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Highbeepeeh:
Baba include FASTING and PRAYER in your MENU COS VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE REAL O

THEN YOU GO FOR WHAT BLACKPANTHAR SAID
after doing what highbeepeeh said, then follow up Blackpanthar's advice. Engage in evangilism ASAP and God will settle u
Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by shizzy7(f): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2020
blackpanthar:

GOD NO GO SHAME US

REAL ESTATE
TRANSPORTATION
CRYPTOCURRENCY
AGRICULTURE.

I wish you all the best.
please remove Covid-19 relief from this your post abeg, those that cashed out are not the ones that registered online....

Obtaining a Loan will be the beginning of next level frustration for him. No business is sure, you don't take loan to fund a new business without having any static repayment plan or backup (like rental income e.t.c) what if the business doesn't work?

Marry a lady who will not depend on you for money?? REALLY...

Please be realistic with your advise. Na naija we dey.

9 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Abudu2000(m): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2020
EVILFOREST:

PLEASE, Why didn't you Learn a TRADE all these while..?
these are the kind of advice i hate most. Dors the op not regret already why blaming him more or you want to add to the depression that he already is in or make him feel like time is gone already. I have relatives like ur type and for the oast 10years they don't know where i am coz i avoid them like a plague.

14 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by jericco1(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2020
38 wow bro that's painful

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Evidence1000(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Richardlove:

Something does not add up in this your post. You said you're 38 years old and you served your fatherland 6 years ago but we all know that once you're above 30, you can't go for NYSC anymore rather, you'll collect a letter of exemption. Should we then believe you?

3 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Abudu2000(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2020
Evidence1000:

Something does not add up in this your post. You said you're 38 years old and you served your fatherland 6 years ago but we all know that once you're above 30, you can't go for NYSC anymore rather, you'll collect a letter of exemption. Should we then believe you?
i know a 34 yo guy who went for nysc so forget that thing. If it wasn't compulsory trust me no one will waste one year going to a dangerous place to stay.

9 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by nairaman66(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2020
blackpanthar:

GOD NO GO SHAME US

REAL ESTATE
TRANSPORTATION
CRYPTOCURRENCY
AGRICULTURE.

I wish you all the best.

You said everything! Info is POWER!

3 Likes

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2020
Abudu2000:
these are the kind of advice i hate most. Dors the op not regret already why blaming him more or you want to add to the depression that he already is in or make him feel like time is gone already. I have relatives like ur type and for the oast 10years they don't know where i am coz i avoid them like a plague.
No one is INSULTING him here.
We are simply and humbly making our submissions known...
We ask why he had to wait for this long..
YEARS lost can't be recovered nor accounted for..

Yes, we know One can be blessed at any time but one has to be prepared for such.
There are so many things one can do.
I have seen GRADUATES take up KeKe Napep as Hired purchase and paid back gradually.
No human not even Ladies will be impressed to hear such story from a man without any disability.
Must he work for people..?
Must he wear TIE to work..?
Must he wear SUITS to work..?
Must he work in an AC OFFICE...?

When he could have learnt a trade even as a graduate. Go to ONITSHA and ABA, you will find Graduates in Shops doing buying and selling.
Are they not putting Food on their Tables..?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by DontBullshitMe: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Go straight into buying and selling. . .

1 Like

Re: 38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Nawa God dey check sig

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salary Expectations From KAYMU, JUMIA And Other E-commerce Sites. / Asaba International Airport Calling For Interview / Workforce Group Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.