Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 (19858 Views)

2018 FIFA World Cup : Will An African Team Reach Semi-finals For The First Time? / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL / Cristiano Ronaldo Won't Be Leaving Real Madrid Despite Tax Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by obembet(f): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2020
The Champions League semi-finals will be devoid of the presence of both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time since 2005

The startling statistic was confirmed after Barcelona's humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals.

Ronaldo's Juventus, meanwhile, were knocked out by Lyon at the last-16 stage.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1294385352057204736?s=19

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by paulolee(m): 7:06am On Aug 15, 2020
bad, the both of them have really tried, the most consistent players ever in ucl and make them both rest abeg..
but pls mr o.p dont u think you can still pass your message in this post without including that 2-8 score board, what you sre doing isnt fair knowing that the pics is giving us bad memories about last nite.
barca were soo poor and were destroyed last nite, dey would sack the coach n dts normal wich isnt fair because all dt barca players were bad even my goat..
the painful thing is dt, its the last game of the season and the pains would last longer and also coutinho that was on loan from barca have the guts to join disgracing barca, dts wickedness

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 15, 2020
Power has change hands.... "The End of An Era"

It's time we start celebrating the likes of Robert Lewandoski, Neymar Jr, Haageland, Our very own Riyad Mahrez and Kylian Mbappe...

These guys have done marvelously well for their teams respectively, it's best we celebrate them especially the beast called Lewandoski who for me has been prolific all season and my Player of the year.

"A New Dawn"

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by obembet(f): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
bad

Without Ronaldo , Juventus wouldn't have even come that far , against Lyon he gave his best , but it seemed he was only the determined player in Juventus , This season , without Messi , barca would have been relegated .....They all tried but just that , their teammates were nowhere near the level they expected from them .....Goats

Lalasticlala

Like for our CR7

Share for Messi

267 Likes 74 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by div111(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2020
corona- the end of messi-ronaldo dominance

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Slawormir: 7:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright....I dey reason am say the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo is beyond human comprehension... because most times when Ronaldo exit Messi follows or when Messi exits then Ronaldo follows

As an ardent supporter of Barcelona and lover of Messi
I was aware that the defeat of yesterday is gonna happen..
Am not a biased Moda fuckkker...i say it the way it is..

Have been saying it...
Immediately after that Napoli's game.....this was exactly what i said

I just dey pity Barcelona

If them repeat wetin them play against Napoli then i can bet my balls they are going out when they face Bayern Munich
Suarez was acting like actor instead of him to be serious
Falling and rolling on the floor for every little touch
Greizmann is no where to be found....
They better be serious or lewandowski will score them every minute
I shock when that guy score five goals within nine minutes
Muller own even worse.....you nor go see am for inside field but the next thing you go hear from commentator na

Goal! Goal! Thomas muller

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by wunmi590(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2020
embarassed

I'm a confirm Ronaldo fan as Real Madrid fan, but honest be told, both of them are joy to watch.

It's a pity that both if them couldn't go far this season in champions league.

My advice is for Messi to leave Barcelona and try and redeem his image and play another league.

Barcelona are currently living in their oast glory.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by babag93: 7:23am On Aug 15, 2020
The Gradual End Of An Era.
They’ve outdone themselves.
Even GOATS dey tire and retire.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by EddyRex: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Barcelona paid €140m for Coutiho to humiliate them, score 2 assist 1 omg dis life no balance i swear down.

22 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Drienzia: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
You just have to give it to those Bayern players, the players gave their all, A very decent teamwork, pace and control, Goal poachers. This has to be the best team in Europe since the Barcelona team of 2011/2012.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by EBEk101(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Ai really felt sorry for my goat last nyt chai d beating was too much

4 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by ThierryJay: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Barca's collapse yesterday was a systemic one that had been long-coming. The real problem was about the way Barca played which got them exposed against a rampaging Bayern Munich side. BARCA play without PACE and ENERGY while just relying on technical ability. It is therefore no surprise that an energetic, precise team is able to shred their lethargic defence apart with ease yet and yet again. Yes, maybe Messi might have hustled a bit more to score one goal, but there was absolutely nothing he could have done to minimize the humiliation with the lethargic way the team was set-up.

