Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. (333 Views)

Akara And Pap Business / Yakubu The Pap Producer Factory Has A New Look / Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by Adieza(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
There is a reward in the ecclesiastical saying that “whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might” and the affirmation of these words on Friday came to bear in the life of 21 year-old Yakubu Jimoh John, following his pap-selling story which broke out on social media and earned him a meet with the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode
Fayemi.

John, an indigene of Adavi Local Government Area of Kogi State, and resident in Ado-Ekiti had on August 9th, 2020 proudly posted his “hustle” on twitter, with two pictures of him getting his hands dirty to pay his bills.

He twitted: “My name is Jimoh John Yakubu, I live in Ado Ekiti and I’m 21 years old. This is my hustle, I’m 100 level student of NOUN, this is what I use to pay my bills and schools fees. I produce different varieties of pap. I’m a proud pap producer.”

The tweet went viral, garnering no fewer than 9,560 retweets and comments, and 25.1 thousand likes; and it eventually got the attention of Governor Fayemi.

John told Ebira Reporters that he was inspired to make the post after he saw a twitter user priding himself as a vegetable seller. He did not know his own would get him an invite from the Governor who said he saw it himself on twitter.

The Governor celebrated John’s strong entrepreneurial skills, stating that promising young people like him should be a role model to other young people.

“It is not so much what you sell in essence, but that you are independent minded, enterprising, looking for solutions and not waiting for people to help you, and you are not hanging around begging for money.

“Jimoh is an individual of promise and we will support him in his journey to become a better person for himself, family and society,” the Governor said.

He encouraged him to keep pushing on, thereby assuring him of his full supports towards the actualization of his dreams.

To John, his pap business story cannot be complete without a mention of his mother, Mrs Khadijat Yakubu who raised him and his siblings through the business, following their father’s demise 18 years ago.

“My success story is not complete without talking about my mum. The woman who took the sole responsibility of training 5 children from primary school up to higher level, 18 years after our father’s demise… the honour is for this great woman,” he shared in part of his dedication.

https://www.ebirareporters.com/2020/08/gov-fayemi-meets-21-year-old-student.html?m=1

Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by Kemimarch16(f): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
I'm happy for him
Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by TheCork(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I'm happy for him

Good morning. Please do u have nyansh please n please can you cook n clean? Am looking for beautiful house maid & u get up to 300 naira a months. U interested? cheesy
Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by Kemimarch16(f): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2020
TheCork:

Good morning. Please do u have nyansh please n please can you cook n clean? Am looking for beautiful house maid & u get up to 300 naira a months. U interested? cheesy
i have already choose a sane part on nairaland ,if not i would have answered you rudely or abusively

1 Like

Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by Cradle007: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2020
People will say God has picked this boy's call
Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by mariahAngel(f): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2020
TheCork:

Dude! You're hilarious! grin

No go let your quest for nyash kill laslas

Ngwe obula, nyash nyash nyash na-akwu gi na-ahu
I hugburu onwe gi nwataa?
grin
Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by TheCork(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kemimarch16:
i have already choose a sane part on nairaland ,if not i would have answered you rudely or abusively

^^^^ antitude....she ain't even lightskin or halfcast an then she complain she can't find man on nairaland..Bush chick!! (wota shame) undecided
Re: Gov Fayemi Meets 21 Year-old Student Who Sells Pap To Pay Tuition. by TheCork(m): 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

Dude! You're hilarious! grin

No go let your quest for nyash kill laslas

Ngwe obula, nyash nyash nyash na-akwu gi na-ahu
I hugburu onwe gi nwataa?
grin

My apologies sir. I love woman's nyansh too much..any size! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Create A USSD For Voting Competition In Nigeria / Sound Niger Used Cars On Hire Purchase / Go Solar Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.