Barca need to bring in ATHLETIC and technically gifted players to rebuild the team. And that entire defence needs to be overhauled as they defend like school boys. The team lacks intensity and any opponent that does a bit of strong pressing (Liverpool, Man city, Madridi) will take this current barca team to the cleaners, Messi notwithstanding.

This match has just shown that a working team system beats individual prowess. Coutinho that has not been particularly brilliant even at Bayern was able to score 2 goals and had 1 assist. This shows that it was more about the team set-up than the individual players. Kudos to the Bayern coach. A working system makes an average player look good e.g Wijnaldum, Henderson, while an ineffective set-up can make a very good player look bad e.g Frenkie De Jong, Ter Stegen today.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by saxietohgbaskie(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
These guys are coming back better next season!!! Especially Ronaldo. I think it’s time for Messi to lookout for new challenges elsewhere. That Barca team is just like arsenal without Messi.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Bossontop(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
tongue
At least the real GOAT (ororo) was not booted out, kicked out and disgraced out of d UCL......lol

[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

55 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Prechgold1180(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
I so much 8 2 accept this

12 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Now playing ..........
♪♪♪ Barca lives matter →→ Bayern ft Ronaldo

Sonofman18:
If you don't have what to say please keep quiet
I feel your pain, son.
Now playing .......... ♪♪♪ Cry me a river →→ Justin Timberlake

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by tesppidd: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
angry
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by tesppidd: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
obembet:

Without Ronaldo , Juventus wouldn't have even come that far , against Lyon he gave his best , but it seemed he was only the determined player in Juventus , This season , without Messi , barca would have been relegated .....They all tried but just that , their teammates were nowhere near the level they expected from them .....Goats

Lalasticlala
Without Ronaldo they've been to 2 finals and 1 semi final in then last 5 years.

With Ronaldo they have not crossed the quarter finals.

WTF you talking about lady?

As for Messi he's older and slower and his team is now made of 33 year olds and more.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by emaxjey(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
shocked well .. both of them are legends already .. they have paid their dues .. let's respect that at least .. cool

Abeg o , my signature is saying something..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by AlabiJ: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Twilight/End of an interesting era. They have both tried. E no easy.

6 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
End of era

cry cry

It was cool while it lasted
Messi to inter
Or Argentina

Life goes on

3 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Danqwe: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Locate, Monitor & Control your vehicle 24/7 with your phone, tablet & PC.

Protect your vehicles with the latest, advanced and effective technology and experience peace of mind by knowing the real time location of your vehicle at all time.

Listen to voice conversation going on in your vehicle remotely from your phone in real time and plan your next move irrespective of the distance.

You can check places where your car has been too for the whole week.

You can see the speed your car moving.

You can Geo fence your car not to leave a particular state.

Take 100% control of your car at all time. Stop and Resume your car engine from anywhere you are when neccessary.

PRICE IS #35.000

No ANNUAL RENEWAL, IT'S ONE TIME PAYMENT.

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by JesusJesus: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Legends.
Football fans all over the world will remember you guys for your greatness. Thank God I was alive to witness such great and talented players.

Respect

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2020
And for the first time no ballon d'or will happen this year, nor will it be sure for the 2 of them.
Lewandowski will be so pained
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by ibawon(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Nothing lasts forever
The young shall grow
The old will die retire
As a Barca Fan
I cry internally
I did not 8-2 be a Barca Fan

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by sammy7410(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2020
grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by adioolayi(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2020
We've had our own beautiful moments and unforgettable good memories as a club. Yesterday was a dark day for Barcelona players, coaching crew, management and her fans...It is what it is. . FOOTBALL.

We move on from there.

We are FCBarcelona.

6 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by skywalker240(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2020
grin

these guys are already past it.

but it would take years to meet a replacement of this kind of dominance

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Nothing is ever for sure...

This surely marks the entrance to their exit from the game

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores To Take Barcelona Into Champions League Semi-Final. / John Terry Signs For Aston Villa / "If You Feel Pressure, Stay At Home" - Jose Mourinho To Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.